HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Hockey Talk by Country > Hockey Talk by Country
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Hockey Talk by Country Talk about the other countries that are playing the world's greatest game!

Talent level by league

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-28-2012, 04:36 PM
  #51
bottomofthefoodchain
Registered User
 
bottomofthefoodchain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Stockholm
Country: Sweden
Posts: 4,217
vCash: 500
I don't know what to think about Ncaa. There are som really good players there (just look at Broc Little tearing up allsvenskan) but I think, without having watched any games, just a couple of highlights, that as a whole it's below average.

bottomofthefoodchain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2012, 09:03 PM
  #52
IIHFjerseycollector
Registered User
 
IIHFjerseycollector's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Phoenix , AZ
Country: North Korea
Posts: 743
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to IIHFjerseycollector
Quote:
Originally Posted by bottomofthefoodchain View Post
I don't know what to think about Ncaa. There are som really good players there (just look at Broc Little tearing up allsvenskan) but I think, without having watched any games, just a couple of highlights, that as a whole it's below average.
its definetly higher level than canadian major junior

IIHFjerseycollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2012, 08:10 AM
  #53
Zine
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 9,257
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latgale_fan View Post
1. NHL
2. KHL
3. Elitserien
4. SM Liiga
5. AHL
6. NLA
7. DEL
8. Czech
9. Allsvenskan
10. Slovak
11. VHL
12. EBEL
13. Mestis
14. Belarus
15. OHL, QMJHL, WHL
16. MHL, USHL

17. ECHL
18. France
19. Denmark
20. England
21. Italy
22. Kazakhstan
23. Norway

No way should junior leagues be that high.

Zine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2012, 04:12 PM
  #54
IIHFjerseycollector
Registered User
 
IIHFjerseycollector's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Phoenix , AZ
Country: North Korea
Posts: 743
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to IIHFjerseycollector
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zine View Post
No way should junior leagues be that high.
agree.. especially over the italian league!

IIHFjerseycollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2013, 03:45 PM
  #55
TheFatOne
Mr.Negativo
 
TheFatOne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Malmö, Sweden
Country: Sweden
Posts: 5,098
vCash: 500
bump.


NHL
KHL
SHL/ NLA / Liiga / AHL
DEL / Czech / Austria
ECHL / France / Italy / UK / Denmark / Slovakia / Norway
Holland / MOL

TheFatOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2013, 03:55 PM
  #56
Dustin Peener
01189998819991197253
 
Dustin Peener's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: I'm in THE BAR
Country: United Kingdom
Posts: 52,909
vCash: 1504
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFatOne View Post
bump.


NHL
KHL
SHL/ NLA / Liiga / AHL
DEL / Czech / Austria
Allsvenskan / VHL
ECHL / France / Italy / UK / Denmark / Slovakia / Norway / Mestis / DEL 2
Holland / MOL/ Kazakhstan
Added 2nd tier leagues and Kazakhstan to this in bold

Maybe put Kazakhstan in it's own tier above Netherlands and MOL but leave it there for now, I'd also probably bump Austria down because I don't think it's at quite the same level as DEL and Czech yet, maybe bump Slovakia up on same tier as Austria?

Dustin Peener is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2013, 04:12 PM
  #57
Sucro
Rhymesayers Fanboy
 
Sucro's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Vienna
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 541
vCash: 500
I think Belarusian Extraleague is worthy enough to be at least on MOL level as well as I guess Polish league is not that far from the Netherlandish one.
I would place Kazakhstan and British leagues on the same separate level.
Any ideas where should Asia League Ice Hockey be placed?

Sucro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2013, 04:21 PM
  #58
Dustin Peener
01189998819991197253
 
Dustin Peener's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: I'm in THE BAR
Country: United Kingdom
Posts: 52,909
vCash: 1504
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sucrologist View Post
I think Belarusian Extraleague is worthy enough to be at least on MOL level as well as I guess Polish league is not that far from the Netherlandish one.
I would place Kazakhstan and British leagues on the same separate level.
Any ideas where should Asia League Ice Hockey be placed?
British champions Nottingham Panthers will play Kazakh champions in the Continental Cup this weekend so we will see how that goes

They lost 4-3 in a close game against VHL champions Toros today

I think if you are going to move British league down, French and Italian should go with it

Dustin Peener is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2013, 04:26 PM
  #59
Ivan94
Registered User
 
Ivan94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Germany
Country: Croatia
Posts: 483
vCash: 500
NHL
KHL
SHL / NLA / AHL
Liiga / DEL / Czech
EBEL / Slovakia / VHL
Asia League / Allsvenskan / NLB / ECHL
Italy / UK / Denmark / Norway
Kazakhstan / France / DEL 2 / Czech2 / Mestis
Poland / Netherland / MOL / Belarus / Slovakia2 / INL (Austria2+Italy2+Slovenia)


Last edited by Ivan94: 11-22-2013 at 04:34 PM.
Ivan94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2013, 06:46 AM
  #60
Justinov
Registered User
 
Justinov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Copenhagen
Country: Denmark
Posts: 3,632
vCash: 500
The top Danish team at the moment SřnderjydskE managed to lose (1-2) to Dunaújvárosi Acélbikák from MOL liga in the Continental Cup......
Stavanger from the Norwegian league beat Neman Grodno (Belarus League) in OT (4-3) in the same group.

So it looks that these teams are quite equal and that MOL is being underrated.

Justinov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2013, 02:15 PM
  #61
babyshamble
Registered User
 
babyshamble's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Oslo/Bangkok
Country: Norway
Posts: 291
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justinov View Post
The top Danish team at the moment SřnderjydskE managed to lose (1-2) to Dunaújvárosi Acélbikák from MOL liga in the Continental Cup......
Stavanger from the Norwegian league beat Neman Grodno (Belarus League) in OT (4-3) in the same group.

So it looks that these teams are quite equal and that MOL is being underrated.

Stavanger beat Dunaújvárosi 9-1 in todays game. Sřnderjyske - Neman Grodno is still 0-0 going into the 3rd.

I think a lot of people are underestimating the Norwegian league. In my opinion the quality has increased the last few years. The import players are clearly on a higher level than before and most teams now have academys which makes it possible for junior players to practice 2 times every day.


Last edited by babyshamble: 11-23-2013 at 02:23 PM.
babyshamble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2013, 06:59 AM
  #62
Justinov
Registered User
 
Justinov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Copenhagen
Country: Denmark
Posts: 3,632
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by babyshamble View Post
Stavanger beat Dunaújvárosi 9-1 in todays game. Sřnderjyske - Neman Grodno is still 0-0 going into the 3rd.

I think a lot of people are underestimating the Norwegian league. In my opinion the quality has increased the last few years. The import players are clearly on a higher level than before and most teams now have academys which makes it possible for junior players to practice 2 times every day.
SřnderjydskE also lost their final game 1-3 to Stavanger that wins the tournamant.
So strong play by Stavanger and total flop for Sřnderjydske.
The Danish league has regressed a lot since the financial crises in 2007 and really a lot since the golden age in the 90's where we have Skriko, Bragin, Bjřrkstrand, Truhno, Tambijevs among many good names.

Justinov is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:21 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.