HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Tampa Bay Lightning
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

First Lightning Game on 4/2

Old
03-28-2012, 08:26 PM
BuffSports4Life
Rookie User

vCash: 500
First Lightning Game on 4/2

Hey Everyone!

My name is Dan and I live in Buffalo (Go Sabres!). The Lightning have been my second favorite team for a long time. The players like Stamkos and St. Louis, the management, and facility are top notch in my eyes!
I will be my attending my first ever Lightning game on Monday, 4/2. I know it's Fan Appreciation Night, but besides that what are some sights I should see or things I should do?
I am also a Sport Management major and would really love to try and get in contact with someone in management on the team...any suggestions?
Thanks for any help in advance...Just got my Stamkos jersey. Go Bolts!

BuffSports4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2012, 08:44 PM
PoundCake
Go Bolts!

Step 1. Change username to "TampaSports4Life"

As far as what to do at the forum. Be sure to check out the "Bud-Lite Party Deck" it's on the 3rd level and overlooks downtown Tampa, it's a pretty cool view. The forum also has a huge pipe organ on the 3rd level with a small bar below it (appropriately named "between the pipes"). That part of the 300 level has a section that overlooks the ice so you can watch the game form there if you don't want to sit in your seat. Additionally, each corner of the 100 level has sections where you can stand and watch the game from too(great sight lines).

Not sure about talking to management. Guest and client services used to be below the main entrance, but I haven't needed to go there since the arena has been remodeled, so I'm not sure were it is now. They had temporary boothes set up on the 100 level, but I haven't noticed them recently so I am assuming the finished the remodel. You might want to ask an usher where "Guest and client services" is located.

PoundCake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2012, 09:07 PM
LoSTRaMaiR

Have fun, I haven't been to a game in years. I have never had a bad seat in the forum, except being surrounded by Sabres fans once, no offense. View is good everywhere I have ever sat. Haven't been since the remodel, but hear good things

LoSTRaMaiR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2012, 09:09 PM
BuffSports4Life
Rookie User

Thanks PoundCake! I can't believe the renovation @ Tampa Bay Times. Are the 300lvl seats leather now as well? We had an overhaul in Buffalo, but nothing as massive as in Tampa!

BuffSports4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2012, 10:43 PM
PoundCake
Go Bolts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuffSports4Life View Post
Thanks PoundCake! I can't believe the renovation @ Tampa Bay Times. Are the 300lvl seats leather now as well? We had an overhaul in Buffalo, but nothing as massive as in Tampa!
Haha, no leather for us peasants up in the 300's, all the seats are cushioned now though.

I actually haven't sat in my seat since around November, I usually watch from a corner or sneak down to the 100 section if I see an opening

PoundCake is offline   Reply With Quote