HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Booth, Reinprecht, 3rd rounder to Vancouver for Samuelsson & Sturm

Old
11-10-2011, 05:36 PM
PanthersRule96

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by adam graves View Post
that would just make a ad trade even worse. fingers crossed not so.
Ehh, not crying over this trade the more time passes. I think Tallon saw booth as damaged goods with a bloated contract. He could have gotten warm and fuzzy and held onto Booth, but to be a good GM you have to have that businessman mentality where you make difficult decisions that are the best for the team (company) even if they may appear as unpopular at the time. I think over time, we'll be glad that we aren't saddled with Booth's contract. Had he been receiving about half of what he got, I'd be saying this was a bad trade, but Sammuelsson may be an upgrade over Booth, plus we can reallocate the money in the offseason with a spot opened up in the top6.

PanthersRule96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2011, 05:49 PM
adam graves
Panthers 17yr sth

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanthersRule96 View Post
Ehh, not crying over this trade the more time passes. I think Tallon saw booth as damaged goods with a bloated contract. He could have gotten warm and fuzzy and held onto Booth, but to be a good GM you have to have that businessman mentality where you make difficult decisions that are the best for the team (company) even if they may appear as unpopular at the time. I think over time, we'll be glad that we aren't saddled with Booth's contract. Had he been receiving about half of what he got, I'd be saying this was a bad trade, but Sammuelsson may be an upgrade over Booth, plus we can reallocate the money in the offseason with a spot opened up in the top6.
Yea I get all that ... I'll feel better though if Samuelson is on board scoring...

adam graves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2011, 07:11 PM
PanthersRule96

Quote:
Yea I get all that ... I'll feel better though if Samuelson is on board scoring...
Same here. I also think if it had been anyone other than Samuelsson, people would be less upset. The fact that he's underwhelmed here probably conjures up poor memories for some, myself included. I didn't think he was very good here at all. He had some talent but was hurt and then blossomed once he left FLA (as many players do).

He's certainly a different player than when he was last here. He also should help out the powerplay a lot.

PanthersRule96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2011, 12:28 PM
zeroG

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanthersRule96 View Post
Same here. I also think if it had been anyone other than Samuelsson, people would be less upset. The fact that he's underwhelmed here probably conjures up poor memories for some, myself included. I didn't think he was very good here at all. He had some talent but was hurt and then blossomed once he left FLA (as many players do).

He's certainly a different player than when he was last here. He also should help out the powerplay a lot.
i wouldn't say he blossomed once he left - he simply went to better teams, was surrounded by better players, better organizations. that stuff matters. you can't do it alone. i think that's what's behind players leaving here and having success elsewhere. you can probably pick an equal number of players who struggled here and went to struggling teams and did nothing. no coincidence.

good thing is that there's a different attitude and different talent level here now. may not be detroit yet but aren't the panthers he remembers.

zeroG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2012, 02:14 AM
Dirkph
Mancrush = Malhotra

In hindsight so far, this turned out to be a pretty good trade for both sides.

Samuelsson is looking like he's been playing decently... and, like with the Vancouver Canucks, is probably bringing his Cup experience to the Panthers.

Dirkph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2012, 02:30 AM
Dread Clawz
Markstrom Rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkph View Post
In hindsight so far, this turned out to be a pretty good trade for both sides.

Samuelsson is looking like he's been playing decently... and, like with the Vancouver Canucks, is probably bringing his Cup experience to the Panthers.
Sammy has been decent, but the most important part of this trade is still that it allows us to resign versteeg and garrison. Whether garry will compromise to fit himself under our budget remains to be seen.

Its good to see booth doing well in Vancouver. He just didn't have a future here.

Dread Clawz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2012, 01:03 PM
lefty2time*

Samuelsson is a pretty good player. I like the deal from a Canucks POV because Booth is younger and we need a player like him. Gritty, crease crasher, 100% effort....kinda like a mini powerforward. He's really turned his game around. After he 'adjusted' to the Canucks system.he's put up good points and goal totals....
Booth will put up 60-70 pts nxt year playing a full season with Kesler.

You guys got cap space..which is good for you next year. Samuelsson will help this year..and maybe next year.
Hard to imagine that you guys couldnt get more for Booth though...like...you gave up a 3rd...i'm sure anothe team would have at least given you guys a 3rd or 2nd for him. Oh wellz... looks like everything worked out for the best though. The panthers are playing well.

lefty2time* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2012, 01:20 PM
adam graves
Panthers 17yr sth

Quote:
Originally Posted by BondratoPalffy View Post
Samuelsson is a pretty good player. I like the deal from a Canucks POV because Booth is younger and we need a player like him. Gritty, crease crasher, 100% effort....kinda like a mini powerforward. He's really turned his game around. After he 'adjusted' to the Canucks system.he's put up good points and goal totals....
Booth will put up 60-70 pts nxt year playing a full season with Kesler.

You guys got cap space..which is good for you next year. Samuelsson will help this year..and maybe next year.
Hard to imagine that you guys couldnt get more for Booth though...like...you gave up a 3rd...i'm sure anothe team would have at least given you guys a 3rd or 2nd for him. Oh wellz... looks like everything worked out for the best though. The panthers are playing well.
Very easy to imagine...a 2x concussion victim off his game ... was EXTREMELY happy we got what we got.

That said, Im the hugest Booth fan here for many reasons, and continue to root for his success.

