HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Hershey @ Bingo | 3/28 | KK Ejected

Old
03-28-2012, 08:40 PM
sensR4real

vCash: 500
just ended, they lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by playasRus View Post
Is the game still on?

sensR4real is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2012, 08:56 PM
Icelevel
little bit better

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrePetersson View Post
Man Petersson is so good.

You guys that think the other small offensive prospects we have are better than him are so wrong.
We only have one other off. Prospect his size, pageau, and he's not as good as petey, so your boy is safe. He's the best 5'9" guy

Icelevel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2012, 09:18 PM
God Says No

so i'm assuming neither blood nor wideman played?

God Says No is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2012, 09:21 PM
Buckleys

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaindotC View Post
No Bingo lost 5-2. You could tell it was over when they put Lehner in net...that's when you know they've thrown in the towel.
Agreed, it was time to go when he let in 4 goals. Wait that was McKenna.

Buckleys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2012, 09:22 PM
Buckleys

Quote:
Originally Posted by God Says No View Post
so i'm assuming neither blood nor wideman played?
Wideman was just signed today, can't imagine he'll be in until the weekend. As for Blood, unless he got beat out and i'm not aware of, I think University of North Dakota is still playing

Buckleys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2012, 09:26 PM
God Says No

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckleys View Post
Wideman was just signed today, can't imagine he'll be in until the weekend. As for Blood, unless he got beat out and i'm not aware of, I think University of North Dakota is still playing
http://www.pressconnects.com/article...|text|Sports|p

Chris Wideman, a 5-foot-10, 180-pound defenseman, signed an amateur tryout with the B-Sens Tuesday and will make his pro debut. ... Wideman, the Ottawa Senators' fourth-round pick in the 2009 NHL Draft, had 95 points in his 163-game career at Miami University (Ohio), which ended last Friday. ... Ben Blood, the Senators' fourth-round pick in 2007, is also eligible to join the B-Sens on an ATO now that the University of North Dakota's season has concluded.

God Says No is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2012, 09:31 PM
BK201

Quote:
No Bingo lost 5-2. You could tell it was over when they put Lehner in net...that's when you know they've thrown in the towel.
lol Lehner is more suited for the NHL i think. he plays well up here and according to pierre Mcguire the AHL is completely disorganized and a lot of players when they get into more of a structure play better.

i'm not too worried.

BK201 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2012, 04:34 AM
MainDotC
Depth Defenceman

Send a message via AIM to MainDotC Send a message via Yahoo to MainDotC Send a message via Skype™ to MainDotC
Quote:
Originally Posted by BK201 View Post
lol Lehner is more suited for the NHL i think. he plays well up here and according to pierre Mcguire the AHL is completely disorganized and a lot of players when they get into more of a structure play better.

i'm not too worried.
That's not how it works. You earn your position in the NHL by playing well in the AHL. If you can't play well in the AHL you cannot be trusted with the responsibility of the NHL. Never in my life have I ever heard of someone being "more suited for the NHL".

MainDotC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2012, 01:07 PM
Xspyrit

lol what a broken record...

The Bingo team is a mess this season, they suffered a big injury bug and a lack of defensive depht earlier in the season and they just never recovered from it (a bit like the Habs in the NHL).

McKenna (the more experimented goalie) isn't doing a lot better. Lehner played very well in the NHL and that's all we care. Thank you and just **** once and for all

Last edited by Xspyrit: 03-29-2012 at 01:18 PM.
Xspyrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2012, 01:09 PM
Legend Killer

vCash: 1263
Quote:
That's not how it works. You earn your position in the NHL by playing well in the AHL. If you can't play well in the AHL you cannot be trusted with the responsibility of the NHL. Never in my life have I ever heard of someone being "more suited for the NHL".
Filatov apparently... According to some...

Legend Killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2012, 11:35 AM
aragorn
YES WE CAN

Quote:
While that used to be the case, I don't think that it is any longer, as Dylan said, "the times they are a changing". With the NHLPA being so strong now & with other leagues challenging for players, players have more options especially European/Russian players who can return home & in some cases make more money there than in the AHL.

It doesn't surprise me either if some players have it in their contracts that if they don't make the NHL club that they will be free to go back & play in their home country. While most NA players will go & play in the AHL until they are at least UFAs, European players have other options. IMO the better route is the AHL since they are just a callup away from playing in the NHL while over in Europe they cannot be called up & need to wait a full yr, until their contract yr is over. I also think it is a better development league for the NHL since most farm teams play the exact same system as the parent team, on the same ice surface & with the same rules.

aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote