HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Jersey Thread II

Closed Thread

Old
03-24-2012, 12:12 AM
SuperGenius
For Duty & Humanity!

vCash: 500
An instant new favorite. Jody Shelley was one of my favorite early Jackets, and I continue to follow his career. I hope he can somehow retire here and be a part of the organization.

2003-04 CBJ Jody Shelley Home Set 1 - This was the last set of "Stinger" patched jerseys, thank god. This set would have been worn for home games during the 2003-04 preseason and the 10/11/2003 home game versus the Rangers. The new third, home and away styles would be announced 10/13/2003 and the new thirds were worn that night in a home game versus the Canucks. For so few games, this has some slight wear, as well as a huge neck repair and fight strap repair. Shelley had 4 total fights in the home navy that preseason and first home game. I suspect the damage occurred in the preseason because there wouldn't be a reason to repair this one after the last fight, but I have no way of confirming this.

Old
03-24-2012, 11:20 AM
Hockeygirl2748

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperGenius View Post
Congrats on the Kubalik. I know how bad you wanted that one!
Thanks again!

Nice pick up on the Shelley jersey with good wear.

Old
03-24-2012, 02:15 PM
1857 Howitzer
******* Linesman

Another Stinger jersey.

Filled another hole in my collections last night thanks to Wooten (not going to call you by your new name ). Andrew Cassels gamer. This jersey is a little bit of a mystery since it has no set tag. More then likely it was worn during the 2002-2003 season because Cassels would have only worn the Stringer patch jerseys that year and for the preseason and first game of the year in 2003-2004 but like Johns Shelly jersey about would have a set 1 tag in it if it was one of those jerseys. The jersey has a little wear with some burns on the arms and 3 slash marks on the lower front. It also once had an "A" on it.

Last edited by 1857 Howitzer: 03-27-2012 at 11:18 AM.
Old
03-24-2012, 03:51 PM
SuperGenius
For Duty & Humanity!

Got this in today's mail after a long wait. Kind of bittersweet to get it now, hopefully Nash stays and the front office goes. Either way, I will always have fond memories of the 2008-09 season, especially the months this jersey was worn.

2008-09 CBJ Rick Nash Home set 2

Nearly five inch tear on shoulder

Makes it easy to photomatch

Old
03-25-2012, 11:16 AM
IBleedUnionBlue

vCash: 1500
Just got a Koho w/ Stinger patches. According to the guide on IJ (Howitzer put together? ) that jersey would have been used from 00-03. But it would be hard to get the number font for the 00-01 season. Not sure who to put on jersey since I was a CBH fan pre-lockout. Thinking of Knutsen since he was 1st All-Star. Any other suggestions?

Old
03-25-2012, 11:39 AM
SuperGenius
For Duty & Humanity!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBleedUnionBlue View Post
Just got a Koho w/ Stinger patches. According to the guide on IJ (Howitzer put together? ) that jersey would have been used from 00-03. But it would be hard to get the number font for the 00-01 season. Not sure who to put on jersey since I was a CBH fan pre-lockout. Thinking of Knutsen since he was 1st All-Star. Any other suggestions?
Yeah, Howitzer put that together..great guide!

Knutsen, Whitney, Sanderson, Odelein, Tugnutt, Klesla #44, Dineen, Spacek, Vyborny, rookie Nash, Wright...lots of fun memories about those guys.

About doing the 00-01 season, I think the numbers would have to be custom cut..I've never seen a kit like it and even the early customized jerseys have the current kit.

I would love to know the reason why someday. You would think that officially customized stuff would match what the team wore from the same year. It's almost like they changed the official font without changing the team jerseys until season 2.

Old
03-25-2012, 11:44 AM
1857 Howitzer
******* Linesman

Knutsen, Vyborny, Sanderson, Klesla, Shelly, Dineen, Tugnutt, Whitney, Nash and Wright would all be good choices.

Old
03-25-2012, 12:37 PM
Mayor Bee
\/me_____you\/

Quote:
Yeah, Howitzer put that together..great guide!

Knutsen, Whitney, Sanderson, Odelein, Tugnutt, Klesla #44, Dineen, Spacek, Vyborny, rookie Nash, Wright...lots of fun memories about those guys.

About doing the 00-01 season, I think the numbers would have to be custom cut..I've never seen a kit like it and even the early customized jerseys have the current kit.

I would love to know the reason why someday. You would think that officially customized stuff would match what the team wore from the same year. It's almost like they changed the official font without changing the team jerseys until season 2.
The original "final prototype" had a different number font as well.

Also, the first-year jerseys were reverse kiss-cut, so the base later is actually the inner color (blue on the white jersey, white on the blue jersey), with a thin ribbon of red on the border that's actually on top of the base later.

Old
03-25-2012, 08:19 PM
IBleedUnionBlue

Thanks for the names guys. Since there is no rush, I will sit on it for a few weeks till I make a call. But there are some good names to look into on your lists.

Now the only jersey's I dont have is the original 3rd Koho, and this years with the Reebok wordmark. (and I aint buying the indo-edge)

Old
03-28-2012, 10:05 PM
FreeBoomer61

anyone else notice nash is wearing two different jerseys with different styled "C"s on the front? they showed a close up of him in the second with the C outlined in silver (like the number font on our thirds) and later in the third, the outline disappeared (like the NOB).

Old
03-28-2012, 11:37 PM
SuperGenius
For Duty & Humanity!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeBoomer61 View Post
anyone else notice nash is wearing two different jerseys with different styled "C"s on the front? they showed a close up of him in the second with the C outlined in silver (like the number font on our thirds) and later in the third, the outline disappeared (like the NOB).
I'll be darned. I didn't notice it, but I'm watching some of the broadcast and yeah, there it is. I half expected it to be stylized like the C on the early promotional image but there it is, bold and with the outline, nothing like the NOB font or the early promo, but more or less the same as what's on the home and aways.

This looks a LOT better, IMO. I hope they do this with the A's and C's on all thirds from now on.

Looking for pics of the usual "C", I found pics with the thicker C with the outline as far back as the 2/12 Anaheim game, which he also wore both:

I wonder when they started and why they don't do the A's this way too. I'm too lazy to go back further than the 2/12 game but I bet it started post- ASG. Weird...great eye, UnionBlue.

As to switching jerseys, Nash wears at least two if not three per game. When they had the jersey sale, there were two each for Nash for home and away. I think mine from last year is #2.

Last edited by SuperGenius: 03-28-2012 at 11:49 PM.
Old
03-29-2012, 07:18 PM
CBJ Tiffin

Now the question for the Genius is: Will you have to have one of each?

Old
03-29-2012, 07:22 PM
1857 Howitzer
******* Linesman

Noticed that at the beginning of the year. I have noticed that he wears the no outline jersey in the 1st and 3rd and the outline one in the 2nd.

Old
03-29-2012, 10:53 PM
SuperGenius
For Duty & Humanity!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJ Tiffin View Post
Now the question for the Genius is: Will you have to have one of each?
haha...any game worn third would be nice to have!

I do like the look of the normal C. I wish they would do that with all of them plus the A. The way they did them early on, like with the NOB, was lame, I thought. I even liked the stylized C that they had in the promo materials as well as the replicas sold at various shops not called the blue line. (btw, those shirts are junk..very poorly customized and the number materials are all wrong and bad)

Old
03-29-2012, 11:57 PM
Mayor Bee
\/me_____you\/

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1857 Howitzer View Post
Noticed that at the beginning of the year. I have noticed that he wears the no outline jersey in the 1st and 3rd and the outline one in the 2nd.
Heavy sweating is what does it...change from one jersey to the other for the second period, then back to the first for the third period.

Old
03-30-2012, 12:37 AM
SuperGenius
For Duty & Humanity!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayor Bee View Post
Heavy sweating is what does it...change from one jersey to the other for the second period, then back to the first for the third period.
One of many examples of why you should post in this thread more often...

Old
03-30-2012, 12:51 AM
Mayor Bee
\/me_____you\/

Quote:
One of many examples of why you should post in this thread more often...
When someone says that certain areas or cities don't deserve hockey, I'll be there.

When someone concocts a harebrained scheme to "fix the lottery", I'll be there.

When someone says that they'd love for Winnipeg to win a Stanley Cup but wanted Atlanta to wither away and dissolve less than 12 months ago, I'll be there.

