HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Jussi Rynnas (Reimer Upper Body Injury)[Sent Down]

Old
03-27-2012, 07:00 PM
Morlu

vCash: 500
I bet he plays next game if the Leafs lose

Morlu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2012, 07:30 PM
Mowerman

Hnghhh

Mowerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2012, 07:54 PM
calcal798

Don't let him play a game and hopefully Gus steals none for us and we'll fall right down the standings.

calcal798 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2012, 07:55 PM
Phion Keneuf
Bang Bang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whydidijoin View Post
Stupidest thing I've ever heard.

Rynnas likely wont even play a game.
spoke too soon

Phion Keneuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2012, 08:31 PM
Whydidijoin*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phion Keneuf View Post
spoke too soon
No, it is still the stupidest thing to even mention. Or are people now suggesting that the Leafs told Gus to crap the bed so that Rynnas could take over?

If the Leafs were trying to get around the call-up rule to get experience for their young goaltenders, they wouldn't have called up their 5th string. And they would have started him.

Whydidijoin* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2012, 08:58 PM
smitty10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whydidijoin View Post
No, it is still the stupidest thing to even mention. Or are people now suggesting that the Leafs told Gus to crap the bed so that Rynnas could take over?

If the Leafs were trying to get around the call-up rule to get experience for their young goaltenders, they wouldn't have called up their 5th string. And they would have started him.
He's not the 5th string. Rynnas is likely to be back as the Marlies 'head' goalie next season splitting most of the starts with Owuya. At 26, I can't see this organization holding on to Scrivens past this season.

I was impressed with his size and movement out there. Doubt he sees another game this year, but this is good experience for him going forward.

PS does anyone else think his stature and pads make him look like Lundqvist out there?

smitty10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2012, 09:00 PM
Stephen

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitty10 View Post
H
PS does anyone else think his stature and pads make him look like Lundqvist out there?
Nope. Don't start with the hype building. He simply looked like a confident goalie from a good environment with good body language and focus. Let's be happy with that and dial down the expectations and let him earn our trust and admiration.

Stephen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2012, 09:02 PM
smitty10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
Nope. Don't start with the hype building. He simply looked like a confident goalie from a good environment with good body language and focus. Let's be happy with that and dial down the expectations and let him earn our trust and admiration.
I'm not trying to start building any hype. He played a portion of a single NHL game. He is not comparable in anyway to Lundqvist based on skill, but I thought his size, stance and size of equipment reminded me of him.

Old
03-27-2012, 09:08 PM
Whydidijoin*

Quote:
He's not the 5th string. Rynnas is likely to be back as the Marlies 'head' goalie next season splitting most of the starts with Owuya. At 26, I can't see this organization holding on to Scrivens past this season.

I was impressed with his size and movement out there. Doubt he sees another game this year, but this is good experience for him going forward.

Reimer and Gustavsson have been our NHL goaltenders. Scrivens has spent the whole season in the AHL (aside from a couple of games in the NHL) and has put up the best numbers there. Owuya and Rynnas have split time between the AHL and ECHL this year. Owuya has significantly better stats in both leagues. Rynnas is clearly the 5th string.

Rynnas is less than a year younger than Scrivens, and his contract ends this season as well.

Whydidijoin* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2012, 09:15 PM
Srsly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf4Life View Post
This.

This is obviously a fake 'injury' to give someone a game or two of nhl experience at the end of the season.

I wonder how the NHL enforces their callup policy?
I don't know if its that fake. Reimer has been playing like he's been injured all season. A shoulder injury would explain his poor glovehand and his play also dropped off after his injury earlier in the season.

Srsly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2012, 09:23 PM
diceman934
LINT must go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srsly View Post
I don't know if its that fake. Reimer has been playing like he's been injured all season. A shoulder injury would explain his poor glovehand and his play also dropped off after his injury earlier in the season.
He is concussed.....His glove hand has been bad always!

diceman934 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2012, 09:31 PM
Stephen

Quote:
I'm not trying to start building any hype. He played a portion of a single NHL game. He is not comparable in anyway to Lundqvist based on skill, but I thought his size, stance and size of equipment reminded me of him.
I know what you're getting at, I just don't want to start the "whispers of Lundqvist" stuff after 2 periods...

Stephen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2012, 08:32 AM
smitty10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
I know what you're getting at, I just don't want to start the "whispers of Lundqvist" stuff after 2 periods...
Fair enough.

Old
03-28-2012, 09:12 AM
Hero
Buffy is Back

Rynnas will come in, no pressure, get hot and win the last 5 games.

Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2012, 09:29 AM
Jeffler
Shut Up Jeffler

Quote:
Originally Posted by hero View Post
Rynnas will come in, no pressure, get hot and win the last 5 games.
Agreed.

In totally unrelated news, Rynnas is back with the Marlies today.

Old
03-28-2012, 09:30 AM
dubey
Registered Genius

Scrivens up Rynnas down

dubey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2012, 09:34 AM
FishManSam
Bobs Yummy Burgers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffler View Post
Agreed.

In totally unrelated news, Rynnas is back with the Marlies today.

FishManSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2012, 09:58 AM
ErnieLeafs
LOVE & LIVE the Game

Scrivens is likely gone in a deal this summer. Burke will give him a chance to play in the NHL somewhere, and may be able to add a 2nd or 3rd rounder in the process.

Bottom line is, Rynnas and Owuya will split time with the Marlies next year, and Scrivens has probably played his way not only out of the minors, but the organization.

I think Rynnas has more potential anyway. Of the two, I think Jussi makes the better NHL goalie. That, and he's a proto-typical Allaire goalie, who doesn't need to change a thing about his style or technique. He's a natural butterfly goalie.

ErnieLeafs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2012, 10:01 AM
birddog*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErnieLeafs View Post
Scrivens is likely gone in a deal this summer. Burke will give him a chance to play in the NHL somewhere, and may be able to add a 2nd or 3rd rounder in the process.

Bottom line is, Rynnas and Owuya will split time with the Marlies next year, and Scrivens has probably played his way not only out of the minors, but the organization.

I think Rynnas has more potential anyway. Of the two, I think Jussi makes the better NHL goalie. That, and he's a proto-typical Allaire goalie, who doesn't need to change a thing about his style or technique. He's a natural butterfly goalie.
I think they are all career number 2's at best.

birddog* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2012, 10:07 AM
questhockey

I think Reimer is mildly concussed or precautionary measures being taken. Got hit fairly hard in the head last game played, just outside blue paint. He looked shaky rest of game, and hasn't played since. Just my 2 cents

questhockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2012, 11:27 AM
burke4life

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErnieLeafs View Post

Thats not burkes call to make, its the coach not the GM that says who gets to start in net

burke4life is offline   Reply With Quote