HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

CBJ Board Other Sports Thread: Part VII

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-29-2012, 11:42 PM
  #326
SuperGenius
Moderator
For Duty & Humanity!
 
SuperGenius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,586
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert View Post
Louisville fans are livid for being left off Sport Illustrated regional cover pages; Kansas and Kentucky made theirs..

Oh, Ohio State was on SI's national cover...

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/46899338...louisville_ky/
People still subscribe to magazines?

I mean, we get "Just Labs" but that's just because it was a gift

SuperGenius is offline  
Old
03-30-2012, 07:55 AM
  #327
Columbus Mike
Next CBJ GM
 
Columbus Mike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 712
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoo16 View Post
For any other fellow BGSU alumni: BG football will play Buffalo at Crew Stadium Nov 23rd. *Link*
Interesting choice of location and date, as the OSU/Michigan game will be in Columbus the very next day. I plan on being there.
Don't take this as a slight to the fine football programs at BG and Buffalo, but why are they doing this? Is the casual football fan in Columbus demanding more MAC football the day before the Michigan game? Doesn't BG draw well at home?

Columbus Mike is offline  
Old
03-30-2012, 11:28 AM
  #328
End of Line
Moderator
Human After All
 
End of Line's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Country: United States
Posts: 19,678
vCash: 500
Don't know where else to put this.

NBC4 did a piece on the Chill.


__________________

"I don't know what the stronger emotion would be, the joy of winning or the pain of losing"-Sidney Crosby.
End of Line is offline  
Old
03-30-2012, 12:11 PM
  #329
Robert
Foligno family
 
Robert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: KY & Lime Lake NY
Country: United States
Posts: 30,237
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Robert
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperGenius View Post
People still subscribe to magazines?

I mean, we get "Just Labs" but that's just because it was a gift
My wife gets at least ten monthly, do you remember when TV came out in the early 50's , some said that movies at the theater would soon be extinct with a TV in everyone’s home; never happened, there will always be a niche for the written word on a piece of paper.

Robert is offline  
Old
03-30-2012, 12:17 PM
  #330
Columbus Mike
Next CBJ GM
 
Columbus Mike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 712
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mantis Toboggan MD View Post
Don't know where else to put this.

NBC4 did a piece on the Chill.

Thanks for posting that.

I remember being at a playoff game at the Chiller-Dublin, which I think was their last home game played. Standing room only, packed in around the boards.

Looking forward to reviving some old memories tonight.

Columbus Mike is offline  
Old
03-30-2012, 02:16 PM
  #331
Zoo16
Bye West,Hello East!
 
Zoo16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Columbus, OH
Country: United States
Posts: 888
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Columbus Mike View Post
Don't take this as a slight to the fine football programs at BG and Buffalo, but why are they doing this? Is the casual football fan in Columbus demanding more MAC football the day before the Michigan game? Doesn't BG draw well at home?
I also was very puzzled. I've heard that since the campus will be on Thanksgiving break, the athletic dept didn't think many folks would go. Even with mighty OSU here, there are still a lot of MAC grads in central Ohio.

Zoo16 is offline  
Old
03-30-2012, 09:15 PM
  #332
End of Line
Moderator
Human After All
 
End of Line's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Country: United States
Posts: 19,678
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Columbus Mike View Post
Thanks for posting that.

I remember being at a playoff game at the Chiller-Dublin, which I think was their last home game played. Standing room only, packed in around the boards.

Looking forward to reviving some old memories tonight.
My only memories of the Chill were when they still played at the fairgrounds when I was 3/4/5 years old. Most fun I've ever had at a hockey game.

End of Line is offline  
Old
03-31-2012, 10:14 PM
  #333
gojackets1
Someday.
 
gojackets1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Columbus
Country: United States
Posts: 3,430
vCash: 500
<- preparing for all of the bull **** excuses 'hardcore' OSU fans will make for this loss.

gojackets1 is offline  
Old
03-31-2012, 10:16 PM
  #334
FANonymous
Registered User
 
FANonymous's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 4,911
vCash: 500
You need ******** excuses for losing an extremely tight game to another highly ranked team?