Old
02-21-2012, 03:09 PM
HipChecked

Quote:
Very easy to imagine...a 2x concussion victim off his game ... was EXTREMELY happy we got what we got.

That said, Im the hugest Booth fan here for many reasons, and continue to root for his success.
Agreed - 100%

After Booth took that knee-to-knee hit against Kevin Porter I thought he'd be in a worse position than he is this season.

It's good to see he's enjoying some success in Vancouver - but I'm really happy we have Samuelsson and Sturm this season as opposed to Booth.

HipChecked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2012, 12:35 PM
bishop12
Ovyously

Booth has been really playing well of late in Vancouver. He loves it here!

bishop12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2012, 01:07 PM
adam graves
Panthers 17yr sth

Quote:
Originally Posted by mind_the_gap View Post
Booth has been really playing well of late in Vancouver. He loves it here!
No he doesnt love it there.

thats different than the fact that hes a proffesional, a good fit and is playing well of late.

Old
02-22-2012, 01:34 PM
bishop12
Ovyously

Quote:
No he doesnt love it there.

thats different than the fact that hes a proffesional, a good fit and is playing well of late.
? He loves it here. He's on the radio loving it, he's on HNIC, I've have friends that met him at the bar....He's playing well and on a juggernaut o f a team with a City that loves him. You'd be a delusional guy to say he doesn't love playing with Kes and the boys in a hockey market.

Old
02-22-2012, 02:20 PM
adam graves
Panthers 17yr sth

Quote:
? He loves it here. He's on the radio loving it, he's on HNIC, I've have friends that met him at the bar....He's playing well and on a juggernaut o f a team with a City that loves him. You'd be a delusional guy to say he doesn't love playing with Kes and the boys in a hockey market.
OK.

juggernaught of a team?? Not while the biggest choker in nhl history is between the pipes.

City that loves him? I saw the love of the city in 94 when my rangers beat you and again last years when boston beat you.

btw I remember luongo's fathernlaw telling me how the town loved him at first too. Try to treat David better, he is of good character.

Cheers!

Last edited by adam graves: 02-22-2012 at 06:24 PM.
Old
02-22-2012, 06:16 PM
JonathanHuberdoh
HFBoards Partner

Send a message via AIM to JonathanHuberdoh
Quote:
You're borderline trolling here buddy. Careful....

JonathanHuberdoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2012, 07:17 PM
bishop12
Ovyously

How's that trolling?

Old
02-22-2012, 07:18 PM
bishop12
Ovyously

Quote:
OK.

juggernaught of a team?? Not while the biggest choker in nhl history is between the pipes.

City that loves him? I saw the love of the city in 94 when my rangers beat you and again last years when boston beat you.

btw I remember luongo's fathernlaw telling me how the town loved him at first too. Try to treat David better, he is of good character.

Cheers!
I didn't say I was a Canucks fan...chilax.

Old
02-22-2012, 09:00 PM
JonathanHuberdoh
HFBoards Partner

Send a message via AIM to JonathanHuberdoh
Quote:
How's that trolling?
You weren't trolling, but one reply back and things could get messy.

I know what you're saying about Booth, but just don't make it seem like Vancouver is the greatest place in the earth and Florida is a ****hole to play in. That's all I'm saying.

JonathanHuberdoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2012, 09:03 PM
Erick

Quote:
I didn't say I was a Canucks fan...chilax.
Yes, we all know that you're apparently a fan of every team in the NHL, not just Vancouver.

Erick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2012, 12:31 AM
Tuco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick View Post
Yes, we all know that you're apparently a fan of every team in the NHL, not just Vancouver.
Somehow I always thought he was a Caps fan...

Tuco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2012, 02:03 AM
bishop12
Ovyously

I am a Caps fan. Just live in Vancouver so I listen/read..etc most about the Canucks...but not watch them the most however.

Old
03-29-2012, 07:41 PM
ShyCheetah

I am loving Booth. He so reminds me of Kesler and the two of them have been our best farwards for over a month. Every game this trade makes me smile.

ShyCheetah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2012, 07:53 PM
PanthersAllDay1225
MORDE-KULI

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShyCheetah View Post
I am loving Booth. He so reminds me of Kesler and the two of them have been our best farwards for over a month. Every game this trade makes me smile.
I'm glad this trade worked out for both teams, we got rid of a contract management didn't agree to and vancouver got a goal scorer who's should be hitting his prime and is also friends kesler lol

PanthersAllDay1225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2012, 07:58 PM
Laus723
Future Now

Quote:
Good. Most of us are ecstatic he has the guys on that team to allow him the room to play like he can, and isn't forced to play on the top lines.

Sams has done well enough here, Sturm was far better before injury. Not unhappy we made the trade.

03-29-2012, 08:00 PM
SufferingCatFan

Quote:
I am a great fan of David Booth as a person, but I really doubt your sanity if every game you really smile about trading for a player with a $4.5 million contract, who scores 15 goals and 14 assists in 57 games, while playing sub-par defense.

The Panthers basically gave Booth away taking back 2 then injured players with an equivalent cap hit on expiring contracts. We needed to free up the money for next season to resign Kulikov and Versteeg.

I say win-win.

SufferingCatFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2012, 08:02 PM
PBPantherfan
Here we go again

Somebody finally taught him how to fight. I think it might end up being a good trade depending on who we sign with the extra money. But I still miss booth

PBPantherfan is offline   Reply With Quote