HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs sign Greg Pateryn (two-year contract)

Old
03-28-2012, 12:50 PM
White Spy
Spy vs Blades

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkovsKnee View Post
Good. Expected news. Let's hope Danny Kristo and Steve Quailer are next.
Quailer not happening. We have until 2013 and are very tight on contracts. Kristo, we've got no choice, so I hope he's up next too.

White Spy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2012, 12:50 PM
habitue*

Quote:
Originally Posted by airic000 View Post
I bet Tinordi starts the season in Mtl as a Hal Gill replacement.
If he does, it's another sign we are in deep **** on D...

habitue* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2012, 12:56 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by habitue View Post
Or another Mitera...
I was never a fan of Mitera, saw him several times since Michigan is on tv a good bit every year. Pateryn isn't really anything like him, granted he could end up struggling just as badly if that's what you mean.

Quote:
I bet Tinordi starts the season in Mtl as a Hal Gill replacement.
I bet he doesn't, I also really really hope he doesn't as this team has to stop rushing prospects to the NHL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitespy View Post
Quailer not happening. We have until 2013 and are very tight on contracts. Kristo, we've got no choice, so I hope he's up next too.
From what I've heard, Quailer is expected to turn pro, granted the Habs may feel otherwise though so I guess we'll see. Kristo hopefully turns pro but if not getting him signed after next season wouldn't be a big deal.

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2012, 01:08 PM
The Gal Pals
Breaking Hab

vCash: 1549
Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
I bet he doesn't, I also really really hope he doesn't as this team has to stop rushing prospects to the NHL.
You can't really qualify Tinordi as being "rushed" if he makes the team next year. He'll be 20 yrs old and has spent the past 2 yrs in the OHL. Also, he's physically ready and could easily play 16-18 mins per game while he gets acclimated to the speed of the game.

Quote:
Kristo's reticence to sign scares me. That's why I was pushing for us to trade him for Alex Chiasson in the Stars system who's a big forward and a huge Habs fan. Some posters thought Kristo was better. I disagree, Chiasson is a yr younger with better numbers and the Stars just signed him to an ELC.

The Gal Pals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2012, 01:10 PM
White Spy
Spy vs Blades

Quote:
I was never a fan of Mitera, saw him several times since Michigan is on tv a good bit every year. Pateryn isn't really anything like him, granted he could end up struggling just as badly if that's what you mean.

From what I've heard, Quailer is expected to turn pro, granted the Habs may feel otherwise though so I guess we'll see. Kristo hopefully turns pro but if not getting him signed after next season wouldn't be a big deal.
Didn't know he was expected to, but not a rush. I'd prefer he has one more season at Northeastern to hopefully dominate.

As for Kristo, it actually is a big deal if we sign him next season.
Because he played in the USHL the year after being drafted, Canadiens could lose his rights on June 1st, 2012 if he forgoes his senior year after the 2011-12 season.

Old
03-28-2012, 01:12 PM
habitue*

Quote:
You can't really qualify Tinordi as being "rushed" if he makes the team next year. He'll be 20 yrs old and has spent the past 2 yrs in the OHL. Also, he's physically ready and could easily play 16-18 mins per game while he gets acclimated to the speed of the game.

Kristo's reticence to sign scares me. That's why I was pushing for us to trade him for Alex Chiasson in the Stars system who's a big forward and a huge Habs fan. Some posters thought Kristo was better. I disagree, Chiasson is a yr younger with better numbers and the Stars just signed him to an ELC.
You know very well that this Habs organisation doesn't want any DISTRACTION created by the presence of too many local born players.... So far, DD and Leblanc are very quiet young gentlemen... as soon as the medias will hype them too much, they will be traded.

Old
03-28-2012, 01:18 PM
habs03
Subban #Thoroughbred

If someone should correct me, atleast Kristo, Beaulieu are the next on the list to be signed by this summer, and both should be in the AHL starting next season ight?

habs03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2012, 01:20 PM
The Gal Pals
Breaking Hab

Quote:
Originally Posted by habs03 View Post
If someone should correct me, atleast Kristo, Beaulieu are the next on the list to be signed by this summer, and both should be in the AHL starting next season ight?
Beaulieu will be signed for sure. He's spent 4 yrs in the Q which allows him to join the AHL as of next yr which will no doubt be his intention.

Kristo seems to want to return to the NCAA for one last yr... This kid makes weird decisions if you ask me.

Last edited by The Gal Pals: 03-28-2012 at 01:30 PM.
Old
03-28-2012, 01:22 PM
habitue*

Quote:
Beaulieu will be signed for sure. He's spent 4 yrs in the Q which allows him to join the AHL as of next yr which will no doubt be his intention.

Kristo seems to want to return to the NCAA for one last yr which would mean we lose his rights... This kid makes weird decisions if you ask me.
Maybe he wants to keep dating that girl living across the frozen snowy park for one more school year ?

