HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Notices

Leafs lose HUGE 7-1. Let's go Blue Jays..

Old
03-29-2012, 10:26 PM
LeeIs
M a t s

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrillingbroom View Post
Very good. Thanks for sharing.

Old
03-29-2012, 10:28 PM
Deebo

Quote:
Originally Posted by wandering goat View Post
I don't mind a loss, the season's over and we can get a good pick now, but they should at least show up for more than 10 or 15 minutes.
Then they could eke out a win, the way to lose is to suck for the full 60!

Deebo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2012, 10:28 PM
ForzaZuffa
Don't stare at it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by wandering goat View Post
I don't mind a loss, the season's over and we can get a good pick now, but they should at least show up for more than 10 or 15 minutes.
I'm so sick of this team's players and their apathetic attitude I hope the next 4 go this way too.

ForzaZuffa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2012, 10:29 PM
departures89

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForzaZuffa View Post
A joke of a team deserves that kind of report

I know the team is a joke right now, but IMO reports like this are redundant in that everyone is sh** kicking the leafs right now. He's saying what were all thinking and what the media has been rehashing day in and day out for weeks.

I should clarify as well that I just find it to be stupid for the reporter to basically ask Luke Schenn to apologize to Leaf fans for having to pay $450 bucks a ticket.

Tim and Sid on the Fan today talked about how reports like this are moronic and I'm inclined to agree is all.

departures89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2012, 10:30 PM
JMcLeaf
(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻

Quote:

JMcLeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2012, 10:35 PM
ForzaZuffa
Don't stare at it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by departures89 View Post
I know the team is a joke right now, but IMO reports like this are redundant in that everyone is sh** kicking the leafs right now. He's saying what were all thinking and what the media has been rehashing day in and day out for weeks.

I should clarify as well that I just find it to be stupid for the reporter to basically ask Luke Schenn to apologize to Leaf fans for having to pay $450 bucks a ticket.

Tim and Sid on the Fan today talked about how reports like this are moronic and I'm inclined to agree is all.
I get where you're coming from. I guess we're just different, I am really enjoying seeing reporters with balls ask some tough questions to the perennial gutless losers instead of the soft meatballs you see thrown around so often.

For me, I honestly don't feel bad for any of these guys, they're paid hundreds of thousands of dollars (or more) to work out and play the sport they love, media pressure when you play without heart comes with the territory, imo. Maybe if they didn't pout like babies they'd enjoy winning and being the kings of one of NA's best cities.

Old
03-29-2012, 10:37 PM
Liminality

Quote:
As much as I dislike ctv covering sports. These are the type of questions that should embarrass the players and light a freakin fire under their butt.
I'm sure inside their locker room they've had multiple guys stand up and say enough is enough but as soon as the crap hits the fan everyone is dodging any kind of leadership and accountability for these loses. We need people who lead by example, the Leafs don't need cheerleaders or players giving pep talks or turning up radios.

I for one am happy about getting a top pick this draft but this one draft pick won't change the team from bad to good overnight. I'm still scared that this mentally weak team just won't rid themselves of that losing mentality.

P.S. Phaneuf is not the problem. I hope he's a Leaf till he retires.

Liminality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2012, 10:38 PM
LeeIs
M a t s

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForzaZuffa View Post
Outstanding reporting, imo. Calling it like it is, not afraid of "Big Blue" haha I love Dion's interview

About the torment of the cataclysmic collapse: "We slid and could not regain it". Real insightful DD. @ him saying "it's a team game" when the journo calls him out on his **** play with this 5 wins in 24 games ********.

Phil just made me literally lol when he added the "Ha" at the end of the clip. What a piss
It's funny, Dion's answer to the question of leadership displays perfectly how he's not leadership material. It was almost comical seeing him spread the blame when asked about HIS role in this debacle. Instead of owning up to it and take FULL CREDIT for HIS lack of leadership, he says, we lose as a team. What a retard!! Effectively spreading the blame around to his teammates.

I'm hating him more and more.

LeeIs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2012, 10:40 PM
Dark Knight
#WeTheNorth

Quote:
This is the best thing I've seen with regards to the Leafs this season. I give the reporter props. He asked great, upfront questions which most of the media doesn't have the balls to ask.

I can't help but think that most these guys are brainwashed into giving the same cliche answers to every single question asked. They didn't expect this and didn't know how to answer it.

How can you feel sorry for this team?

03-29-2012, 10:40 PM
Crispy Crust

vCash: 570
'The Price of Success Is Hard Work'

Crispy Crust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2012, 10:41 PM
ThinMcWhistle

How come everyone is so upset? This is the best thing that can happen to us right now, who can make an argument that it isn't? We are top 5 for the draft. Winning any games at this point only hurts our future, isn't this true?

ThinMcWhistle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2012, 10:43 PM
Dark Knight
#WeTheNorth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liminality View Post
As much as I dislike ctv covering sports. These are the type of questions that should embarrass the players and light a freakin fire under their butt.
I'm sure inside their locker room they've had multiple guys stand up and say enough is enough but as soon as the crap hits the fan everyone is dodging any kind of leadership and accountability for these loses. We need people who lead by example, the Leafs don't need cheerleaders or players giving pep talks or turning up radios.

