HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Your Perfect Offseason?

Old
03-30-2012, 04:17 AM
Glennsoe
Horndog

vCash: 500
Sun,fun, beer and scantly clad women..

That's the dream and plan anyways...

Glennsoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2012, 04:36 AM
MDL8981

Wouldnt trading Dubinsky almost be a necessary move in order to throw a big offer at Parise?

How else would we fit a Parise contract (or Nash, or any other big deal) under the cap next year and going forward w/Duby's 4.2M hit still here?

MDL8981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2012, 05:00 AM
ImIdaho
Choo-Choo-Choose me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDL8981 View Post
Wouldnt trading Dubinsky almost be a necessary move in order to throw a big offer at Parise?

How else would we fit a Parise contract (or Nash, or any other big deal) under the cap next year and going forward w/Duby's 4.2M hit still here?
We give him a contract similar to Richards.

His cap hit would only be $5 million. We would owe him $76 million the first two, and the remaining years he'd be playing for like $20 million.

ImIdaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2012, 07:59 AM
MSG the place to be*

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyStart View Post
Wow you just successfully combined utter ignorance with being a complete ass to everyone in this thread. amazing
Quote:
Really I thought it would have been when he scored the most goals and points on the team that's leading the league. I really find it funny you just use the blanket term assets to trade away our two best forwards rather than actually stick your neck out and try to give us an example of what assets you feel we could get. Shows how utterly full of crap your arguement is. Perfect offseason could also be just for this current team based on what we are currently acheiving and have been building towards the last 4 or 5 years to continue to do what it has been doing with a minor tweak here or there. Since you clearly haven't been paying attention I'll clue you in. We've been building towards multiple cup runs over the next 3-4 years. "Perfect" and "transformative excellence" do not call to mind destroying our chance at cup runs for the next 3 or 4 years. Y'know what that is? Foolish agenda (not opinion) driven garbage.

Like another poster i seriously thought you were joking until that "transformative excellence" post.
Quote:
You do know that last year's 1 has been a 1 for multiple years right? Your post seems to imply they were around for about 1. They also got there not by building a team but by acquiring some all world talent and riding it as far as it could go without much D and G support. That's very different from our current team and "path". And last year's 2 was having widely reported locker room issues between coaches and players. Not to mention they signed Carter to a contract he apparently was not going to live up to. Then ACTUAL NAMEABLE assets became available and THEN they traded. They did NOT simply say "Oh assets? Assets? for our best two F? Wow let's do it! Random assets hells yea!" See the difference? No of course not.
Thanks for the critique my man.

Let me ask you guys this...What's the most visible part of any house? The front porch.

Transformative excellence is the only way to go, especially if we are talking about idealistic approaches to the offseason.

MSG the place to be* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2012, 08:23 AM
NYR Viper

Here would be mine:

Trade Dubinsky for picks/high-end prospect

Sign Parise for 7 years @ 7.3 million/season

Go into next season with:

Hagelin-Richards-Gaborik
Parise-Stepan-Callahan
Kreider-Anisimov-MZA
Prust-Boyle-Rupp

McDonagh-Girardi
Staal-MDZ
Erixon-Sauer
Bickel

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2012, 09:07 AM
Trxjw
Retired.

Obviously a parade would be nice, but assuming that doesn't happen..

1. Sign Justin Schultz.
Why? Well, because he's probably one of the most dynamic defensemen outside of the NHL today. The kid is Mike Green-lite with a hockey IQ that extends beyond the offensive zone. He would be a tremendous addition to the blue line. I think he could use some work on his strength over the summer, but a Tortorella conditioning camp could make him NHL ready next fall.

2. Trade Dubinsky to Chicago for Kyle Beach and their 2012 1st Round pick.
Why? Because we could use the cap space to sign Parise, or make a trade without having to send salary back. That spare 1st rounder could be additional sweetener in a trade, or could be used to move up in the draft, or simply allow us to take a quality prospect. With young kids coming up and making an impact, it's important to keep the prospect pool stocked.

