HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Just a thought

Closed Thread

Old
11-17-2003, 05:33 PM
WFHACommish

vCash: 500
Just a thought

Just a thought.

Can you imagine if this could encourage Mike Comrie to just sign a one-year deal? I mean it's nearing half of the season and with Oates on board, wouldn't it be nice if Comrie checked his ego at the door and sign for less than $1.3M with EDM for one year?

I mean he's saying he would sign for less than $1M with any other team if he gets traded. Do you think he has the balls to sign with EDM and forget the past. I hope so..That could easily make us one of the top teams in the Western Conference.

We would definitely be like the Ottawa Senators with so much depth at the forward position. The only thing that is missing is our DF which is alright...not stellar. But we are gritty and have enough leadership.

The forward lines would look like this.

Isbister, Oates, Hemsky (try to ignite Hemsky into shooting more since he's no longer the passer on the line. and Isbister would create room)
Torres, York, Dvorak
Moreau, Reasoner, Pisani
Smyth, Comrie Laraque (Laraque always seeems to create and play better when paired with the bigger players)

These lines would have the smaller players protected. Isbister for Oates. Laraque with Comrie.

Boy that would be tough.

What u guys think?

Old
11-17-2003, 05:35 PM
WFHACommish

Just looking at it..there is no 1st,2nd,3rd,4th line...MacT would have trouble finding ice time for each line..lol

Old
11-17-2003, 05:47 PM
Marconius

Quote:
Originally Posted by WFHACommish
Just looking at it..there is no 1st,2nd,3rd,4th line...MacT would have trouble finding ice time for each line..lol
Looks pretty deadly, I think you're right though there would be no line 1,2,3,4. MacT would have his hands full trying to spread around the ice time.
But can you imagine the depth? What would be the odds that all 4 lines went cold? Everything else being equal MacT could reasonably send out any one of those lines to get the big goal...none of them would look out of place

Old
11-17-2003, 07:55 PM
Walsher

I would personally like to see something more like:

Smyth - Comrie - Hemsky
York - Oates - Dvorak
Moreau - Reasoner - Pisani
Isbister - Stoll - Torres

To me that is a little more realistic. Rather than a mishmash of decent line this has a more developed outline of units. I know the York, Torres, Dvorak line has been very productive - but what i have seen of Torres he can accomplish the same with any unit - moreover, there it is probable that his production will taper off. not being pessimistic, just realistic. York plays very well on the wing and IMO York and Dvorak are going to be the main snipers for this team even though Dvorak has been snake bitten thus it only seems obvious that Oates be the man setting them up. The changes are not drastic but subtle providing the team with real balance. The 1 and 1A scoring lines with the very effective checking unit along with a solid grinding fourth line with offensive flair. I would take this lineup against any other in the league and the thought of that is extremely exciting as an Oilers fan. I have always been rather biased believing that the team could always compete, but to me this could be the most realistic lineup yet to compete deep into the playoffs.

Closed Thread