HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Feschuk: Leaf fans canít take it any more

Old
03-30-2012, 11:42 AM
Leafsman

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mess View Post
Burke has already traded away a 2nd (Liles), a 3rd, and 4th (Steckel) from the 2012 draft upcoming draft, and didn't replenish any of them at the trade deadline this year when given ample opportunity as he claims. You would think a team building through the draft wouldn't be so quick to trade away draft picks for vets.
If only there was another period of time before the draft to make some deals!

Leafsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2012, 11:44 AM
Sokil
Ukraine Specialitsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForzaZuffa View Post
LOL @ build through the draft. Where was that mandate 3 years ago?
I see this as an admittance of failure in Plan A, and we're on Plan B now

this is JP Ricardi all over again

Sokil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2012, 11:44 AM
thebluemachine*
go ahead, do it

Sure looks like Burke's building through the draft to me.

Kadri
Biggs
McKegg
Percy
Ross
Colborne
Gardiner
Ashton

Plus another potential lottery pick this year.

thebluemachine* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2012, 11:45 AM
Sokil
Ukraine Specialitsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebluemachine View Post
Sure looks like Burke's building through the draft to me.

Kadri
Biggs
McKegg
Percy
Ross
Gardiner
Ashton

Plus another potential lottery pick this year.
No future NHLers outside of Gardiner (3rd pairing guy)

Nice.

Old
03-30-2012, 11:48 AM
Leafsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sokil View Post

Nice.
Gardiner is a 3rd pairing dman?? Is that what your saying you see his potential to be??

Wow!!! Someone's bitter!

I'd add Holzer to that list, alot of people even outside the organization see potential in him!

Old
03-30-2012, 11:51 AM
Crispy Crust

Quote:
I see this as an admittance of failure in Plan A, and we're on Plan B now

this is JP Ricardi all over again
Ironically they both can't keep their mouths shut.

Crispy Crust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2012, 11:51 AM
thebluemachine*
go ahead, do it

Quote:

Nice.

Yet if they were drafted by another team and/or part of another teams current system people would be making trade proposals to get them here.

lol, fail.

thebluemachine* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2012, 11:52 AM
Sokil
Ukraine Specialitsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafsman View Post
Gardiner is a 3rd pairing dman?? Is that what your saying you see his potential to be??

Wow!!! Someone's bitter!

I'd add Holzer to that list, alot of people even outside the organization see potential in him!
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebluemachine View Post
Yet if they were drafted by another team and/or part of another teams current system people would be making trade proposals to get them here.

lol, fail.
He's not very good, guys. He gets the icetime here because we're one of the worst defensive teams in hockey. Wake up.

Old
03-30-2012, 11:52 AM
Whydidijoin*

Quote:

Nice.

Whydidijoin* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2012, 11:55 AM
Leafsman

Quote:
He's not very good, guys. He gets the icetime here because we're one of the worst defensive teams in hockey. Wake up.
I shoudl wake up!!! No one in their right mind coudl be arguing that Gardiner has potential to be a top dman if he continues his current development! I must be dreaming!

You can't be that jagged and bitter that now you can't even see the upside in Gardiner! Come on' Seriously! IS nothing off bounds in Leafs land from being **** on!

Old
03-30-2012, 11:59 AM
SeenSchenn2
Itchin' For Mitch

Quote:

Stick to tiddly winks.

SeenSchenn2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2012, 11:59 AM
Whydidijoin*

2nd pairing defenseman in rookie season.

3rd pairing potential.

Old
03-30-2012, 12:08 PM
Sokil
Ukraine Specialitsky

I'm just being a realist *sigh* people here watch too much Leafs and not enough hockey in general

My assessment of Schenn was spot on but got the same "omgwtf" reaction on here back then. I don't often eat crow. Whatever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whydidijoin View Post
2nd pairing defenseman in rookie season.

3rd pairing potential.

I can do the same with Bozak.

Top line center in rookie season

Career potential: depth forward

Or Reimer:

Starting goalie in rookie season

Career potential: Journeyman backup

Realize this is the Leafs we're talking about, and that we have no depth to speak of. That's why we have bums taking up top minutes.

Old
03-30-2012, 12:30 PM
htpwn

"Building through the draft?"

Not even Tom Anselmi knows what Burke is doing.

htpwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2012, 12:33 PM
mooseOAK*

Quote:
Originally Posted by htpwn View Post
"Building through the draft?"

Not even Tom Anselmi knows what Burke is doing.
He should, he signed the cheques for all of the scouts and player development people that Burke hired.

mooseOAK* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2012, 12:38 PM
Leafsman

Quote:
I'm just being a realist *sigh* people here watch too much Leafs and not enough hockey in general

My assessment of Schenn was spot on but got the same "omgwtf" reaction on here back then. I don't often eat crow. Whatever.

Or Reimer:

Realize this is the Leafs we're talking about, and that we have no depth to speak of. That's why we have bums taking up top minutes.
Noone has ever disputed Bozak not being a #1C! He is a stopgap for the time-being!

Now your labelling Reimer a journeyman back-up after a bad sophomore slump!

