HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Tank Habs lose 3-2 SO

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-28-2012, 11:21 AM
  #76
Kimota
Nation of Poutine
 
Kimota's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: La Vieille Capitale
Country: France
Posts: 20,944
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pernell Karl View Post
Probably because he's fighting guys who are like 4-5 inches bigger than him or guys who are heavyweights like Chris Neil. Over half of his fights are because he's sticking up for teammates, but I guess he should let people run Price over and do nothing because he looks like the Scarecrow in the Wizard of Oz.
I'd rather he would do what Dale Hunter used to do to strike back at someone, hit a nasty spot to hurt. He doesn't have to get killed just to defend someone. But he can do other things. Character players these days lack imagination.

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2012, 11:23 AM
  #77
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses
 
Habs 4 Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Italy
Posts: 32,360
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnLennon View Post
More like dare to dream our team can succeed again. Maybe I should mention another example: that's what they said about Philly a couple years ago when they finished horribly. Look where they are now.

...not eighth, which is your brilliant argument.
Besides that 1 good year under Carbo and finishing 1st we have been a borderline playoff team since Gainey/Gauthier. Always clinching in the final few days of the regular season. The Flyers are a notch on top of the Habs and their management isn't scared to make a big move to get better now and future

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2012, 11:28 AM
  #78
JohnLennon
Registered User
 
JohnLennon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 2,880
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
Besides that 1 good year under Carbo and finishing 1st we have been a borderline playoff team since Gainey/Gauthier. Always clinching in the final few days of the regular season. The Flyers are a notch on top of the Habs and their management isn't scared to make a big move to get better now and future
The Habs are very young, and still have prospects in the pipeline. You honestly think if we went into next season with the exact same roster, we would have the same result?

Surely we wouldn't. Look at everything that went wrong this year, and a couple adjustments could have had huge implications.

JohnLennon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2012, 12:09 PM
  #79
Lafleurs Guy
Registered User
 
Lafleurs Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 18,157
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnLennon View Post
The Habs are very young, and still have prospects in the pipeline. You honestly think if we went into next season with the exact same roster, we would have the same result?

Surely we wouldn't.
Look at everything that went wrong this year, and a couple adjustments could have had huge implications.
Why not? I mean seriously man why the hell couldn't it happen again next year?

Subban, Max, Price, DD and Cole are all playing great hockey and we're still losing. Cole's had a career year... what if the guy slumps? Markov doesn't look great and there's good reason to believe that he's no longer an impact player. We've also downgraded hugely on the wings by losing Cammy and AK for Bourque... There's not much on the FA market this year and top players don't want to come here.

What makes you think it can't happen next year?

Lafleurs Guy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2012, 02:58 PM
  #80
Laus723
Future Now
 
Laus723's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Boca Raton, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 26,638
vCash: 500
Our beat writer left his all important bag sitting all alone outside the airport. He shows his thankfulness to how he was treated, and the the honesty by the Montreal police. Thanks for taking care of our boy.

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/flapa...-beaucoup.html

__________________
So you're saying there's a chance!
Laus723 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2012, 03:31 PM
  #81
Lafleurs Guy
Registered User
 
Lafleurs Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 18,157
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laus723 View Post
Our beat writer left his all important bag sitting all alone outside the airport. He shows his thankfulness to how he was treated, and the the honesty by the Montreal police. Thanks for taking care of our boy.

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/flapa...-beaucoup.html
You're welcome. Now give us Huberdeau and we'll call it even.

Lafleurs Guy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2012, 03:34 PM
  #82
JohnLennon
Registered User
 
JohnLennon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 2,880
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
Why not? I mean seriously man why the hell couldn't it happen again next year?

Subban, Max, Price, DD and Cole are all playing great hockey and we're still losing. Cole's had a career year... what if the guy slumps? Markov doesn't look great and there's good reason to believe that he's no longer an impact player. We've also downgraded hugely on the wings by losing Cammy and AK for Bourque... There's not much on the FA market this year and top players don't want to come here.