I for one am happy about getting a top pick this draft but this one draft pick won't change the team from bad to good overnight. I'm still scared that this mentally weak team just won't rid themselves of that losing mentality.

P.S. Phaneuf is not the problem. I hope he's a Leaf till he retires.
What has he done to deserve such high praise? Just wondering.

He's a fraction of how he was his first two seasons with Calgary. He was lightning quick on his skates and his shot would give goalies fits. I haven't seen anything like that since his time in Toronto. He would throw thunderous checks that would dictate the course of the game and those are too few to count now. He's merely a fraction of how he was before which makes him overpaid IMO. Can't stand his interviews either.

Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
ForzaZuffa
Don't stare at it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeIs View Post
It's funny, Dion's answer to the question of leadership displays perfectly how he's not leadership material. It was almost comical seeing him spread the blame when asked about HIS role in this debacle. Instead of owning up to it and take FULL CREDIT for HIS lack of leadership, he says, we lose as a team. What a retard!! Effectively spreading the blame around to his teammates.

I'm hating him more and more.
Exactly. I mean I don't expect him to put his own head on the chopping block and release the blade but his response was pathetic and I think furtively alludes to his leadership ability- or lack thereof

Old
htpwn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crispy Crust View Post
'The Price of Success Is Hard Work'

htpwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2012, 10:45 PM
ForzaZuffa
Don't stare at it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebastian Bach View Post
How come everyone is so upset? This is the best thing that can happen to us right now, who can make an argument that it isn't? We are top 5 for the draft. Winning any games at this point only hurts our future, isn't this true?
Personally, I'm not upset as in saddened with the losing, I am a certified tank squadron member, but it's the way they're losing. It's maddening to the point where I need to do bag work after watching these lifeless tools

Old
03-29-2012, 10:46 PM
ForzaZuffa
Don't stare at it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by htpwn View Post
I bet it's resting real comfy with these boys, they'll sleep like babies tonight

Old
03-29-2012, 10:49 PM
LC

Quote:
As much as I hate the team right now, its stupid to ask the players those questions because the fact is they just aren't good enough. The team needs better players, and its not Dion that is going to go out and sign or draft them.

If we had lucked out on a 205th pick like the Rangers and gotten Lundqvist there wouldn't be a need for a troll interview like this.

LC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2012, 10:51 PM
Penalty Kill Icing*
Fire Carlyle

vCash: 140
Hey Dion, please leave.

And please don't let the door hurt you on the way out.

Penalty Kill Icing* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2012, 10:56 PM
dirk41

Quote:
Originally Posted by LC View Post
If we had lucked out on a 205th pick like the Rangers and gotten Lundqvist there wouldn't be a need for a troll interview like this.
"Troll" has to be the most overused word on the internet. What you call trolling I call real talk.

dirk41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2012, 11:01 PM
Liminality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Knight View Post
What has he done to deserve such high praise? Just wondering.

He's a fraction of how he was his first two seasons with Calgary. He was lightning quick on his skates and his shot would give goalies fits. I haven't seen anything like that since his time in Toronto. He would throw thunderous checks that would dictate the course of the game and those are too few to count now. He's merely a fraction of how he was before which makes him overpaid IMO. Can't stand his interviews either.
I think you're focusing way too much on the Phaneuf in the 2nd half, when the whole team has collapsed. Phaneuf was quite the defenceman in the first half of the season and showed tons of potential to carry this team at times.
Phaneuf is still a good defenceman as much as people poop on him all day long. He's 26 turning 27 in 12 days and personally, I think he still has room to grow as a player and a person. He's got good offensive skills, plays huge minutes against the opponents top line most nights and earlier in the season was successful in shutting them down.
His cap hit is pricey no doubt about that and he does have moments where you question his effort. I think once next season starts, Carlyle will use him appropriately and I predict him and Schenn to have improved seasons next year.

If I were to blame the Leadership on any of the players it would have to be Komisarek and the other vets.

Phaneuf in a perfect world is not the Captain of our team imo and is a very respectable assistant.

Liminality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2012, 11:11 PM
LC

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirk41 View Post
"Troll" has to be the most overused word on the internet. What you call trolling I call real talk.
What answer do you want? We suck? The team isn't good, there is nothing else to say about it.

LC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2012, 11:11 PM
duckyjets

That CTV thing was great

duckyjets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2012, 11:14 PM
Marco Esquandolas
Registered Abuser

vCash: 1170
"You personally, have you provided the kind of leadership a captain of this franchise needs at a time like this?"
"What do you think?"
"You have five wins in the last twenty-four games, Dion. That's why I'm asking you."
"Well, it's a team game."

I nearly just threw up in my mouth.

Last edited by Marco Esquandolas: 03-29-2012 at 11:20 PM.
Marco Esquandolas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2012, 11:26 PM
Aplayaz2000

tank nation baby

Aplayaz2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2012, 11:27 PM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

i dont see the video i click it. it is not showing.

edit found it.