HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Fantrax League Topic #2

Closed Thread

Old
03-28-2012, 06:09 AM
Mkoll
Inkvisiittori

vCash: 840
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garbage Goal View Post

I think that sounds extremely fair to everyone. Serpentine style drafts, we get to pick what position we want in the pro draft, and the prospect draft is the luck of the draw, but still influenced by the standings. Sound good to the majority of you?
I am not crazy about everyone picking where their draft slot will be, but if im in the minority I will deal with it.

Old
03-28-2012, 12:12 PM
Garbage Goal

vCash: 500
1st overall pick is up for sale. as well as any player on my team and farm not named zajac, read, markstrom, hamilton, holtby, granlund, or kuznetsov

Old
03-28-2012, 05:16 PM
JVR21
G

I haven't decided which players to keep yet. Here are some players that I'd consider trading if I got the right deal.

Kessel - 1st rounder+
Pominville - 1st rounder
Moulson - 1st rounder
Olli Jokinen - 2nd rounder
Ray Whitney - 2nd rounder
Mike Fisher - 5th rounder
Brian Campbell - negotiable (he was a top 10 dman this year)
Perron - I have a tough time gauging his value, but something around a 3rd rounder? He's JVR's age and missed over half the season. He's looked great.
Goligoski - negotiable
1 or 2 of my three goalies: Smith, Hiller, Pavelec - negotioable

Others are available also, obviously, if you want them for cheap.

Old
03-28-2012, 08:54 PM
PhilaFlyers

vCash: 300
Keepers
Anze Kopitar
Ryan Getzlaf
Rick Nash
Jaroslav Halak
Wayne Simmonds
Patrik Elias
Tomas Plekanec
John Carlson

Prospects
Emerson Etem
Tim Erixon
Kyle Palmieri
Eric Wellwood
Marcus Foligno
Louis Leblanc
Jeremy Morin
Raphael Diaz

Old
03-29-2012, 05:38 AM
Mkoll
Inkvisiittori

vCash: 840
Thomas Vanek for a 1st is available.

Old
03-29-2012, 08:49 AM
Prongo
Beer

Joe Thorton will be available when im done the playoff. We can try to get a deal done now though and just announce it after my season is finished.

Old
03-29-2012, 10:11 AM
Garbage Goal

Got a deal to announce that won't be finalized till loser is out of the playoffs.

My 1st, Bernier, and loser's 3rd for Thornton, Radulov, Murphy, loser's 1st, and loser's 2nd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mkoll View Post
Thomas Vanek for a 1st is available.
Hmm let me think on that one.

Old
03-29-2012, 11:35 PM
Garbage Goal

loser and WV Icers separated by .3 points. Great matchup.

Old
04-02-2012, 11:27 AM
Garbage Goal

Championship round is in action. JVR21 versus WV Icers! Good luck to both of you boys.

Also, loser, I processed our trade so review just to make sure everything is good to go please.

Old
04-02-2012, 11:29 AM
Prongo
Beer

Keepers:

H. Sedin
D Sedin
R. Vrbata
Weiss
Fleischmann
Franzen
Backstrom
Kipper

Prospects/minors:

Gardiner
Voynov
Bernier
Smith
Ekholm
Luke
Forbort
JT Brown.

I hate losing!

GG saw it went through. It is all good. I hope JVR gets upset in the finals. Rooting for the guy who took me out.

Last edited by Prongo: 04-02-2012 at 11:37 AM.
Old
04-02-2012, 11:33 AM
JVR21
G

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyersfan9180 View Post
GG saw it went through. It is all good. I hope JVR gets upset in the finals. Rooting for the guy who took me out.

Old
04-02-2012, 11:38 AM
Prongo
Beer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JVR21 View Post
Come on, gotta hope for a major upset here. You have dominated all year. David vs Goliath! And we know who I'm rooting for!

Old
04-02-2012, 12:08 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor

vCash: 156
I suppose I'll do my keepers. I've got some hard decisions with some of the geezers I've got hanging around.

