HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Notices

I hate this team (aka was proud of this team)

Old
03-28-2012, 01:04 PM
CunniJA

vCash: 500
I think that of those two, the one that would make the biggest impact is Parise. The defense took a huge step up this year. All it takes is a quick look at the GAA to see that. What really killed them in most games that they lost badly was either a lack of opportunities entirely or just a lack of finishing; Parise would help tremendously in that regard. Don't get me wrong though, Suter would still be quite an impact player.

CunniJA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2012, 11:41 PM
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL

vCash: 50
Yeah nevermind, how can you dominate teams in about 20 games and lose majority of them? Even the youngest the team shouldn't be this bad.

S E P H is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2012, 11:53 PM
CunniJA

http://www.nhl.com/ice/teamstats.htm...ewName=summary

A lot of the bottom teams have a better winning percentage when ousthot than when being the outshooting party, the Avs being one of them. How strange!

Tonight's game is yet more evidence that the Avs need Parise or somebody like him.

Old
03-29-2012, 12:02 AM
TheFactor
Johnny Malkin

Quote:
Originally Posted by CunniJA View Post
I think that of those two, the one that would make the biggest impact is Parise. The defense took a huge step up this year. All it takes is a quick look at the GAA to see that. What really killed them in most games that they lost badly was either a lack of opportunities entirely or just a lack of finishing; Parise would help tremendously in that regard. Don't get me wrong though, Suter would still be quite an impact player.
We've fell short in so many games this year by one goal. I think we have the most one goal games this year in the league. So a guy like parise would provide us with a lil more offence and help us even out that deficit. Or we can add Suter who would prevent goals from going in. I think if we get at least one of them we could see ourselves much higher in the standings

TheFactor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2012, 12:10 AM
CunniJA

I agree. Now if KSE would just stop being a stingy *******, it could happen.

Old
03-29-2012, 12:21 AM
Avs_19
Peter the Great

vCash: 645
Quote:
Originally Posted by CunniJA View Post
I agree. Now if KSE would just stop being a stingy *******, it could happen.
Doesn't matter how much money they spend and who they bring in. As long as Sacco is still the head coach, this team isn't going anywhere.

Avs_19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2012, 12:37 AM
foppagirl21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs_19 View Post
Doesn't matter how much money they spend and who they bring in. As long as Sacco is still the head coach, this team isn't going anywhere.
How do we know? The players seem to really like him (at least what we see in the media). I honestly do not know what the team's potential is with v without Sacco.

But on a different note, I am very proud of the Avs this season. They proved the hockey world wrong by NOT being the cellar-dwellers as anticipated. The youngest AND cheapest team fought for the majority of the season for a playoff spot. Just look at some of the teams eliminated before the Avs. Yes, tonight stunk and stung, but this should add character to the guys and get them more prepared for next season. Oh, not to mention these guys FINALLY got to play a whole season together.

foppagirl21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2012, 12:44 AM
TwoPadStack
Gross Misconduct

I love the Colorado Avalanche.

I love our players, I love our appreciation for past players, I love Denver, I love our corny broadcast team, I love our silly beat writer, I love how irrational we all are, I love our jersey, I love our acknowledgment of the Nordiques, I love Adam Deadmarsh's fat ass, I love our fans from everywhere, I love our passion to defend this team. I hate Kevin Porter.

Our triumphs will be sweeter as a result of our defeats.

P.S.: I love you all.

TwoPadStack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2012, 12:45 AM
Congo Jack
Hello M'Lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoPadStack View Post

I love our players, I love our appreciation for past players, I love Denver, I love our corny broadcast team, I love our silly beat writer, I love how irrational we all are, I love our jersey, I love our acknowledgment of the Nordiques, I love Adam Deadmarsh's fat ass, I love our fans from everywhere, I love our passion to defend this team. I hate Kevin Porter.

I think your the first person to ever say that....out loud.

And awh group hug!

Congo Jack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2012, 01:16 AM
CunniJA

Well, minus Julie Browman, the broadcast team isn't so bad.

Old
03-29-2012, 01:18 AM
BrickAHL
#NotUs

vCash: 432
Quote:

Is Kevin Porter actually a bad guy or do you just hate him because of his crappy play.

BrickAHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2012, 06:48 AM
Aerolanche

Quote:
Originally Posted by foppagirl21 View Post
How do we know? The players seem to really like him (at least what we see in the media). I honestly do not know what the team's potential is with v without Sacco.
I don't know how much the players like him. Quincey, though he was a d-bag, seemed pretty happy to be traded, and mentioned that some other guys were jealous. I didn't think much of it until Winnik was traded to San Jose and Galiardi said in an interview that he told him to "take me with you" before he found out he was actually part of the deal as well. Then again, Sacco clearly hated Galiardi.

I hope the players like him if he's going to be around. I just don't think he handles these guys properly. I hate his inconsistent lines, but at least he is starting to find some combinations to stick with (O'Reilly-Landeskog, Stastny-Jones, etc.)

http://www.aspechockey.com
Avalanche SPECulation, prospects and news.
Aerolanche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2012, 06:53 AM
Flanagan
Registered Loser

vCash: 650
Well I can say this:

Watching this season was a hell of a lot more fun than last year. Even though we won't be in the playoffs, at least the games mattered right down to the very end.

