HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Henry has earned a taste of Montreal

Old
03-28-2012, 05:22 PM
charlie

vCash: 500
White, Stabitz,,, add Henry and Shultz............Heck I might tune in to the last 5 games.

Would be fun to watch.

charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2012, 06:39 PM
Hank Scorpio

Quote:
Originally Posted by lillypad33 View Post
The move wouldn't be about winning or losing, it would be about giving a guy his dues.
Henry has been a solid guy for Hamilton throughout the years.
Like it or not, he's had an influence on Subban, Diaz and Weber.

Giving the guy an NHL salary for 5 games instead of an AHL salary would be a huge difference maker for him.

People always talk about class......this would be it.
Completely agree, it's a show of good faith. I'm all for playing the kids/Markov more and don't think it should come at a cost of that but I don't think anyone would complain if it meant Campoli sat for five games or less... except, maybe, Campoli.

Hank Scorpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2012, 07:07 PM
Harry Wong

Bring him up!

Harry Wong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2012, 07:37 PM
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by SB164 View Post
1: Call up Alex Henry and give him a permanent spot with the Habs.

2: Move the team from the Bell Centre back to the old Forum, spending millions of dollars in the process.

3: ???

4: Profit

Habaneros, don't ever change
huh,

yes when the Ducks were 15-18 pts behind Montreal, and Montreal in 21th place overall,
i said MONTREAL would get second over all pick!
Well here we are with a hand full of games left , closer to right than wrong eh?

also IN NOV 2011 notice how i said Habs playoffs were dead ....that was in NOVEMBER.I also thought Muller would do well for Canes, at the time they were well back of Montreal ....well he did have them within striking distance of the playoff spot with in the last month.
Anyways , not sayin i'm right 100% of the time, but i'm not like a broken clock either .

11-28-2011, 05:46 PM
Habaneros

Quote:

new coach should provide a spark , i'd just never count out Kirk , will see .

Habs on the other hand , yes i think already Habs playoffs are on life support....maybe already missed the playoffs .

Habaneros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2012, 10:31 PM
AllCanadienFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by habitue View Post
Henry is a mediocre, AHL level d-man. No more, no less. he has been UFA almost every season in the last 6 or 7 years and NO other organisations cared to sign him to a NHL contract, even if he is gigantic, couragous and a leader.
It's interesting to see the number of responses to a speculative topic like this. PG obviously has not given us fans much to get excited about. One thing for sure the reporter is very accurate on the strange events this year all credited to PG.
Having read all the posts and having watched Henry for the last four years one thing is obvious, most posters know little or nothing about Alex or the game itself. I'm not suggesting that he is a permanent fixture for the Habs D, but he is certainly more than his detractors are posting about him. He isn't the swiftest but it's more a mobility issue not straight speed. He rarely gets beat wide or caught from behind moving the puck up ice, unlike some of our prospects. People here would have you believe that he gets beat all the time. I know it's the AHL but it doesn't happen.
It is a joke that someone would suggest that he is not smart in his play. He makes good decisions with the puck, always has himself well positioned to use his size to win battles, is like a coach on the ice directing the play and ensures all know their assignments prior to the face offs. The younger guys are always talking with him getting direction.
The comment about not being a first pairing is true during the season when our prospects are getting the big minutes. In the playoffs it's a different story. He usually plays against the top offensive guys, ask Jamie Benn, Ville Lieno or Justin Abdelkater how they liked playing against him. As for being an UFA with no interest, before he signed his last deal with the Habs there were three other teams interested in him as well. Granted as a depth guy, his only mistake was picking the Habs.
All that being said, he will not be called up as the article suggests, it is too unusual even for PG. Also, IMO and as I've posted in other threads this will be his last year with the Dogs. It's a question of bodies and $'s to be saved and we all know which way PG and Molson will go if there is a buck to be saved.

AllCanadienFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2012, 10:35 PM
le_sean

Smarter to keep him in Hamilton to mentor the influx of young defencemen next season. Much better for the organization in the long term.

le_sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2012, 10:35 PM
Player 61
#Winning

Send a message via AIM to Player 61
At this point of the season, I can't see why not. The guy paid his due.

Tinordi & Beaulieau need to earn it in training camp.

Player 61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2012, 11:42 PM
HCH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estimated_Prophet View Post
Henry is terrible......

Awful skater with absolutely no puck skills.
Just like Hal Gill

HCH is offline   Reply With Quote