HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rangers @ Jets - 3/28/2012

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-28-2012, 11:59 PM
  #126
charlie460
Stone Age Hockey
 
charlie460's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 3,601
vCash: 500
Guy who asked Torts question about assistant coach on the bench:

"For the record, I just wanted to know why the Rangers only had one assistant coach on the bench. I was mistaken as the Rangers always have one assistant coach. I didn't realize that. Torts didn't like the question I asked but I was trying to obtain an answer to an honest question."

http://mobile.twitter.com/ICEzzyG/st...19622272909313

charlie460 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2012, 12:14 AM
  #127
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat
 
wolfgaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 12,062
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by we want cup View Post
I'm dying.

wolfgaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2012, 12:15 AM
  #128
Bob Richards
Mr. Mojo Risin'
 
Bob Richards's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 45,938
vCash: 50
49. Ponder that for a minute. One shy of the big 50. Who honestly predicted that last season?

Bob Richards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2012, 01:01 AM
  #129
Gabbyfan
Registered User
 
Gabbyfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: St. Paul, Minnesota
Country: United States
Posts: 22
vCash: 500
Why wasn't Cally awarded an assist on Stepans goal? Replay clearly showed the puck deflecting off him prior to Stepan shooting...

Gabbyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2012, 01:07 AM
  #130
The Lone Ranger
Registered User
 
The Lone Ranger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 190
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowblindNYR View Post
I was a little disappointed in the Jets fans, I was hoping for a creative chant such as "silver medal" or "Crosby's better" (though the second is kind of obvious). If I were a Jets fan I'd chant "The Penguins are better".
I've got a chant for the Jets fans.

"You can't beat us!"

3 Stars:

#1 - Cap'n Cally (honestly, is there anyone here who doesn't have him rated as the game's MVP?)

#2 - Boyle

#3 - Henrik

The Lone Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2012, 01:18 AM
  #131
Swedish Fish
CONQUERED
 
Swedish Fish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: New York
Country: Sweden
Posts: 2,078
vCash: 500
The peg be hatin on Richards.

Swedish Fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2012, 02:13 AM
  #132
Blueshirt Believer
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 6,398
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabbyfan View Post
Why wasn't Cally awarded an assist on Stepans goal? Replay clearly showed the puck deflecting off him prior to Stepan shooting...
I believe you have to have possession of the puck in order to register an assist. Now a goal can be rewarded off incidental contact, but I don't believe an assist can be.

Blueshirt Believer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2012, 02:43 AM
  #133
Sticky Fingers
Registered User
 
Sticky Fingers's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 1,516
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakey Rustie View Post
We boo one player on the other team the whole game. I don't know why we boo, but we boo nonetheless (granted the wind in our sails pretty much left a week ago). Maybe after spending ridiculous prices for beer and having to wait half an hour in line to relieve the pressure we get angry, I don't know.

Best of luck the rest of the way though.
That is funny!

Sticky Fingers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2012, 02:45 AM
  #134
Callagraves
Block shots
 
Callagraves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 6,371
vCash: 500



In this picture:

Heroes, and Erik Christensen.

Callagraves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2012, 05:52 AM
  #135
TigerJack
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Country:
Posts: 814
vCash: 500
What´s happened to Hagelin?

5 game streak with no points..... Only 11 mints TOI yesterday.

TigerJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2012, 06:54 AM
  #136
Zil
Registered User
 
Zil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 3,781
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerJack View Post
What´s happened to Hagelin?

5 game streak with no points..... Only 11 mints TOI yesterday.
He's a rookie. It happens. He wasn't going to play at a point-per-game pace the rest of the way. I'm sure he'll pick it up again.

Zil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2012, 07:36 AM
  #137
Amazing Kreiderman
Night-shift fan!
 
Amazing Kreiderman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Netherlands
Country: Netherlands
Posts: 5,208
vCash: 50
Match was awesome the second half of the 60... We struggled in the first period but we came through, winning 3 in a row on the road! We top the league (once again) and have more ROW's than any other team.

Blues and Rangers in the final! I really hope so.

Amazing Kreiderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2012, 08:36 AM
  #138
Hellion
Stone Age Hockey
 
Hellion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Stavanger, Norway
Country: Norway
Posts: 4,936
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Callagraves View Post



In this picture:

Heroes, and Erik Christensen.
I am sorry, but thats a stupid joke.
Leave the guy alone, he is not even on the team anymore.

Heros? I am sure heros do not throw cheap jokes at people from their room at their parents house.

Hellion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2012, 08:56 AM
  #139
SnowblindNYR
Registered User
 
SnowblindNYR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 17,235
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Lone Ranger View Post
I've got a chant for the Jets fans.

"You can't beat us!"

3 Stars:

#1 - Cap'n Cally (honestly, is there anyone here who doesn't have him rated as the game's MVP?)

#2 - Boyle

#3 - Henrik
That's a better one, haha. If we beat Boston and Philly, that's 4 teams that couldn't beat us. (Along with the Canes)

SnowblindNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2012, 09:07 AM
  #140
SnowblindNYR
Registered User
 
SnowblindNYR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 17,235
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerJack View Post
What´s happened to Hagelin?

5 game streak with no points..... Only 11 mints TOI yesterday.
If Richards can have the January (Was it Jan or Feb?) he had, Hagelin can go 5 games without a point.

SnowblindNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2012, 09:12 AM
  #141
Loffen
Wen Kroy
 
Loffen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Soft euro
Posts: 17,120
vCash: 500
Hit the sack after the 1st period. Great turnaround. **** yeah, boys.

