HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Leafs vs Somebody - Tonight at some point

Closed Thread

Old
03-29-2012, 03:39 PM
Eb
TML

vCash: 150
Quote:
Originally Posted by EucaLEAFtys View Post
Exactly what I was just thinking.

Let him serve as the team's top tank commander for the remainder of the season and then let him walk on July 1st. There's no point in risking the mental health of either Rynnas or Scrivens when both of them can still help the Marlies with their play-off aspirations.

I also think that a couple posters on the first page are being just a tad harsh. Granted, Gustavsson has had some pretty ****** performances this season, but he has also had some pretty good performances as well. His probelms this season were clearly a lack of consistency combined with being repeatedly hung out to dry by the rest of the team far too often. It wouldn't surprise me if Gustavsson's head had been messed with by Allaire just as badly as Reimer's head has been messed with. That alone could easily screw up any relatively young and inexperienced goaltender.

Don't get me wrong here; I DON'T want Gustavsson re-signed. I'm merely saying that he's not even close to being "****ing putrid", as a previous poster has claimed.
Good post. Completely agree with everything.

Old
03-29-2012, 03:41 PM
Kb21

vCash: 500
i fully expect hartnell to destroy phaneuf and then go about telling him to "suck it"

Old
03-29-2012, 03:54 PM
Erza Scarlet
following the mantle

Quote:
Originally Posted by EucaLEAFtys View Post
Exactly what I was just thinking.

Let him serve as the team's top tank commander for the remainder of the season and then let him walk on July 1st. There's no point in risking the mental health of either Rynnas or Scrivens when both of them can still help the Marlies with their play-off aspirations.

I also think that a couple posters on the first page are being just a tad harsh. Granted, Gustavsson has had some pretty ****** performances this season, but he has also had some pretty good performances as well. His probelms this season were clearly a lack of consistency combined with being repeatedly hung out to dry by the rest of the team far too often. It wouldn't surprise me if Gustavsson's head had been messed with by Allaire just as badly as Reimer's head has been messed with. That alone could easily screw up any relatively young and inexperienced goaltender.

Don't get me wrong here; I DON'T want Gustavsson re-signed. I'm merely saying that he's not even close to being "****ing putrid", as a previous poster has claimed.
Reimer was having success playing Allaires systems last year, I don't think Alliaire is the problem. It's likely a combination of sophomore slump and concussion (that he may have been still dealing with) that's factored into his play this year. Not the only 1st year goaltender to have him struggle and his stats go down the next year. I'm not sure if he'll rebound but I don't think he's as bad as he's shown this season. Guys' like Price, Quick, etc went through the same thing.

Old
03-29-2012, 03:55 PM
TrueBlue86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kb21 View Post
i fully expect hartnell to destroy phaneuf and then go about telling him to "suck it"
yea because this regularly happens right....? ... idiot

people heard that one quote and they're clinging onto it like monkeys

if we only heard everything they say to each other. you probably hear way more worse things than suck it 50 times/ game

Old
03-29-2012, 04:00 PM
Thrillingbroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueBlue86 View Post
yea because this regularly happens right....? ... idiot

people heard that one quote and they're clinging onto it like monkeys

if we only heard everything they say to each other. you probably hear way more worse things than suck it 50 times/ game
I like the Neon Dion nickname better

Old
03-29-2012, 04:01 PM
Beleafer4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf Rocket View Post
bobrovsky can be available apparently.
Link?

Old
03-29-2012, 04:16 PM
Erza Scarlet
following the mantle

never mind, flyers have won 10 of 12 past us in the last 3 years so probably good day.

Old
03-29-2012, 04:34 PM
Hyperglide

I expect a well earned L for the tank tonight. Flyers always dominate the Leafs.

Old
03-29-2012, 04:37 PM
spidergoalie

Quote:
Originally Posted by iArts View Post
Gus and Reimer both have around the same numbers this year. Gus = worst goalie in the NHL. Reimer = messiah.
Always easier to win an argument if you make it up.

I'm pretty sure the last time someone thought Reimer was the Messiah, it was last season.

Still your made up argument proves what I've been saying all along.
Gus at his best has been marginally better than Reimer at his worst.

It is too bad though because I think Gus seems like a really good guy, and he has gone through a lot at a young age. I still think he is a victim of circumstance. He should have had a two way deal and started off in the AHL instead of being forced to try to solve the Toskala problem. He was rushed into too much pressure too soon. I don't disagree that he might do much better elsewhere. I doubt he will ever be a top 10 goalie or anything, but I think he would benefit from a different (and smaller) market.

Last thing on the goalie situation...more and more I think a veteran has to come via trade. I'm just not very excited by the UFA's available, and I think Burke will be desperate to make a big splash with a big name. Otherwise we all better pray Reimer IS the messiah.

Old
03-29-2012, 04:40 PM
Jaqen

I'm expecting them to inexplicably win this game somehow.

Old
03-29-2012, 05:14 PM
Doshy

I forgot there was a game today lol. I didn't realize until my phone alerted me of it.

Old
03-29-2012, 05:16 PM
JMcLeaf
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

We're going to win this game because of BOBROVSKY!!!!!!!

Old
03-29-2012, 05:18 PM
blasted_Sabre
Global Moderator
Warden of the North

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Gilmour View Post
2006-07 Curtis Joseph went 18-31-2 with Phoenix, and 2008-09 Curtis Joseph played 21 games going 5-9-1 for us, now that must instantly make him the one of the worst goalies to play the game ever with your logic, right? I hope if Burke doesn't re-sign him that he goes to a team where he has a stellar season and he shuts us out every meeting just to prove a point to posters like you.

Gus is coming back whether you like it or not. Burke said repeatedly after January that Gus saved the season after Reimer went down. I would think that is a vote of approval from management. Burke is going to experiment again with an unexperienced goalie tandem, without having them first play behind a veteran.

I can't wait for these last 5 games to be over. We honestly have no chance against Philly tonight without icing a complete healthy team. Plus Philly is playing for something. We don't need to play for what we are going for.
Thats not happening. Burke's not going into next season with the same duo, and I see it as highly unlikely Reimer gets dealt.

Old
03-29-2012, 05:23 PM
Penalty Kill Icing*
Fire Carlyle

vCash: 140
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMcLeaf View Post
We're going to win this game because of BOBROVSKY!!!!!!!
There has to be something about the urban legends called "Goaltenders of Philadelphia flyers".. first Bobrovksy, and then renaissance man Bryz!

Closed Thread