Thanks Avalanche!

Flanagan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2012, 07:27 AM
The Shermanator
Knee Brace Season

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrickAHL View Post
Is Kevin Porter actually a bad guy or do you just hate him because of his crappy play.
He is a terrible, terrible person.

The Shermanator is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2012, 09:51 AM
TwoPadStack
Gross Misconduct

Quote:
He's a quiet guy. I just absolutely hate him as a hockey player.

Old
03-29-2012, 10:18 AM
IWantSakicAsMyGM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerolanche View Post
I don't know how much the players like him. Quincey, though he was a d-bag, seemed pretty happy to be traded, and mentioned that some other guys were jealous. I didn't think much of it until Winnik was traded to San Jose and Galiardi said in an interview that he told him to "take me with you" before he found out he was actually part of the deal as well. Then again, Sacco clearly hated Galiardi.

I hope the players like him if he's going to be around. I just don't think he handles these guys properly. I hate his inconsistent lines, but at least he is starting to find some combinations to stick with (O'Reilly-Landeskog, Stastny-Jones, etc.)
Last night during the broadcast, McNab mentioned that Sacco is very consistent in switching up the lines when the team isn't scoring, and it got me thinking.

You have 2 lines that are playing very well, but rather than let them continue to play together, you juggle the lines because the team is struggling to score. If a line has good chemistry and the ability to score goals, and you break them up because the team isn't scoring, doesn't that actually reduce the chance that the team is going to score? I get that it gets players out there against different matchups, but if they aren't in sync with their linemates, what does it matter?

IWantSakicAsMyGM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2012, 10:43 AM
henchman24
#ImagineAvs

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFactor View Post
We've fell short in so many games this year by one goal. I think we have the most one goal games this year in the league. So a guy like parise would provide us with a lil more offence and help us even out that deficit. Or we can add Suter who would prevent goals from going in. I think if we get at least one of them we could see ourselves much higher in the standings
We probably have a better shot at Parise than we do Suter. Having played with Johnson and Stastny before, having a big need at wing that he could fill, he would have a big leadership role right away, enough cap space to offer him 7+ and still have room, a current system that could fit his style of play well, opportunity to play on a line with Stastny or Duchene, etc. There are a lot of positives to Parise signing here. I don't think we have much of a shot with Suter unless Suter and Parise do a package deal sort of thing.

I think the Avs will look at the scoring issues as something of a byproduct from Duchene having a bad year and something a fully healthy Mueller can help solve. I don't agree, but I don't see much happening that would bring in a top 6 forward.

henchman24 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2012, 10:53 AM
Bubba Thudd
#AvsNewAge

Quote:
Originally Posted by henchman24 View Post
We probably have a better shot at Parise than we do Suter. Having played with Johnson and Stastny before, having a big need at wing that he could fill, he would have a big leadership role right away, enough cap space to offer him 7+ and still have room, a current system that could fit his style of play well, opportunity to play on a line with Stastny or Duchene, etc. There are a lot of positives to Parise signing here. I don't think we have much of a shot with Suter unless Suter and Parise do a package deal sort of thing.

I think the Avs will look at the scoring issues as something of a byproduct from Duchene having a bad year and something a fully healthy Mueller can help solve. I don't agree, but I don't see much happening that would bring in a top 6 forward.
Do they have the same agent?

Bubba Thudd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2012, 10:56 AM
shadow1

vCash: 1210
Quote:
SOB sucks, he doesn't belong in this league.
He's had a strong season, but a slow finish. Somehow, in the eyes of wishy washy Avalanche fans, this makes him a non-NHL talent.

shadow1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2012, 10:56 AM
Ivan13
Avs/Habs fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba Thudd View Post
Do they have the same agent?
I think they do.

Ivan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2012, 02:21 PM
BrickAHL
#NotUs

vCash: 432
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow1 View Post
He's had a strong season, but a slow finish. Somehow, in the eyes of wishy washy Avalanche fans, this makes him a non-NHL talent.
I would have told you the same thing in November/December.

BrickAHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2012, 02:32 PM
TwoPadStack
Gross Misconduct

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan13 View Post
I think they do.
Nah.

Parise - Wade Arnott
Suter - Neil Sheehy

Old
03-29-2012, 02:48 PM
Ivan13
Avs/Habs fan

Quote:
Nah.

Parise - Wade Arnott
Suter - Neil Sheehy
Thanks for the info, I tought I saw somewhere that they have the same agent.

Ivan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2012, 03:20 PM
Bubba Thudd
#AvsNewAge

Quote:
Nah.

Parise - Wade Arnott
Suter - Neil Sheehy
I would think that would make it harder to sign both of them as a package deal.

Any of our guys use Arnott or Sheehy?

Bubba Thudd is online now   Reply With Quote