HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > San Jose Sharks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Sharks at Ducks-Sharks of Rage! 03/28/2012 7:00 PM -NBCSN(HD), CSN-CA(HD), KFOX

Old
03-29-2012, 02:22 AM
Plowevelski
:-)) Torres Fan Club

vCash: 500
After that super epic Hiller glove save on Pavs I was like YEAAAHH so many fond memories of that great playoff series...

Why do we always get owned by this vertigo-addled dork and turn him into super Roy and we went 1-5 against the mickey mouse club this year but beat plenty of good teams? Lol. I forget who mentioned the stat during the game but we suck vs. low standings teams and that's why were fighting for a playoff spot.

Anyway I'm still of the mindset of who cares if they make the playoffs or not, it might just be more embarrassing with an early exit. Plus the Sharks can be regular season chokers now if we come up short at the end

Plowevelski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2012, 02:36 AM
Kitten Mittons

Man, this team sucks.

Kitten Mittons is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2012, 09:42 AM
Cashville
RIP Lindback

vCash: 1225
Tough loss guys, but man your GDT OP post is f-ing fantastic! I always check the Sharks GDTs because 90% of the time they are awesome.

Cashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2012, 09:46 AM
do0glas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cashville View Post
Tough loss guys, but man your GDT OP post is f-ing fantastic! I always check the Sharks GDTs because 100% of the time they are awesome.
FTFY

do0glas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2012, 09:50 AM
Stickmata

Watching that game last night I just got more and more pissed off about how the league has let interference creep back into the game and how it helps teams like the Ducks who play a clog up, stagnant defensive system. If the refs called the game the way it's supposed to be called, either the Ducks would have paraded to the box or the Sharks would have blown by their defense. There were so many interferences and hooks that would have been called a few years ago, including on that last goal, which never would have happened without the hook that preceded it. It's obvious the league is trying to slow the game down to protect the players, but it's really gotten ridiculous. I felt like I was watching a Colorado game with an aging Adam Foote on defense.

All that said, I don't think the Sharks could have played a softer game if they dressed a bag of marshmallows.

Stickmata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2012, 09:51 AM
WineShark
HFBoards Sponsor

As much as I'm not a Ray Ratto fan, his analysis last night post game was a good one. He cited several players who didn't seem to bring their A game. Most notably Marleau. That said, I was less impressed with Moore who is a give away machine on the boards.

I was also watching Havlatt skate and it seems he is not making the kind of cuts he made his first game back, nor is he skating up the ice with authority or pushing off hard. He did have a maintenance day... so I'm wondering if he is playing at 70%?

The other thing I noticed is the physical play. I always think the Sharks play better when the other team tries to play physically. It seems to wake the team up at times. I didn't see much of the physical play last night. No big checks and nasty play .... limited penalty calls. Basically it seems the Ducks let the sleeping Sharks sleep. I'd like to see the Sharks themselves combat that with a little more edge and finishing some checks.

03-29-2012, 10:04 AM
HOOCH2173
That HOOCH is Crazy!

vCash: 516
Well that was craptastic!

Seeing it live was even worse. But to go on the missed calls from the ref's I was in the lower bowl and some of those Interefernce and hooking calls were marginal at best (i hate saying that) but i put myself in the ref's position and was meh that's ok I can let that go. (yeesh).

Missed opps were Jumbo wide open net and pavs wide open net.

I laughed when Hiller was trying to tell the ref that was slashed by a Sharks player and it was his own player that slashed him. The ref just stared him down. There probably was an eye roll there from the ref. haha.

You know something was a miss when even Duck fans around me told me that should not have been a goal! (not like it mattered).

But yes a lot more Shark fans there last night than Ducks so when Clowe scored we cheered loudly as well as the Let's go SHARKS chant which people confuse with the DUCKS chant.

Oh and I love how the guy next to me wouldn't say anything at first but would just keep looking up at their SC banner as if to try and tell me something. jeez. lame Duck fans!

Ok now move onto PHX and get those 2 pts back!

HOOCH2173 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2012, 10:19 AM
Gene Parmesan
Ice up, son.

It was a road game played at home by Anaheim. They were conservative and clogged up the neutral zone and the Sharks didn't help themselves with turnovers.

Gene Parmesan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2012, 12:44 PM
Tkachuk4MVP
22 Years of Fail

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOOCH2173 View Post
Well that was craptastic!

Seeing it live was even worse. But to go on the missed calls from the ref's I was in the lower bowl and some of those Interefernce and hooking calls were marginal at best (i hate saying that) but i put myself in the ref's position and was meh that's ok I can let that go. (yeesh).

Missed opps were Jumbo wide open net and pavs wide open net.

I laughed when Hiller was trying to tell the ref that was slashed by a Sharks player and it was his own player that slashed him. The ref just stared him down. There probably was an eye roll there from the ref. haha.

You know something was a miss when even Duck fans around me told me that should not have been a goal! (not like it mattered).

But yes a lot more Shark fans there last night than Ducks so when Clowe scored we cheered loudly as well as the Let's go SHARKS chant which people confuse with the DUCKS chant.

Oh and I love how the guy next to me wouldn't say anything at first but would just keep looking up at their SC banner as if to try and tell me something. jeez. lame Duck fans!

Ok now move onto PHX and get those 2 pts back!

Yeah i was surprised to get home and find so many people on here complaining about the refs, because from ice level I didn't see a whole lot to complain about.

Tkachuk4MVP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2012, 03:47 PM
tHeExIsTeNtIaLiSt

anyone hear about Murray getting injured? i was at the game and only heard after the game that he left in the 2nd with some injury...any news on that?

tHeExIsTeNtIaLiSt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2012, 03:49 PM
do0glas

Quote:
Originally Posted by tHeExIsTeNtIaLiSt View Post
anyone hear about Murray getting injured? i was at the game and only heard after the game that he left in the 2nd with some injury...any news on that?
honestly,

the way it reads and seeing his play as of late i wouldnt be surprised if he had been pulling a boyle and playing injured. such a dumb thing to do.

do0glas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2012, 03:55 PM
tHeExIsTeNtIaLiSt

Quote:
Originally Posted by do0glas View Post
honestly,

the way it reads and seeing his play as of late i wouldnt be surprised if he had been pulling a boyle and playing injured. such a dumb thing to do.
yea something seems to be wrong.

tHeExIsTeNtIaLiSt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2012, 04:13 PM

vCash: 50
And he isnt playing tonight. Colin White is playing for Cranky tonight.

209 is offline   Reply With Quote