HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2011-2012 CHL/NCAA/Euro Prospects thread

Closed Thread

Old
03-29-2012, 02:44 PM
Beakermania*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
Can't we do an ATO? I can't see that being the be all and end all.
The ATO lets them play in the AHL, and doesn't burn a year off the ELC.

The reason this is big is that once JT Brown plays a game he'll be an RFA in 2013 instead of 2014.

If he has a big rookie season, he can cash in without the ELC restrictions.

Think of Matt Read... signed for 900K next year. He'd be looking at double that amount if he was an RFA instead.

Sure not every kid will do as well as Read and earn that big raise, but its big money for him if he can, and thats a huge carrot to dangle.

Old
03-29-2012, 03:56 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

In regards to Kristo not turning pro, perhaps this article will be of some interest as the Ducks have a prospect in a similar situation in Justin Schultz who can opt out of signing with the Ducks and be a FA or return to the NCAA next year.

http://host.madison.com/sports/colle...9bb2963f4.html

The scary part is where it says some agents are tellling players not to sign because of the possible threat of another NHL lockout. Interesting to hear and it makes some sense, wonder if Kristo is thinking this or if it's more about wanting to return to North Dakota to try and win a National Title.

Old
03-29-2012, 03:59 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
In regards to Kristo not turning pro, perhaps this article will be of some interest as the Ducks have a prospect in a similar situation in Justin Schultz who can opt out of signing with the Ducks and be a FA or return to the NCAA next year.

http://host.madison.com/sports/colle...9bb2963f4.html

The scary part is where it says some agents are tellling players not to sign because of the possible threat of another NHL lockout. Interesting to hear and it makes some sense, wonder if Kristo is thinking this or if it's more about wanting to return to North Dakota to try and win a National Title.
Lock outs don't usually impact AHL teams. Plus I doubt there will be a lock out, both sides lost big money last time and I don't see either side THAT unhappy with the current CBA compared to 7-8 years ago.

Old
03-29-2012, 04:04 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Lock outs don't usually impact AHL teams.
Of course it would, if there was a lock out, more players will be in the AHL meaning less ice time. If agents are telling kids not to sign, I'm sure they wouldn't do so lightly

Old
03-29-2012, 04:10 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Of course it would, if there was a lock out, more players will be in the AHL meaning less ice time. If agents are telling kids not to sign, I'm sure they wouldn't do so lightly
Lots of players have signed recently so it may just be somebody's imagination or 1-2 agents, not the majority.

Old
03-29-2012, 04:18 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Lots of players have signed recently so it may just be somebody's imagination or 1-2 agents, not the majority.
If you mean NCAAers, many of them have been seniors though so they don't have a choice. I was talking more in reference to guys like Kristo and Schultz who can opt out of signing with their respective NHL teams since they played a year of juniors after being drafted. If Schultz were to opt out, teams would jump all over that as he could end up winning the hobey baker and has been great at Wisconsin.

I just thought it was interesting that the article brought up the possible lockout, I hadn't thought of that actually but it does make sense for the Junior year players that can opt out of signing with their NHL clubs to wait to see how the new CBA shakes out.

Old
03-29-2012, 08:36 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Looks like Tinordi is in to the second round.

Old
03-29-2012, 09:08 PM
Schooner Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
Yup....had an assist in a 6-2 win to complete the sweep over Windsor.

Old
03-29-2012, 09:12 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
Would be awesome to see London at the Memorial Cup

Old
03-29-2012, 11:04 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
Disappointed he's not on the top pairing with Harrington anymore. Plymouth would be a tough matchup if they win. Should be fun.

Old
03-29-2012, 11:07 PM
ness180

Quote:
^ Someone hits it right on the nail. Maybe some of you haven't followed Kristo before he was drafted by the Habs he grew up as a huge North Dakota fan and committed to UND at a very young age. Besides wanting to play in the NHL some day, he wanted to play for UND.

The only reason and I mean the only reason Kristo would return to UND is because he wants another shot at trying to win a National Title which will certainly be a possibility for UND if no one leaves the team early.

With that said, I think the Habs are going to try their hardest to sign Kristo and he'll forgo his final year of NCAA eligibility.

Old
03-30-2012, 09:59 AM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Did a little write up on Colin Sullivan going to BC. I haven't seen it officially but heard it's a done deal. Must have been a real tough decision for him since he grew up right where Yale plays and his family had season tickets to the Bulldogs.

http://www.habprospects.com/modules....rticle&sid=179

Quote:
Originally Posted by ness180 View Post
^ Someone hits it right on the nail. Maybe some of you haven't followed Kristo before he was drafted by the Habs he grew up as a huge North Dakota fan and committed to UND at a very young age. Besides wanting to play in the NHL some day, he wanted to play for UND.

The only reason and I mean the only reason Kristo would return to UND is because he wants another shot at trying to win a National Title which will certainly be a possibility for UND if no one leaves the team early.

With that said, I think the Habs are going to try their hardest to sign Kristo and he'll forgo his final year of NCAA eligibility.
What I've heard is that ND expects Nelson, Dell, Knight to return but we'll see if Kristo opts to return or not. Personally I'm not overly concerned either way, as long as he wants to sign here, I'm fine if it's this summer or next.

Old
03-30-2012, 10:21 AM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

Quote:
I doubt there will be big enough changes to the ELC system that it would really pay off for a player to wait for that reason alone. Sure, they'll probably tweak the maximum amounts up, at least, but it doesn't really pay off to forego a contract at say $900k now (and a lot less in the minors anyway) just to try to recoup it if/when the ELC max goes up next year.

But I can totally see Kristo wanting to go back. It's a reasonable fit for us if he does too. Wouldn't bother me either way.

Old
03-30-2012, 02:38 PM
EveryDay

Holland is suspended for how many games?

Old
03-30-2012, 02:44 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monaco88 View Post
Holland is suspended for how many games?
Believe it was just 1 game

Old
03-30-2012, 02:51 PM
QuebecPride
@Etienne_Pouliot

I was at the game yesterday, between Québec and Drummond, and saw my good bud Comtois score the overtime winner. Here's what I gathered from Archambault.

Archambault: Not my favourite prospect but he had a good game yesterday, was involved every time he was on the ice, he's creative, but always tries to do everything on his own, instead of passing the puck. Great speed, hands and puck protection. Was pretty good on cycles too, despite his size. Had a really good rush on the PP, and collected the rebound from Brouillard's shot for the equalizer on the PP. Is also more aware in defence as he often was falling back to cover his linemates.

Old
03-30-2012, 03:05 PM
NewHabsEra*

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuebecPride View Post
I was at the game yesterday, between Québec and Drummond, and saw my good bud Comtois score the overtime winner. Here's what I gathered from Archambault.

Archambault: Not my favourite prospect but he had a good game yesterday, was involved every time he was on the ice, he's creative, but always tries to do everything on his own, instead of passing the puck. Great speed, hands and puck protection. Was pretty good on cycles too, despite his size. Had a really good rush on the PP, and collected the rebound from Brouillard's shot for the equalizer on the PP. Is also more aware in defence as he often was falling back to cover his linemates.
Any words on Grogorenko?

Edit: sorry just saw your post on the draft talks..

Closed Thread