Keepers:

Brad Richards
Jarome Iginla
Mike Green
Martin Havlat
Danny Briere
Martin Erat
Teemu Selanne
Tim Thomas

Prospects:

Derek Brassard
Tom Sestito
Drew Shore
Tyler Toffoli
Teemu Pulkkinen
Eric Lindros

I give this team core 3 "mehs."

04-02-2012, 12:22 PM
JVR21
G

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
I suppose I'll do my keepers. I've got some hard decisions with some of the geezers I've got hanging around.

Keepers:

Brad Richards
Jarome Iginla
Mike Green
Martin Havlat
Danny Briere
Martin Erat
Teemu Selanne
Tim Thomas

Prospects:

Derek Brassard
Tom Sestito
Drew Shore
Tyler Toffoli
Teemu Pulkkinen
Eric Lindros

That squad could use a couple JVR21 players...

Old
04-02-2012, 12:27 PM
Garbage Goal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post

Keepers:

Brad Richards
Jarome Iginla
Mike Green
Martin Havlat
Danny Briere
Martin Erat
Teemu Selanne
Tim Thomas

Prospects:

Derek Brassard
Tom Sestito
Drew Shore
Tyler Toffoli
Teemu Pulkkinen
Eric Lindros

Um...Brassard isn't minor league eligible. So he'd have to keep a keeper spot. Only requirement for minor league status is 82 games played max. He's far exceeded 82 games. Also, I know he is actually in your minor leagues, but that's probably because he was there back when we had an age requirement and you never took him off.

Old
04-02-2012, 12:30 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor

Goddamnit. I didn't know he'd played over 82 games. I'll revise.

Edit: Well, I dont know who I had him confused with. I thought he was a rookie.

Old
04-04-2012, 10:22 PM
Garbage Goal

Alright, did the lottery for the prospect draft in an odd fashion via random.org, but it worked out I think. Here's the results, at my first glance (some calculation was required on my part to figure out who won what position):

1st: Beef Invictus
2nd: Bettman
3rd: 2 Goalies 1 Cup
4th: Wu-Tang Clan
5th: Richmond Robins
6th: Last Place
7th: Adeptus Astartes
8th: Girouxsalem
9th: Hollywood Cannon
10th: Loser918
11th: WV Icers
12th: JVR21

How does this sound to everyone? For those that don't remember, I took the contracted teams out of the equation, leaving us with 12 teams. Then, whatever rank you were in the standings with those contracted teams taken out of the equation is how many entries you had in the drawing. For instance, since I was last, or 12th, I got 12 entries in the lottery. Since JVR wast 1st he got 1 entry in the drawing. Good enough to help out those that didn't do well yet random enough to not encourage tanking.

If you don't like the results or the method that I chose then feel free to express yourself and if majority opinion is that I need to re-do it in some other fashion then it shall be done. However, note that this will be a serpentine draft so I really don't see how this is worse then any other method.

For those that don't feel like adding the "numbers" up themselves, Shoot, Center City Lumberjacks, A Tribe Called Soul, and Broad Street Brassknuckles are being contracted. All their prospects (players under 82 GP) will be added to the prospect pool (highlights including Kadri, Huberdeau, Couturier, Schneider, Scheifele, Zibanejad) and their pro players added to the pro draft (too many highlights to go over in parenthesis =P). Check out their rosters if you wanna see exactly how much the drafts will be enriched.

Popular opinion, in terms of how many teams to contract, was that most people either didn't care or wanted 4 teams contracted rather then 2. In fact, only one person that I can remember was clearly against contracting by 4 teams so, while I must apologize to that one person, it's something I felt had to be done.

Center City Lumberjacks was active towards the end of the season, but for a large part of the season he was inactive plus I needed a fourth team to contract as Shoot, A Tribe Called Soul, and Broad Street Brassknuckles were all extremely inactive all season long. So I apologize to CCL, but I unfortunately had to choose an extra team to contract.

