HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The History of Hockey
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The History of Hockey Relive great moments in hockey history and discuss how the game has changed over time.

Who Broke Your Heart??

Closed Thread

Old
02-19-2006, 10:01 AM
The New Originals

vCash: 500
Trading Leetch away. My favorite player was taken from me.

Trading Mike York for Tom Poti. And to top that off, York is now on the Islanders, the one team I wished with all might he wouldn't be on. Good player and he has a bright future.

Graves leaving NY

Messier leaving NY for Vancouver pissed me off.

I'm sure if I was alive back then, I would've been heartbroken over Giacomin, Ratelle, and Park being let go too.

Old
02-19-2006, 10:19 AM
MightyPleky*

Send a message via MSN to MightyPleky*
CuJo.
What a warrior.
What a winner.

I was ... .. wo.. when .. he leavee the Leafs

My favourite goaltender and maybe player all-time, I LOVE YOU CURTIS, MARRY ME

Old
02-20-2006, 11:37 AM
habs_24x

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpAckTool
I'm somewhat in the same boat you are...but I'm on the opposite side of the spectrum. I was devastated when Pierre Turgeon was traded to the Canadiens for Muller. It was like, 1994, and I idolized Pierre growing up. It was the beginning of the end for the Islanders, cuz everything surrounding the team collapsed after the Turgeon trade. The fisherman jersey disaster began that next season, the salary dumps, the losing records, the very messy ownership squabbles, etc, etc. And it adds salt to the wounds with how Muller was treated by/had treated the Islanders. It was just a disaster.

The Turgeon/Muller trade ranks as one of, if not the worst trade in Islanders history. And there are not many Islander fans that got over the loss of Turgeon. For me especially, it was extremely difficult.
If its any consolation, the Canadiens traded Turgeon for Shayne Corson... THATS RIGHT!!! YOU READ CORRECTLY!!! SHAYNE ********** CORSON!!!
now that hurt...

Old
02-21-2006, 12:28 PM
Stealth JD
Drexel's dead!!!

Biggest heart-break as a hockey fan:

1996 Western Conference Semi-Finals: Game 7 St. Louis vs. Detroit

Steve "Effing" Yzerman in double overtime laces a slapper over the shoulder of backup goalie, Jon Casey, just under the crossbar....to advance to the WCF.

Casey had been playing out of his mind, replacing the injured Grant Fuhr...(who was hurt on another heart breaking play by Nick Kyprios, earlier in the playoff season.)

This was the year that Gretzky was acquired by the Blues for the PO run.....and if the Blues could have somehow gotten a goal in Game 7 vs. Detroit.........

Blues fans everywhere felt their hearts ripped out by Stevie Y on that night.....and to this day it is my most disappointing moment as a hockey fan.

Closed Thread