HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Notices

Fans in The Stands - Battle of Ontario

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-28-2012, 03:01 PM
  #76
Buck Aki Berg
My pockets hurt
 
Buck Aki Berg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Ottawa, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,310
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohhh Franco View Post
You can get a package for as low as $15 a game. I believe we are in the top two cheapest NHL tickets in Canada....if not the cheapest.

Enough with the excuses!
Well its good that you have (as little as) $750 sitting in your bank account that you don't have a particular use for, but don't assume that your finances are the same as everyone else's.

If you want to start signing my paychecks, you can tell me how to spend my money. But as long as I'm earning it (he says from via his computer at work...), the decision is mine.

Buck Aki Berg is offline  
Old
03-28-2012, 03:06 PM
  #77
Ohhh Franco
Registered User
 
Ohhh Franco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,185
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck Aki Berg View Post
Well its good that you have (as little as) $750 sitting in your bank account that you don't have a particular use for, but don't assume that your finances are the same as everyone else's.

If you want to start signing my paychecks, you can tell me how to spend my money. But as long as I'm earning it (he says from via his computer at work...), the decision is mine.
Ok, fair enough, but you obviously care quite a bit - you have well over 9,000 posts on here. Caring = spending money. Thats the reality.

But I can see it now...Im going to be ripped for that comment.

Ohhh Franco is offline  
Old
03-28-2012, 03:06 PM
  #78
BonkTastic
"Small Sample Size!"
 
BonkTastic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Bogor, IDN
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,588
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohhh Franco View Post
Too many old people. Too many young people. Too many corp tickets. Not enough corp tickets. Geez...it never ends around here.

You can get a package for as low as $15 a game. I believe we are in the top two cheapest NHL tickets in Canada....if not the cheapest.

Enough with the excuses!
Wait, where did this come from? I thought we were talking about the Leafs! Anything else you want to whine about? The beer is too expensive? The city has too many cyclists? The weather sucks?

If anything, all you're doing is convincing me of two things:
1) you clearly don't have kids.
2) you have almost no ability (or desire, honestly) to grasp, despite some considerable effort, cause-and-effect relationships, nor even acknowledge the views of others.

The first point is just an observation, but the 2nd pretty much ensures that debating you on any issue is like debating a parrot on the values of a varied diet: the conversation starts with "Want a cracker", and unfortunately, despite a herculean effort, is fated to end with "wants a cracker".

I'm not wasting my time with this anymore... in fact, I'm "Walking Away"! Hopefully you can enjoy the rich irony of the situation.

Enjoy berating others, it seems to be your best quality. Makes for good times. I had a blast.

BonkTastic is offline  
Old
03-28-2012, 03:09 PM
  #79
saskriders
ColinGreening's#1fan
 
saskriders's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Calgary/Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,489
vCash: 1322
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohhh Franco View Post
Ok, fair enough, but you obviously care quite a bit - you have well over 9,000 posts on here. Caring = spending money. Thats the reality.

But I can see it now...Im going to be ripped for that comment.
Some people (fortunately not me, but that doesn't mean I can't recognize other people aren't as lucky as me) can't afford to spend money on a bunch of hockey tickets after paying for food, electricity, shelter etc. And there are a lot of other things that have to happen before you can start buying tickets

saskriders is offline  
Old
03-28-2012, 03:12 PM
  #80
PatrickEaves
Moderator
Karan S'Jet
 
PatrickEaves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,624
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohhh Franco View Post
Too many old people. Too many young people. Too many corp tickets. Not enough corp tickets. Geez...it never ends around here.

You can get a package for as low as $15 a game. I believe we are in the top two cheapest NHL tickets in Canada....if not the cheapest.

Enough with the excuses!
I live about 35+ hours by car away from SBP. Is that a valid excuse for not buying tickets?

__________________
No, I'm not a girl. Stop asking!
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBlQ4ybRWH8
PatrickEaves is offline  
Old
03-28-2012, 03:12 PM
  #81
Ohhh Franco
Registered User
 
Ohhh Franco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,185
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by saskriders View Post
Some people (fortunately not me, but that doesn't mean I can't recognize other people aren't as lucky as me) can't afford to spend money on a bunch of hockey tickets after paying for food, electricity, shelter etc. And there are a lot of other things that have to happen before you can start buying tickets
I understand that. The organization has made a huge chunk of tickets available at the best prices for NHL hockey in Canada. So dont use the fact that people cant afford to go or afford to buy in. Its whether or not they choose to. Same as whether or not they choose to endure a Leafs game.

