HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Oates: A Income Perspective

Closed Thread

Old
11-17-2003, 03:33 PM
rabi_sultan

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to rabi_sultan Send a message via AIM to rabi_sultan Send a message via MSN to rabi_sultan Send a message via Yahoo to rabi_sultan
Oates: A Income Perspective

ok we've signed Oates, I wonder how many #77 shirts the Oilers would be able to sell off, plus to add the Heritage classic the Oilers may still be able to clear an extra couple of million onto the budget just purely through merchandising perhaps? Thoughts?

Old
11-17-2003, 03:39 PM
nineteen79

Great sighning but I don't believe he will be ready for the big game this weekend.

Old
11-17-2003, 03:47 PM
rabi_sultan

Send a message via ICQ to rabi_sultan Send a message via AIM to rabi_sultan Send a message via MSN to rabi_sultan Send a message via Yahoo to rabi_sultan
important nobody buy a #77 shirt he's wearing #37 accordin to the oilers official site

Old
11-17-2003, 03:50 PM
dawgbone

Send a message via ICQ to dawgbone Send a message via MSN to dawgbone
Quote:
Originally Posted by rabi_sultan
ok we've signed Oates, I wonder how many #77 shirts the Oilers would be able to sell off, plus to add the Heritage classic the Oilers may still be able to clear an extra couple of million onto the budget just purely through merchandising perhaps? Thoughts?
I am not sure how much the Oilers will be making on the Heritage Classic... I mean, the setup cost alone is $4million... and that doesn't factor into things like extra insurance, and what happens if the game is cancelled (well post-poned where it will be played indoors on Sunday)... I can't imagine the Oilers not refunding a lot of the money, unless the tickets specifically say that there is no refund under any circumstance.

Old
11-17-2003, 03:53 PM
thome_26
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via ICQ to thome_26
I wonder why. I mean it's not like 77 is spoken for or anything. And with the exception of Ryan Smyth, nobody would dare deny Oates a number IMO.

Old
11-17-2003, 03:54 PM
OYLer

Great news, looking like Oiler ownership and management are starting to think maybe they have a good shot at finishing higher in the standing than they thought plus maybe going deeper into the playoffs.

Old
11-17-2003, 03:56 PM
USC Trojans
I have a plan.

hey, if Oates could help the Ducks to a finals game 7 appearance...who knows, maybe this will be the year they break the first round curse. Especially when Dallas isn't so hot right now.

Old
11-17-2003, 03:56 PM
Oilers Ent

Send a message via MSN to Oilers Ent
Quote:
Originally Posted by OYLer
Great news, looking like Oiler ownership and management are starting to think maybe they have a good shot at finishing higher in the standing than they thought plus maybe going deeper into the playoffs.
Well let's not start counting our chickens until they're hatched. Oates hasn't even played a game yet. He might blow his knee out in the first game and be out for the rest of the season. Anything can happen.

*knock's on wood*

Old
11-17-2003, 04:35 PM
The Rage

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikeisevil
Well let's not start counting our chickens until they're hatched. Oates hasn't even played a game yet. He might blow his knee out in the first game and be out for the rest of the season. Anything can happen.

*knock's on wood*
I was thinking the exact same thing. When you bring a guy in just for 60 games, a major injury would make the move pointless. However, I hope he stays helathy, because if he does, he's exactly what the oiler's need. He may have lost a little bit in his old age, but he addresses the oiler's weaknesses so well that I think he could make a marked impact.

Old
11-17-2003, 04:36 PM
OYLer

Quote:

*knock's on wood*
The better half, who I've just been talking to on the phone is much like you, cautious and intro-spective, a pessimist really: 'If you expect the least, you can never be disappointed. I say, to hell with it, lets throw caution to the wind, and focus onthe positive and deal with re-adjustment later.

Old
11-17-2003, 04:55 PM
hackey
You're Not Bored...

Did Lowe sign Oates to play in the Heritage Classic or to play for the current team?

Old
11-17-2003, 04:56 PM
USC Trojans
I have a plan.

btw, now that the oilers have signed Oates for a little less than $2 million. Would they have enough money left over to re-sign Comrie or take over contracts of players coming in for Comrie?

Old
11-17-2003, 04:58 PM
rabi_sultan

well thats a possibilty since they stand to make potential profits from the Heritage game and other sources. But if comrie did sign where do you play him?

Smyth-Oates-Hemsky
Torres-York-Dvorak
RPM
Isbister-Comrie?-Laraque

Old
11-17-2003, 05:01 PM
The Rage

The heritage classic will probably be a break even considering the huge cost for setting the thing up. And the money from "other sources" is overated. The canadian dollar won't help because the oilers made an agreement to get a fixed rate. And the carter and niinima deals were not actually salary dumps, they were designed to gaurd against future increases in the salaries of those two players.

Old
11-17-2003, 05:36 PM
Patch101

Send a message via ICQ to Patch101 Send a message via AIM to Patch101 Send a message via Yahoo to Patch101
Whaaaaat? We Signed oates (checking TSN) ......

Yaaaaaaaaahhhhhhooooooooooooo

Great thing for the Oilers, actual vet leadership and an actual centerman!
I hope he can stay healthy

SM

Old
11-17-2003, 05:44 PM
Oilers Ent

Send a message via MSN to Oilers Ent
Quote:
Originally Posted by OYLer
The better half, who I've just been talking to on the phone is much like you, cautious and intro-spective, a pessimist really: 'If you expect the least, you can never be disappointed. I say, to hell with it, lets throw caution to the wind, and focus onthe positive and deal with re-adjustment later.
Can I swim there too?

God I hope Oates comes in and automatically our PP is producing and our faceoffs are being won.

*crosses fingers*

Old
11-17-2003, 05:53 PM
OYLer

Quote:
Can I swim there too?

God I hope Oates comes in and automatically our PP is producing and our faceoffs are being won.

*crosses fingers*
I'm sure this has been posted but here is a good source for some questions asked and maybe answered: http://www.canoe.ca/Slam031117/nhl_edm-cp.html

Closed Thread