HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Alfie Nation

Old
03-27-2012, 08:45 PM
GK
Not Jeeks

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Batali Crocs View Post
6 years? Try the last two months buddy. When Chicago played at SBP. I got dirty looks from a few people in front of me for trying to start a go sens go chant. I can only remember 2 times (out of the 6 times I've been to SBP) that I wasn't told to be quiet.
You're hardcore then.

I went with a hockey team in January and we were so loud and no one cared. Most people got into it with us.

GK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2012, 08:48 PM
sensfan2415
Rookie User

Quote:
6 years? Try the last two months buddy. When Chicago played at SBP. I got dirty looks from a few people in front of me for trying to start a go sens go chant. I can only remember 2 times (out of the 6 times I've been to SBP) that I wasn't told to be quiet.

It's funny because I was also at that game and from what I remember, people who were starting chant wasn't being looked at. Although, I have to say it was pretty quiet...

And I'm there on April 5th! I'm in and doing some promo on twitter!

sensfan2415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2012, 08:54 PM
LadyM
I ain't even mad

I really like this idea, I'll be at the Carolina game...I just don't think we'd be able to pull off the countdown. I think it would be much more realistic for us to just cheer at the 11:11 mark & chant Alfie or one more year.

Either way, great idea & I'm totally in. And it seems to be spreading on twitter which is nice to see as well

LadyM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2012, 09:02 PM
GK
Not Jeeks

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyM View Post
I really like this idea, I'll be at the Carolina game...I just don't think we'd be able to pull off the countdown. I think it would be much more realistic for us to just cheer at the 11:11 mark & chant Alfie or one more year.

Either way, great idea & I'm totally in. And it seems to be spreading on twitter which is nice to see as well
It really is. People have been tweeting me nonstop for the past hour saying that they're in. Ian Mendes hasn't said anything about it, and I know a few people including myself have tweeted him.

Old
03-27-2012, 09:04 PM
True Believer

Quote:
I went to the Chicago game hammered and was chanting all night. Top of the 300s in the corners bud. Come be with your own kind. LOL. Your original complaint was about ushers though, are you now saying that Sens fans were giving you looks? People in Ottawa are too self concious. It also doesn't help that they keep SBP lit up like a christmas tree though.

I've noticed it's getting better as we get closer to the playoffs. Come playoff time I'm sure SBP will be going nuts.

True Believer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2012, 09:11 PM
2Cowen

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Believer View Post
I went to the Chicago game hammered and was chanting all night. Top of the 300s in the corners bud. Come be with your own kind. LOL. Your original complaint was about ushers though, are you now saying that Sens fans were giving you looks? People in Ottawa are too self concious. It also doesn't help that they keep SBP lit up like a christmas tree though.

I've noticed it's getting better as we get closer to the playoffs. Come playoff time I'm sure SBP will be going nuts.
The 300's vibrate come playoff time. I was at the game vs Pittsburgh and the atmosphere was ok. Lots of Penguin fans though. Didn't get stared at for being loud though however I did hear some people say that it was TOO loud during the game

If I were to choose a place in the arena to be in it would definitely be the 300's. I haven't even noticed RSU at the game's this year at all either.

2Cowen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2012, 09:28 PM
Batali Crocs*

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Believer View Post
Very true about that. The Pens game in the playoffs I went to a couple years ago was very loud.

Batali Crocs* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2012, 11:22 PM
Marty9

This is great, thanks for all the positive feedback.

Yes Nordiques Nation already did this at SBP but it was awesome! The countdown gets the crowd ready for the cheer and chant.

I don't think it'll take too many attempts to get it going. Counting down for 10 seconds kind of preps everyone for what's about to happen. In the second period more people will be on board and the 3rd period will have even more.

So, there are a few things we need to decide:

When do we start the 10 second countdown?
- I proposed starting the countdown at the 11:10 mark and finishing at 11 minutes because I thought it was an easier number to work with.
- But I also think that the suggestion by AlfieDavidThoreau of starting the 10 second countdown at 11:21 and finishing at 11:11 is a great idea too.

What do we do at the end of the countdown?

- I suggested the loud cheer followed by our Alfie chant.
- Capital O TEETEE 613 suggested “Praise Alfie” followed by “one more year”.

And as mentioned by True Believer, whichever phrase we decide to go with we should also do it after Alfie scores.

We'll have a good idea on Thursday of what we want to do. Once we decide the above then let’s get the news out there. Thanks to everyone who tweeted and sent messages to our bloggers!

Marty9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2012, 11:24 PM
saskriders
ColinGreening's#1fan

I suggest cheer Alfie Alfie Alfie at 11:11

saskriders is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2012, 11:26 PM
HankHillC3H8

I think the countdown starting at 11:10 and then an 'Alfie Alfie Alfie' chant similar to this one would be simple and effective.

