HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Zuccarello

Old
03-28-2012, 04:40 AM
Ilovemymum
recreational MD

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glennsoe View Post
Norway biggest newspaper wrote today that they exchanged texts with zuke and that he's out at least 8 weeks after the operation in which a couple of plates were put into his left arm.

He broke the same arm last season, but this injury was in the middle of the arm.

A well known doctor in Norway said he likely broke both bones in the arm or else the plates are unnessasary.
Jeeesus. This sucks.

Ilovemymum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2012, 06:28 AM
TigerJack

vCash: 500
Quote:
Norway biggest newspaper wrote today that they exchanged texts with zuke and that he's out at least 8 weeks after the operation in which a couple of plates were put into his left arm.

He broke the same arm last season, but this injury was in the middle of the arm.

A well known doctor in Norway said he likely broke both bones in the arm or else the plates are unnessasary.
In other words;
Back for the Stanley Cup Final, game 7, with a GWG

Btw, wonder if the Rangers are happy with Zuke commenting his injury to the norwegian media...

TigerJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2012, 06:59 AM
Ilovemymum
recreational MD

Is that a problem?
Som much for the Elvish medicine. Frodo not likely a Lord of the SC ring this spring.

Old
03-28-2012, 07:05 AM
Glennsoe
Horndog

I'd like to stress that the minimum 8 weeks is the Norwegian doctors opinion based on hockey being a contact sport...

Glennsoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2012, 08:01 AM
Ilovemymum
recreational MD

Quote:
I'd like to stress that the minimum 8 weeks is the Norwegian doctors opinion based on hockey being a contact sport...
Yes. All he did was to that he was operated and that they put in some plates. Can't be a big problem for the Rangers?

Old
03-28-2012, 08:58 AM
anofsti

vCash: 679
6-8 weeks means from the end of april, till the middle of May, so around the end of the second or third round is plausible.

anofsti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2012, 11:25 AM
Hellion
Stone Age Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glennsoe

What the newspaper writes is: it COULD be a break in both bones in the arm, and it COULD be 6 to 8 weeks. This information is coming from a doctor that does not know, have not examined, and have no knowlegde to the injury whatsoever, other than a text which the newspaper said they got from MZA. According to the newspaper the text said "I had surgury yesterday, put in some plates". In other words speculation from the doctor and the newspaper.

Also, the newspaper and doctor are talking about a break in the arm and not the wrist.

Hellion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2012, 12:00 PM
Brian Boyle
portnor, pls

vCash: 659
It will take 6-8 weeks becasue they have to send away for some tiny instruments to operate on him.

Brian Boyle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2012, 12:04 PM
94now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion View Post
What the newspaper writes is: it COULD be a break in both bones in the arm, and it COULD be 6 to 8 weeks. This information is coming from a doctor that does not know, have not examined, and have no knowlegde to the injury whatsoever, other than a text which the newspaper said they got from MZA. According to the newspaper the text said "I had surgury yesterday, put in some plates". In other words speculation from the doctor and the newspaper.

Also, the newspaper and doctor are talking about a break in the arm and not the wrist.
You are not a doctor, obviously. Neither am I, only I had similar surgery done twice. Second time the plate was replaced using same holes drilled originally, but surgeon used larger screws. For me it was my left forearm, but it called broken wrist. It is true, when one bone is intact, no open surgery needed. I am not anywhere near pro, but for me it took a year to get my slap shot back.

Last edited by 94now: 03-28-2012 at 01:07 PM.
94now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2012, 12:57 PM
Hellion
Stone Age Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94now View Post
You are not a doctor, obviously. Neither am I, only I had similar surgery done twice. Second time the plate was replaced using same holes drilled originally, but surgeon used larger screws. For me it was my left forearm, but it called broken wrist. It is true, when one bone is intact, no open surgery needed. I am not anywhere near pro, but for me it took a year to get my slap shot back.
Still does not change the fact that the newspaper article and comments from the doctor is nothing more than spectulation.

Also, when it comes to recovery time, the fitter you are the less recovery time. Usually

Old
03-28-2012, 01:17 PM
94now

Quote:
Still does not change the fact that the newspaper article and comments from the doctor is nothing more than spectulation.
True, I just do not get why would you discount it? If you are looking for proven facts read official releases from NYR. Good luck to find anything useful there.

