HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Patrick Roy to hold press conference tonight

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-29-2012, 03:17 PM
  #51
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger
 
MasterDecoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Beijing
Posts: 12,576
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habaneros View Post
Here is latest on what's comin from Roy

http://www.cyberpresse.ca/le-soleil/...8_section_pos2
so what you're saying is: "look at me, look at me"

MasterDecoy is offline  
Old
03-29-2012, 03:19 PM
  #52
McSorleyStick
GIJON !
 
McSorleyStick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: 221B Baker Street
Posts: 17,893
vCash: 500
" I had a poutine for lunch; I feel drowsy "

McSorleyStick is offline  
Old
03-29-2012, 03:35 PM
  #53
domdo345
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 1,139
vCash: 500
I'd like Roy as a coach and I also think we should give a tryout to his son Fred Roy. This guy is a Marchand in the making. If anyone follows the Q, he is one of the most effective player to get under opposition's skin. He's small but really stiff and solid on his skates. At first, I thought he was there because of his father but I was wrong, he has talent. After that, I though he had a good season because of Grigo but that's not true neither. He is a very effective player in his role and would be gold on a 3rd line.

Edit: inb4 hate train.

domdo345 is offline  
Old
03-29-2012, 03:40 PM
  #54
chaosrevolver
Snubbed Again
 
chaosrevolver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,547
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldthorpe View Post
I don't want Brisebois as GM, it's not because of you have been a mediocre defenseman in the NHL and you race cars that you can suddenly become the manager of a pro franchise.
Get to know the situation.

http://blogs.edmontonjournal.com/201...the-big-chair/

chaosrevolver is offline  
Old
03-29-2012, 03:40 PM
  #55
JGRB
#EllerThugLife
 
JGRB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,485
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by domdo345 View Post
I'd like Roy as a coach and I also think we should give a tryout to his son Fred Roy. This guy is a Marchand in the making. If anyone follows the Q, he is one of the most effective player to get under opposition's skin. He's small but really stiff and solid on his skates. At first, I thought he was there because of his father but I was wrong, he has talent. After that, I though he had a good season because of Grigo but that's not true neither. He is a very effective player in his role and would be gold on a 3rd line.

Edit: inb4 hate train.
Roy makes sense to me as a coach. I like guys with fire (like Torts, Ruff, etc) and I think that's exactly what this young team needs right now. Roy commands as much respect as anyone in the hockey world, and especially if he's behind the bench of the Habs. You can question his tactical decisions on the ice, but he has been good in junior and eventually he's going to get a chance.

I think Roy coming in, you'd see a quantom jump in Subban's development because they have the same attitude towards the game and Roy would know exactly how to fire him up even more.

JGRB is offline  
Old
03-29-2012, 03:41 PM
  #56
domdo345
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 1,139
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosrevolver View Post
I think he was talking about Patrice Brisebois lol

domdo345 is offline  
Old
03-29-2012, 03:43 PM
  #57
The Gal Pals
Breaking Hab
 
The Gal Pals's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,849
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by domdo345 View Post
I'd like Roy as a coach and I also think we should give a tryout to his son Fred Roy. This guy is a Marchand in the making. If anyone follows the Q, he is one of the most effective player to get under opposition's skin. He's small but really stiff and solid on his skates. At first, I thought he was there because of his father but I was wrong, he has talent. After that, I though he had a good season because of Grigo but that's not true neither. He is a very effective player in his role and would be gold on a 3rd line.

Edit: inb4 hate train.
His son is having a good yr as a 20 yr old playing with Grigorenko. His numbers in prior yrs are nothing to write home about. There's a reason he was never drafted.

The Gal Pals is offline  
Old
03-29-2012, 03:45 PM
  #58
ROSSter
Registered User
 
ROSSter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia
Country: Canada
Posts: 968
vCash: 500
Is her bringing his talents to South Beach?

ROSSter is offline  
Old
03-29-2012, 03:47 PM
  #59
llamateizer
Registered User
 
llamateizer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Montreal
Country:
Posts: 5,967
vCash: 500
I have respect for Roy but he has a "face a claque"

llamateizer is offline  
Old
03-29-2012, 03:50 PM
  #60
domdo345
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 1,139
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by airic000 View Post
His son is having a good yr as a 20 yr old playing with Grigorenko. His numbers in prior yrs are nothing to write home about. There's a reason he was never drafted.
Give the guy a tryout that's all i asked. And he's playing with different linemates and still producing. It's not always about points, it's the way he gets so easily under opposition's skin while producing. But like I said, the hate will be too big.

Edit: nothing to lose giving a simple tryout.

domdo345 is offline  
Old
03-29-2012, 03:55 PM
  #61
chaosrevolver
Snubbed Again
 
chaosrevolver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,547
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by domdo345 View Post
I think he was talking about Patrice Brisebois lol
I'm aware. Hence why I said, "Get to know the situation."

chaosrevolver is offline  
Old
03-29-2012, 04:01 PM
  #62
ClasslessGuy
Registered User
 
ClasslessGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: St-Jean, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,354
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosrevolver View Post
I'm aware. Hence why I said, "Get to know the situation."
Hope his post was not serious

ClasslessGuy is offline  
Old
03-29-2012, 04:05 PM
  #63
Pedro McGuire*
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 725
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by chewBACHa View Post
I have respect for Roy but he has a "face a claque"
and......were you attracted to Jacques Martin and Randy Cunneyworth? did Guy Carboneau tickle your fancy maybe??

Pedro McGuire* is offline  
Old
03-29-2012, 04:07 PM
  #64
chaosrevolver
Snubbed Again
 
chaosrevolver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,547
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClasslessGuy View Post
Hope his post was not serious
He probably just hasn't read up on the GM stuff that much and saw "Brisebois" and flipped out.

chaosrevolver is offline  
Old
03-29-2012, 05:26 PM
  #65
habtastic
Registered User
 
habtastic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Mumbai via MTL
Country: India
Posts: 9,583
vCash: 500
Given the French mandate that has no been officially imposed (not happy about it, we're taking steps back if the best GM we can get has to be French, cuz that list is a lot longer than available coaches), I HOPE it's to name him coach cuz I can't think of any better French ones and I think there's been an exercise in this.

Would be weird to hire a coach before a GM though.

habtastic is offline  
Old
03-29-2012, 05:45 PM
  #66
Goldthorpe
Meditating Guru
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Montreal
Posts: 4,620
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosrevolver View Post
He probably just hasn't read up on the GM stuff that much and saw "Brisebois" and flipped out.
It was a joke, an earlier poster made the same error with regard to Savard and anyway...

carry on.

Goldthorpe is offline  
Old
03-29-2012, 05:51 PM
  #67
Nicko999
Registered User
 
Nicko999's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,390
vCash: 2100
It's done guys...


Nicko999 is offline  
Old
03-29-2012, 05:54 PM
  #68
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 5,859
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicko999 View Post
It's done guys...

wow Rds must be physic?

Habaneros is offline  
Old
03-29-2012, 05:56 PM
  #69
Pedro McGuire*
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 725
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habtastic View Post
Given the French mandate that has no been officially imposed (not happy about it, we're taking steps back if the best GM we can get has to be French, cuz that list is a lot longer than available coaches), I HOPE it's to name him coach cuz I can't think of any better French ones and I think there's been an exercise in this.

Would be weird to hire a coach before a GM though.
Come on man....Molson is trying to re-establish a bit of dignity and class to the organization....as if they would not let Cunneyworth finish the season before making him feel completely useless and replace him with someone who isnt even finished is own season. Not going to happen. Surely this alleged press conference tonight has nothing to do with the habs at all.

Pedro McGuire* is offline  
Old
03-29-2012, 05:57 PM
  #70
Go Habs Go
Registered User
 
Go Habs Go's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Mississauga
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,451
vCash: 500
Looking at Roy is making me feel old

Go Habs Go is offline  
Old
03-29-2012, 06:12 PM
  #71
Shadyone33
Registered User
 
Shadyone33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,205
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HomaridII View Post
Bet you he takes himself out of the running
My money is on this. He doesn't want it to be a distraction to his current situation so he'll shut it down.

Shadyone33 is offline  
Old
03-29-2012, 06:13 PM
  #72
FiveForDrawingBlood
Registered User
 
FiveForDrawingBlood's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 1,477
vCash: 500
I think Roy leading candidate to be head coach, if he wants it? But he may stay in Quebec City if Nordiques return. I cannot see him turning down this opportunity however as Nord's situation is cloudy. Roy has good will to win and work hard two skills I admire in success. Roy coach with cap specialist like Julien Brisebois as the GM? Habs now facing contract situations and financial is taking bigger role in today's game. Maybe with Roy having input with roster moves? Possibly vet like Serge Savard sticks around for a year or two to add splash of front office experience as advisor to 2 rookies at their new positions?

Overall, good to hear of today's changes, feels like breathe of fresh air! I like most welcome the changes. Kind of puzzled by the timing as cannot see why not wait until season's end? These kinds of firings generally spark a team for short term likely affect our draft position by 2-3 positions. The extra 10 days cannot see as real factor as many candidates will not be available for interview until their teams are eliminated from playoffs. Guys like Jim Nill, Brisebois, Bergevin, etc...

Good to see Serge Savard back with the CH. Never agreed with his firing back in '95. Thought he was let go too quick after many years of proven success and only missing playoff 1 year by 3 points on strike short season. Habs were many years getting back to where they were at his firing.

Savard had many good policies I liked. Scouted QMJHL heavily because it was way old Habs teams were built by investing well in Q. He wanted players who understood what it meant to wear CH and use to hockey mad area in Quebec. Even resulted in a few draft steals/finds like Roy in 3rd round, Claude Lemieux, Eric Desjardins, Richer to mention a few.

I also liked his big, physical teams that were never pushed around. Nilan, McPhee, Odelein need I say more. Love the '80s Habs as they were full of character and played well together as a team. We had some great springs back then, not just Roy years but Steve Penney year was special also.

FiveForDrawingBlood is offline  
Old
03-29-2012, 06:15 PM
  #73
Shadyone33
Registered User
 
Shadyone33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,205
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Habs Go View Post
Looking at Roy is making me feel old
Just thinking the same thing!

Shadyone33 is offline  
Old
03-29-2012, 06:22 PM
  #74
coolasprICE
Registered User
 
coolasprICE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,768
vCash: 500
'' It took me many years to make a decision, but i have finally decided to fix my nose ''

coolasprICE is offline  
Old
03-29-2012, 06:22 PM
  #75
SAKS AVENUE
Registered User
 
SAKS AVENUE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 608
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by domdo345 View Post
I'd like Roy as a coach and I also think we should give a tryout to his son Fred Roy. This guy is a Marchand in the making. If anyone follows the Q, he is one of the most effective player to get under opposition's skin. He's small but really stiff and solid on his skates. At first, I thought he was there because of his father but I was wrong, he has talent. After that, I though he had a good season because of Grigo but that's not true neither. He is a very effective player in his role and would be gold on a 3rd line.

Edit: inb4 hate train.

That would be awesome. Then at every practice of the future we could watch him and Nathan duke it out with Patrick breaking it up.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HKFzNKVXmH4

how the hell do you imbed?

SAKS AVENUE is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:49 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.