HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Minnesota Wild
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

3/29/12 - Say Hello to the Florida Kitties! 7pm on FSN Dumb and Dumber edition.

Old
03-30-2012, 01:04 AM
Outlandish

vCash: 500
Just got home and watched the game, and here I thought Koivu was all up with the tank after launching that puck to the moon for the delay of game. Oh well, it was nice to see a win again and as long as we stay 5th pick or better for a shot at #1 I guess I'm good with it. Still, tank harder please.

Also, since Florida really needs these points and can't even beat the lowly Wild, they don't really deserve to make the playoffs. Though I'd still like to see Theodore do well in the playoffs. Except we're rooting for New Jersey for that conditional pick. Ahhhh!

Outlandish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2012, 02:57 AM
this providence
Chips in Bed Theorem

Quote:
Originally Posted by zuckerpalooza View Post
Probably should have expected with all the complex and asinine rules systems this forum has in place that there'd be a limit on frequency of username changes... guess I'm zuckerpalooza for this season!
I'll be happy to have it changed for you.

After Meaningless Win - 3/29/12 - Game 77 | SoH-"Who knows, that could have cost us a Cup tonight." | Dooohkay
this providence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2012, 07:47 AM
squidz*
dun worry he's cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avder View Post
Because Koivu is back defective shoulder and all, the team just got its first Fletcher-era prospect and a huge infusion of energy, and now, when all hope is lost and it means absolutely nothing, we are finally turning it around.

Were ****ed.
Second.

Does no one other than me remember the beginning of the season?

squidz* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2012, 09:05 AM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

First two periods I watched were garbage. The entire team was completely unable to break out the puck, make passes, or catch passes. Just terrible hockey.

Then I went to bed, woke up in the morning, and saw they pulled two points out of the game to secure that #5 spot? Jesus.

Zucker was pretty small looking, speedy, but small.

Jarick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2012, 10:36 AM
Billy Mays Here
Optimistic Pessimist

vCash: 50
Now watch us go on a pointless six game win streak to end the season by beating teams like the Hawks and Predators.

Billy Mays Here is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2012, 11:30 AM
W75
Wegistewed Usew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarick View Post
First two periods I watched were garbage. The entire team was completely unable to break out the puck, make passes, or catch passes. Just terrible hockey.

Then I went to bed, woke up in the morning, and saw they pulled two points out of the game to secure that #5 spot? Jesus.

Zucker was pretty small looking, speedy, but small.
I watched the first period because of Zucker.

Never saw that comin. Aww.. a w.. a wwww.. a wihhh... awhhhii ..wait.. ..A WIN!?

W75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2012, 11:31 AM
this providence
Chips in Bed Theorem

As for the game, few things.

Continue to laugh at those who criticize Gilbert's game. Wasn't/Aren't the biggest fan of his but he's a good add that moves the puck extremely well. Most every pass of his in his own end is right on the tape of the forward; not the garbage, lazy blind toss up and/or off the boards that we're so used to seeing. Once the team gets more forwards that I can count on one hand in the line-up who can do both 1) catch a pass and 2) move up the ice effectively, the guy is going to be an asset.

As for Zucker's game, got about what I expected. Flashed a few things here and there but was fairly uneventful. Not all that surprising considering the jump and who he was playing with. Which brings me to me next point; get Powe off Brodziak and Clutterbuck's line and insert Zucker. All will bang, drive the net, and that line won't be pinned in the defensive zone all night. Should give Zucker more time to operate, too. Just can't see Yeo moving up Zucker that quickly, however. As for his defensive efforts, was expected considering what he's coming from to how Yeo wants to play. At Denver, they gain possession in the defensive zone and he flies the zone. He's a deadly player in transition with his skill set and shown as much in collegiate hockey. Here, they're lucky to gain possession and he has a lot more help-side duties. Which brings me to my next thought...

Growing a bit tired of Yeo. I realize he doesn't have what he had or intended to have at this point of the year. However, I'm getting a bit annoyed of this shell he's got this team in right now. At the start of the year at least there was some sort of pressure being applied in all three zones. Right now there's too much collapsing going on and it's making an already poor product even harder to watch. At least make a game of it and give us something to be excited about. Give the few guys who have some sort of skill or element to their game a chance to use it. Also, even though the "4th line" generally causes some havoc, they're still getting way too much time and are being used in bad situations. Do not care for how he's using this line and he's being caught often.

Last edited by this providence: 03-30-2012 at 11:59 AM.
Old
03-30-2012, 11:48 AM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

It was funny, so much of the time Zucker was at the blue line and about to just tear off and then his center couldn't catch a pass or somebody would fumble the puck or botch the breakout, or he'd fly too early. He just wanted to break loose so bad!

Great call on getting Zucker off EC's line. Unless you want to see how he does in the defensive end all year.

From what I've seen from Yeo this year I give him about a "C". Good start with hard forechecking and solid defense, plus the mental resiliency were all "A"s. With a couple injuries though, yes they are collapsing too much, they aren't forechecking, he's screwing with the lines way too often, he's constantly trying to put skill players with brick hands grinders, and obviously had lots of issues with some of his vets, and that's a good "D" or "F".

I think he's trying to outcoach himself. Keep it simple. Put your skill guys on the ice in the offensive zone and your checkers in the defensive zone. Don't get too cute with the line combos. Put the skill guys together in ways they complement each other and keep the checkers and energy lines distinct.

Jarick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2012, 12:13 PM
W75
Wegistewed Usew

I expect that Yeo will be better coach next year. I mean, what a rookie year. He has underwent more ups and downs in one season than some coaches go in a decade.

All of your decisions and reactions can't be right as a rookie. Not even the most. It's a learning process. If he really thinks those over when the season ends, he'll be much more mature, much wiser and one harboiled badass next year.

W75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2012, 12:41 PM
llamapalooza
Hockey State Expat

Quote:
Originally Posted by this providence View Post
I'll be happy to have it changed for you.
If you actually can do that, I'd be happy to take my old name back. Otherwise, I can wait until August; it's not a huge deal.

llamapalooza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2012, 12:47 PM
this providence
Chips in Bed Theorem

Quote:
Originally Posted by zuckerpalooza View Post
If you actually can do that, I'd be happy to take my old name back. Otherwise, I can wait until August; it's not a huge deal.
Ya, we can, I believe. I'll look into it for you. Not exactly sure of the process.

Old
03-30-2012, 12:52 PM
Avder
Global Moderator
Sleep? What's that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wantaa FI75 View Post
I expect that Yeo will be better coach next year. I mean, what a rookie year. He has underwent more ups and downs in one season than some coaches go in a decade.

All of your decisions and reactions can't be right as a rookie. Not even the most. It's a learning process. If he really thinks those over when the season ends, he'll be much more mature, much wiser and one harboiled badass next year.
Thats what I am hoping.

Avder is offline   Reply With Quote