HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Rangers @ Jets - 3/28/2012

Old
03-28-2012, 10:11 PM
Gardner McKay
Hey Hey...

vCash: 50
Not gonna lie folks, I really want the Presidents trophy.

Gardner McKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2012, 10:12 PM
Shakey Rustie
2L

vCash: 1077
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowblindNYR View Post
I wonder, how do you decide on that player? What if half the fans wanted to boo Gaborik and half want to boo Richards? How does it get synchronized?
Unless an opposing player does something during the game like injure one of our players, it will usually be the first star player that gets the boos, the rest of the arena catches on (or in Bryzgalov's case he said negative stuff about Winnipeg before). The arena is a sardine can, sitting in the crowd you can pretty much hear everything and join in right away.

Shakey Rustie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2012, 10:16 PM
js10

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueshirt Believer View Post
Not really, they have given themselves some breathing room. They just can't lose like 3 in a row. Granted we have been lucky that Pitt has stumbled.
I think we locked the first in conference. Pens are playing really tough games in last week and they are not superhumans to win them all. they will more focus on beating Flyers at least once.. plus if Fleury is out, their hopes are gone completely

js10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2012, 10:17 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

I thought Boyle had a monster game. I've been one of his biggest critics this season but he was overtly physical and making things happen at the net.

THAT'S third line Brian Boyle. It's a shame he's been in hiding all season. Hopefully he carries this into the playoffs.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2012, 10:19 PM
js10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno View Post
heh, kinda funny. figure they woulda booed Gabby then....he's our best player.
whatever helps our secondary, tertiary and quaternary scoring

js10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2012, 10:21 PM
HatTrick Swayze
Tomato Potato

POTG - Captain Cally. That game was the definition of on-ice leadership, he did it all.

HM:
Boyle - monster out there tonight
Dubi - keeps building on what's working. could stand to hit the net a bit more...but made some nice plays
Hank - very consistent effort overall, kept us in it when he had to
McD - sky. is. the. limit.

Now he wasn't "bad"...but did Gabby get engaged or something? I haven't seen him stone-hand so many passes and open opportunities like he did tonight in a long time, if ever.

03-28-2012, 10:21 PM
Blueshirt Believer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
I thought Boyle had a monster game. I've been one of his biggest critics this season but he was overtly physical and making things happen at the net.

THAT'S third line Brian Boyle. It's a shame he's been in hiding all season. Hopefully he carries this into the playoffs.
I agree that he had an excellent game. Still his skating ability is a problem no matter how you want to cut it. He has had solid games against teams like Carolina, Winnipeg, and Minn. But against faster/skilled teams, I still think he gets really exposed.

Still as long as he can show a bit more poise on those PK clears(why do most of his clears get intercepted?!), I think he knows how to use his size quite effectively on the PK.

I still don't think he should be matched up against elite teams skill lines. We should probably match our second line for that.

Blueshirt Believer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2012, 10:25 PM
Blue Line Monster

Quote:
Hank shouldn't have to worry about the cross crease at all. Two Dmen are back, one guy covering the Jet driving to the net on the right side. Del Z cuts the lane off of the puck carrier(keeps him on the outside).

The puck was never really endanger from the cross crease. From Hanks positioning, he wasn't worrying about the cross crease either(he never gave the outside post). He just didn't keep his five hole closed.

You only really have to worry about the cross crease as a goalie when the opposing team has numbers. The Jets did not on that play.
So when the puck is about to cross the ice right at the top of the crease with a player driving to the net the goalie isn't going to try to deflect it away with his stick? In the replay you can see from the Jet player's stick blade angle that it's a pass, Lundqvist was sliding to deflect away the pass, but it deflected in off DZ. But anyway, I'm just repeating stuff now so agree to disagree I guess.

Blue Line Monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2012, 10:29 PM
Hockey Team
Hunger Force

vCash: 920
Quote:
Originally Posted by we want cup View Post
Uh, we've had 1 ass. coach on the bench for the entire season.

So what the hell kind of question is that?

Hockey Team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2012, 10:32 PM
silverfish
Mr. Glass

They found a way to pull out the win. Would love to keep winning, but I've already got April 5th on the mind.

Huge game.

Keep rolling here and get some momentum going into the post-season.

LGR

silverfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2012, 10:32 PM
Blueshirt Believer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Line Monster View Post
So when the puck is about to cross the ice right at the top of the crease with a player driving to the net the goalie isn't going to try to deflect it away with his stick? In the replay you can see from the Jet player's stick blade angle that it's a pass, Lundqvist was sliding to deflect away the pass, but it deflected in off DZ. But anyway, I'm just repeating stuff now so agree to disagree I guess.
Fine, agree to disagree.