Loffen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2012, 09:13 AM
  #142
NYR Viper
Moderator
 
NYR Viper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 28,340
vCash: 500
Hagelin has hit the wall I was afraid he was going to hit. He has never played this many games in a season before and he had been playing BIG minutes to boot. Good move by Torts to lower his minutes drastically towards the end of the season.

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2012, 10:06 AM
  #143
EEDAWGZ
Registered User
 
EEDAWGZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Queens,NY
Country: United States
Posts: 857
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion View Post
I am sorry, but thats a stupid joke.
Leave the guy alone, he is not even on the team anymore.

Heros? I am sure heros do not throw cheap jokes at people from their room at their parents house.
While I do agree with you 100 percent , in that pic EC looks like he has potential to be a really good super villian

EEDAWGZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2012, 10:59 AM
  #144
NHRangerfan
enfoonts
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: New Hampshire
Country: United States
Posts: 3,091
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueshirt Believer View Post
Fine, agree to disagree.

Watch the Jet player on the right side of the play. Our Right D man has him the whole way. Even if the pass is heading his way, the right D has taken away any time and space for him. The cross crease is the D man's responsibility, not the goalies in that scenario.
Because dmen never lose their guy on front of the net

NHRangerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2012, 11:12 AM
  #145
Blueshirt Believer
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 6,398
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHRangerfan View Post
Because dmen never lose their guy on front of the net
Alright this is becoming silly. Hank gave up a bad goal, period. I am getting totally sick and tired of that every frikin goal is the fault of our D. Hank is not immortal, and he can make mistakes. This is the same blind reverence I expect out of Pitt fans.

Hank had a solid game last night, he didn't give a bad performance. But he can still make a misplay and make a mistake. He is human. Some of the guys on this board are way too extreme on their opinions of Hank, they either think he sucks when he gives up a goal, or they believe he is goaltending God who can do no wrong. Its really annoying.

Blueshirt Believer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2012, 11:17 AM
  #146
Sticky Fingers
Registered User
 
Sticky Fingers's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 1,516
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueshirt Believer View Post
Alright this is becoming silly. Hank gave up a bad goal, period. I am getting totally sick and tired of that every frikin goal is the fault of our D. Hank is not immortal, and he can make mistakes. This is the same blind reverence I expect out of Pitt fans.

Hank had a solid game last night, he didn't give a bad performance. But he can still make a misplay and make a mistake. He is human. Some of the guys on this board are way too extreme on their opinions of Hank, they either think he sucks when he gives up a goal, or they believe he is goaltending God who can do no wrong. Its really annoying.
Ouch!

Sticky Fingers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2012, 11:22 AM
  #147
Gabbyfan
Registered User
 
Gabbyfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: St. Paul, Minnesota
Country: United States
Posts: 22
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueshirt Believer View Post
I believe you have to have possession of the puck in order to register an assist. Now a goal can be rewarded off incidental contact, but I don't believe an assist can be.
Wrong. Assists are always awarded from non possession tips off players.

Gabbyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2012, 11:27 AM
  #148
Blueshirt Believer
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 6,398
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabbyfan View Post
Wrong. Assists are always awarded from non possession tips off players.
I wasn't sure. But doesn't the tip off have to have intent? Meaning it can't just hit his stick or the player, but he has to show intent of redirection?

I know it doesn't matter in regards to a goal. But I don't remember an assist getting registered off incidental contact.

Blueshirt Believer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2012, 11:31 AM
  #149
Tawnos
A guy with a bass
 
Tawnos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Charlotte, NC
Country: United States
Posts: 11,502
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueshirt Believer View Post
Alright this is becoming silly. Hank gave up a bad goal, period. I am getting totally sick and tired of that every frikin goal is the fault of our D. Hank is not immortal, and he can make mistakes. This is the same blind reverence I expect out of Pitt fans.

Hank had a solid game last night, he didn't give a bad performance. But he can still make a misplay and make a mistake. He is human. Some of the guys on this board are way too extreme on their opinions of Hank, they either think he sucks when he gives up a goal, or they believe he is goaltending God who can do no wrong. Its really annoying.
This is accurate, and it doesn't only hold for Henrik. A lot of people don't realize that just because there is some reason why they were in a bad situation doesn't mean they didn't make a mistake. One play doesn't change the fact that he only allowed 2 goals and had a respectable SV% for the game.

Henrik was pretty far out there on that play. I know he's been cutting down the angles a bit more this year, but if he's further back in the net, he feels like he has more time to wait on committing to the pass. The timing of the play completely changes. It's not just the deflection that caused the goal. However, mistakes just happen sometimes.

It really isn't a big deal.

Tawnos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2012, 11:35 AM
  #150
Blueshirt Believer
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 6,398
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawnos View Post
This is accurate, and it doesn't only hold for Henrik. A lot of people don't realize that just because there is some reason why they were in a bad situation doesn't mean they didn't make a mistake. One play doesn't change the fact that he only allowed 2 goals and had a respectable SV% for the game.

Henrik was pretty far out there on that play. I know he's been cutting down the angles a bit more this year, but if he's further back in the net, he feels like he has more time to wait on committing to the pass. The timing of the play completely changes. It's not just the deflection that caused the goal. However, mistakes just happen sometimes.

It really isn't a big deal.
Yeah, I'm not livid about Hank giving up the goal. I wasn't even that upset when it happened. Its just if you dare critique its some sort of religious blasphemy.

Blueshirt Believer is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:51 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.