Old
03-28-2012, 01:31 PM
Hellion
Stone Age Hockey

Quote:
True, I just do not get why would you discount it? If you are looking for proven facts read official releases from NYR. Good luck to find anything useful there.
I dont understand why you are arguing the fact that this doctor has no basis to make a statement about his injury. He has not seen the arm, nor the records, and is basing his diagnosis on a text message.

What i am saying is that i am not going make any judgement based on this doctors opinions of an injury he knows nothing about.

Old
03-28-2012, 01:45 PM
94now

Quote:
I dont understand why you are arguing the fact that this doctor has no basis to make a statement about his injury. He has not seen the arm, nor the records, and is basing his diagnosis on a text message.

What i am saying is that i am not going make any judgement based on this doctors opinions of an injury he knows nothing about.
The doctor was talking about the injury. So did I. Neither him or me have to examine Zucarello to conclude that he is done for the season and Conference playoffs. Sure, injuries have some specific with respect to person incurring such, but the time of recovery is known in general. Besides, all x-rays of broken forearm are similar. If you argue that doctor is wrong, than what else cound be fractured that required surgery? Hand? That, god forbid, much worse and could only be longer.

Old
03-28-2012, 01:56 PM
BBKers

Send a message via Skype™ to BBKers
He is most likely gone for the year. Sounds like it as least. If not - we will go far in POs - which is all good! Too bad for the little guy - thought he did good after recall. I really miss him and his creative passing on the PP (yestraday was abyssmal again). Something tells me he will be wearing True Blue next year again on a one way deal for around a million.
Not much of a gamble for the Rangers organisation - if he gets waived (unlikely) he is likely a goner (meaning that then we will have a very good team assembled). If not (for a lower cap hit than this year - that is important to remember) he should be able to contribute something valuable.
He might also be resigned and then used as a tradechip (minor) as part of a bigger deal next summer, but I think not...

BBKers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2012, 02:01 PM
Crease

Quote:
Originally Posted by -31- View Post
It will take 6-8 weeks because they have to send away for some tiny instruments to operate on him.
Underated and underacknowledged post.

Crease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2012, 02:09 PM
Hellion
Stone Age Hockey

Quote:
The doctor was talking about the injury. So did I. Neither him or me have to examine Zucarello to conclude that he is done for the season and Conference playoffs. Sure, injuries have some specific with respect to person incurring such, but the time of recovery is known in general. Besides, all x-rays of broken forearm are similar. If you argue that doctor is wrong, than what else cound be fractured that required surgery? Hand? That, god forbid, much worse and could only be longer.
Excuse me, but did you read the article in question? And also, do you know anything about the publishing newspaper?

Old
03-28-2012, 02:41 PM
The Sweetness

Quote:
It will take 6-8 weeks becasue they have to send away for some tiny instruments to operate on him.

The Sweetness is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2012, 02:55 PM
Hellion
Stone Age Hockey

Quote:
Hehe, microsurgery

Old
03-28-2012, 09:30 PM
94now

Quote:
Excuse me, but did you read the article in question? And also, do you know anything about the publishing newspaper?
No, I don't know the language. I am sure you would question authenticity of information that is not in original form.
What's your point besides just questioning someones post? Or you are not sure that Norway actually exists, has newspapers, doctors like in here?

Old
03-28-2012, 10:01 PM
anofsti

vCash: 679
Quote:

A doctor can make an educated guess though, why would you argue that? It's better than the "Indefinetly" that Rangers gives us.

anofsti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2012, 10:07 PM
Giglio NYR15
Section 417

Why rush him back..hes not callahan, gaborik, richards, or henrik. Hes done for the year, its a moot point. drop it. Whether he will be a ranger next year or not is different, hes done this year though. Just destiny for Kreider to enter the fold IMO.

Giglio NYR15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2012, 11:20 AM
SixGoalieSystem
Eat all the bacon!

Couple of stiches for Zuc

Last edited by SixGoalieSystem: 03-30-2012 at 11:51 AM.
SixGoalieSystem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2012, 11:27 AM
HAPPY HOUR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubkov21 View Post

That's great!

HAPPY HOUR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2012, 12:35 PM
Ilovemymum
recreational MD

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAPPY HOUR View Post
That's great!
His first tweet? 1073 followers and 1 tweet?

Old
03-30-2012, 12:47 PM
SixGoalieSystem
Eat all the bacon!

Well he just joined today and if he tweeted too often, twitter would probably break down due to all the retweets

SixGoalieSystem is offline   Reply With Quote