HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

#77 | Pittsburgh Penguins vs. New York Islanders | Mar 29 | W 5-3

Old
03-30-2012, 07:52 AM
LAIslanderFan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by enigmatic View Post
i didn't get to watch the game tonight but I'm sure it has been fun the last little stretch...would always prefer to see us win than lose...i still think we will end up in the lottery at the end...

for everyone saying bailey has played great as of late--he has--but like i said i didn't watch the game....only saw the box score....he was plus 2--which means he was on the ice for ALL 3 penguins goals....just sayin'
In a game the Islanders scored 5 goals, Moulson, Hamonic and Tavares were -1...just saying.

LAIslanderFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2012, 08:40 AM
pld459666

Quote:
Originally Posted by pld459666 View Post
Lets go boys. Put another 5-3 beating on the Pens tonight.

LGI....win this for the Rangers
small pat on my own back for predicting the score.

That out of the way.

Thank you.....again!

pld459666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2012, 08:58 AM
rikker
fan since '75.

maybe disagreeing on whether to lose or win the final games is not worthy of increased stress levels.

i, therefore, predict that the Isles will play respectable for the final games (building confidence), AND draft a player that will evetually be considered the 'gem' of the draft.

rikker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2012, 09:03 AM
Pnut

To all the Pens fans out there!

In your face.....and it feels so good!

And to any of you that might be reading this just note that your team wasn't **** before getting Malkin in '04 and Cindy in '05. And if you think you should be happy with saying this is "our playoffs", well then if you dont win the Atlantic then you might have a tougher time getting out of the first round (so you might as well not have gotten out). So don't be worried about us, this team will be playing you in the playoffs soon enough and kicking you out again. Plus you live in Pittsburgh so theres that.

Pnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2012, 09:14 AM
StumpNYI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pnut View Post
To all the Pens fans out there!

In your face.....and it feels so good!

And to any of you that might be reading this just note that your team wasn't **** before getting Malkin in '04 and Cindy in '05. And if you think you should be happy with saying this is "our playoffs", well then if you dont win the Atlantic then you might have a tougher time getting out of the first round (so you might as well not have gotten out). So don't be worried about us, this team will be playing you in the playoffs soon enough and kicking you out again. Plus you live in Pittsburgh so theres that.
Troll bait.

***Insert Michael Jackson eating popcorn gif***

StumpNYI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2012, 09:39 AM
Trots19

great game!! so happy I decided to dvr it and watch it.
a few things,

would love to see Okposo-JT-Bailey together. think this could be a scary line.

Cappy is just bad. Pitt who is one of the best in the league change there lines all game long when things arent working. Cappy, never would do such a thing.
also, is it me or is this team doing more behind the back passes then ever??

Trots19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2012, 09:54 AM
ferrisUML

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trots19 View Post
great game!! so happy I decided to dvr it and watch it.
a few things,

would love to see Okposo-JT-Bailey together. think this could be a scary line.

Cappy is just bad. Pitt who is one of the best in the league change there lines all game long when things arent working. Cappy, never would do such a thing.
also, is it me or is this team doing more behind the back passes then ever??
I noticed this to, but it actually working. Passing is one area where there is literally a night and day difference from earlier in the season. Some of the passes they're connecting with now makes the team look like globetrotters on ice. Earlier in the year, we looked like we needed Gordon Bombay and a carton of eggs.

ferrisUML is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2012, 10:19 AM
Pnut

Quote:
Originally Posted by VT Isles Fan View Post
I have three boys 12 & under and I can tell you, they're cute & cuddly at first, then they get older and do mean and spiteful things-- like become Red Sox fans
This is horrible! I would say...."Your outta the will [insert kids name here]" Which in my case is them inheriting a bunch of dvd's and my Hyundai
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spasm37 View Post
Yep.. First one.. Still waiting.. It s
been a long few days..
Well hopefully by the time you read this you are a dad.

I am really happy that they won and I know the more they win now, the better, because even last year at the very end of the season (last 5-10 games last year)they stunk it up after having that run right before being eliminated. Maybe a good run will be remembered next season and they might actually start good/great? (call me crazy that they would actually start a season off with a winning streak)

I think the hockey Gods are on our side now.....Nabby signed, maybe we could win the lotto in the 5th worst spot, or 9th worst say, and therefor get a better pick than what we had. Maybe just maybe our luck is turning around

Lets Go Islanders!