HankHillC3H8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2012, 02:17 AM
SensAreReligion
GT- CxC Senator

This is soooo awesome! Wow and this was started by one guys idea on HF.. Crazy!

SensAreReligion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2012, 02:59 AM
shootingrubber

This would be awesome if it actually could happen. If you could get Mendes to retweet you that would be huge as well. Totally in for this idea.

shootingrubber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2012, 06:30 AM
SensChirp

Kudos to the original poster for a good idea.

I have been pushing it on Twitter and the response seems to be favourable. Have tweeted at the Team 1200 and also sent an email to a contact in the Sens organization.

Important to have a consensus as to what the timing and chant should be. My belief is that it would be best to keep it simple.

I will continue to monitor this thread and pass along any updates I receive. Go Sens (ALFIE) Go!

SensChirp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2012, 07:14 AM
Rocket Richard
Proud Canadian!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpostrophe View Post
Good luck getting a rise out of the Scotia Bank Placians. I applaud the idea, but suggest that pooling donations for a full page ad in the Citizen would reach more people by far. Not joking when I say I will ante up the first 50 bucks for the cause. Opinions?
Hold up a placard at the Arena with our slogan. It'll make it on the big screen, TV and it's FREE!!!

Rocket Richard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2012, 07:42 AM
Ironman

Guys, in the interest of keeping this simple, we not make it "Alfie, Alfie, Alfie" at 11:11 for 11 seconds. I just looked at that video and got goosebumps. Let's keep it simple and it will have a better success rate.

Ironman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2012, 08:29 AM
KA BLAMO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironman View Post
Guys, in the interest of keeping this simple, we not make it "Alfie, Alfie, Alfie" at 11:11 for 11 seconds. I just looked at that video and got goosebumps. Let's keep it simple and it will have a better success rate.
"K-I-S-S. Keep it simple, stupid. Great advice. Hurts my feelings every time". - Dwight Schrute

KA BLAMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2012, 09:58 AM
White Goodman
smell that fitness?

vCash: 50
Someone tweet Dean Brown. If he manages to mention it on-air, we're good.

White Goodman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2012, 10:10 AM
ERTW
Rookie User

Church of alfie on Team 1200, ''Praise Alfie!''

ERTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2012, 02:36 PM
GK
Not Jeeks

Quote:
Originally Posted by shootingrubber View Post
This would be awesome if it actually could happen. If you could get Mendes to retweet you that would be huge as well. Totally in for this idea.
I have tweeted him a couple of times, but I don't think he wants to answer.

I have also had people retweet my tweets to Mendes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SensChirp View Post
Kudos to the original poster for a good idea.

I have been pushing it on Twitter and the response seems to be favourable. Have tweeted at the Team 1200 and also sent an email to a contact in the Sens organization.

Important to have a consensus as to what the timing and chant should be. My belief is that it would be best to keep it simple.

I will continue to monitor this thread and pass along any updates I receive. Go Sens (ALFIE) Go!

I was the one who was sending tweets to you and a couple others. Thanks for the retweet.

EDIT: Jason York retweeted me!

Old
03-28-2012, 03:21 PM
SensChirp

Just got an email back from the Sens organization and they like the idea.

They also suggested they'd be willing to share a Facebook link or retweet something on Twitter.

Sounds like the next step is to formalize the precise details of what you want fans to do and then set up a Facebook page which I (and the Sens) would be happy to promote on Twitter.

ALFIE! ALFIE! ALFIE!

SensChirp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2012, 03:28 PM
saskriders
ColinGreening's#1fan

Quote:

They also suggested they'd be willing to share a Facebook link or retweet something on Twitter.

Sounds like the next step is to formalize the precise details of what you want fans to do and then set up a Facebook page which I (and the Sens) would be happy to promote on Twitter.

ALFIE! ALFIE! ALFIE!
I say countdown at 11:21 of each period, then chant Alfie at 11:11

saskriders is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2012, 03:41 PM
Marty9

Wow another great option suggested by Ironman and Saskrider!

I like the 10 second countdown prep, so:

A 10 second countdown starting at 11:21. At 11:11 an Alfie chant for 11 seconds, then at the 11 minute mark just go frickin nuts screaming and cheering!

not exactly simple but it would be awesome!!

Marty9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2012, 03:57 PM
GoSensGo765
GO SENS GO!!

Quote:
Dirty looks? That's SO sad!! **** those people!!

GoSensGo765 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2012, 04:01 PM
GoSensGo765
GO SENS GO!!

What a great idea, love how much it is now catching on. This can be huge!
And if done right, can be done again in the playoffs.

May have to grab cheap tix to the Carolina game just to participate in this special moment. Wouldn't it be more fun to do in a more intense game against a partial rival like Boston though?

Anyway, keep the details coming in guys. Well done to everyone organizing this

GoSensGo765 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2012, 04:44 PM
GK
Not Jeeks

Quote:

ALFIE! ALFIE! ALFIE!
Awesome news.