HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Avs @ Canucks Wed 28th March 8 PM MST | We've used up our quota of must win games.

Closed Thread

Old
03-29-2012, 03:00 PM
Landeslog

vCash: 500
I'm really sad

Anyways, at least we got were we got this season because of team play and not just riding a hot goalie. I think we're better off for next year than we were after 09. And the kids won't get too cocky. I think that may have been Duchene's issue after last year. Like "hey I went from 55 points to 67, I don't have to work too hard". Now he knows that he has a ton of improving to do.

We'll make it next year

Old
03-29-2012, 03:15 PM
cgf
Aves Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxOfChocolates View Post
Not if we want to make the playoffs next year. Down the road maybe. ( I also don't get the Gaunce hype but whatever)
Yeah, but had we gone with Barrie instead of Elliott at the start of the year he'd be a lot more experienced and by the end of next season both he and Gaunce could be experienced enough to get put together. Especially if we are able to add that top line D man to pair with EJ, so that Barrie and Gaunce can spend next season alongside Hejda and O'Byrne respectively getting experience alongside a careful vet who can cover for them. Would also let Elliott spend the year in the AHL working on his game so that he can make good on all of that potential that oozes outta the kid.

As for the appeal of Gaunce it's that he seems like he could end up a consistent version of the player Quincey can be when he's playing well and not going full ******. He's strong and physical in his own zone with good instincts, has turned himself into a good skater and is good with the puck on his stick. That's a very useful and versatile player who can be an excellent #3 Dman. Plus he seems on the brink of breaking into the NHL once there's some openings for a young defensively sound dmen.

Old
03-29-2012, 03:17 PM
Bubba Thudd
Infer-Action!!!

vCash: 7757
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgf View Post
Yeah, but had we gone with Barrie instead of Elliott at the start of the year he'd be a lot more experienced and by the end of next season both he and Gaunce could be experienced enough to get put together. Especially if we are able to add that top line D man to pair with EJ. Let Barrie and Gaunce spend next season alongside Hejda and O'Byrne respectively getting experience along a careful vet who can cover for them.

As for the appeal of Gaunce it's that he seems like he could end up a consistent version of the player Quincey can be when he's playing well and not going full ******. He's strong and physical in his own zone with good instincts, has turned himself into a good skater and is good with the puck on his stick. That's a very useful and versatile player who can be an excellent #3 Dman. Plus he seems on the brink of breaking into the NHL once there's some openings for a young defensively sound dmen.
Good outlet pass? Quick decisions? How's his shot? A cannon?

Old
03-29-2012, 03:29 PM
The Kingslayer

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoPadStack View Post
Oh no, you hate me now.
Nah no hate bro

Old
03-29-2012, 04:05 PM
The Shermanator
Regular Sized Rudy

vCash: 177
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrickAHL View Post
It makes sense that you hate yourself. If I was Kevin Porter I also would hate myself.

We all know Kevin Porter loves himself.

"I played great today"

Old
03-29-2012, 04:06 PM
cgf
Aves Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba Thudd View Post
Good outlet pass? Quick decisions? How's his shot? A cannon?
His passes impress me more than his shot and at the AHL level he makes quick decisions, if that's the case in the NHL he'll be a very good offensive player. Maybe not the same cannon Quincey had but it's a good hard shot that he gets on net well at the level he's playing. I've seen him show a little bit of everything at a competent level. Which parts already translate to the NHL, which parts will need work and which parts will become strengths still isn't obvious, but I think it's not unrealistic to think he can become a more consistent version of quincey with a little less speed, a little less boom on his slapper, but also a hell of a lot less random falling, ******** penalties, giveaways and just absent minded coasting.

Old
03-29-2012, 07:01 PM
PeterTheGreat

Quote:
His passes impress me more than his shot and at the AHL level he makes quick decisions, if that's the case in the NHL he'll be a very good offensive player. Maybe not the same cannon Quincey had but it's a good hard shot that he gets on net well at the level he's playing. I've seen him show a little bit of everything at a competent level. Which parts already translate to the NHL, which parts will need work and which parts will become strengths still isn't obvious, but I think it's not unrealistic to think he can become a more consistent version of quincey with a little less speed, a little less boom on his slapper, but also a hell of a lot less random falling, ******** penalties, giveaways and just absent minded coasting.
Yea I remember watching him play in Mississauga and I was very impressed. Smart player with nice 2 way ability. Kind of a jack of all trades master of none.

I'd like to see him get in there the last 3 games.

Time to shutdown EJ, Dutchy, Downie and whoever else may be hurting. We need them healthy for next year.

Old
03-30-2012, 01:08 AM
benzino

Quote:

Just wait until Avs current coaching staff get their hands on him and turn him into a soft turnover machine

Old
03-30-2012, 09:14 AM
Frenchy
Mod Supervisor

One of you guys should start the GDT for tonight's game .

Old
03-30-2012, 09:17 AM
Freudian
Slightly overpaid

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenchy View Post
One of you guys should start the GDT for tonight's game .
If one is not up in two-three hours I'll make a really ****** one just to have a place to doom and gloom it up.

Old
03-30-2012, 09:19 AM
Frenchy
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freudian View Post
If one is not up in two-three hours I'll make a really ****** one just to have a place to doom and gloom it up.
ok good , coz the Nucks Thread is about to get lock soon

Closed Thread