HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Playoff Ticket Prices & Availability

Closed Thread

Old
03-29-2012, 12:23 PM
patnyrnyg

vCash: 500
Exactly. They would lose most of their season ticket base, probably over 75%. They wouldn't be able to sell individually and would wind up putting them up on StubHub themselves for considerably less. Then, the 25% of their base they actually kept would be annoyed and then would start canceling as well.

Old
03-29-2012, 12:32 PM
Jumbo*
TARGET: ACQUIRED

Got myself tickets to game 7 of the first round, and game 1 of the second round today. Both in the 300's.

And i agree with the people saying the scalpers are deadbeats. Get a real job. And i don't mean the STH's who sell half their tickets, thats fine.

Old
03-29-2012, 01:37 PM
Cliffy1814

Quote:
Originally Posted by patnyrnyg View Post
Exactly. They would lose most of their season ticket base, probably over 75%. They wouldn't be able to sell individually and would wind up putting them up on StubHub themselves for considerably less. Then, the 25% of their base they actually kept would be annoyed and then would start canceling as well.

No doubt, you are absolutely right. I was speaking specifically of the playoff seats (that is what this thread was discussing).

The 400 level seats (not counting obstructed view) are going for $122 on TM. Since they are all gone, and we are blaming Brokers, then Brokers (who know the market) obviously feel they can easily get $160+ for these seats and I agree.
I have 4 Season tickets , and already Sold 2 to Game 1 & 2 on stubhub for $160 (minus the SH vig I net $136 a ticket).

I think the one thing we can all agree on is that the Market for tickets (secondary or otherwise) has changed dramatically in the past 5-10 years.
Parts of it I like (met tickets in upper deck for $1), parts of it I don't.

Old
03-29-2012, 02:50 PM
broadwayblue

Anyone have an idea when game 1 of the first round will be? April 10 or 11 perhaps?

Old
03-29-2012, 02:54 PM
Ih8theislanders
Full-kit ****ers

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
Anyone have an idea when game 1 of the first round will be? April 10 or 11 perhaps?
Probably the 11th or 12th.

Old
03-29-2012, 02:56 PM
5Minutes4Fighting
Killer B's!

Quote:
Playoffs start on 4/11. Whether Rangers start on 4/11 or 4/12 depends on who's home and who shares buildings with other teams who may have games that night (Knicks are on road, so if Rangers are # 1 seed, they may play on 4/11). Bruins, on other hand can't start on 4/11 because Celtics have a home game that night. You probably won't know until a couple days before.

Old
03-29-2012, 02:57 PM
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck

Quote:
Playoffs usually start on the Wednesday after the season ends so probably the 11th or 12th. Important to keep in mind that the Knicks are home that Friday and Sunday so I'd say it's more likely the Rangers start that Thursday so games 1 and 2 are Thursday/Saturday.

03-29-2012, 02:59 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ih8theislanders View Post
Probably the 11th or 12th.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5Minutes4Fighting View Post
Playoffs start on 4/11. Whether Rangers start on 4/11 or 4/12 depends on who's home and who shares buildings with other teams who may have games that night (Knicks are on road, so if Rangers are # 1 seed, they may play on 4/11). Bruins, on other hand can't start on 4/11 because Celtics have a home game that night. You probably won't know until a couple days before.
Thanks. Good to know it won't be before the 11th...just had to accept an evening meeting on the 10th. I hate when business interferes with hockey. lol

Old
03-30-2012, 09:26 AM
patnyrnyg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffy1814 View Post
No doubt, you are absolutely right. I was speaking specifically of the playoff seats (that is what this thread was discussing).

The 400 level seats (not counting obstructed view) are going for $122 on TM. Since they are all gone, and we are blaming Brokers, then Brokers (who know the market) obviously feel they can easily get $160+ for these seats and I agree.
I have 4 Season tickets , and already Sold 2 to Game 1 & 2 on stubhub for $160 (minus the SH vig I net $136 a ticket).

I think the one thing we can all agree on is that the Market for tickets (secondary or otherwise) has changed dramatically in the past 5-10 years.
Parts of it I like (met tickets in upper deck for $1), parts of it I don't.
First off, I am not blaming the brokers. I would be willing to bet my winning mega millions ticket for tonight that the brokers didnt get the majority of the tickets. It is just the easy scapegoat for the whiny brat who didnt get anything. Must be the brokers and their special secret programs to get into the system and steal their tickets.

Yes, YOU may have sold them for that money. However, if EVERY ticket in the 400's was put up for $160 and up, there is no chance they would all sell for the first round. People would start slowly lowering their prices, $5 here, $5 there. Then, the buyers would have a price in mind and as soon as someone lowers to their price, they start selling. You were able to take advantage (not purposely, or not your fault) of the person who isn't patient enough or aware enough to know the prices will come down.

