HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Canucks' Injury Thread: He will play, you know he'll play. He'll play on crutches.

Closed Thread

Old
03-30-2012, 02:36 PM
ziploc

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uhmkay View Post
Glad to hear that Gillis is guaranteeing that Daniel will be back before the playoffs.
Yes, this ironclad guarantee of Daniel's health and overall playoff effectiveness is a certain comfort. I think the parade route should start at Main and Hastings.

Old
03-30-2012, 02:38 PM
Shareefruck

Quote:
Originally Posted by flack View Post
You know I always find it weird other players are not allowed to talk about injuries and that they have been instructed specifically to do so. Are the players faking the injury...? Or is this to protect the players from the media?

It always seem weird to me that Salo who claimed to have (also claimed to be diagnosed with) a concussion returned in just a week and seems perfectly fine .
This is absolutely possible with concussions.

Old
03-30-2012, 02:53 PM
YogiCanucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uhmkay View Post
Glad to hear that Gillis is guaranteeing that Daniel will be back before the playoffs.
Yeah it's nice to have a complete and exact timetable for his return.

I do agree with you guys those. Henrik needs A LEAST one game off down the stretch. I'm sure he could care less about the Iron Man streak but I also don't think he'd want to take a game off.

Old
03-30-2012, 02:55 PM
Canucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziploc View Post
Yes, this ironclad guarantee of Daniel's health and overall playoff effectiveness is a certain comfort. I think the parade route should start at Main and Hastings.
If they weren't guaranteeing the Cup, why would they start the whole "Celebrate Responsibly" campaign? We've got this in the bag.

Old
03-30-2012, 02:57 PM
aandbreatheme

That confetti in last year's WCF was so tacky. Hope we have fireworks this time around.

Old
03-30-2012, 04:42 PM
Luck 6
\\_______

Quote:
Originally Posted by YogiCanucks View Post
I wonder what's ailing him. 3 games off is not just "rest to be fresh".
I'm wondering if he has an in injury that SHOULD keep him out for a while, but because playoffs is coming he's going to play through it. Total speculation on my part, and I hope this isn't the case, but it's a possibility.

Old
03-30-2012, 06:18 PM
Samzilla

vCash: 934
From Pinizotto's twitter:
Steve Pinizzotto ‏ @stevepinizzotto Reply Retweet Favorite Open
Can't wait to get on the ice again. #almosttime #trainingwheels/skates

Old
03-30-2012, 06:29 PM
CanucksOo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samzilla View Post
From Pinizotto's twitter:
Steve Pinizzotto ‏ @stevepinizzotto Reply Retweet Favorite Open
Can't wait to get on the ice again. #almosttime #trainingwheels/skates
Just to add, this was just tweeted yesterday. Very interesting. Pinno showed so much promise as an effective 4th liner in preseason...I wonder if he'll be a healthy option for the playoffs.

Last edited by CanucksOo: 03-30-2012 at 06:49 PM.
Old
03-30-2012, 06:48 PM
mrmyheadhurts
Registered Loser

vCash: 50
I was so disappointed when Pinizzotto went down with an injury. I loved his game in the pre-season and thought he could be a mainstay in the 4th line. Great speed, underrated hands and a real nasty streak.

Old
03-30-2012, 06:50 PM
Kickassguy

vCash: 50
Send a message via ICQ to Kickassguy Send a message via MSN to Kickassguy
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanucksOo View Post
Just to add, this was just tweeted yesterday. Very interesting. Pinno showed so much promise as an effective 4th liner in preseason...I wonder if he'll be an healthy option for the playoffs.
IIRC, he had the same shoulder injury as Volpatti, I believe. So they could very well be on similar timelines.

Old
03-30-2012, 07:00 PM
BloatedGuppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by andbreatheme View Post
That confetti in last year's WCF was so tacky. Hope we have fireworks this time around.
The hell? No way.

Balloons.

Old
03-30-2012, 07:04 PM
David71

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmyheadhurts View Post
I was so disappointed when Pinizzotto went down with an injury. I loved his game in the pre-season and thought he could be a mainstay in the 4th line. Great speed, underrated hands and a real nasty streak.
it'll be such a treat and option for a.v to tinker the 4th line in the playoffs. lapierre/kassian/weise/pinizzotto/volpatti lots of options. i want to see that line crash and chip in here and there 4 rounds. depth will be such an important factor heading forward.

Old
03-30-2012, 07:34 PM
ziploc

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloatedGuppy View Post
The hell? No way.

Balloons.
Nah. Just push an old Skytrain car on the ice and light it on fire. That'll do the trick.

Back on topic, with Bitz, Volpatti, Pinnizzotto, Reinprecht, Ebbett, Weise, etc..., who plays? I know there will be injuries, and match ups, and that this depth is wonderful, but is there a preference?