Beach is a hard nosed forward with a scoring touch. He has a great shot and plays a Tortorella brand of hockey. If he doesn't develop into the top-six powerforward he's projected to be, he could still step in and give us a gritty presence on our third line that can also generate some offense.

3. Sign / Trade for a Scoring Forward
The obvious move is to sign Parise to a reasonable contract. Alternatives include Nash, Bobby Ryan, or perhaps someone we don't know is available.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2012, 10:08 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

The CBA will be a big topic. The cap increases every year in the current CBA. The NFL cap was $120M last year. It will remain the same in 12. Bob Kraft indicated it will remain flat for the forseeable future. The NFL got the networks to spread out the new TV money. The stupid NFLPA didn't realize that. The NBA cap can't be less than $58M which was the 10-11 cap figure this and next season. Will it increase for 13-14? If the NHL has the same flatline,the Rangers will not rely on cap increases to keep the team together. They should sit this off season out. Go all out for Justin Schultz. Wait to see what happens with the CBA.

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2012, 11:40 AM
JayQueensNY88*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt4776 View Post
Pretty self-explanatory title. What would your perfect offseason look like?

Personally, I would:

Trade Dubi for prospects/picks.
Sign Parise for an AAV of 7M
Sign Jagr for a 1 year 3M deal
Sign Schultz for max ELC allowed
Sign Kreider
Resign Biron, Prust, DZ

Roll with:

Hagelin-Richards-Gaborik
Parise-Stepan-Callahan
Kreider-Anisimov-Jagr
Rupp-Boyle-Prust

McDonagh-Girardi
Staal-Del Zotto or Del Zotto-Staal
Erixon-Sauer (if healthy) or Schultz

Lundqvist
Biron

Run a PP of some combination between Richards, Jagr, Gaborik, Cally, and DZ.

I'd go to war with this team.

Thoughts?
i think the lineup looks tough to play against,lol..Parise is just costing too much..id like a vet like Doan.and forget about Jagr.

Hagelin-Richards-Gaborik
Doan/Kreider-Stepan-Callahan
Doan/Kreider-Anisimov-Prust
Rupp-Boyle-Newbury/Yogan

McDonagh-Girardi
Staal-Del Zotto
(Third pairing depends on Sauers health&if Schultz is signed)
Sauer-Schultz...Bickel-Schultz...Schultz-Eminger...Eminger-Bickel

yes i am a big fan of both Bickel and Eminger and have no problem what so ever with that 3rd pairing.

I say move Dubi and Erixon @ draft if possible for draft picks and prospects... in Dubis case try n maybe acquire a 2nd rounder and good fringe 2nd liner..I d k ,im not great at proposals,but know what i would like to see and see done.

JayQueensNY88* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2012, 11:43 AM
Blueshirt Special
HFBoards Sponsor

My perfect off-season is one spent enjoying the glow of The Stanley Cup Champion New York Rangers.

You said "perfect"

03-30-2012, 11:57 AM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayQueensNY88 View Post
i think the lineup looks tough to play against,lol..Parise is just costing too much..id like a vet like Doan.and forget about Jagr.

Hagelin-Richards-Gaborik
Doan/Kreider-Stepan-Callahan
Doan/Kreider-Anisimov-Prust
Rupp-Boyle-Newbury/Yogan

McDonagh-Girardi
Staal-Del Zotto
(Third pairing depends on Sauers health&if Schultz is signed)
Sauer-Schultz...Bickel-Schultz...Schultz-Eminger...Eminger-Bickel

yes i am a big fan of both Bickel and Eminger and have no problem what so ever with that 3rd pairing.

I say move Dubi and Erixon @ draft if possible for draft picks and prospects... in Dubis case try n maybe acquire a 2nd rounder and good fringe 2nd liner..I d k ,im not great at proposals,but know what i would like to see and see done.
Why would you move Erixon? He's going to be a fixture on this team for many years once his game rounds into form and he bulks up a few pounds. You realize he's only 21 years old, right?

broadwayblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2012, 12:54 PM
Killem Dafoe
Global Moderator
Regular Salad

vCash: 50
Get Kreider over here.

Hagelin works on his hands and tightens up his shot.