Last edited by Garbage Goal: 04-04-2012 at 10:37 PM.
Old
04-04-2012, 10:25 PM
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida

vCash: 50
Quote:
Alright, did the lottery for the prospect draft in an odd fashion via random.org, but it worked out I think. Here's the results, at my first glance (some calculation was required on my part to figure out who won what position):

1st: Beef
2nd: Bettman
3rd: 2 Goalies 1 Cup
4th: Wu-Tang Clan
5th: Richmond Robins
6th: Last Place
7th: Adeptus Astartes
8th: Girouxsalem
9th: Hollywood Cannon
10th: Loser918
11th: WV Icers
12th: JVR21

How does this sound to everyone? For those that don't remember, I took the contracted teams out of the equation, leaving us with 12 teams. Then, whatever rank you were in the standings with those contracted teams taken out of the equation is how many entries you had in the drawing. For instance, since I was last, or 12th, I got 12 entries in the lottery. Since JVR wast 1st he got 1 entry in the drawing. Good enough to help out those that didn't do well yet random enough to not encourage tanking.

If you don't like the results or the method that I chose then feel free to express yourself and if majority opinion is that I need to re-do it in some other fashion then it shall be done. However, note that this will be a serpentine draft so I really don't see how this is worse then any other method.

For those that don't feel like adding the "numbers" up themselves, Shoot, Center City Lumberjacks, A Tribe Called Soul, and Broad Street Brassknuckles are being contracted. All their prospects (players under 82 GP) will be added to the prospect pool (highlights including Kadri, Huberdeau, Couturier, Schneider, Scheifele, Zibanejad) and their pro players added to the pro draft (too many highlights to go over in parenthesis =P). Check out their rosters if you wanna see exactly how much the drafts will be enriched.

Popular opinion, in terms of how many teams to contract, was that most people either didn't care or wanted 4 teams contracted rather then 2. In fact, only one person that I can remember was clearly against contracting by 4 teams so, while I must apologize to that one person, it's something I felt had to be done.

Center City Lumberjacks was active towards the end of the season, but for a large part of the season he was inactive plus I needed a fourth team to contract as Shoot, A Tribe Called Soul, and Broad Street Brassknuckles were all extremely inactive all season long. So I apologize to CCL, but I unfortunately had to choose an extra team to contract.
I just got 2006 Flyer'd

04-04-2012, 10:26 PM
Garbage Goal

Prospect draft will last four rounds. For those that have 10 prospects (the max) the draft will work like so. At any point in the draft you can choose to stop drafting and your picks will be skipped from that point on. However, if you wish to draft a prospect you must name one to drop to make room for the drafted prospect. Simple enough, yes?

Old
04-04-2012, 10:27 PM
Garbage Goal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hextall89 View Post
I just got 2006 Flyer'd
Eh, that's good enough for Schneider/Huberdeau.

You did get a little screwed, but take it from the person who did the drawing. Girouxsalem was the big loser here.

Old
04-04-2012, 10:31 PM
JVR21
G

Somebody make a damn trade with me.

Old
04-04-2012, 10:35 PM
Garbage Goal

Beef is going to be thrilled.

I very much regret trading the 1st overall pro draft pick now that I figured out Steven Stamkos is going to be in the pro draft. >_<

Quote:
Originally Posted by JVR21 View Post
Somebody make a damn trade with me.
Lower your asking price and I most certainly will.

Old
04-04-2012, 10:38 PM
Prongo
Beer

Quote:

I very much regret trading the 1st overall pro draft pick now that I figured out Steven Stamkos is going to be in the pro draft. >_<
Holy Balls! This is excellent! Man oh man I am so Lucky haha. Shouldn't be hard picking number 1 overall this year!

Old
04-04-2012, 10:46 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyersfan9180 View Post
Holy Balls! This is excellent! Man oh man I am so Lucky haha. Shouldn't be hard picking number 1 overall this year!
Yeah, Lindros is now available. You lucky dog, easy pick.

I might as well just say I'm drafting Nail right now. Interestingly, this is fairly fair since I probably have the worst damned prospect pool in the league.

Old
04-04-2012, 10:49 PM
JVR21
G

Quote:
Beef is going to be thrilled.

Lower your asking price and I most certainly will.
http://www2.fantrax.com/fantasy/stat...ED&searchName=

Three players from the top 40 overall are available. Those are top 3/4 players in a league with 12 teams.

Closed Thread