Ohhh Franco is offline  
Old
03-28-2012, 03:16 PM
  #82
Ohhh Franco
Registered User
 
Ohhh Franco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,185
vCash: 500
Oh looks at this:

https://twitter.com/#!/redscarfunion...057985/photo/1

What great timing!

Ohhh Franco is offline  
Old
03-28-2012, 03:16 PM
  #83
RelytRobot
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 19
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohhh Franco View Post
Ok, fair enough, but you obviously care quite a bit - you have well over 9,000 posts on here. Caring = spending money. Thats the reality.

But I can see it now...Im going to be ripped for that comment.
Caring means spending money? So all the young kids that don't have a job but still love their team cares less than anyone else? That's a terrible attitude to have.

I live in southern Alberta and I have no chance of seeing the Sens play unless it's against the Flames and you're telling me I care less than some guy who has bought a couple tickets because he had nothing else to do that night while in Ottawa. Caring means spending money? That's a joke.

Hey let's all get drunk and firebomb the ACC. That proves we care THE MOST right?

RelytRobot is offline  
Old
03-28-2012, 03:19 PM
  #84
Ohhh Franco
Registered User
 
Ohhh Franco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,185
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RelytRobot View Post
Caring means spending money? So all the young kids that don't have a job but still love their team cares less than anyone else? That's a terrible attitude to have.

I live in southern Alberta and I have no chance of seeing the Sens play unless it's against the Flames and you're telling me I care less than some guy who has bought a couple tickets because he had nothing else to do that night while in Ottawa. Caring means spending money? That's a joke.

Hey let's all get drunk and firebomb the ACC. That proves we care THE MOST right?
Ok, lets all care from the comfort of our living rooms! Screw spending money on merchandise and collectibles and all those other revenue generating ventures the organization puts forward.

Yes, caring = spending money.

Ohhh Franco is offline  
Old
03-28-2012, 03:25 PM
  #85
BonkTastic
"Small Sample Size!"
 
BonkTastic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Bogor, IDN
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,588
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohhh Franco View Post
Ok, lets all care from the comfort of our living rooms! Screw spending money on merchandise and collectibles and all those other revenue generating ventures the organization puts forward.

Yes, caring = spending money.
You know, you really need to get your own priorities in check before worrying about what other people think about a hockey team.

Now I'm just sad for you. I apologize for my previous post, I didn't know it was this bad. Hope you get it all figured out eventually. You have my best wishes in mind.

BonkTastic is offline  
Old
03-28-2012, 03:25 PM
  #86
saskriders
ColinGreening's#1fan
 
saskriders's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Calgary/Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,489
vCash: 1322
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohhh Franco View Post
I understand that. The organization has made a huge chunk of tickets available at the best prices for NHL hockey in Canada. So dont use the fact that people cant afford to go or afford to buy in. Its whether or not they choose to. Same as whether or not they choose to endure a Leafs game.
According to the government of Ontario, the minimum wage is $8.90 (http://www.labour.gov.on.ca/english/...de/minwage.php)
If you work that job full time, that's $356 a week. That's $18512 a year. Now let's say you don't have a family, and you buy cheap food, and eat leftovers as much as possible. That's probably $50 a week, that's $15912. Now let's take rent into consideration. That's $600 a month, so now you have $8712. Once you add utilities, transport costs, clothing, phone bills, and any expenses on kids you might have, where are you going to get that money from?

saskriders is offline  
Old
03-28-2012, 03:28 PM
  #87
Ohhh Franco
Registered User
 
Ohhh Franco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,185
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sensjersey11 View Post
You know, you really need to get your own priorities in check before worrying about what other people think about a hockey team.

Now I'm just sad for you. I apologize for my previous post, I didn't know it was this bad. Hope you get it all figured out eventually. You have my best wishes in mind.
Sad for me? Really? Why? Because Im a realist? I understand that this organization isnt a charity.

Ohhh Franco is offline  
Old
03-28-2012, 03:30 PM
  #88
BonkTastic
"Small Sample Size!"
 
BonkTastic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Bogor, IDN
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,588
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohhh Franco View Post
Sad for me? Really? Why? Because Im a realist? I understand that this organization isnt a charity.
It's ok, Franco. We're good. It's not your fault.


BonkTastic is offline  
Old
03-28-2012, 03:31 PM
  #89
Ohhh Franco
Registered User
 
Ohhh Franco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,185
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by saskriders View Post
According to the government of Ontario, the minimum wage is $8.90 (http://www.labour.gov.on.ca/english/...de/minwage.php)
If you work that job full time, that's $356 a week. That's $18512 a year. Now let's say you don't have a family, and you buy cheap food, and eat leftovers as much as possible. That's probably $50 a week, that's $15912. Now let's take rent into consideration. That's $600 a month, so now you have $8712. Once you add utilities, transport costs, clothing, phone bills, and any expenses on kids you might have, where are you going to get that money from?
Oh my...thats just sad. Cant believe you went that route.