Keep Prust

those three things and i will be happy. Signing Parise will be cool too or somehow getting Nash which i'm sure Sather will try for one of those, but Hagelin and Kreider are fine top 6 left wings in my book but well see.

Killem Dafoe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2012, 12:55 PM
bobbop
Henrik & Pop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt4776 View Post
What would your perfect offseason look like?
Stanley Cup Parade

Long term extensions for MDZ and McDonagh

A 3rd line reinforcement who can score.

Health for all.

bobbop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2012, 01:33 PM
bernmeister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post

Why? Because we could use the cap space to sign Parise, or make a trade without having to send salary back. That spare 1st rounder could be additional sweetener in a trade, or could be used to move up in the draft, or simply allow us to take a quality prospect. With young kids coming up and making an impact, it's important to keep the prospect pool stocked.

Beach is a hard nosed forward with a scoring touch. He has a great shot and plays a Tortorella brand of hockey. If he doesn't develop into the top-six powerforward he's projected to be, he could still step in and give us a gritty presence on our third line that can also generate some offense.

I think it's smart to see if we can get Beach cheap or at least reasonably.
But why Beach + 1st instead of Olsen + McNeil for Dubi + Thomas

Olsen can actually play for us at some point next year, and everybody is about not enough D depth.

Who do you consider prospect w/better scoring touch? Beach or McNeil

bernmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2012, 02:20 PM
DM23BK30
HFB Partner

My perfect offseason depends on whether they get to the CF or not.

CF or beyond -- Stay the course, add Schultz, re-sign Prust, re-sign Biron, bring Kreider to camp, draft Nieves

2nd round loss -- Add Schultz, re-sign Prust, bring in Kreider, re-sign Biron, draft Nieves, gun for Parise hard

1st round loss -- Add Schultz, re-sign Prust, trade Dubinsky and Staal for Ryan, bring in Kreider, draft Nieves, make huge run at Parise with Semin as a backup.

DM23BK30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2012, 10:16 PM
wafflepadsave

Quote:
Obviously a parade would be nice, but assuming that doesn't happen..

1. Sign Justin Schultz.
Why? Well, because he's probably one of the most dynamic defensemen outside of the NHL today. The kid is Mike Green-lite with a hockey IQ that extends beyond the offensive zone. He would be a tremendous addition to the blue line. I think he could use some work on his strength over the summer, but a Tortorella conditioning camp could make him NHL ready next fall.

3. Sign / Trade for a Scoring Forward
The obvious move is to sign Parise to a reasonable contract. Alternatives include Nash, Bobby Ryan, or perhaps someone we don't know is available.
Like this thinking. Beach has kind of flown under the radar lately. Although think he has slipped to 3rd line status, which would be great. Would be interesting if anyone knew if Parise even likes the rangers at all.
Don't think Suter is even an option with Nashvilles team potential this season. And if he does come to NewYork then DZ has to permenently move to right side or someone is traded. Not to mention Erixon has no room to advance.

wafflepadsave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2012, 11:23 PM
ChrisKreider20
But y u mad?

1. Trade Staal and Dubinsky + for a marquee right handed D...for arguments sake lets say one of Weber, Subban, Bogosian, Burns...
2. Sign Parise
3. Sign David Jones
4. Sign Schultz
Hagelin-Richards-Gaborik
Parise-Stepan-Callahan
Kreider -Anisimov - Jones
Prust - Boyle - Rupp

Del Zotto - Weber
McDonagh - Girardi
Erixon - Sauer/Bickel/Schultz

that's a cup winner

ChrisKreider20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2012, 06:17 AM
jas
Unsatisfied

Get Kreider under ASAP.

Either sign Schultz or draft a RH D-man with offensive upside.

Continue to add overall organizational depth through solid drafting.

Look into acquiring Nash...if the price remains unattractive, stay the course.

jas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2012, 06:46 AM
TCRF
RICK. GNASH

vCash: 476
CBA settles and no lockout.

get Erixon ready for 2013.

go after another sniper or goal scorer aka Parise, Iginla, etc. Nash is too much.

