HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

CBJ Board Other Sports Thread: Part VII

Closed Thread

Old
03-29-2012, 11:42 PM
SuperGenius
For Duty & Humanity!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert View Post
Louisville fans are livid for being left off Sport Illustrated regional cover pages; Kansas and Kentucky made theirs..

Oh, Ohio State was on SI's national cover...

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/46899338...louisville_ky/
People still subscribe to magazines?

I mean, we get "Just Labs" but that's just because it was a gift

Old
03-30-2012, 07:55 AM
Columbus Mike
Next CBJ GM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoo16 View Post
For any other fellow BGSU alumni: BG football will play Buffalo at Crew Stadium Nov 23rd. *Link*
Interesting choice of location and date, as the OSU/Michigan game will be in Columbus the very next day. I plan on being there.
Don't take this as a slight to the fine football programs at BG and Buffalo, but why are they doing this? Is the casual football fan in Columbus demanding more MAC football the day before the Michigan game? Doesn't BG draw well at home?

Old
03-30-2012, 11:28 AM
End of Line
Human After All

Don't know where else to put this.

NBC4 did a piece on the Chill.

"I don't know what the stronger emotion would be, the joy of winning or the pain of losing"-Sidney Crosby.
Old
03-30-2012, 12:11 PM
Robert
Foligno family

Send a message via MSN to Robert
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperGenius View Post
People still subscribe to magazines?

I mean, we get "Just Labs" but that's just because it was a gift
My wife gets at least ten monthly, do you remember when TV came out in the early 50's , some said that movies at the theater would soon be extinct with a TV in everyone’s home; never happened, there will always be a niche for the written word on a piece of paper.

Old
03-30-2012, 12:17 PM
Columbus Mike
Next CBJ GM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mantis Toboggan MD View Post
Don't know where else to put this.

NBC4 did a piece on the Chill.

Thanks for posting that.

I remember being at a playoff game at the Chiller-Dublin, which I think was their last home game played. Standing room only, packed in around the boards.

Looking forward to reviving some old memories tonight.

Old
03-30-2012, 02:16 PM
Zoo16
Bye West,Hello East!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Columbus Mike View Post
Don't take this as a slight to the fine football programs at BG and Buffalo, but why are they doing this? Is the casual football fan in Columbus demanding more MAC football the day before the Michigan game? Doesn't BG draw well at home?
I also was very puzzled. I've heard that since the campus will be on Thanksgiving break, the athletic dept didn't think many folks would go. Even with mighty OSU here, there are still a lot of MAC grads in central Ohio.

Old
03-30-2012, 09:15 PM
End of Line
Human After All

Quote:
Originally Posted by Columbus Mike View Post
Thanks for posting that.

I remember being at a playoff game at the Chiller-Dublin, which I think was their last home game played. Standing room only, packed in around the boards.

Looking forward to reviving some old memories tonight.
My only memories of the Chill were when they still played at the fairgrounds when I was 3/4/5 years old. Most fun I've ever had at a hockey game.

Old
03-31-2012, 10:14 PM
gojackets1
Someday.

<- preparing for all of the bull **** excuses 'hardcore' OSU fans will make for this loss.

Old
03-31-2012, 10:16 PM
FANonymous

You need ******** excuses for losing an extremely tight game to another highly ranked team?

News to me.

Old
03-31-2012, 10:17 PM
gojackets1
Someday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FANonymous View Post
You need ******** excuses for losing an extremely tight game to another highly ranked team?

News to me.
Some fans will find a way. As much as I like OSU, this is one of the things I hate about it.

Old
03-31-2012, 10:22 PM
Robert
Foligno family

Tough break for OSU, I thought Craft was going to be the hero with his last minute heroics.. Kansas took over the game in the second half, they will have a harder time Monday vs Kentucky but it should be a great game..

Old
03-31-2012, 10:28 PM
EspenK

No excuses. Just another example of why not having a developed bench can kill you. I know, I know, the guys don't practice hard or right or whatever it is they don't do. But it still amazes me how with the talent that is recruited the OSU coaches can't get them (the bench) ready to play. If Jordan Siebert and LaQuinton Ross are Buckeyes next season I'll be amazed. Give all the credit to Kansas, they didn't quit and played hard to win it.

Old
04-01-2012, 09:32 AM
pete goegan
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by EspenK View Post
No excuses. Just another example of why not having a developed bench can kill you. I know, I know, the guys don't practice hard or right or whatever it is they don't do. But it still amazes me how with the talent that is recruited the OSU coaches can't get them (the bench) ready to play. If Jordan Siebert and LaQuinton Ross are Buckeyes next season I'll be amazed. Give all the credit to Kansas, they didn't quit and played hard to win it.
Normally I'd agree, that's one of my pet peeves about Thad, but look at how much Self played his bench and what he got from them. If Siebert and Ross don't see their chances to play, next season, with Buford, Sullinger, and Thomas leaving, then they're not smart enough to be in college, anyway.

