HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Negativity-**Only** Thread (A Place to go to vent)

Closed Thread

Old
03-28-2012, 03:57 PM
NoNecksCurse

vCash: 500
a possible coaching change isnt the craziest thing I've heard. its very possible it could happen in the next 2-3 years if not sooner. we could always suck the rest of this year... lose in 5 to DET and miss the playoffs next year.

however I think we are in a good spot right now. but if we don't make it at least to the WCF in the next 2 years.. id be very open to seeing who else is out there

Old
03-28-2012, 04:00 PM
pekkaslap

If we don't make it far this year, there's going to be a ripple effect. It's not just simply not making it past the first round. That would mean Suter, for sure and Weber, very likely would both be gone.

Old
03-28-2012, 04:37 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

The Sharks series ... the two teams with the most wins in the conference meet as 4 and 5. It's happened once in NHL history. But, yeah, we should have mopped the ice with the only other team to win 51 games that season. (I'd put a smiley here, but there isn't one that expresses astonished disdain).

Old
03-28-2012, 06:20 PM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101st_fan View Post
The Sharks series ... the two teams with the most wins in the conference meet as 4 and 5. It's happened once in NHL history. But, yeah, we should have mopped the ice with the only other team to win 51 games that season. (I'd put a smiley here, but there isn't one that expresses astonished disdain).
?

Old
03-28-2012, 06:53 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
?
Too gentle.

Old
03-28-2012, 07:03 PM
Drake744
@imdrakesmith

vCash: 325
Quote:
Originally Posted by 101st_fan View Post

Old
03-28-2012, 09:09 PM
tserberis*

Quote:
Originally Posted by pekkaslap View Post
If we don't make it far this year, there's going to be a ripple effect. It's not just simply not making it past the first round. That would mean Suter, for sure and Weber, very likely would both be gone.
Suter is still on the team???

Didn't notice him for last month...
I thought he never came back from All Star Game

Old
03-28-2012, 09:15 PM
PredsChik

Maybe we should bench Suter. You know since he's not shown up since January.

It's probably a good thing he's not re-signed, wouldn't want to waste money on that hunk of crap player. Made of glass Josi is going to take his place just fine.

Old
03-28-2012, 09:31 PM
NoNecksCurse

the only positive from suter has been his breakouts... josi can replace that next year (if healthy) and hopefully an UFA like matt carle and use that money saved elsewhere...

Old
03-28-2012, 09:33 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

The Wings must suck!!! They lost to the Jackets in regulation with the ability to crush our hopes of home ice!!!! OMG!!!!! WTF!!!! LMNOP!!!!!

[/sarcasm]

Old
03-28-2012, 09:33 PM
Top 6 Spaling

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoNecksCurse View Post
the only positive from suter has been his breakouts... josi can replace that next year (if healthy) and hopefully an UFA like matt carle and use that money saved elsewhere...
That's the exact name I was going to suggest. I think Gill could be worth re-signing too.

Weber-Josi
Carle-Gill
Ellis-Klein
Blum/Ekholm

Old
03-28-2012, 10:03 PM
token grinder
formerly sirryan189

Omg. The red wings lost on the road to the worst team in the league. They should fire babcock and holland. Trade datsyuk he sucks.

Old
03-28-2012, 10:13 PM
Drake744
@imdrakesmith

Detroit fans must be sick of the same crap every game. The system they play is getting stale and they've tuned Babcock out. It's obvious. Eh.....everyone already stole my sarcasm thunder, but piling on is always fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoNecksCurse View Post
The only breakouts I see from Suter are on his face.

Old
03-28-2012, 10:25 PM
NoNecksCurse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake744 View Post
The only breakouts I see from Suter are on his face.
LOL nice...

suter is a good puck mover.. by far our best. but his play for awhile overall has been just lazy..

also the difference in DET and us is they have results... and many accolades, trophies, cups, ect ..

ready for friday! 4th place is ours!

Old
03-28-2012, 10:34 PM
hockey diva
HFBoards Sponsor

The sarcasm is just dripping in here.

Never said anything about "moping up the ice" in our series with the Sharks. I had hoped we would be more competitive at least. We were outplayed, outhit and ultimately outscored.

The fact remains that Trotz has taken this franchise to the playoffs 6 times and come away with one series win. And that is not good enough.

Last edited by TMI: 03-29-2012 at 07:13 AM. Reason: playing mod
Old
03-28-2012, 10:43 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockey diva View Post
The sarcasm is just dripping in here.

Never said anything about "moping up the ice" in our series with the Sharks. I had hoped we would be more competitive at least. We were outplayed, outhit and ultimately outscored.

The fact remains that Trotz has taken this franchise to the playoffs 6 times and come away with one series win. And that is not good enough.
So a double OT loss, two other one goal game losses, and one exception with a two goal loss (plus a 5-2 Preds win) isn't competitive? The series with SJ was a grouping of relatively tight games between two pretty evenly matched teams. The other team won out, but, let's not rewrite history here.

