HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Neverending Toughness Thread: Desharnais endorses White / Staubitz

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-25-2012, 03:35 AM
  #126
Kimota
Nation of Poutine
 
Kimota's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: La Vieille Capitale
Country: France
Posts: 21,774
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHill Seeker View Post

Funny seeing a magor wuss like Labbé writing this.

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2012, 03:40 AM
  #127
Kimota
Nation of Poutine
 
Kimota's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: La Vieille Capitale
Country: France
Posts: 21,774
vCash: 500
Something I would like to see though would be the Habs start instigating stuff, intimidate. So far they only defend. It's not in RC's DNA to do this and the next coach would have to have that frame of mind to make things happen. Look at the game in Philly, we really needed that spark but RC would never let the dogs loose. The other game Maclane wasn't afraid to use that tactic against the Habs. It didn't work because it was a weird game and it was too little to late but the guy tried stuff. Because you have to have that tool.

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2012, 08:03 AM
  #128
Mynameismark*
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 847
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LongLiveTheKing View Post
4th line of Schultz-White-Staubitz. Eeeeshhhh
Exactly what a 4th line should be!!

Not Darche-Nokie-Weber.

Mynameismark* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2012, 08:44 AM
  #129
Mr. Hab
Registered User
 
Mr. Hab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,001
vCash: 500
All I know is this...

Moen, White, and Staubitz better be here next season.

Or I'm going to ****ing flip out.


Moen...82 games.
White...70 to 82 games.
Staubitz...50-60 games or more (depending on who we're playing)

Mr. Hab is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2012, 09:25 AM
  #130
firewagon77*
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 82
vCash: 500
Montreal does not need staubitz he is a middleweight who couldn't score at any level junior,ahl or nhl they need heavyweights to take on boston like brandon mashinter way better player than staubitz and better fighter 6 foot 4 230 pounds and free agent like J.F. jacques 6 foot 4 scores 20 goals per year in ahl way better fighter than staubitz if you don't believe me check out their fights on youtube and ian schultz from the bulldogs also deserves a shot.

firewagon77* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2012, 11:25 AM
  #131
habitue*
 
habitue*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,252
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeypuck191 View Post
Montreal does not need staubitz he is a middleweight who couldn't score at any level junior,ahl or nhl they need heavyweights to take on boston like brandon mashinter way better player than staubitz and better fighter 6 foot 4 230 pounds and free agent like J.F. jacques 6 foot 4 scores 20 goals per year in ahl way better fighter than staubitz if you don't believe me check out their fights on youtube and ian schultz from the bulldogs also deserves a shot.
Maybe...But he doesn't show it often !

habitue* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2012, 10:18 PM
  #132
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 30,445
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeypuck191 View Post
Montreal does not need staubitz he is a middleweight who couldn't score at any level junior,ahl or nhl they need heavyweights to take on boston like brandon mashinter way better player than staubitz and better fighter 6 foot 4 230 pounds and free agent like J.F. jacques 6 foot 4 scores 20 goals per year in ahl way better fighter than staubitz if you don't believe me check out their fights on youtube and ian schultz from the bulldogs also deserves a shot.
If Jacques was willing to go with the "big boys" he still be in the NHL.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2012, 05:26 PM
  #133
Habsterix*
@Habsterix
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,475
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHill Seeker View Post
more love for white and staubitz from coach and cole

http://www.montrealgazette.com/sport...032/story.html
Players don't know anything and they're lying. Ask Mathman...

Habsterix* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2012, 05:50 PM
  #134
MathMan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 17,004
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsterix View Post
Players don't know anything and they're lying. Ask Mathman...
Well I'm sure Randy genuinely appreciates them. Problem is, he's a terrible coach. A large part of why: he overplays players like this instead of players who are actually better at hockey.

(That said, White isn't terrible, unlike Staubitz.)

MathMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2012, 07:23 PM
  #135
Habs13
Registered User
 
Habs13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Montreal
Country: England
Posts: 5,237
vCash: 500
Have either of White or Blunden dropped the gloves since Staubitz arrived? I think White did once against Neil... did he besides that?

Habs13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2012, 08:08 PM
  #136
Coach Brisebois*
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 1,146
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeypuck191 View Post
Montreal does not need staubitz he is a middleweight who couldn't score at any level junior,ahl or nhl they need heavyweights to take on boston like brandon mashinter way better player than staubitz and better fighter 6 foot 4 230 pounds and free agent like J.F. jacques 6 foot 4 scores 20 goals per year in ahl way better fighter than staubitz if you don't believe me check out their fights on youtube and ian schultz from the bulldogs also deserves a shot.
in junior he was a d

Coach Brisebois* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2012, 08:08 PM
  #137
Beendair Donedat
Registered User
 
Beendair Donedat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 1,678
vCash: 500
White has 6 fights since he came back, the same total as Staubitz, to lead the team in fighting majors.

Beendair Donedat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2012, 09:52 PM
  #138
Aurel Joliat
Registered User
 
Aurel Joliat's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Ottawa, ON, CA
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,609
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs13 View Post
Have either of White or Blunden dropped the gloves since Staubitz arrived? I think White did once against Neil... did he besides that?
Blunden has only 1 fight this year...
But White already has 7 fights since his come back, and 5 since Staubitz is here

Aurel Joliat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2012, 08:39 AM
  #139
Hugo Sham
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Montreal
Posts: 10,113
vCash: 500
http://www.cyberpresse.ca/sports/hoc...us-robuste.php

Hugo Sham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2012, 09:13 AM
  #140
MathMan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 17,004
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHill Seeker;46853649[url
http://www.cyberpresse.ca/sports/hockey/201203/27/01-4509702-pour-un-canadien-plus-robuste.php[/url]
The Habs are 5-5-4 since Staubitz was added!