News to me.

FANonymous is offline  
Old
03-31-2012, 10:17 PM
  #335
gojackets1
Someday.
 
gojackets1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Columbus
Country: United States
Posts: 3,430
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FANonymous View Post
You need ******** excuses for losing an extremely tight game to another highly ranked team?

News to me.
Some fans will find a way. As much as I like OSU, this is one of the things I hate about it.

gojackets1 is offline  
Old
03-31-2012, 10:22 PM
  #336
Robert
Foligno family
 
Robert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: KY & Lime Lake NY
Country: United States
Posts: 30,237
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Robert
Tough break for OSU, I thought Craft was going to be the hero with his last minute heroics.. Kansas took over the game in the second half, they will have a harder time Monday vs Kentucky but it should be a great game..

Robert is offline  
Old
03-31-2012, 10:28 PM
  #337
EspenK
Registered User
 
EspenK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 5,188
vCash: 500
No excuses. Just another example of why not having a developed bench can kill you. I know, I know, the guys don't practice hard or right or whatever it is they don't do. But it still amazes me how with the talent that is recruited the OSU coaches can't get them (the bench) ready to play. If Jordan Siebert and LaQuinton Ross are Buckeyes next season I'll be amazed. Give all the credit to Kansas, they didn't quit and played hard to win it.

EspenK is offline  
Old
04-01-2012, 09:32 AM
  #338
pete goegan
HFBoards Sponsor
 
pete goegan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 11,770
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by EspenK View Post
No excuses. Just another example of why not having a developed bench can kill you. I know, I know, the guys don't practice hard or right or whatever it is they don't do. But it still amazes me how with the talent that is recruited the OSU coaches can't get them (the bench) ready to play. If Jordan Siebert and LaQuinton Ross are Buckeyes next season I'll be amazed. Give all the credit to Kansas, they didn't quit and played hard to win it.
Normally I'd agree, that's one of my pet peeves about Thad, but look at how much Self played his bench and what he got from them. If Siebert and Ross don't see their chances to play, next season, with Buford, Sullinger, and Thomas leaving, then they're not smart enough to be in college, anyway.

pete goegan is offline  
Old
04-01-2012, 09:59 AM
  #339
EspenK
Registered User
 
EspenK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 5,188
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pete goegan View Post
Normally I'd agree, that's one of my pet peeves about Thad, but look at how much Self played his bench and what he got from them. If Siebert and Ross don't see their chances to play, next season, with Buford, Sullinger, and Thomas leaving, then they're not smart enough to be in college, anyway.
I checked the other game box scores and I was surprised that all used 7 (players) or one may have used 8. My ***** about Matta is that his subs don't make much of an impact unlike some of the other teams,mostly Ky and Louisville. If he had played them more during the season, then maybe, they would be better suited to handle the big games.

My other thought is are Sullinger and Thomas really going to go. I guess they should but if I was an NBA gm I'd have real doubts about Sullinger in particular. He really struggles when the other guy is as good (or better) as he is. And he definitely struggled against the big guy yesterday.

EspenK is offline  
Old
04-01-2012, 10:09 AM
  #340
Matthew
F.A.R.T on Mike Todd
 
Matthew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Country: United States
Posts: 7,318
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Matthew
Sullinger and Thomas really **** the bed, especially in the 2nd half of that game. I'd say it was a choke job. That's my BS excuse.

Matthew is offline  
Old
04-01-2012, 02:07 PM
  #341
SuperGenius
Moderator
For Duty & Humanity!
 
SuperGenius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,586
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert View Post
My wife gets at least ten monthly, do you remember when TV came out in the early 50's , some said that movies at the theater would soon be extinct with a TV in everyone’s home; never happened, there will always be a niche for the written word on a piece of paper.
You've clearly never used an iPad while sitting on the "throne".