Old
04-01-2012, 09:59 AM
EspenK

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete goegan View Post
Normally I'd agree, that's one of my pet peeves about Thad, but look at how much Self played his bench and what he got from them. If Siebert and Ross don't see their chances to play, next season, with Buford, Sullinger, and Thomas leaving, then they're not smart enough to be in college, anyway.
I checked the other game box scores and I was surprised that all used 7 (players) or one may have used 8. My ***** about Matta is that his subs don't make much of an impact unlike some of the other teams,mostly Ky and Louisville. If he had played them more during the season, then maybe, they would be better suited to handle the big games.

My other thought is are Sullinger and Thomas really going to go. I guess they should but if I was an NBA gm I'd have real doubts about Sullinger in particular. He really struggles when the other guy is as good (or better) as he is. And he definitely struggled against the big guy yesterday.

Old
04-01-2012, 10:09 AM
Matthew
F.A.R.T on Mike Todd

Send a message via AIM to Matthew
Sullinger and Thomas really **** the bed, especially in the 2nd half of that game. I'd say it was a choke job. That's my BS excuse.

Old
04-01-2012, 02:07 PM
SuperGenius
For Duty & Humanity!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert View Post
My wife gets at least ten monthly, do you remember when TV came out in the early 50's , some said that movies at the theater would soon be extinct with a TV in everyone’s home; never happened, there will always be a niche for the written word on a piece of paper.
You've clearly never used an iPad while sitting on the "throne".

Old
04-02-2012, 11:16 PM
Robert
Foligno family

Quote:
True, I don't even own one....yet.

Shout out to The Kentucky Wildcats, they had a great year. How bout the freshman Anthony Davis winning the MVP.. he's a good kid too, the cameras could his father crying in the stands. That Lamb kid is money with field goals all over the court.

Kansas had a great comeback late in the game but two mistakes at critical moments saved the day for KU.. It was closer than the final score.

Old
04-03-2012, 01:23 AM
FANonymous

Quote:
I think I'd rather accidentally drop a newspaper in the toilet than an Ipad...

Old
04-03-2012, 07:51 AM
blahblah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew View Post
I'd say it was a choke job. That's my BS excuse.
Coming in late (both thread and game, only watched the last 5 minutes of the game), but that was one of the worst displays for the last 2 minutes of a game I've seen in a long time. OSU shot themselves in the foot numerous times. They got what they deserved. The couldn't defend and they couldn't even get off a square shot.

Old
04-03-2012, 08:02 AM
Fro
Yes Cbus has hockey

Has Kentucky been forced to vacate their title yet? Its inevitable that Calipari did something that will be found...

Old
04-03-2012, 08:09 AM
Double-Shift Lassé
Just post better

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fro View Post
Has Kentucky been forced to vacate their title yet? Its inevitable that Calipari did something that will be found...
But Coach Cal didn't do anything... which his supporters will tell you right before telling you bug off because his 11th place Hornets have a (very) outside shot at making the playoffs and they don't need the distraction.

Old
04-05-2012, 04:15 PM
pete goegan
HFBoards Sponsor

Beautiful opening days in both Cleveland and Cincinnati! Today, even an I-71 Series seems possible!

Edit: Tribe blows a 4-1 lead in the 9th, won't win a single game all year!

Last edited by pete goegan: 04-05-2012 at 05:11 PM.
Old
04-06-2012, 03:29 PM
VinnyC
vancity, c-bus, 'peg

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete goegan View Post
Beautiful opening days in both Cleveland and Cincinnati! Today, even an I-71 Series seems possible!

Edit: Tribe blows a 4-1 lead in the 9th, won't win a single game all year!
They won't even bother to tease us with a good first half of the season this time around.

:<

Old
04-06-2012, 08:29 PM
EspenK

Deshaun Thomas coming back. if he improves as much as he did this year he could be really something. Now if LaQuinton Ross can do what he needs to the Bucks could have some scoring to replace Sullinger & Buford.

Old
04-07-2012, 09:03 AM
Columbus Mike
Next CBJ GM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EspenK View Post
Deshaun Thomas coming back. if he improves as much as he did this year he could be really something. Now if LaQuinton Ross can do what he needs to the Bucks could have some scoring to replace Sullinger & Buford.
I'm really surprised Thomas is coming back, and hope he continues to get better. I don't recall many players that improved their game so much in one year. If that trend continues, he could be really special.

Closed Thread