Thing is, they were 2-3-0 with Staubitz before Markov showed up and 3-2-4 since.

If you're gonna go ahead and draw conclusions from small samples... seems to me Markov might be a tad more impactful than Staubitz.

MathMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2012, 09:35 AM
  #141
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 30,445
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MathMan View Post
The Habs are 5-5-4 since Staubitz was added!

Thing is, they were 2-3-0 with Staubitz before Markov showed up and 3-2-4 since.

If you're gonna go ahead and draw conclusions from small samples... seems to me Markov might be a tad more impactful than Staubitz.
Winning record or not, I find that with both White and Staubitz, the 4th line is completely different and the team as a whole seems to be more "team tough".

Speaking of Markov, was it just me or did he look wayyy better defensively last night? He seems to be reacting much quicker and not getting caught flat footed like the first couple games. I know it's still a work in progress but great to have him back there. If we can have him for 75 games the next 2 years that in itself is like adding a "lottery pick" calibre player.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2012, 10:00 AM
  #142
MathMan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 17,004
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
Winning record or not, I find that with both White and Staubitz, the 4th line is completely different and the team as a whole seems to be more "team tough".
Yeah, it's just too bad about the whole "hockey" thing, but who cares about that.

Seriously, if your team is built in such a way that the fourth line is an significant part of how you perform and your team isn't of the caliber of Team Canada, it's probably a sign that your coach is seriously overvaluing and overplaying his fourth line. However, hockey commentary being what it is, it's not unusual at all for fourth-liners' work to be given entirely more credit than their impact warrants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
Speaking of Markov, was it just me or did he look wayyy better defensively last night? He seems to be reacting much quicker and not getting caught flat footed like the first couple games.
Timing is still way off, but he'll get there. The brains and the passing are intact.

MathMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2012, 01:45 PM
  #143
habitue*
 
habitue*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,252
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MathMan View Post
Yeah, it's just too bad about the whole "hockey" thing, but who cares about that.

Seriously, if your team is built in such a way that the fourth line is an significant part of how you perform and your team isn't of the caliber of Team Canada, it's probably a sign that your coach is seriously overvaluing and overplaying his fourth line. However, hockey commentary being what it is, it's not unusual at all for fourth-liners' work to be given entirely more credit than their impact warrants.



Timing is still way off, but he'll get there. The brains and the passing are intact.
He will look great next month playing for Russia at the World Championship, don't worry.

habitue* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2012, 01:54 PM
  #144
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 30,445
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MathMan View Post
Yeah, it's just too bad about the whole "hockey" thing, but who cares about that.

Seriously, if your team is built in such a way that the fourth line is an significant part of how you perform and your team isn't of the caliber of Team Canada, it's probably a sign that your coach is seriously overvaluing and overplaying his fourth line. However, hockey commentary being what it is, it's not unusual at all for fourth-liners' work to be given entirely more credit than their impact warrants.



Timing is still way off, but he'll get there. The brains and the passing are intact.
I think a lot of the pieces are in place to bounce back big time. We still need a skill winger to play with Plekanec and Gionta and a stay at home d-man for the top 4. Gionta returns with his 25+/- goals should help scoring depth along with Eller's development. Markov's continued recovery could help 5 on 5 and on the PP.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2012, 02:45 PM
  #145
firewagon77*
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 82
vCash: 500
brandon mashinter playing for worcester sharks is way better and tougher than staubitz and jf jacques has already beaten up staubitz twice,and there are alot of ufa's on july 1st like 3rd line toughness like prust,tootoo and the veteran asham.

firewagon77* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2012, 02:46 PM
  #146
firewagon77*
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 82
vCash: 500
montreal needs to make big impact moves if the new gm is going to bring back 90% of gainey gauthier players then why even change the buffoon gm.

firewagon77* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2012, 02:48 PM
  #147
firewagon77*
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 82
vCash: 500
montreal needs to trade for zajac 6 foot 2 right handed center great on faceoffs in lasy year of contract next year and try to go after alex burrows in last year of contract.

firewagon77* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2012, 02:51 PM
  #148
firewagon77*
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 82
vCash: 500
montreal should try and sign proven 40 goal scorer like ufa semin 6 foot 2 and 210lbs and right handed shot,they should also sign devid perron rfa on july 1st to offersheet same contract grabovski got 5 years 27 million compensation would be 1st,2nd and 3rd round pick impact moves if you want to eventually win the stanley cup.

firewagon77* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2012, 03:01 PM
  #149
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 30,445
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeypuck191 View Post
brandon mashinter playing for worcester sharks is way better and tougher than staubitz and jf jacques has already beaten up staubitz twice,and there are alot of ufa's on july 1st like 3rd line toughness like prust,tootoo and the veteran asham.
Being tougher is not always about the best fighters. Just about every NHL enforcer is a better fighter than Thornton but he is good because he can still play and not take dumb penalities and will do whatever it takes to protect teammates. Maybe there are better options tahn Staubitz, but Jacques isn't one of them.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2012, 03:03 PM
  #150
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 30,445
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeypuck191 View Post
montreal should try and sign proven 40 goal scorer like ufa semin 6 foot 2 and 210lbs and right handed shot,they should also sign devid perron rfa on july 1st to offersheet same contract grabovski got 5 years 27 million compensation would be 1st,2nd and 3rd round pick impact moves if you want to eventually win the stanley cup.
Perron isn't worth an offer sheet. Not a bad player but a soft, preimiter player with concussion issues...pass.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:48 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.