SuperGenius is offline  
Old
04-02-2012, 11:16 PM
  #342
Robert
Foligno family
 
Robert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: KY & Lime Lake NY
Country: United States
Posts: 30,237
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Robert
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperGenius View Post
You've clearly never used an iPad while sitting on the "throne".
True, I don't even own one....yet.

Shout out to The Kentucky Wildcats, they had a great year. How bout the freshman Anthony Davis winning the MVP.. he's a good kid too, the cameras could his father crying in the stands. That Lamb kid is money with field goals all over the court.

Kansas had a great comeback late in the game but two mistakes at critical moments saved the day for KU.. It was closer than the final score.

Robert is offline  
Old
04-03-2012, 01:23 AM
  #343
FANonymous
Registered User
 
FANonymous's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 4,911
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperGenius View Post
You've clearly never used an iPad while sitting on the "throne".
I think I'd rather accidentally drop a newspaper in the toilet than an Ipad...

FANonymous is offline  
Old
04-03-2012, 07:51 AM
  #344
blahblah
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 16,523
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew View Post
I'd say it was a choke job. That's my BS excuse.
Coming in late (both thread and game, only watched the last 5 minutes of the game), but that was one of the worst displays for the last 2 minutes of a game I've seen in a long time. OSU shot themselves in the foot numerous times. They got what they deserved. The couldn't defend and they couldn't even get off a square shot.

blahblah is offline  
Old
04-03-2012, 08:02 AM
  #345
Fro
Yes Cbus has hockey
 
Fro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Drinking With Carts
Country: United States
Posts: 15,010
vCash: 500
Has Kentucky been forced to vacate their title yet? Its inevitable that Calipari did something that will be found...

Fro is offline  
Old
04-03-2012, 08:09 AM
  #346
Double-Shift Lassé
Moderator
Just post better
 
Double-Shift Lassé's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Superurban Cbus
Country: United States
Posts: 17,864
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fro View Post
Has Kentucky been forced to vacate their title yet? Its inevitable that Calipari did something that will be found...
But Coach Cal didn't do anything... which his supporters will tell you right before telling you bug off because his 11th place Hornets have a (very) outside shot at making the playoffs and they don't need the distraction.

__________________
"Every game, every point is a necessity." -- Ty Conklin, January 2007
"I'll have a chance to compete for the post of first issue. This is the most important thing." -- Sergei Bobrovsky, June 2012
Double-Shift Lassé is offline  
Old
04-05-2012, 04:15 PM
  #347
pete goegan
HFBoards Sponsor
 
pete goegan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 11,770
vCash: 500
Beautiful opening days in both Cleveland and Cincinnati! Today, even an I-71 Series seems possible!




Edit: Tribe blows a 4-1 lead in the 9th, won't win a single game all year!


Last edited by pete goegan: 04-05-2012 at 05:11 PM.
pete goegan is offline  
Old
04-06-2012, 03:29 PM
  #348
VinnyC
vancity, c-bus, 'peg
 
VinnyC's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: 新香
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,788
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pete goegan View Post
Beautiful opening days in both Cleveland and Cincinnati! Today, even an I-71 Series seems possible!




Edit: Tribe blows a 4-1 lead in the 9th, won't win a single game all year!
They won't even bother to tease us with a good first half of the season this time around.

:<

VinnyC is offline  
Old
04-06-2012, 08:29 PM
  #349
EspenK
Registered User
 
EspenK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 5,188
vCash: 500
Deshaun Thomas coming back. if he improves as much as he did this year he could be really something. Now if LaQuinton Ross can do what he needs to the Bucks could have some scoring to replace Sullinger & Buford.

EspenK is offline  
Old
04-07-2012, 09:03 AM
  #350
Columbus Mike
Next CBJ GM
 
Columbus Mike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 712
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by EspenK View Post
Deshaun Thomas coming back. if he improves as much as he did this year he could be really something. Now if LaQuinton Ross can do what he needs to the Bucks could have some scoring to replace Sullinger & Buford.
I'm really surprised Thomas is coming back, and hope he continues to get better. I don't recall many players that improved their game so much in one year. If that trend continues, he could be really special.

Columbus Mike is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:59 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.