What makes you think it can't happen next year?
I stopped reading here. He has played literally EIGHT games. What a ridiculous statement! Not only that, but for the most part he has looked good for someone that was out for pretty much two years.

Gionta was gone most of the year, only having played 31 games. He is our captain but more importantly, our TOP GOAL SCORER last year by seven goals. Cammalleri had a terrible season, just all-around awful. Not much of a downgrade going from him to Bourque, to be honest. Plekanec hasn't had a season this bad in three years, and there's very little reason to believe he will repeat his mediocre production next year. Bourque hasn't done this badly in four years, where is the indication he will do badly again next year after having a revolving door of linemates on a completely new team this year? If he continues to do badly next year, we move him, it's as simple as that. I don't see why he wouldn't do any better, he has had such awful luck and no stable role on this squad.

Our defense corps was inexperienced, with only two players with more than two years of experience in the NHL. That's ridiculous. Next year those young players, like Diaz and Emelin, will have experience under their belt which will make a huge difference. If our powerplay improves just a little, and we have more stability in the lineup in terms of combinations, the season would be completely different. Not to mention we suffered so many injuries... I didn't even MENTION injuries to Moen, who was having a career year, and Gomez, Darche and Diaz. So yea, ask any analyst out there and they will tell you that if the Habs were to redo this season, they wouldn't have done so poorly the second time around. Hell, even the suicidal posters here realize that we are so much better than all the other teams at the bottom of the standings. Out of the bottom ten teams in the league, we have the best +/- and that should tell you something.

So yea, that's what makes me think it wouldn't happen again next year. And I'm not alone.

JohnLennon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2012, 05:22 PM
  #83
donghabs98
HFBoards Sponsor
 
donghabs98's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,624
vCash: 515
man this feels just like yesteday
time flies


donghabs98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2012, 05:58 PM
  #84
Born in 1909
Hockey Royalty
 
Born in 1909's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Montreal
Posts: 4,481
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
I can't wait for this season to end. The games are so boring it's unbelievable.
We actually had some decent talent to start the year, but right now it's so pathetic.
News bulletin.

Tanking is pathetic.

A segment of fans got what they wanted.

Although at this point, since its come so far I too root for a #1 overall pick

WTF not?

Born in 1909 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2012, 06:18 PM
  #85
Lafleurs Guy
Registered User
 
Lafleurs Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 18,157
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnLennon View Post
I stopped reading here.
And in doing so proved my point. You only see what you want to see.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnLennon View Post
He has played literally EIGHT games. What a ridiculous statement! Not only that, but for the most part he has looked good for someone that was out for pretty much two years.
What does eight games have to do with what I said? I said he doesn't look good. And... sorry but he hasn't looked great. We all know that he's been out two years man, so what? That's just all the more reason to doubt him for next year.

I also said there's good reason to believe he won't be the impact player he used to be. There IS good reason to believe that he won't be that impact player man. Like you said, he has been out for TWO YEARS. WTH would you think that there's not risk here? Even if he'd looked great in those 8 games there'd STILL be good reason to believe that he could go down next year.

Everyone said we HAD to see what he'd look like like on the ice this year so we could evaluate for next year. Then when you don't get the result you want, you downplay the importance of those games. My position on him was that we should treat him as not being here no matter how he played. That's still my position and the fact that he hasn't looked good only reinforces it.