My goal isnt to make minimum wage. My goal is to make as much money as possible so I can enjoy life and make the best of it - and that includes supporting my local team. You get what you put in. Welcome to North America!

Ohhh Franco is offline  
Old
03-28-2012, 03:32 PM
  #90
saskriders
ColinGreening's#1fan
 
saskriders's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Calgary/Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,489
vCash: 1322
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohhh Franco View Post
Oh my...thats just sad. Cant believe you went that route.

My goal isnt to make minimum wage. My goal is to make as much money as possible so I can enjoy life and make the best of it - and that includes supporting my local team.
You know what, some people do make minimum wage. You should be very thankful you aren't one of those people

saskriders is offline  
Old
03-28-2012, 03:36 PM
  #91
Ohhh Franco
Registered User
 
Ohhh Franco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,185
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by saskriders View Post
You know what, some people do make minimum wage. You should be very thankful you aren't one of those people
Lots of people in this town make huge salaries, with benefits, with pensions and with rock solid security.

Ohhh Franco is offline  
Old
03-28-2012, 03:36 PM
  #92
ChocolateLeclaire
Registered User
 
ChocolateLeclaire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Ottawa, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,677
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohhh Franco View Post
Sad for me? Really? Why? Because Im a realist? I understand that this organization isnt a charity.
I think a majority of people here feel sad for you because you seem to place yourself on a pedestal as the "Ultimate Sens Fan" because you choose to spend money on supporting the team (which is fine) but then choose to pre-judge every other Sens fan in the Ottawa market (and some outside this city) spend their money in a completely asinine attempt to feel superior.

Newsflash: You're not a better fan than ANYONE because you spend your money buying up tickets. There is no quantitative "Fan Meter" to mark yourself up against others so stop asserting your opinion onto others.

Fact: Despite being situated between two of the largest markets and storied franchises in the NHL with over 180 years of history between them, the Ottawa Senators have managed to carve out a relatively healthy fanbase in TWENTY YEARS.

You do know that Leaf fans take over Sabre games too right? Do you see Sabre fans minging about it ALL THE TIME? No, they accept the reality that being 1.5 hours away allows idiots in Toronto to flock over the border and they deal with it for 3 games knowing that their franchise is far less of a joke than theirs.

ChocolateLeclaire is online now  
Old
03-28-2012, 03:39 PM
  #93
saskriders
ColinGreening's#1fan
 
saskriders's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Calgary/Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,489
vCash: 1322
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohhh Franco View Post
Lots of people in this town make huge salaries, with benefits, with pensions and with rock solid security.
Yes, but a lot don't.

saskriders is offline  
Old
03-28-2012, 03:42 PM
  #94
Ohhh Franco
Registered User
 
Ohhh Franco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,185
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocolateLeclaire View Post
I think a majority of people here feel sad for you because you seem to place yourself on a pedestal as the "Ultimate Sens Fan" because you choose to spend money on supporting the team (which is fine) but then choose to pre-judge every other Sens fan in the Ottawa market (and some outside this city) spend their money in a completely asinine attempt to feel superior.

Newsflash: You're not a better fan than ANYONE because you spend your money buying up tickets. There is no quantitative "Fan Meter" to mark yourself up against others so stop asserting your opinion onto others.

Fact: Despite being situated between two of the largest markets and storied franchises in the NHL with over 180 years of history between them, the Ottawa Senators have managed to carve out a relatively healthy fanbase in TWENTY YEARS.

You do know that Leaf fans take over Sabre games too right? Do you see Sabre fans minging about it ALL THE TIME? No, they accept the reality that being 1.5 hours away allows idiots in Toronto to flock over the border and they deal with it for 3 games knowing that their franchise is far less of a joke than theirs.
I never placed myself on a pedestal.

And yes, because I support the team financially, I am considered a better fan. Heck, the Sens organization even says so. Thats why I get VIP benefits, better pricing and other added events and bonuses throughout the season. I also take pride in my city and team and dont run away when Leafs and Habs fans show up. I grin and bare it. I try to encourage others to do the same. I never said you have to fight everyone and spend every single dollar you have on this team. My points have been that you have to show up to the rink regardless who the opposition is, and yes, you have to support this team financially...otherwise...well...ask Mr. Bryden.