Last edited by TMI: 03-29-2012 at 07:14 AM. Reason: edited quote
Old
03-28-2012, 10:45 PM
Jonesey
It's almost time..

Friendly mod reminder incoming:

Things are getting close to crossing the line. Make sure when you post you are on topic, and when responding to a post, make sure you aren't attacking the poster.

Old
03-28-2012, 11:08 PM
CalleJAMkrok
Weber/Neal/Rinne

i have an idea, with all the negativity in this thread i think everyone complaining should convert to being jackets fan. You guys will have EVERYTHING in the world to complain about, you guys would love it! itd be like another full time job! Oh the fun that ya'll would have, probably too much.

Old
03-28-2012, 11:18 PM
hockey diva
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantBeatMyPekka View Post
i have an idea, with all the negativity in this thread i think everyone complaining should convert to being jackets fan. You guys will have EVERYTHING in the world to complain about, you guys would love it! itd be like another full time job! Oh the fun that ya'll would have, probably too much.

I would like to be able to discuss our mistakes without being pollyannaed to death or told that it was just a "bad game" I think there are some real issues with how this team is constructed and it's ability to close the deal in important games. If this bothers you, don't read it.

Old
03-28-2012, 11:21 PM
predfan24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake744 View Post
No one is saying we shouldn't be making the next step forward. That's currently a work in progress. But some people are saying that things aren't as bad as they would seem to others. We are probably in a better position as an organization at this moment than we've ever been before, so I'm certainly willing to save judgement until it's time to make it. With that said, of course we aren't as harsh as Montreal fans are. They are "that market" in hockey. Just like Boston and New York in baseball and Dallas in football. Losing is unacceptable everywhere, but some cities turn it way, WAY up. Montreal probably more so than any city in North America.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CantBeatMyPekka View Post

This and This. Preds fans are a little spoiled. Not as bad as Detroit fans but still spoiled nonetheless.

Old
03-28-2012, 11:30 PM
Drake744
@imdrakesmith

Quote:
I would like to be able to discuss our mistakes without being pollyannaed to death or told that it was just a "bad game" I think there are some real issues with how this team is constructed and it's ability to close the deal in important games. If this bothers you, don't read it.
I don't mean to take it overboard, you just happened to stumble on the one topic that really gets under my skin, which is some people thinking Trotz and Poile's times should be coming to an end when it's pretty much a unanimous league-wide mindset that the Preds are spoiled with an amazing coach and GM. I believe those two are the least of our worries, of which we have relatively few.

People tend to think that supporting the FO/coaching staff and trying to rationalize past playoff "failures" is the same thing as being content with not getting better. That's not true at all. I can't speak for others but for me personally, I don't see much use in dwelling on the past to determine the future. Trotz is a professional, and a **** good one at that, so he knows how to gameplan. He knows what he's doing come playoff time. We don't exactly become pushovers when the year ends. Sure we could've been better in the past but we could've been a whole heck of a lot worse also.

But again, to each their own and I apologize for jumping all over it.

Old
03-29-2012, 12:35 AM
CalleJAMkrok
Weber/Neal/Rinne

Quote:
i never read your post. so i cant judge it and wont as for my post was a general statement to complaints, if you were just analyzing mistakes than it shouldnt have offended you like it apparently has... You know every team has mistakes, and will always have mistakes right? No sense living in gloom when we are watching the best preds team we've iced in of our existence. I guess all i can say is if you want to look at it the way you are, thats fine. I think this team can seal big games and we will see it this years playoffs. If my optimism bothers you, ignore it.

Old
03-29-2012, 07:18 AM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

I know this is the negativity thread, and, as I have said, all opinions are welcome. However, the rules do not magically disappear once you enter this thread. Do not troll posters. Do not flame posters. Do not play moderator by telling posters how to participate.

Argue the topic at hand or leave. It doesn't even have to be a polite argument, but it should be respectful at least.

Old
03-29-2012, 07:27 AM
RollingPredFan

Seriously, anytime anyone dares question the GM or coaching staff, the pom pom squad comes out with guns a blazing and jumps down the throat of the poster, it is getting old.

If you guys want to compare the Wings with our organization you can, but they have TONS better track record than our coach and GM do they not?

I find I fall in between.... Yes, I am glad we aren't Columbus. I am not ready to clean house or anything, but this team is eerily giving me the feeling of the other one and done teams we have had so many times before.

Commence the pom pom firing squad.

Old
03-29-2012, 07:29 AM
tserberis*

Quote:
Come on, team is on cruise control. It's brain, you can't change it. You can't push yourself as a team if you don't have too, there are also other factors, that will keep you conservative, like injuries and fatigue...

Closed Thread