Old
03-30-2012, 09:27 AM
patnyrnyg

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRFAN218 View Post
Playoffs usually start on the Wednesday after the season ends so probably the 11th or 12th. Important to keep in mind that the Knicks are home that Friday and Sunday so I'd say it's more likely the Rangers start that Thursday so games 1 and 2 are Thursday/Saturday.
If the Knicks are sunday night, the Rangers could easily be Sunday afternoon for NBC. If the Knicks are sunday afternoon, Rangers could be sunday night for VS or whatever the heck it is called now.

The match-up will also come into play. If they get Ottawa, good chance they have a Saturday night game as CBC will want them for HNIC and they are the only Canadian team in the East. On the otherhand, CBC might also want Pitt for HNIC as Crosby gets interest from all over Canada.

Old
03-30-2012, 11:37 AM
Blueshirt67

Quote:
If you look at the Garden website there is a MANA Concert on the 10th and 11th at 8PM. So I think it is safe to assume that game 1 will be Thursday the 12th.
The Knicks play Sunday afternoon 4/15 and while they could get the arena ready for a sunday night Rangers game, it seems like it would make more sense to play it on Saturday.

Old
03-30-2012, 11:46 AM
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck

Quote:
If the Knicks are sunday night, the Rangers could easily be Sunday afternoon for NBC. If the Knicks are sunday afternoon, Rangers could be sunday night for VS or whatever the heck it is called now.

The match-up will also come into play. If they get Ottawa, good chance they have a Saturday night game as CBC will want them for HNIC and they are the only Canadian team in the East. On the otherhand, CBC might also want Pitt for HNIC as Crosby gets interest from all over Canada.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueshirt67 View Post
If you look at the Garden website there is a MANA Concert on the 10th and 11th at 8PM. So I think it is safe to assume that game 1 will be Thursday the 12th.
The Knicks play Sunday afternoon 4/15 and while they could get the arena ready for a sunday night Rangers game, it seems like it would make more sense to play it on Saturday.
Yep, all good points. So right now the dead dates at the Garden include...

4/10 - Mana
4/11 - Mana
4/13 - Knicks
4/15 Knicks (1 PM start though, could have a 7:30 Rangers game)
4/17 - Knicks
4/19 - Nickelback (Good God)
4/25 - Knicks

I think it's safe to say the Rangers will open up Thursday/Saturday. Because of that, the Nickelback concert shouldn't interfere either as if they follow the every other day routine, game 5 should be at MSG the day after on the 20th.

Old
03-30-2012, 11:58 AM
patnyrnyg

Are Mana and Nickelback in the arena or theater? I do not know anything about either so have no idea if they have the following to warrant having in the arena.

Old
03-30-2012, 12:06 PM
Blueshirt67

Quote:
Are Mana and Nickelback in the arena or theater? I do not know anything about either so have no idea if they have the following to warrant having in the arena.
I've never heard of Mana but the website says it's in the arena not the theatre.

Old
03-30-2012, 12:25 PM
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck

Quote:
Says both are in the arena according to their site. I sorted the event schedule by MSG events only.

Old
03-30-2012, 12:35 PM
Occidentalist
Beernerd

Admittedly I only skimmed this thread so I might have missed it.

I have a Chase checking account and they sent me a link for presale playoff tix. However I searched (ROund 1, Home Games 1 through 4 and Round 2, Home Games 1-4 and nothing came up. Can they be gone already?

Old
03-30-2012, 12:41 PM
Abooch68

So I assume if there is a game 7 it will be on Monday the 23rd or Tuesday the 24th.

Old
03-30-2012, 12:54 PM
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Occidentalist View Post
Admittedly I only skimmed this thread so I might have missed it.

I have a Chase checking account and they sent me a link for presale playoff tix. However I searched (ROund 1, Home Games 1 through 4 and Round 2, Home Games 1-4 and nothing came up. Can they be gone already?
Even though the Chase one started two hours later, I think they released all the tickets they had planned for this presale when the STH presale started. And those were scooped up quickly. More will be released when they run the next presale I assume.

Old
03-30-2012, 02:29 PM
Giacomin

Quote:
Even though the Chase one started two hours later, I think they released all the tickets they had planned for this presale when the STH presale started. And those were scooped up quickly. More will be released when they run the next presale I assume.
The presale for STH,s was over in less than 5 minutes. I logged on at exactly 10am and was fortunate to snag 4 for game 2. After negotiating the site I tried for another game but none was available.In years past they never sold this fast.