I assume Lappiere and Kassian are pretty much locks. Manny will probably be subbed in and out a little. Then you've got a whole host of guys to sub in, none of them terribly talented (maybe Ebbett), but pretty much all with sandpaper.

I want to see Bitz in, and could see Reinprecht and Manny possibly rotating. Weise probably gets a fair number of games, depending on how far the team goes.

Old
03-30-2012, 08:11 PM
Edonator
The Mightiest Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by YogiCanucks View Post
Yeah it's nice to have a complete and exact timetable for his return.

I do agree with you guys those. Henrik needs A LEAST one game off down the stretch. I'm sure he could care less about the Iron Man streak but I also don't think he'd want to take a game off.
AV could dress him, send him out for the first shift, and then let him have the rest of the night off to keep the streak intact.

Old
03-31-2012, 02:01 AM
ProstheticConscience
Kunst

vCash: 883
2012 SCF Forward Lineup:

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows
Higgins-Booth-Kesler
Pinizzotto-Pahlsson-Hansen
Bitz-Lapierre-Kassian

(but not really)

Old
03-31-2012, 01:59 PM
Big fat dad

Judging from the way they are playing now, do we absolutely need Daniel back immediately. I know it's the playoffs, but I don't see them losing to a Dallas/Pheonix/SJ type team in the first round. I don't mean to sound like I'm underestimating our first round opponent, but actually being real cautious with Daniel's concussion. I just hope they don't rush him just for the 1st round and he ends up playing a few and then he's out again. Thoughts?

Old
03-31-2012, 02:06 PM
Mr. Canucklehead
Mod Supervisor
Kitimat Canuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wagar View Post
Judging from the way they are playing now, do we absolutely need Daniel back immediately. I know it's the playoffs, but I don't see them losing to a Dallas/Pheonix/SJ type team in the first round. I don't mean to sound like I'm underestimating our first round opponent, but actually being real cautious with Daniel's concussion. I just hope they don't rush him just for the 1st round and he ends up playing a few and then he's out again. Thoughts?
I think the Canucks have dug deep and found a way to win some of these tight games. Daniel is a big key in the offensive cog, however, and one we're badly going to need producing to make a run to the Cup.

Old
03-31-2012, 02:34 PM
Big fat dad

But if the canucks had to, could they beat a pacific team without Daniel. I think they could. But then again IF Daniel missed the 1st round and came back for the 2nd it would be pretty tough to adjust to.

Old
03-31-2012, 02:40 PM
Hammman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wagar View Post
I'd say that, if it's at all possible, it'd be best to maybe sit him out for at least the first game or two of the first round; if the Canucks take the lead, then he can stay put a bit longer and then play the last few games to get back up to speed, while if they lose he can come back in earlier. This all hinges on his being able to play in the first place, obviously.

Last edited by Hammman: 03-31-2012 at 02:56 PM.
Old
03-31-2012, 03:32 PM
Samzilla

vCash: 934
If Daniel's ready for game 1 of round 1, he plays. If not, he sits. Pretty simple. It's all on Daniel to be honest with symptoms.

Old
03-31-2012, 04:13 PM
vanuck
Griffiths Way Goons

vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by great_one98 View Post
AV could dress him, send him out for the first shift, and then let him have the rest of the night off to keep the streak intact.
That's a little much, just for the sake of a streak. It'd tax the rest of the forwards too as AV would have to double shift people at 5 on 5.

Old
03-31-2012, 04:42 PM
Auger

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloatedGuppy View Post
The hell? No way.

Balloons.
We might as well just play a video of the cup route accompanied by some obscure German techno

Old
03-31-2012, 06:29 PM
dingdong

Old
03-31-2012, 08:55 PM
CanucksOo

Farhan Lalji ‏ @FarhanLaljiTSN
Henrik says on @team1040 pre-game show that Daniel has gotten a lot better in the past few days.

Not sure if Henrik got the memo on not commentating on injuries Here's hoping we get that "symptom-free" update soon.

Old
04-01-2012, 12:56 AM
Iceberg Slim

After his encouraging tweet on the 29th, Pinizzotto has thrown some water on suggestions that he might come back for the playoffs:

After being asked if he'd come back "soon":
Quote:
@michellesplant nope. Still some time
In response to questions of him coming back for the playoffs:
Quote:
@kthreads_82 not this year buddy
Quote:
@Iamschnoor hopefully next year
And finally, responding to questions about how the rehab's going and if he'll be back this year:
Quote:
@Nabatron going good bro. No dice this year tho
All quotes from tweets made by @stevepinizzotto (http://twitter.com/#!/stevepinizzotto)

Too bad. I'd have loved to see Pinner back practicing and traveling with the team during this year's playoffs.

Closed Thread