Ohhh Franco is offline  
Old
03-28-2012, 03:48 PM
  #95
Ohhh Franco
Registered User
 
Ohhh Franco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,185
vCash: 500
Oh wait, cue the Canadian Dollar exchange rate argument for the reason Bryden couldnt survive. Yes, that was a major factor. But if the rink was 100% sold out every night.............

Ohhh Franco is offline  
Old
03-28-2012, 03:53 PM
  #96
Ohhh Franco
Registered User
 
Ohhh Franco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,185
vCash: 500
If so many people criticize the players for not showing up for those rough and tough games...rip on players for being "no shows" or having no heart, why cant we do the same with regards to the fans?

Isnt that fair?

Ohhh Franco is offline  
Old
03-28-2012, 03:54 PM
  #97
ChocolateLeclaire
Registered User
 
ChocolateLeclaire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Ottawa, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,677
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohhh Franco View Post
I never placed myself on a pedestal.

And yes, because I support the team financially, I am considered a better fan. Heck, the Sens organization even says so. Thats why I get VIP benefits, better pricing and other added events and bonuses throughout the season. I also take pride in my city and team and dont run away when Leafs and Habs fans show up. I grin and bare it. I try to encourage others to do the same. I never said you have to fight everyone and spend every single dollar you have on this team. My points have been that you have to show up to the rink regardless who the opposition is, and yes, you have to support this team financially...otherwise...well...ask Mr. Bryden.
You get VIP packages because THEY WANT YOU TO CONTINUE TO BE A SEASON TICKET HOLDER. That doesn't make you "a better fan".

And why are you bringing up attendance and support? The Senators are SIXTH overall for average attendance in the NHL. The fans of this city support this team just fine, thank you.

ChocolateLeclaire is online now  
Old
03-28-2012, 03:54 PM
  #98
JoeSakic
Registered User
 
JoeSakic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 2,199
vCash: 500
One thing to keep in mind Franco, many STH are approached to offer up tickets for charities/silent auctions/etc. and choose to give away Leaf tickets, not because of the Leaf fans, but because those tickets always bring back the highest dollars for the charities.

At the end of the day, people have to make choices with how to spend their disposable incomes. You choose the Senators and good for you for that choice - you get benefits from them. Great. Others choose to spend their disposable income on competitive dance for their daughters and competitive hockey for their sons. Some elect to pay down mortgages and build up RESPs for their children. Those choices don't make them any less of a fan. They've simply prioritized family or future financial comfort over the Senators...quite frankly I do the same.

JoeSakic is offline  
Old
03-28-2012, 03:57 PM
  #99
BonkTastic
"Small Sample Size!"
 
BonkTastic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Bogor, IDN
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,588
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeSakic View Post
One thing to keep in mind Franco, many STH are approached to offer up tickets for charities/silent auctions/etc. and choose to give away Leaf tickets, not because of the Leaf fans, but because those tickets always bring back the highest dollars for the charities.

At the end of the day, people have to make choices with how to spend their disposable incomes. You choose the Senators and good for you for that choice - you get benefits from them. Great. Others choose to spend their disposable income on competitive dance for their daughters and competitive hockey for their sons. Some elect to pay down mortgages and build up RESPs for their children. Those choices don't make them any less of a fan. They've simply prioritized family or future financial comfort over the Senators...quite frankly I do the same.
No, you're wrong, because Franco said so.

Trust me. He'll tell you so himself. He's good at that.


BonkTastic is offline  
Old
03-28-2012, 03:59 PM
  #100
ChocolateLeclaire
Registered User
 
ChocolateLeclaire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Ottawa, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,677
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeSakic View Post
One thing to keep in mind Franco, many STH are approached to offer up tickets for charities/silent auctions/etc. and choose to give away Leaf tickets, not because of the Leaf fans, but because those tickets always bring back the highest dollars for the charities.

At the end of the day, people have to make choices with how to spend their disposable incomes. You choose the Senators and good for you for that choice - you get benefits from them. Great. Others choose to spend their disposable income on competitive dance for their daughters and competitive hockey for their sons. Some elect to pay down mortgages and build up RESPs for their children. Those choices don't make them any less of a fan. They've simply prioritized family or future financial comfort over the Senators...quite frankly I do the same.
You're wasting your breath. Oh Franco is the greatest fan in the history of the Senators and the organization will not only give him VIP benefits but will erect a bronze statue of him looking down upon us as we enter the SBP as a constant reminder that we will never be as good a fan as he is.

ChocolateLeclaire is online now  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:25 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.