When someone suggests Nazem Kadri for any player currently in the NHL who plays at a higher level than a one-legged Ben Eager, I'll be there.

And when I'm there, I'll be prepared to bludgeon them with logic, reason, and common sense.

And when my work is done and everyone thinks before posting, then I'll sit down and start talking jerseys.

Old
03-30-2012, 01:03 AM
SuperGenius
For Duty & Humanity!

Quote:
When someone says that certain areas or cities don't deserve hockey, I'll be there.

When someone concocts a harebrained scheme to "fix the lottery", I'll be there.

When someone says that they'd love for Winnipeg to win a Stanley Cup but wanted Atlanta to wither away and dissolve less than 12 months ago, I'll be there.

When someone suggests Nazem Kadri for any player currently in the NHL who plays at a higher level than a one-legged Ben Eager, I'll be there.

And when I'm there, I'll be prepared to bludgeon them with logic, reason, and common sense.

And when my work is done and everyone thinks before posting, then I'll sit down and start talking jerseys.
So you should have time around 4am or so each night?

Old
03-30-2012, 01:16 AM
Mayor Bee
\/me_____you\/

Quote:
So you should have time around 4am or so each night?
The only reason I'm up this late during the regular season is to update the magic/elimination numbers thread...and occasionally if I'm loaded on caffeine. Of course, I've been mostly caffeine-free for about two months now, so I'm normally gassed by the time the magic numbers get updated.

Or if I find a jersey that I really want to snipe on eBay, but it doesn't end until 2 AM or so...those are always fun.

4 AM as a time to relax? If there's one thing I've learned, it's that knowledge is like jelly...the less one has, the more they spread it around.

Old
03-30-2012, 09:22 AM
1857 Howitzer
******* Linesman

Quote:
Yep, from what I have noticed the players that wear more then one jersey a game ( Mason, Tyutin etc) each have one JHM jersey that was likely one that they wore last season too.

Old
03-30-2012, 03:30 PM
Arch City Zach

Hey, I'm wanting to make a custom T-shirt and I need the official numbering and text font that we use for our away jerseys (making a York shirt so I'd need those letters and #41). Anyone able to help or point me in the right direction so I can make these letters and numbers in Photoshop?

Old
03-30-2012, 05:06 PM
FreeBoomer61

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZachACA View Post
Hey, I'm wanting to make a custom T-shirt and I need the official numbering and text font that we use for our away jerseys (making a York shirt so I'd need those letters and #41). Anyone able to help or point me in the right direction so I can make these letters and numbers in Photoshop?
http://eriqjaffe.50webs.com/

this site has almost everything. download the first hockey one.

Old
03-30-2012, 08:59 PM
gocbj

should I buy it?

No clue on this one - - but I am getting into buying NCAA game worn jerseys because they are very hard to get.

I have a game worn Goloubef Wisconsin jersey that I can get. It is expensive, but these NCAA jerseys are.

Should I pull the trigger? I know, how much?

$750.

Old
03-31-2012, 12:05 AM
IBleedUnionBlue

Congrats to Howitzer whom I believe won a Game Worn tonight.

Old
03-31-2012, 12:32 AM
SuperGenius
For Duty & Humanity!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gocbj View Post
No clue on this one - - but I am getting into buying NCAA game worn jerseys because they are very hard to get.

I have a game worn Goloubef Wisconsin jersey that I can get. It is expensive, but these NCAA jerseys are.

Should I pull the trigger? I know, how much?

$750.
College and/or junior jerseys are really, really tough, IMO, and the opportunity to get one you like doesn't come around often.

That said, $750 is a chunk of change, particularly for a guy who's never played an NHL game. On the surface, it seems very high, but as you said, these are tough to get. The thing you have to consider I suppose is how much demand there really is and if you had to, could you recover what you put into it...and, is that even important to you. When you think of that, and how much you want it, you should have a gut feeling and then run with it.

FWIW, I have a Calvert Wheat Kings jersey that had a similar high price and although I'd lose 50-60% if I had to sell it, I don't regret it one bit. I love the way the kid plays the game, whether he ever has a huge impact at the NHL level or not.

Closed Thread