Sign J. Schultz

clear up some space down at the 3rd and 4th lines. IMO, sometimes it seems like we have a log jam down there.

Get depth on the Whalepack

TCRF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2012, 07:33 AM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

+Parade
+4 new banners (Div, Pres, Conf, Cup)
+New CBA (no lockout)
+Visors mandated
+Kreider
+Schultz
+Del Zotto
+Sauer's health
+Prust
+Stralman
+Biron
+Bickel
+Mitchell
+Zuccarello
+Fedotenko (spare)

-Avery
-Woywitka
-Eminger

SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2012, 11:24 AM
bernmeister

Quote:
Originally Posted by wafflepadsave View Post
Like this thinking. Beach has kind of flown under the radar lately. Although think he has slipped to 3rd line status, which would be great. Would be interesting if anyone knew if Parise even likes the rangers at all.
Don't think Suter is even an option with Nashvilles team potential this season. And if he does come to NewYork then DZ has to permenently move to right side or someone is traded. Not to mention Erixon has no room to advance.
I like it too, I just like my proposal getting Olsen + McNeil available more quickly better. But that doesn't mean Beach is a really good idea, espec. if he can be had at discount...

Old
04-03-2012, 11:25 AM
bernmeister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glennsoe View Post
Sun,fun, beer and scantly clad women..

That's the dream and plan anyways...
Put all that AROUND a Rangers win of the Stanley Cup, and we have a winner

Old
04-03-2012, 11:54 AM
Trxjw
Retired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernmeister View Post
I think it's smart to see if we can get Beach cheap or at least reasonably.
But why Beach + 1st instead of Olsen + McNeil for Dubi + Thomas

Olsen can actually play for us at some point next year, and everybody is about not enough D depth.

Who do you consider prospect w/better scoring touch? Beach or McNeil
Because I'd rather have Beach, Thomas, and a 1st in a spot to draft a kid like Dalton Thrower than I would McNeil and Olsen. They're both good players, but I think Beach gives us what we've lacked for a while now: I.e., a guy who plays with snarl every shift, but has the offensive skills to keep him out of the press box every other game.

I think Beach has a better scoring touch than McNeil, but McNeil is going to be a better two way player.

I like Olsen, but I don't think we need another big stay at home type. We have 3 of them on the roster now, with a couple more in the pipeline.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2012, 12:04 PM
n1cON
bleeds blue ! ! !

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupersonicMonkey View Post
+Parade
+4 new banners (Div, Pres, Conf, Cup)
+New CBA (no lockout)
+Visors mandated
+Kreider
+Schultz
+Del Zotto
+Sauer's health
+Prust
+Stralman
+Biron
+Bickel
+Mitchell
+Zuccarello
+Fedotenko (spare)
Just add beer, parties, fun with family and nice vacation then its the perfect off-season

n1cON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2012, 01:12 PM
satrabyk

Jagr is not going to come here to play third line with Anisimov not saying Anisimov is bad its just not gonna happen. Also why this desperation to trade Dubi, atleast give him the benefit of performing well in the playoffs before we make him tradeable.

satrabyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2012, 05:21 PM
bernmeister

Quote:
Because I'd rather have Beach, Thomas, and a 1st in a spot to draft a kid like Dalton Thrower than I would McNeil and Olsen. They're both good players, but I think Beach gives us what we've lacked for a while now: I.e., a guy who plays with snarl every shift, but has the offensive skills to keep him out of the press box every other game.

I think Beach has a better scoring touch than McNeil, but McNeil is going to be a better two way player.

I like Olsen, but I don't think we need another big stay at home type. We have 3 of them on the roster now, with a couple more in the pipeline.
Thanks for the feedback.
I respect your assessment, and fair enough.
Still think we need to upgrade at 5/6 so Olsen is useful, and we're moving Thomas for an upgrade more likely to make it, so I like my deal better.

If my proposal can't be expanded to include Beach, I'd probably support a second separate deal for him.
Maybe Biron, Boyle, Sauer and our 2nd, with a future conditional 3rd to guarantee Sauer
for
Beach and Hawks 1st?