HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

My off season game plan for the Leafs

Old
03-29-2012, 01:29 AM
Timbo Slice
Tank Nation

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeLH View Post
Brown for a 1st? Well, depends on the 1st rounder. Not sure if the Kings would bite. LA can sign Crabb on July 1st if they want him.
Would you trade someone like Galynchuk for Dustin Brown?

Timbo Slice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2012, 02:30 AM
TopT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinchy View Post
3rd-7th overall for Dustin Brown?

No thanks. This is how we got into this mess. Brown is worth a late first, not a lottery pick.

I guess this will be the year that HF boards hypes draft picks cause toronto sucked AGAIN

TopT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2012, 03:11 AM
Hertl Power

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougGilmour93 View Post
3)
As for the 3rd deal I admit that I wasn't sure on the value. Pavelski himself has not had a memorable year (stat wise) and if SJ fails to make the playoffs (which I have no idea if that happens) I can see them "blowing things" up and making some personel moves. They've had the same core for quite some time. I also figured Thornton and Marleau were mainstays and Couture made Pavelski somewhat expendable. Again, Pavelski is American, something I'm sure Burke values. As for Kadri, he's definetely had his issues not making the big club, but at times looks brilliant and appears more than ready to make a name for himself. Franson, is a D man that really has played better than alot of people thought. He can shoot, hit, play responsible in his own end, and he can only get better.
One of the problems is you take no consieration into the sharks needs. Currently the sharks have 5 dmen signed for next year (Boyle, Burns ,Vlasic, Murray, Demers) with Braun as an RFA likely to return. It is also likely the sharks can Sign B. Stuart in the summer if they want to. Franson while having a good year just doesn't have much value to us since we already have our defense ready for next year and at worst can just sign a ufa in the offseason without giving up anything.

After that you have Armstrong who really has very little value and so that leaves Kadri/Colborne and not enough to get the sharks even listening to the offer.

Hertl Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2012, 03:27 AM
denkiteki

1. 'nucks not interested in another 4 mil dman playing in their bottom pairing. Most 'nucks fan are also NOT interested in Schenn given his contract. He's still young and could turn out to be decent but right now he's overpaid and a project the 'nucks do not need.

denkiteki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2012, 04:28 AM
LiquidSnake
Agent of Chaos...

Not a chance I'd take Schenn for Schneider. I wouldnt take Any leaf Dman straight up for Schneider.

LiquidSnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2012, 04:41 AM
Campoli2Burrows

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquidSnake View Post
Not a chance I'd take Schenn for Schneider. I wouldnt take Any leaf Dman straight up for Schneider.
Hypothetically, what if it was for Gardiner and the deal motivated Schultz to sign with us?

Hamhuis-Bieksa
Edler-Tanev
Gardiner-Schultz

Looks pretty appealing to me!

Campoli2Burrows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2012, 06:03 AM
Lonny Bohonos
Kassian = P.A.G.A.N

I don't know if Schenn fits our system.

Lonny Bohonos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2012, 06:30 AM
denkiteki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campoli2Burrows View Post
Hypothetically, what if it was for Gardiner and the deal motivated Schultz to sign with us?

Hamhuis-Bieksa
Edler-Tanev
Gardiner-Schultz

Except the Leafs would be nuts to part with Gardiner.

denkiteki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2012, 06:47 AM
me2
Seahawks 43

vCash: 1000
Quote:

Hamhuis-Bieksa
Edler-Tanev
Gardiner-Schultz

How would you know about Schultz's plans without tampering.

Wow Schneider is playing all world ATM. Anything we get is going to seem like a massive underpayment. I hope we keep him.

me2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2012, 06:57 AM
Falconator

I know it's fun to fool around with trade proposals, but realistically none of that is going to happen! Burke has to get rid of some of the terrible UFA contracts he's handed out and build through the draft.

They've got some very good players, just poorly coached...until now! I don't believe they are a bottom five team as they sit. Draft some quality players and play a better team game under Carlyle. If anything get a veteran goaltender first and foremost!

Falconator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2012, 10:21 AM
Luck 6
\\_______

Quote:
2, 4, and 5 are the only ones I could see happening. Canucks would politely decline the first deal as we have no need for any of those three pieces and could find much better quality in a deal elsewhere.
I'd strongly consider this deal, if it were me. I'd want something else added though, like a 2nd round pick next year.

MacArthur has back to back 20 goal seasons, and Schenn still has a lot of upside at 22 years old. Schenn is one of the few players on the Leafs who isn't a minus player, and while this hasn't been a great season for him I think he could turn it around on the Canucks.

I'd certainly look at what other teams had to offer, but I certainly wouldn't be pissed if Gillis settled on a deal like this one.

Luck 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2012, 10:37 AM
NYVanfan

what are the Leafs needs?
(everything but D?)

and what are their top trading chips?
(picks, D, prospects?)

just trying to get to a more clear starting point

as a Canuck fan, the most intersting thing is the pick
McArthur & Schenn are 2 guys making over $3M that don't really excite)

NYVanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2012, 10:45 AM
Kulemon

NOOOOOOOO! I HATE YOUR PLAN!

Keep Schenn and the pick.

Kulemon is offline   Reply With Quote