HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Carolina Hurricanes
Notices

Hurricanes Prospect Discussion & Updates (Part III)

Closed Thread

Old
03-25-2012, 06:03 PM
Cardiac_Canes

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Cardiac_Canes
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveG View Post
One of the recent Union games there were quite a few pretty significant figures checking out the game. Among them were Chia for Boston and Francis for us, have to think it's pretty serious if Ronnie's the one checking out the games, especially when it doesn't otherwise involve a prospect of this team.

I think it was one of the ESPN guys that brought it up (Bucci?) on Twitter.
Great, Francis can find us another gem like Noah Babin or Riley Nash

Old
03-28-2012, 10:44 PM
totalkev

Future Nic Wallin? After a 72-game regular season that produced all of three goals (and 20 assists), Canes defense prospect Keegan Lowe scored his second goal in three playoff games tonight as Edmonton took a 3-0 series lead over Kootenay. And in true Wallin fashion, Lowe's first goal broke a 3-3 tie late in Game 2 that Edmonton held on to win 4-3, and tonight's goal tied the game in the third period. Lowe also assisted on the winner a few minutes later. No overtime goals yet, so he's got a ways to go to reach Wallin status.

Oh the wonders of a small sample size.

Also, to chime in on the subject of undrafted college prospects, I could be very wrong about this, but I think it's possible that the Canes are pushing up against the max contracts limit. Maybe not now, but they just signed Levi, and I'm sure they're going to try to get guys like Dumoulin, Biega, Frederik Andersson and maybe even Victor Rask (who's injured and hasn't played in the playoffs for Calgary yet this postseason - lower body) signed soon.

Old
03-28-2012, 10:50 PM
Vagrant
The Czech Condor

Send a message via AIM to Vagrant
Quote:
Originally Posted by totalkev View Post
Future Nic Wallin? After a 72-game regular season that produced all of three goals (and 20 assists), Canes defense prospect Keegan Lowe scored his second goal in three playoff games tonight as Edmonton took a 3-0 series lead over Kootenay. And in true Wallin fashion, Lowe's first goal broke a 3-3 tie late in Game 2 that Edmonton held on to win 4-3, and tonight's goal tied the game in the third period. Lowe also assisted on the winner a few minutes later. No overtime goals yet, so he's got a ways to go to reach Wallin status.

Oh the wonders of a small sample size.
I really like the dimension of toughness that Lowe adds to our prospect group. I think he's probably the meanest kid we have, that can actually play hockey that is, among our defensive prospects. You just get the sense that he's going to be a much better professional than junior player. If he could only put on some weight we could really see him take a gigantic step forward.

Old
03-28-2012, 10:55 PM
DaveG
Mod Supervisor
RIP Kev

vCash: 2498
Rask's already been signed, but doesn't count against the contract limit as he's in juniors right now. With Rask and Murphy (assuming everyone else is retained) we're at 51 heading into next season. But I would say that (at least) Spacek, Roy, and Durno are all gone from the org at seasons end. Possibly some others as well (Lawson, Soryal)

Closed Thread