Old
03-28-2012, 01:23 PM
habs03
Subban #Thoroughbred

Quote:

Kristo seems to want to return to the NCAA for one last yr which would mean we lose his rights... This kid makes weird decisions if you ask me.
Thanks,

For Kristo, can't we sign him and let him playing the NCAA, but I think there is some rule that if he signs an contract he can't play in NCAA sports?

That is tough, so if he isn't signed he is probably going to sign with another team next year around this time?

Old
03-28-2012, 01:24 PM
The Gal Pals
Breaking Hab

Quote:
Originally Posted by habitue View Post
Maybe he wants to keep dating that girl living across the frozen winter filled park for one more school year ?
The Habs should buy him a pair of Sorel boots if that's the case before he loses a limb.

Old
03-28-2012, 01:24 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4 View Post
Plus you have Brendon Nash, Joe Stejskal and possibly Frederic St-Denis (depending if he makes the big club) already there.

I wonder if we will sign Scott Kishel too.

Should be a fun year in Hamilton.
I doubt we sign Kishel.

Nash and St.Denis are both waiver eligible so we could lose one if they are sent down.

I could see us trading Weber and keeping St.Denis as #7. Though I think Weber will have success elswhere the coaches don't seem to trust him here.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2012, 01:26 PM
habsprospects
Irresponsible User

Quote:
We don't lose his rights if he stays in NCAA next season. Well, not until August 2013.

Habs Prospects website
habsprospects is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2012, 01:28 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:

It has nothing to do with 4 years, he will be 20 in Junior years so not bound by the CHL-NHL agreement.

Old
03-28-2012, 01:29 PM
The Gal Pals
Breaking Hab

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsprospects View Post
We don't lose his rights if he stays in NCAA next season. Well, not until August 2013.
Sorry my bad. I pushed the panic button a yr ahead of schedule.

Old
03-28-2012, 01:29 PM
S Bah

vCash: 50
Quote:

I too feel the Habs shouldn't rush players to the NHL defencemen usually take 3-4 yrs.Kristo is probably the exception out of the College ranks,Pateryn has had four yrs. in College but will probably need a year in the AHL.Quailer should be signed he's proved himself and is ready for the pro game in Hamilton like Pateryn.Kristo will make a strong case for the NHL IMO.

S Bah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2012, 01:30 PM
habs03
Subban #Thoroughbred

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
It has nothing to do with 4 years, he will be 20 in Junior years so not bound by the CHL-NHL agreement.
Because of an early birthday right?

Hence Habs are able to send him down to the AHL which is better for development as opposed to having him spend two years in the CHL like Tinrodi.

Old
03-28-2012, 01:45 PM
Kriss E

Quote:
Tinordi will not make the team. Markov-Kaberle-PK-Gorges-Emelin-Diaz-Weber, should all be here. Emelin, PK and Diaz should re-sign here. The only possibility is that we move some of our Dmen, or there's injuries.
If we move players, like Kaberle and one of Diaz-Weber, I hope it would be to actually improve the D with a good NHL player, not Tinordi.
Let Tinordi become even stronger in the AHL, let him establish his physical presence there, and then he can be called up.

The OHL is a junior league, it really doesn't mean jack.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2012, 01:49 PM
blueinmtl

Pateryn has to work on skating, skating and skating. Mac Bennett does that at UofM for him on their pairing.

This will be his make-or-break point for going to the top. He has the edge, the size, decent awareness in his end (though am curious to see him adjust to everyone being his size and a lot faster). I love that he signed with us and is willing to go as far as he can though. ECHL for half a season would not be out of the question at all for him.

Here's hoping to more Wolverines with us! Trouba...

blueinmtl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2012, 01:49 PM
White Spy
Spy vs Blades

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsprospects View Post
Why's that? Did he not play for the US National U18 team the year we drafted him and then play in the USHL? Meaning we'd have to sign him by June 1st?

Old
03-28-2012, 01:50 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by habs03 View Post
Because of an early birthday right?

Hence Habs are able to send him down to the AHL which is better for development as opposed to having him spend two years in the CHL like Tinrodi.
Late birthday. Guys born after September 15th get drafted after their 18 year old junior season, so most turn pro after only one more year in junior...like Beaulieu Weber etc

Old
03-28-2012, 01:53 PM
blueinmtl

Don't know about Chiasson but Kristo has been fantastic at North Dakota, a real livewire and all over the ice. Very dynamic player on attack.

blueinmtl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2012, 01:54 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 50
Easily one of Gauthier's best moves this season. Gotta give him credit.

Concerning Pateryn, hopefully he can overcome being a Leafs draft pick.

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2012, 02:05 PM
WeThreeKings

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
If signing a prospect is Gauthier's best move..

Well, that's probably true..

Shows how awful he is.

WeThreeKings is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2012, 02:15 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
This year yes but next year we have room to sign 23 more players(including 10 NHL RFA's). I think now is the ime to sign Quailer.