HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Panthers mining NCAA ranks for prospect gold

Old
03-28-2012, 07:00 PM
HF Article
Hockey's Future Staff

vCash: 500
Panthers mining NCAA ranks for prospect gold

The Florida Panthers have a large collection of talented players playing in the NCAA and European professional ranks.

More...

HF Article is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2012, 08:33 PM
angry_treefrog
#CatsAreComing

Thanks for the write-up. It should be fun to see some of these kids make cameo appearances on the Panthers next season as they filter into the AHL.

The most interesting thing I got from it.... Federov is still playing?!?!

angry_treefrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2012, 08:49 PM
King Panther
ElGrandeDbagSupreme

I admit Ive only seen two games of bjugstad in the world juniors, but i was not impressed by his skating at all. He looked sluggish and jerky to me.

King Panther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2012, 09:12 PM
Jeff Shafer
Established: 1987

Send a message via MSN to Jeff Shafer
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Panther View Post
I admit Ive only seen two games of bjugstad in the world juniors, but i was not impressed by his skating at all. He looked sluggish and jerky to me.
I have seen him play multiple games in college and unless te speed is drastically different he was easily the fastest and quickest player on the ice even with his size.

Jeff Shafer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2012, 02:20 AM
King Panther
ElGrandeDbagSupreme

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Shafer View Post
I have seen him play multiple games in college and unless te speed is drastically different he was easily the fastest and quickest player on the ice even with his size.
I honestly cant say much about it, like I said, only two games. But I can say this, I saw Howden in the same game and he was a much much better skater than bjugs. So if bjugs is a good skater than Howden is off the charts.

King Panther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2012, 05:33 AM
Dread Clawz
LAWSonic Boom

Quote:
Quote:
I honestly cant say much about it, like I said, only two games. But I can say this, I saw Howden in the same game and he was a much much better skater than bjugs. So if bjugs is a good skater than Howden is off the charts.
Bjugstad has a very technically sound stride and has good speed when he gets going. He's also agile on his skates, especially for a big man. if you only saw Bjugstad in two games at this past WJC, then I understand why you weren't impressed with him. He just came back from a shoulder injury in that tournament, those were his first games back and he looked rusty and off his game. I've noticed a lot of posters here saw him for the first time there and I don't blame them for being underwhelmed. That wasn't the Bjugstad that's been dominatng college hockey for the past 1 1/2 seasons.

And Howden IS off the charts. He's one of the fastest skaters you'll ever see.

Dread Clawz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2012, 07:19 AM
Brian Fogarty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markstrom Rules View Post
Bjugstad has a very technically sound stride and has good speed when he gets going. He's also agile on his skates, especially for a big man. if you only saw Bjugstad in two games at this past WJC, then I understand why you weren't impressed with him. He just came back from a shoulder injury in that tournament, those were his first games back and he looked rusty and off his game. I've noticed a lot of posters here saw him for the first time there and I don't blame them for being underwhelmed. That wasn't the Bjugstad that's been dominatng college hockey for the past 1 1/2 seasons.

And Howden IS off the charts. He's one of the fastest skaters you'll ever see.
Pretty much right on. Bjugstad's straight-line speed didn't impress me that much last year. He was good on his skates, solid laterally and on his edges, but his acceleration and top speed were average.

This season, from the first shift of the first game, you could see the improvement. His skating no longer worries me at all. He may not be a burner, but he uses good positioning and true sense for the game to get where he needs to go, and he almost always win puck races.

As for Howden, he might be the fastest guy in the WHL.

Brian Fogarty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2012, 07:22 AM
Brian Fogarty

Quote:
Originally Posted by angry_treefrog View Post
Thanks for the write-up. It should be fun to see some of these kids make cameo appearances on the Panthers next season as they filter into the AHL.

The most interesting thing I got from it.... Federov is still playing?!?!
I know! Not only playing, but playing well. 22 points in 43 games as captain for Metallurg. Doesn't hurt to have Kosov playing with a guy like that.

Brian Fogarty is offline   Reply With Quote