Wow!! You must be a delight!!! Reimer's played 71 games now and is 34-24-9-6 and is a career .911! I'd liekly give him a little more time to develop before writing him off!

Old
03-30-2012, 01:15 PM
Sokil
Ukraine Specialitsky

Why are you yelling!?

Old
03-30-2012, 01:30 PM
Mess
Global Moderator

By definition every team is building through the draft because the NHL hands out 7 rounds of free draft picks to all 30 NHL teams each year, and they all attend the entry draft event, and select players with those provided picks (unless traded away).

If you pick any random NHL team you will find at least a few players that were acquired via the entry draft process.

Mess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2012, 01:32 PM
Whydidijoin*

Quote:

Or Reimer:

I watch plenty of hockey in general. I watched as Columbus wanted Gardiner as the centerpiece for Nash, and we scoffed at it.

If your assessment of Schenn's career potential was a 3rd pairing defenseman, you were not spot on in your assessment. You always seem to eat crow.

What they are in their rookie season is not where they play, it's how they play.

Nobody thought Bozak was a #1 center after his rookie season, and he didn't play as many games as Gardiner. His career potential is 2nd/3rd line center, pretty close to what people thought.

Reimer was seen as a #1 goalie after his first season, and his career potential is #1 goalie. Hilarious that people think 37 games as an above average goaltender means less than 34 games as a below average goaltender, in a season in which the large majority of NHL goaltenders struggle and a season in which he had a concussion 5 games in.

The Leafs have plenty of depth. Things just didn't work out this year. It happens.

You're not being a realist. You're being an eternal pessimist.

Old
03-30-2012, 01:35 PM
Whydidijoin*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mess View Post
By definition every team is building through the draft because the NHL hands out 7 rounds of free draft picks to all 30 NHL teams each year, and they all attend the entry draft event, and select players with those provided picks (unless traded away).

If you pick any random NHL team you will find at least a few players that were acquired via the entry draft process.
And some teams acquire additional picks and recently drafted prospects, like Burke has, meaning that are focusing on the draft more than teams that do not.

Old
03-30-2012, 01:35 PM
T M L

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy Boucher View Post
Feschuk trying so hard to get Burke fired. He knows that when the Leafs are doing well, they're going to completely freeze him out for being unprofessional.

Thank god Anselmi has a brain though.
Burke has sealed his own fate, He has failed miserably.

YES, Leafs fans should be angry, when we have a team of American garbage. All the empty promises, and excuses are old now.

T M L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2012, 01:38 PM
Uncle Slick

My neighbour's employer has season's tickets; from what I've heard, his family has had seasons' since the 60's.

The employer is a die hard fan. But he's fed up.

According to my neighbour, his employer kept all tickets for games in March. He's protesting, says empty seats is what Burke doesn't want to see = no ancillary revenue from merch, food or beverages and that's what the owners don't want to see.

Uncle Slick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2012, 01:44 PM
go_leafs_go02

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Slick View Post
My neighbour's employer has season's tickets; from what I've heard, his family has had seasons' since the 60's.

According to my neighbour, his employer kept all tickets for games in March. He's protesting, says empty seats is what Burke doesn't want to see = no ancillary revenue from merch, food or beverages and that's what the owners don't want to see.
From what I can see on TV, the last week, the lower bowl looks to be about 80-85% full. Lotta gaps in the crowd lately.

But there's fear in giving them up. You give them up, you lose your priority for future season tickets, and if you want to renew when things get better, you're on a waiting list for who knows how many years.

go_leafs_go02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2012, 01:50 PM
Whydidijoin*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Slick View Post

Guy would rather lose thousands of dollars for nothing, just to have one extra seat be empty in the arena. Either you're lying or this guy is extremely stupid. Either way, he's obviously not a die hard fan.

The tickets are sold. What is done with them after the fact is pretty irrelevant to management.

Old
03-30-2012, 02:02 PM
Sokil
Ukraine Specialitsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whydidijoin View Post
I watch plenty of hockey in general. I watched as Columbus wanted Gardiner as the centerpiece for Nash, and we scoffed at it.

If your assessment of Schenn's career potential was a 3rd pairing defenseman, you were not spot on in your assessment. You always seem to eat crow.

What they are in their rookie season is not where they play, it's how they play.

Nobody thought Bozak was a #1 center after his rookie season, and he didn't play as many games as Gardiner. His career potential is 2nd/3rd line center, pretty close to what people thought.

Reimer was seen as a #1 goalie after his first season, and his career potential is #1 goalie. Hilarious that people think 37 games as an above average goaltender means less than 34 games as a below average goaltender, in a season in which the large majority of NHL goaltenders struggle and a season in which he had a concussion 5 games in.

The Leafs have plenty of depth. Things just didn't work out this year. It happens.

You're not being a realist. You're being an eternal pessimist.
A centerpiece? Don't get ahead of yourself pal, lol

I wasn't spot on? Schenn is the new whipping boy now. How far off am I on that? He's terrible. The new car smell has worn off.

You're a total deluded optimist if you think Reimer is good, that's all I can say about that.

The Leafs do not have depth though. Take that back. The Leafs are a team that if one player goes down it's a lost season. That is not depth.