HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Only in Nassau County

Old
03-29-2012, 07:18 AM
lorwood

vCash: 500
Only in Nassau County

It's surreal. Nassau has to borrow over 100 million dollars and Wang gets 3.8 million of it.

http://www.newsday.com/long-island/n...list-1.3629092

I bet the taxpayers really want to hear about a new arena now!

lorwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2012, 07:50 AM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorwood View Post
It's surreal. Nassau has to borrow over 100 million dollars and Wang gets 3.8 million of it.

Wang is not getting $3.8m of that money.

The aging Coliseum,which the County owns and is responsible for maintaining,gets $3.8m.

CREW99AW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2012, 07:51 AM
E_Godard

Quote:

I bet the taxpayers are all checking all their last 10 years worth of tax bills..

All this means is they overtaxed his personal properties (amongst many other residents) for a decade long. He's entitled to get his money back just like everyone else that got over taxed.

E_Godard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2012, 08:18 AM
lorwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by E_Godard View Post
I bet the taxpayers are all checking all their last 10 years worth of tax bills..

All this means is they overtaxed his personal properties (amongst many other residents) for a decade long. He's entitled to get his money back just like everyone else that got over taxed.
No doubt his assessment was off. But the county has to borrow the money and the only way to pay back the debt is to raise taxes, so the perception, right or wrong, is that, once again Joe middle class gets screwed.

Old
03-29-2012, 08:35 AM
E_Godard

Quote:
No doubt his assessment was off. But the county has to borrow the money and the only way to pay back the debt is to raise taxes, so the perception, right or wrong, is that, once again Joe middle class gets screwed.
Its hard to believe, but Joe middle class benefited from lower taxes for a decade while others (people, companies, whatever) overpaid.

This is just further proof of how ****ed our island is financially. We overspend like its Regan years. Our counties, local governments and school districts are bleeding money in more ways then anyone could imagine. The entire system needs to be restructured from the ground up.

But it wont be.

Instead you will continue to see your taxes go up every year. While claims like this come out every now and again, further pushing us into a worser recession. Keeping the so called middle class clawing for an extra buck to cover the costs of living.

This is the life of a long islander.
Live with it, or leave for a better life.

E_Godard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2012, 03:26 PM
19 in a row

for all the abuse this guy gets, I dont think him overpaying his taxes and getting a refund is a big deal... I am not saying he is a saint but before you condemn the guy look at all of the philanthropy he does as well with make a wish, donations at stony brook, the st doms sports facility and the list goes on and on... he has been demonized because our team wallows but he has done some good things as a human being. And no, I am not him, nor do I know him, work for him or take any mind altering substances.. just a moment of weakness here since we are always demonizing him.

I am not a fan of much of what he has done with the Isles, but he did bail us out once.

19 in a row is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2012, 03:41 PM
StrongIslanders90

WoW I thought he had to pay that....

StrongIslanders90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2012, 03:49 PM
ferrisUML

Anyone else get a smile across their face when seeing that picture of Wang? Granted, he's no saint, but **** Nassau and their corrupt BS.

ferrisUML is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2012, 04:38 PM
lorwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19 in a row View Post
for all the abuse this guy gets, I dont think him overpaying his taxes and getting a refund is a big deal... I am not saying he is a saint but before you condemn the guy look at all of the philanthropy he does as well with make a wish, donations at stony brook, the st doms sports facility and the list goes on and on... he has been demonized because our team wallows but he has done some good things as a human being. And no, I am not him, nor do I know him, work for him or take any mind altering substances.. just a moment of weakness here since we are always demonizing him.

I am not a fan of much of what he has done with the Isles, but he did bail us out once.
I don't think its about Wang getting a refund as much as it is about the fact that Nassau has to take out another loan to pay it.

Old
03-29-2012, 11:01 PM
mitchy22

Quote:
I don't think its about Wang getting a refund as much as it is about the fact that Nassau has to take out another loan to pay it.
Nassau should have gone bankrupt. The stupid NIFA is a great way to extend the misery without major changes taking place.

Nassau had been handing out unsustainable contracts for years. The housing bubble allowed them to get even further than they should have. They're lucky that we never even got to the point of a full correction in the market. Inflation would help them if they didn't keep increasing their contracts above and beyond all of the time.

As I've said elsewhere, I'd like to find a county that has been mismanaged more than Nassau County. They could not possibly be more in the pocket of special interests.

mitchy22 is offline   Reply With Quote