Watch the Jet player on the right side of the play. Our Right D man has him the whole way. Even if the pass is heading his way, the right D has taken away any time and space for him. The cross crease is the D man's responsibility, not the goalies in that scenario.

Old
03-28-2012, 10:34 PM
charlie460
Stone Age Hockey

Apparently the guy asking Torts that question is a reporter from http://illegalcurve.com/

charlie460 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2012, 10:42 PM
trilobyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR94 View Post
Tortorella's tough training camp and emphasis on conditioning pays off.
I think it actually meets the hype.
Renney used to talk about it, but I knew at the time that it was not true. I think this Rangers team is very fit.

Last edited by trilobyte: 03-28-2012 at 10:43 PM. Reason: fixed mistakes
trilobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2012, 10:43 PM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR94 View Post
Tortorella's tough training camp and emphasis on conditioning pays off.
It's not just the camp. The players need to be in top shape in the offseason if they even want to survive it. Makes a huge difference.

WhipNash27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2012, 10:43 PM
Trident61494

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie460 View Post
Apparently the guy asking Torts that question is a reporter from http://illegalcurve.com/
Why doesn't he understand that he sounded like a boob? Mike Sullivan has been our one and only Assistant Coach behind the bench since Torts joined the team...I mean I know you're the new team in the league...but at least PRETEND you've had a hockey team in your town before.

edit: I obviously know they've been in the league before :-P

Trident61494 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2012, 10:46 PM
trilobyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trident61494 View Post
Why doesn't he understand that he sounded like a boob? Mike Sullivan has been our one and only Assistant Coach behind the bench since Torts joined the team...I mean I know you're the new team in the league...but at least PRETEND you've had a hockey team in your town before.
Reporters can do their homework, or they can look stupid. Tortorella did this person a favour, maybe they will learn about being prepared.

Old
03-28-2012, 10:46 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
What did the Winnipeg fans do?

Bird Law is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2012, 10:49 PM
Blueshirt Believer

Quote:
Originally Posted by trilobyte View Post
Reporters can do their homework, or they can look stupid. Tortorella did this person a favour, maybe they will learn about being prepared.
On top of that, its a completely meaningless question. Who cares what are bench coach situation is?! It has no bearing on this game whatsoever.

Now if this was 1 on 1 piece about Torts or an offseason interview, by all means ask that question. Stupid question in the context of a post game interview.

Old
03-28-2012, 10:51 PM
Blueshirt Believer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
What did the Winnipeg fans do?
Booed. I say let them. At least they show passion, its more I can say about other franchises.

Old
03-28-2012, 10:51 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:
Booed. I say let them. At least they show passion, its more I can say about other franchises.
Oh. They do that every game. I figured they did something different.

Bird Law is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2012, 10:53 PM
trilobyte

Quote:
On top of that, its a completely meaningless question. Who cares what are bench coach situation is?! It has no bearing on this game whatsoever.

Now if this was 1 on 1 piece about Torts or an offseason interview, by all means ask that question. Stupid question in the context of a post game interview.
I did not listen to Tortorella's post game interview, just picking this up from the comments here.

You are right. If I had a press pass, I would try to at least ask about something that matters.

Old
03-28-2012, 11:05 PM
Blueshirt Believer

BTW, on the second goal, I originally thought it was Cally's man. It wasn't, Mitchell is the one to blame on that goal. Completely loses his man. Cally tried to cover for Mitchell's mistake but couldn't get positioning in time. Sorry to blame you Cally.

Old
03-28-2012, 11:12 PM
SnowblindNYR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakey Rustie View Post
Unless an opposing player does something during the game like injure one of our players, it will usually be the first star player that gets the boos, the rest of the arena catches on (or in Bryzgalov's case he said negative stuff about Winnipeg before). The arena is a sardine can, sitting in the crowd you can pretty much hear everything and join in right away.
I was a little disappointed in the Jets fans, I was hoping for a creative chant such as "silver medal" or "Crosby's better" (though the second is kind of obvious). If I were a Jets fan I'd chant "The Penguins are better".

SnowblindNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2012, 11:32 PM
KreiMeARiver
Have Confidence

Brian Boyle is a gamer...that is all I have to say.

KreiMeARiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2012, 11:43 PM
Bob Richards
Global Moderator
Mr. Mojo Risin'

vCash: 50
Boyle needs to keep that **** up. The goal was great but his real strength was puck possession and trucking people. Fantastic game by him.

Bob Richards is offline   Reply With Quote