Old
03-30-2012, 04:33 PM
ltrangerfan

I'm not sure why anyone is upset with brokers? Everyone can approach the garden, put in for a season ticket and therefore are entitled to every game for face value.

I have been a season ticket holder for over 20 years. Some years tickets were difficult to move. I took losses on many games I failed to attend (resold tix) and moved on. During the lean years who was complaining that tickets were hard to come by? If the Rangers were knocked from a playoff birth with a couple weeks to go before season's end, how much was the resale market offering tickets for?

As I ponder my own situation, with sharply higher prices starting next season, I am wondering whether buying a ST is worthwhile? Without the tickets, I would not have to work on resales. I wouldn't have to worry about ticket prices collapsing based on the teams performance. I could relax and buy many games at prices below face. Premium games deserve premium prices. I would pay up should I choose to attend those games. I certainly wouldn't renew if Playoff tickets weren't included in the package. I would simply buy tickets from those who wanted to sustain losses during the lean years. In those years, Ticket brokers are badly needed especially since many of today's ticket buyers disappear.

Last edited by ltrangerfan: 03-30-2012 at 04:40 PM.
Old
03-30-2012, 09:55 PM
Alicat
Charge!

B's fan here.

Ouch. I thought we got hit hard this year for playoffs.

For us, if you wanted the cheapest price, you had to renew by March 21st. After they went up a bit.

We have the option to pay it all up front or Pay As We Play.

If I paid upfront it would be $1,624 per seat before 3/21. After: 1,936 .

For Pay As We Play, once we're in (we are), we pay for the first 2 playoff games. If we have to play another game in that series, we then pay per game.

It resets every series.

I sit in 310 row 2, Bruins shoot 2x. I renewed before March 21 so mine break down to:

1st: $58
2nd: $87
3rd: $116
Finals: $145

Last year, Mine were: 1st: $35 2nd: $56 3rd: $76 Finals: $102

If you renewed after March 21:

1st: $69
2nd: $104
3rd: $138
Finals: $173

Good luck (but not against us)

I am Boston Strong

Old
03-31-2012, 08:28 AM
patnyrnyg

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltrangerfan View Post
I'm not sure why anyone is upset with brokers? Everyone can approach the garden, put in for a season ticket and therefore are entitled to every game for face value.

I have been a season ticket holder for over 20 years. Some years tickets were difficult to move. I took losses on many games I failed to attend (resold tix) and moved on. During the lean years who was complaining that tickets were hard to come by? If the Rangers were knocked from a playoff birth with a couple weeks to go before season's end, how much was the resale market offering tickets for?

As I ponder my own situation, with sharply higher prices starting next season, I am wondering whether buying a ST is worthwhile? Without the tickets, I would not have to work on resales. I wouldn't have to worry about ticket prices collapsing based on the teams performance. I could relax and buy many games at prices below face. Premium games deserve premium prices. I would pay up should I choose to attend those games. I certainly wouldn't renew if Playoff tickets weren't included in the package. I would simply buy tickets from those who wanted to sustain losses during the lean years. In those years, Ticket brokers are badly needed especially since many of today's ticket buyers disappear.
It is simple. The Broker has what they want and wants more money than they paid. It is basically an adult being a brat.

Old
03-31-2012, 08:31 AM
GordonGecko
Stanley Cup 2015

vCash: 50
Playoff strips are in the Fedex system, expect delivery Tuesday

Old
03-31-2012, 08:45 AM
Giacomin

[QUOTE=Alycat;47017067]B's fan here.

New York will always charge a premium especially for playoffs. With the stock market having the best quarter in 14 years many fans are looking to spend money as is evident by the rise in the secondary ticket market price. New Yorkers tend to flock to the big events and if the Rangers go on a run into June I would expect them to be a tough ticket. Just look at the pre-sale that was over in 5 minutes

Old
03-31-2012, 10:23 AM
Alicat
Charge!

[QUOTE=Bickel41;47030479]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alycat View Post
B's fan here.

New York will always charge a premium especially for playoffs. With the stock market having the best quarter in 14 years many fans are looking to spend money as is evident by the rise in the secondary ticket market price. New Yorkers tend to flock to the big events and if the Rangers go on a run into June I would expect them to be a tough ticket. Just look at the pre-sale that was over in 5 minutes
I'd imagine it will be even crazier than Boston was last year as you are much larger.

Our pre-sale was sold out in 5 minutes as well and box office for nosebleeds was over $100 per ticket.

Stubhub/Ace will be getting a huge boost here depending on who we play.

We had a lot of scamers because of our long run so be very careful on the secondary market.

This year, the Bruins included our playoff tickets with our regular season ticket booklet.

Closed Thread