HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

What a week to live in Edmonton!

Closed Thread

Old
11-16-2003, 08:24 PM
Walsher

vCash: 500
What a week to live in Edmonton!

This is turning out to be one of those dream weeks for sports fans in Edmonton - me included. The Esks bringing home the Grey Cup, the Oilers beating the Flames in OT, The Grey Cup Parade (assuming they have it right away), and last but not least the Heritage Classic. Today was a great win, and a great day. Another proud moment for Edmontonians and a reinforcement of the City of Champions, something that has been lacking for a decade. Feels great - can't wait for the Stanley Cup playoffs and next years CFL season.

Old
11-16-2003, 10:38 PM
Cerebral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walsher
This is turning out to be one of those dream weeks for sports fans in Edmonton - me included. The Esks bringing home the Grey Cup, the Oilers beating the Flames in OT, The Grey Cup Parade (assuming they have it right away), and last but not least the Heritage Classic. Today was a great win, and a great day. Another proud moment for Edmontonians and a reinforcement of the City of Champions, something that has been lacking for a decade. Feels great - can't wait for the Stanley Cup playoffs and next years CFL season.
It feels great to finally be "rewarded" for being a stalwart Edmonton fan all these years.. hopefully the Oilers will gain some inspiration from the Eskies success and win a few of these upcoming games!

Old
11-16-2003, 11:55 PM
Cujo_31

yeah for sure...it's definitely the single greatest week in recent memory for us Edmontonians..especially with this grey cup win...the outdoor game is gonna be soooo awesome, especially with the Alumni game...it's just gonna be unbelievable...awesome week to be an Edmontonian...hopefully the grey cup isn't the only thing we win this season..hopefully we can win in both the outdoor games (Alumni + NHL), & also somehow win the stanley cup!! GO OILERS!!!!!!

Old
11-17-2003, 02:50 AM
Yanner39

Quote:
Quit bragging!

As an Oiler fan is Ontario, I would love to be there. Oh, well, I'll have to rely of some of you to keep me up to date on everything. I will be watching the games of Staurday tho. ust for the coverage leading up.

Old
11-17-2003, 03:48 AM
dawgbone

Send a message via ICQ to dawgbone Send a message via MSN to dawgbone
As fantastic as a Stanley Cup would be, I don't think there is much of a chance the Oilers will be hosting it...

But I would gladly settle for about 9 or 10 wins in the playoffs.

Old
11-17-2003, 04:11 AM
Spearing47

Send a message via MSN to Spearing47
Do you know when is the parade??? My flight will arrive to Edmonton on wednesday at 11:30....It would be nice to see that!

Old
11-17-2003, 04:48 AM
Allan

Tuesday. Sorry, man.

Old
11-17-2003, 07:00 AM
metallicat

What a joke the parade is though. A parade through the pedway system downtown, followed by the grand finale at the......food court.

WTF?

At least do something a little more flashy than that, but oh well.

Old
11-17-2003, 07:48 AM
USC Trojans
I have a plan.

Well, Calgary fans can no longer use the "Why are you called the City of Champs when you haven't won anything in the past 10 years" excuse.

I'm amazed I got the Gray Cup on cable tv all the way down here in LA. We need a pro football team bad.

Old
11-17-2003, 01:22 PM
Oiler94

Send a message via MSN to Oiler94
Quote:
Feels great - can't wait for the Stanley Cup playoffs and next years CFL season.
I can.

Ricky Ray goes to the NFL and Mike Pringle retire. Not to mention a couple of our other stars may go to the NFL aswell.

Old
11-17-2003, 01:50 PM
LoudmouthHemskyfan#1

Quote:
Originally Posted by metallicat
What a joke the parade is though. A parade through the pedway system downtown, followed by the grand finale at the......food court.

WTF?

At least do something a little more flashy than that, but oh well.
Changed it, there's an outdoor parade as well now.

Old
11-17-2003, 01:53 PM
metallicat

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoudmouthHemskyfan#1
Changed it, there's an outdoor parade as well now.
Didn't know that, thanks for the info.

Old
11-17-2003, 02:15 PM
fulk hogan

Add the Oilers signing a UFA to the list. Good luck Mr. Oates. Big week in Edmonton, wish I was still there for this week.

Old
11-17-2003, 02:20 PM
Oilers Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by alzardnp1
Well, Calgary fans can no longer use the "Why are you called the City of Champs when you haven't won anything in the past 10 years" excuse.
Thank you for bringing that up! We truly are the City of Champions!!!

Old
11-17-2003, 04:45 PM
The Rage

This week has been outstanding. Last I checked, the top four articles on tsn.ca concerned edmonton 1) Oates 2) Some story on the heritage classic 3) Messier confirmed for the classic 4) Of course, the grey cup victory. What a week.

Old
11-17-2003, 05:05 PM
BIG FAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolguy3650
This week has been outstanding. Last I checked, the top four articles on tsn.ca concerned edmonton 1) Oates 2) Some story on the heritage classic 3) Messier confirmed for the classic 4) Of course, the grey cup victory. What a week.
That's because nothing else happens in the "City of Concrete". Edmonton is currently in the running for ugliest, most boring Canadian city ever - they sit behind Winterpeg and Hamilton but are catching up fast. I've never been to a city where people literally pray for a chinook. Here's a newsflash people - when your city is so cold that you need something that's named after an Eskimo to keep you warm, get out.

Old
11-17-2003, 05:42 PM
Fayne Gretzky
5-14-6-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG FAN
That's because nothing else happens in the "City of Concrete". Edmonton is currently in the running for ugliest, most boring Canadian city ever - they sit behind Winterpeg and Hamilton but are catching up fast. I've never been to a city where people literally pray for a chinook. Here's a newsflash people - when your city is so cold that you need something that's named after an Eskimo to keep you warm, get out.
Probably from Caalgary ...

Old
11-17-2003, 06:13 PM
The Rage

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG FAN
There's alot to criticize about edmonton, but this post doesn't even make sense. Tsn.ca has four main stories about edmonton because we're an ugly city? Have you even heard of logic? And by the way, we almost never get a chinook, and I've never heard anyone ask for one (this isn't calgary). Thirdly, yes edmonton is cold, but we're tough people, we can handle it. Something named after an eskimo keeps us warm? Man, you have some serious issues. Some people are ignorant, but you're just plain dumb.

Old
11-18-2003, 12:22 AM
Oilers Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilers112
Probably from Caalgary ...
Hmmm...envious tone, derogatory and childish flame...yup, sounds like an extremely jealous Flamer to me!

This week is awesome for Edmontonians, I feel like I'm in a dream, and nobody can take that away from us, not even a jealous Calgarian who is green with envy over the big fun party to their north!

....and BIG FAN, before you ask "What ever happens in the City of Concrete", what praytell ever happens in Calgary? Close your eyes and tell me what you see, and theres your answer.

Closed Thread