HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Leafs lose HUGE 7-1. Let's go Blue Jays..

Old
03-30-2012, 10:41 AM
ForzaZuffa
Don't stare at it...

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeIs View Post
Makes you realize 100% of sports journalists ask the same ol' over used questions and the players repeat the same old answers. It took one good journalist to ask a question they couldn't weasel out of answering, with the usual, we gotta come out stronger next game, give 110% B.S.
Yeah, they really gave 110% too They promptly came out heartless and gutless losing 7-1 on home ice the next game No fights to try to save some pride. Nothing. A bunch of god damn losers

ForzaZuffa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2012, 10:43 AM
ForzaZuffa
Don't stare at it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by go_leafs_go02 View Post

You gotta admit. The ACC has been more lively any point the last week than any point in the last 3-4 years.
It's the most proud I've been of our fanbase in years. They have been amazing at the ACC, giving most of us a voice.

Old
03-30-2012, 10:46 AM
Leafidelity
Registered Leafs Fan

vCash: 1775
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkness View Post
When I see Phaneuf do an interview often times it takes him 7 seconds to think of the answer to the question. Its like he's one of those 80's computers trying to calculate something.

Every guy goes "I dunno", and I'm sure PR gives them a mandate to avoid those questions but when I heard Schenn's explanation I thought that he didn't know how to answer a question that isn't on the list of predictable questions.
Probably because they have guys like you analyzing every word that comes out of their mouths. And not even just every word, the tone they use too. I'd probably pick my words wisely too, look how many mouthbreathers thought Kessel wanted out of town last year when he said it wasn't working out "here". That one word wrote about 5 articles.

Leafidelity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2012, 10:47 AM
Giuseppe Sallo
ELE-VAT-ED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForzaZuffa View Post
It's the most proud I've been of our fanbase in years. They have been amazing at the ACC, giving most of us a voice.
A slap in the face to burkie and his minions... and I loved it!

Giuseppe Sallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2012, 10:48 AM
NiL8r87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafidelity View Post
Probably because they have guys like you analyzing every word that comes out of their mouths. And not even just every word, the tone they use too. I'd probably pick my words wisely too, look how many mouthbreathers thought Kessel wanted out of town last year when he said it wasn't working out "here". That one word wrote about 5 articles.

NiL8r87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2012, 10:51 AM
NiL8r87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
He just puts the cliches out there way too easily
So this is Phaneuf's flaw but Schenn's just honest-to-goodness good guy personality?

Oh I get it, its cause Phaneuf LOOKS like a *****.

NiL8r87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2012, 10:56 AM
gee

Quote:
rogers as new part owner of mlse might not care too much. leafs still sell out but their poor performance drives people to the blue jays. a win - win from his perspective.

gee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2012, 11:12 AM
The Naz
With God given hands

Some of you guys are whiny morons.

You want a tank because "its the only way" yet when we lose you want the frustrated players to give an orchestrated, oscar nominated plea for forgiveness complete with tears and unequivocal onus for all that is wrong with the team.

Don't expect ANY ufa signings for a few years. None of real significance anyway. More Armstrongs, less Brad Richards (not that we ever had that) until we win from within. The cost of that is losing. Face it.

The Naz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2012, 11:12 AM
ForzaZuffa
Don't stare at it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by gee View Post
rogers as new part owner of mlse might not care too much. leafs still sell out but their poor performance drives people to the blue jays. a win - win from his perspective.
For sure, the faceless corporate shadow people will use a rake to collect their millions without a care in the world, but to see Joe Citizen boo the people that deserve it, that's priceless to me

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Naz View Post
Some of you guys are whiny morons.

You want a tank because "its the only way" yet when we lose you want the frustrated players to give an orchestrated, oscar nominated plea for forgiveness complete with tears and unequivocal onus for all that is wrong with the team.

Don't expect ANY ufa signings for a few years. None of real significance anyway. More Armstrongs, less Brad Richards (not that we ever had that) until we win from within. The cost of that is losing. Face it.
No one is asking for forgiveness pleas, but something more than a gutless 7-1 home shellacking would do

Old
03-30-2012, 11:13 AM
Giuseppe Sallo
ELE-VAT-ED

Funny how Hartnell was toying with Brownie & Phanooofff. He wanted no part of it.

Giuseppe Sallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2012, 11:17 AM
NeelyDan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkness View Post
Its like he's one of those 80's computers trying to calculate something.
I can't stop laughing at this.

NeelyDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2012, 11:54 AM
s1r0ky
Mr. Optimistic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyflex View Post
anyone want my tickets for Saturday? half price
How much? lol

I would love to go see an NHL game anytime, regardless of how bad teams play.

s1r0ky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2012, 12:11 PM
thebear

are people seriously saying Schenn doesn't care? give me an effing break. he has dropped the gloves more than anyone on this team to stick up for the team/teammates/sparking the team (exemption-Brown). he cares.

thebear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2012, 12:23 PM
Deebo
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by gee View Post
Ted Rogers is dead.

Deebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2012, 01:43 PM
Stephen

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesseV87 View Post
So this is Phaneuf's flaw but Schenn's just honest-to-goodness good guy personality?

Oh I get it, its cause Phaneuf LOOKS like a *****.
I am not a fan of Schenn's cliches

Stephen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2012, 02:06 PM
Deebo
HFBoards Sponsor

I don't care how a player is with the media, Schenn hasn't been good on the ice this season, that's what matters.

What he says after a game doesn't matter.

Deebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2012, 03:10 PM
Uncle Slick

Quote:
Yeah, they really gave 110% too They promptly came out heartless and gutless losing 7-1 on home ice the next game No fights to try to save some pride. Nothing. A bunch of god damn losers
I see your point. Don't like it, but the optics from last night are hard to counter.

For me, they are who they are, I believe they gave 100% of whatever they could, the standings and stats are consistent; but more importantly, these are the players that reflect Burke's vision, and he wants us to support them...

... and with that, I keep thinking about this ... http://www.thestar.com/sports/hockey...leaf-toughness This article was published Nov 30 2008

Brian Burke's handiwork,
his management team,
his scouting staff,
his coaches,
his players,
his team.

Uncle Slick is offline   Reply With Quote