HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

2011-12 All Purpose Kings Trade Rumors and Proposals Thread VIII

Old
03-30-2012, 09:54 AM
johnjm22

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perro View Post
Not sure if we have the assets needed to get him anymore though. Our cubboard is pretty bar as far as top teir prospects.
Schenn and Simmonds was rumoured to be the asking price last season. We don't have either now.
If the flames trade him they will want to rebuild and will likely get alot better offers elsewhere. Iginla will get to pick where he goes, but I have always thought the belwo trade would make sense for both teams.
To Pittsburgh:
Iginla
To Calgary:
Stall, 1st.
That's true. We don't have that many top prospects or movable young roster players.

Bernier is our best bargaining chip, but the Flames probably wouldn't have that much interest in him.

johnjm22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2012, 09:58 AM
Whiskeypete

Quote:
Most flames fans are frustrated that the rebuild didn't start two years ago. For some reason the fames owners do not want to look like bad guys by askign players to move their no trades. THis changed a little with Feaster and Robyn Reiger.

sometimes the truth hurts like a ***** after denying it for years

Whiskeypete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2012, 10:09 AM
tigermask48
Maniacal Laugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
It was a topic of discussion and worth noting since I think 2012 is a good enough year to evaluate how Lombardi's first draft developed. An evaluation of a draft class after four to five years paints a clearer picture on what were the hits and misses of that draft class.

They came away with two regular NHL players, both taken in the first round. After that they were all pretty much misses, and I don't think Bud Holloway turns into anything, at least not with the Kings. All in all, they didn't really land any player in particular who could be considered a core player.
Would two NHL regulars be considered a decent draft though?
No real high end talent that the Kings got but there's also Zatkoff and Holloway who are some what on the cuspe of making being lower level NHLers.

Speaking of draft history. How good do the 2007 and 2008 at this point already? 2007 has A-Mart, Simmonds and King established or establishing themselves as NHL regulars, with Moller and Hickey both on the fringe of being NHLers.

2008 has DD, VV, and Loki already with NHL games under their belts and Campbell, Teubert and Roe as potential future NHLers.
Granted some of them aren't with the Kings anymore, but man 4-5 NHL players out of a draft from one team is kind of crazy...

tigermask48 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2012, 10:13 AM
Thrice
Coyote Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigermask48 View Post
No real high end talent that the Kings got but there's also Zatkoff and Holloway who are some what on the cuspe of making being lower level NHLers.

Speaking of draft history. How good do the 2007 and 2008 at this point already? 2007 has A-Mart, Simmonds and King established or establishing themselves as NHL regulars, with Moller and Hickey both on the fringe of being NHLers.

2008 has DD, VV, and Loki already with NHL games under their belts and Campbell, Teubert and Roe as potential future NHLers.
Granted some of them aren't with the Kings anymore, but man 4-5 NHL players out of a draft from one team is kind of crazy...
That's exactly the goal that Lombardi shoots for. 2 to 3 NHL regulars in each draft.

Thrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2012, 11:05 AM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
People can bash the Lewis pick but I see him turning into a Kirk Maltby type of player for the Kings.

Reaper45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2012, 11:07 AM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45 View Post
People can bash the Lewis pick but I see him turning into a Kirk Maltby type of player for the Kings.
I see him being more Draper than Maltby. Maltby played with an edge and was pretty chippy and a pest. Lewis is more of a speedy two-way forward, much like Draper, who can play wing or C in a pinch.

Ziggy Stardust is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2012, 11:52 AM
Primakov!

Quote:
Two players out of a seven round draft is actually very good considering that's almost a 29% success rate.

The last time I looked up the statistical information, the NHL average was at around 19% as of the 2007 draft.

Primakov! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2012, 01:08 PM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
I see him being more Draper than Maltby. Maltby played with an edge and was pretty chippy and a pest. Lewis is more of a speedy two-way forward, much like Draper, who can play wing or C in a pinch.
I said Maltby because Draper had more offense than Maltby and I don't see Lewis' offense taking off anytime soon. Also Lewis has been playing very chippy lately. I see a lot more of that in his future.

Reaper45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2012, 01:28 PM
Minor Boarding

Quote:

Teubert already played for the Oilers to. Not that he had a big competition for a roster spot during their anual injury bug part of the season tho.