And uh... I'm damn sure that you'd be screaming about how awesome he was if he'd actually looked good in those 8 games.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnLennon View Post
Gionta was gone most of the year, only having played 31 games. He is our captain but more importantly, our TOP GOAL SCORER last year by seven goals. Cammalleri had a terrible season, just all-around awful. Not much of a downgrade going from him to Bourque, to be honest. Plekanec hasn't had a season this bad in three years, and there's very little reason to believe he will repeat his mediocre production next year. Bourque hasn't done this badly in four years, where is the indication he will do badly again next year after having a revolving door of linemates on a completely new team this year? If he continues to do badly next year, we move him, it's as simple as that. I don't see why he wouldn't do any better, he has had such awful luck and no stable role on this squad.
Dude, injuries are going to happen next year too. Maybe it's not Gionta and maybe it's Max. You can never know who's going to get hurt, you just know that somebody probably will though.

Why is there little reason to believe that Pleks won't repeat this again? He now has Mr. Useless on his right side thanks to us giving away AK. He's had 40 point seasons before and is no longer being used as our number one center. And if you give him the number one job then DD is probably going to slip. Even if he does 'bounce back' 2011 was only ten points higher than this year.

As for moving him if he does poorly... you think somebody will give us a higher scoring center for one that's not producing? Why? And if we're going to move him it makes a hell of a lot more sense to do it for a younger player/pick or prospect who won't be as good in the immediate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnLennon View Post
Our defense corps was inexperienced, with only two players with more than two years of experience in the NHL. That's ridiculous. Next year those young players, like Diaz and Emelin, will have experience under their belt which will make a huge difference. If our powerplay improves just a little, and we have more stability in the lineup in terms of combinations, the season would be completely different. Not to mention we suffered so many injuries...
We are losing games right now with that corps. Do you think the summer off will make them better players? They are rookies this year, that doesn't mean that they'll be vets next season dude.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnLennon View Post
I didn't even MENTION injuries to Moen, who was having a career year, and Gomez, Darche and Diaz. So yea, ask any analyst out there and they will tell you that if the Habs were to redo this season, they wouldn't have done so poorly the second time around. Hell, even the suicidal posters here realize that we are so much better than all the other teams at the bottom of the standings. Out of the bottom ten teams in the league, we have the best +/- and that should tell you something.
You're better off not mentioning Gomez at all. It just reminds us all of how ridiculous you were in your defense of him throughout this year. As for Moen's career year... wow. His previous high was a lofty 19 points. Our grinder was going to get 27 this year? Geez, I guess that means he gets 100 next season right?

Injuries? Please guy... Happens to every team. And naming a bunch of grinders who are a dime a dozen does nothing to help your cause. I mean freaking Darche? How many straws can you grasp at? Please spare us the excuses because we'll have injuries (just like every team does) again next season too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnLennon View Post
So yea, that's what makes me think it wouldn't happen again next year. And I'm not alone.
Except you don't have anything behind your words other than wishful thinking. Saying it can't happen next year when we're losing games the way we are right now is downright silly.

Next year is a crapshoot. We've got to hope that our youngsters improve by leaps and bounds for us to really improve. Price, Subban & Max can improve somewhat but they're all playing pretty good hockey for us and we're STILL losing. Maybe coaching is better. Maybe some guys rebound. Maybe Markov goes back to being our best player... but there's good reason to believe this won't happen. Guys could just as easily not have good years or get hurt. So when you say that there's no way we'll be as bad, you don't have anything to really back you up.

I'm sorry dude but you have no credibility here. I've listened to you for a long time now talking about how great we are, how Gomez was playing well and would start to put up points, talking about how we'd be in the playoffs for sure... and now you're back telling us that we'll be better next year no matter what. I'm surprised you're not still telling us that we'll make 8th despite being eliminated.

Wake up.


Last edited by Lafleurs Guy: 03-28-2012 at 06:36 PM.
Lafleurs Guy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2012, 11:51 PM
  #86
Nicko999
Registered User
 
Nicko999's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,117
vCash: 50
Leblanc now has 62 hits in only 37 games. That will give him 129 over 77 games which will be good for 3th on the team.
His giveaways/takeaways ratio is also positive (more takeaways than giveaways).

Hopefully he adds some weight this summer.

Nicko999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:45 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.