Go Back   HFBoards > Hockey Talk by Country > Germany
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

Playoff dates

Old
03-30-2012, 05:28 AM
andersej

vCash: 500
Playoff dates

I will be in Berlin April 12 - 16. I was wondering what the playoff schedule is for those dates? If the Eisbären Berlin are still in the playoffs, I would love to go see them play in their fancy new arena. I guess for those dates, any games played would be the final series. How difficult would it be to get tickets and how much would they cost?

A few years ago, I was able to watch a game at their old arena Welblechpalast and I would like to find out first hand if the special atmosphere from that arena is still alive at O2 World...

Any help will be much appreciated.

andersej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2012, 07:17 AM
Maverick41

Quote:
Originally Posted by andersej View Post
I will be in Berlin April 12 - 16. I was wondering what the playoff schedule is for those dates? If the Eisbären Berlin are still in the playoffs, I would love to go see them play in their fancy new arena. I guess for those dates, any games played would be the final series. How difficult would it be to get tickets and how much would they cost?

A few years ago, I was able to watch a game at their old arena Welblechpalast and I would like to find out first hand if the special atmosphere from that arena is still alive at O2 World...

Any help will be much appreciated.
I can't tell you how difficult it would be to get a ticket. But as far as the schedule goes, game 5 (if necessary in this best-of-5 series) of Berlin's semi final would be played on April 13 at 7:35 pm. And the costs for the semi final tickets range from 18,00 EUR (cheapest category) to 51,60 EUR (best category) or even 80,40 EUR (for premium seats).

Of course if both semi finals don't go over the full distance and the Eisbären make it through, there might be a game of the finals played during your stay in Berlin.

I hope this helps a little.

If you can read German (Or Google-Translator works for you) you can get tickets here: Online-Tickets
You can also order them on their Ticket-Hotline: +49 (0)30 - 97 18 40 40

But of course since there is not yet any game definitely scheduled during your stay you will first have to wait and see how things work out.

Maverick41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2012, 05:01 AM
andersej

Thanks for the tips. Sounds like there should be a decent chance of catching some hockey to go with the currywurst.

Old
04-01-2012, 05:32 AM
Salzig
I am laudable.

Quote:
Thanks for the tips. Sounds like there should be a decent chance of catching some hockey to go with the Leberkäse
Fixed it for you. Have fun, Berlin is playing pretty decent hockey as well.

Salzig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2012, 08:14 PM
andersej

Ticket booked for Sunday's game.

Any players/prospects I should look out for?

Old
04-12-2012, 04:17 AM
Maverick41

Quote:
Ticket booked for Sunday's game.

Any players/prospects I should look out for?
Have Fun. Hopefully it will be a great game.

There are not really any NHL worthy prospects on either team, but some interesting young players (25 or younger) you might want to look out for are:

Adler Mannheim:
No. 28 Frank Mauer - RW (24 yrs)
No. 29 Dennis Reul - D (22 yrs) - Former Boston Bruins Prospect
No. 44 Matthias Plachta - LW (20 yrs)
No. 69 Florian Kettemer - D (25 yrs)
No. 77 Nikolai Goc - D (25 yrs)
No. 91 Marc El-Sayed - C (20 yrs)

Eisbären Berlin:
No. 6 Thomas Supis - D (20 yrs)
No. 12 Laurin Braun - LW (21 yrs)
No. 16 Vincent Schlenker - C (19 yrs)
No. 57 Daniel Weiß - RW (22 yrs)
No. 60 Mads Christensen - RW (25 yrs)
No. 90 Constantin Braun - D (24 yrs) - Former L.A. Kings Prospect

Of course there also some older players that can be exciting to watch. For Berlin I am thinking about guys like Hördler, Busch or Baxmann. Unfortunately Andre Rankel won't be playing due to a 10 game suspension for a check to the head and neck area in game 2 of the semi finals.

Maverick41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2012, 01:06 PM
Lowe
Rookie User

I know this is probably against the rules to ask this, but could anyone point me in the direction of a livestream? I live in Canada but have listened to Mannheim play for the last 2 seasons over radio streams but its just not the same thing as watching (plus I don't speak much German so it is difficult at times for me to follow the action).

If this is a taboo matter on these boards I apologize but any help would be appreciated.

Lowe is offline   Reply With Quote