Roe, I have trouble seeing making the NHL.

While those draft provided some players it would've been nice to draft a top guy like Jamie Benn (129 overall in 2007) in the late rounds.

Minor Boarding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2012, 01:48 PM
Vino

Quote:
her now.
If the flames trade him they will want to rebuild and will likely get alot better offers elsewhere. Iginla will get to pick where he goes, but I have always thought the belwo trade would make sense for both teams.
To Pittsburgh:
Iginla
To Calgary:
Stall, 1st.
Stall? Do you mean Jordan Staal? He alone has more value than Iginla. 23 year old, excellent twoway player, 18 pts last 17 games. Do you really think that Penguins trade Staal and 1st round pick to Calgary and get back only 35 year old over the hill Iginla.

Jordan Staal is better player than vastly overrated Mike Richards. Would you trade Mike Richards and 1st round pick to Calgary, so you can get Iginla?

Vino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2012, 01:55 PM
Perro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vino View Post
Stall? Do you mean Jordan Staal? He alone has more value than Iginla. 23 year old, excellent twoway player, 18 pts last 17 games. Do you really think that Penguins trade Staal and 1st round pick to Calgary and get back only 35 year old over the hill Iginla.

Jordan Staal is better player than vastly overrated Mike Richards. Would you trade Mike Richards and 1st round pick to Calgary, so you can get Iginla?
Allright maybe no firtst, but Iginla for Staal (sorry for spelling), does sound like a good foundation. It has yet to be seen if Staal does so well becuase he doesn't play against other teams top players or how he would do in a number one role.

Perro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2012, 02:12 PM
King Richards
Dry Island II

Quote:
Iginla for Staal (sorry for spelling), does sound like a good foundation.
No it doesn't. Talk about robbery... that trade would never happen.

King Richards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2012, 02:21 PM
Perro

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Richards View Post
No it doesn't. Talk about robbery... that trade would never happen.
Think you are undervaluing iginla.

Perro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2012, 02:45 PM
tigermask48
Maniacal Laugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minor Boarding View Post
Teubert already played for the Oilers to. Not that he had a big competition for a roster spot during their anual injury bug part of the season tho.

Roe, I have trouble seeing making the NHL.

While those draft provided some players it would've been nice to draft a top guy like Jamie Benn (129 overall in 2007) in the late rounds.
Yeah I tried not to count injury callups in my thinking but yeah I think he played like 20 games for the Oil this year and didn't look out of place.

Roe put up 38 points as an AHL rookie this year (granted he's 23) which ties him with Linden Vey of the Monarchs. Both are last I checked top 25 in rookie scoring which is nothing to scoff at... Could easily see him cracking the Flyers roster at some pointin the next few years.

I agree somewhat with the hope that the Kings would get a top guy late but I think they may have one in Loki, and a couple other very solid guys in Martinez, King, Nolan, and I'd even throw Kozun in that mix in the next few years. But yeah the Kings under DL have really yet to develop a top flight guy that was a late rounder. I'd say Kitsyn and Shumacher could be that guy but it won't be for a few years still.

tigermask48 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2012, 03:36 PM
Tim Tebow

Quote:
Think you are undervaluing iginla.
I think they are actually overrating Staal.

Despite being listed as the 3rd line center many overlook the fact that Staal still plays an average of 20:07 per game this year and played an average of 21:21 last year. Last season Jordan Staal literally averaged the same amount of ice time as Alex Ovechkin and was 8th overall among NHL forwards in ice time. This year while slightly lower is still among the top of the NHL. Staal has been #2 on the Pens forwards in ice time for the past 2 seasons.

Another major factor is Staal is not the man in Pittsburgh. Teams put their top defensive lines against Malkin and/or Crosby (if playing). Certainly Staal has done his job well but in the interest of looking at all angles he does see a lot of the weaker defensive lines and pairings. (just realized you also mentioned this)

Now Staal may still end up developing into a beast of a player but I agreed with you, Staal for Iginla doesn't sound bad to me value wise. Though Pitts doesn't exactly need Iggy now so they don't need to do that. They are already the #1 offense in the NHL and Iggy for Staal doesn't help them defensively.

Tim Tebow is offline   Reply With Quote