Peter "Not Ruttgaizer" the Nut

Last edited by Pnut: 03-30-2012 at 10:26 AM. Reason: actually put "gamers" instead of "games"
Pnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2012, 11:17 AM
BelovedIsles

Send a message via AIM to BelovedIsles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mantis Toboggan MD View Post
You guys beat the piss out of us for 2 games.

Your team is better than what everybody thinks.
Everybody says that around this time of year. Cue the sleeper predictions for next year.

The problem is, this team cannot sustain that kind of play when they are actually in the race. If additions are made this offseason, that will change.

BelovedIsles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2012, 11:27 AM
Kevin27nyi
Global Moderator
#21KO

vCash: 330
Quote:
Originally Posted by StumpNYI View Post
Yeah I'm not sure if Kevin meant that or not but a light bulb went off when I read his post.
Yes, that was my intention

Kevin27nyi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2012, 11:40 AM
rikker
fan since '75.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BelovedIsles View Post
Everybody says that around this time of year. Cue the sleeper predictions for next year.

The problem is, this team cannot sustain that kind of play when they are actually in the race. If additions are made this offseason, that will change.
learning to play in pressure situations is something that they will learn to do, as they evolve. adding a few vets this year will help, for sure...

rikker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2012, 12:09 PM
Renbarg

They were playing pretty darn good hockey before the flu-bug hit them (and the Hamonic injury). They looked tired after that stretch. Its no excuse, but its not like they were whittling under the pressure up to that point.

Renbarg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2012, 12:29 PM
VT Isles Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pnut View Post
This is horrible! I would say...."Your outta the will [insert kids name here]" Which in my case is them inheriting a bunch of dvd's and my Hyundai
LOL. Throw in a couple of small appliances, and that would be my estate as well.

I have made various threats trying to enlighten the kids, however, the other parental unit in my household hails from north of Bahston, and condones the kids rooting for the Sox.

VT Isles Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2012, 01:23 PM
Islanders4life39

Send a message via MSN to Islanders4life39
Made the drive all the way from PA to see my Isles play and they didn't disappoint! First game in a while I've been to that I actually felt really excited to be at. Section 304, everything was great minus the Rags fans there. Love seeing K.O and Bailey work together, that was definitely our best line out there, they were making plays all game long. People can't give up on Bailey yet, they say he needs to do it all season long but it looks like he can if he has a decent role on the team like last night. Before, playing on the third line with no one to pass to or work with just won't cut it. He was also rushed on the NHL squad when maybe he shouldn't have. Some players take longer than others to develop clearly, especially the playmakers. Bailey has a great set of hands, he also brings a lot to the PK, that breakaway was great. Now if he finally gets that consistency to last a whole season like he has this stretch, he will be one hell of a player.

Islanders4life39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2012, 02:49 PM
enigmatic
Capuano is a stooge

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAIslanderFan View Post
In a game the Islanders scored 5 goals, Moulson, Hamonic and Tavares were -1...just saying.
admittedly im not a huge bailey fan....

this is my worst nightmare....now garth is going to clamor on how we have a legit 2nd line and dont need to sign a 2nd line center or 1st line winger

enigmatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2012, 03:08 PM
rollin109

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renbarg View Post
They were playing pretty darn good hockey before the flu-bug hit them (and the Hamonic injury). They looked tired after that stretch. Its no excuse, but its not like they were whittling under the pressure up to that point.
Thats complete ********. this team folded each and every single time they played a game with any added significance. They have absolutely no ****ing heart.

I cannot believe any fan can still be an apologist for this team. how many late season turnarounds do we have to go through for people to see that something needs to be changed.

All this little run is doing right now is giving wang/snow an excuse to do absolutely nothing this offseason. because "we think we have the right people in place to win now" ********

How about getting a ****ing coach that can get these guys to play this relaxed when the game actually means something. But no lets stick with cappy hes not the one playing afterall

rollin109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2012, 03:10 PM
rollin109

Quote:
Originally Posted by enigmatic View Post
admittedly im not a huge bailey fan....

this is my worst nightmare....now garth is going to clamor on how we have a legit 2nd line and dont need to sign a 2nd line center or 1st line winger
This is exactly right....a winning streak to end this season is the worst thing that can happen for this team. In the end it will mean zero changes going in to next season. and we have the 2011-2012 season all over again.

rollin109 is offline   Reply With Quote