HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

All Things MSG Network and TV (FiOS, Dish, HD, etc.)

Old
03-30-2012, 07:10 PM
broadwayblue

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennglin13 View Post
hey guys i just moved and they only have Fios. My MSGHD has a black bar on the top and bottom of the screen, Cablevision I was able to have full screen. Anybody else have this problem?
Maybe something needs to be changed with the aspect ratio on your set top box or TV?

broadwayblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2012, 07:11 PM
charlie460
Stone Age Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennglin13 View Post
hey guys i just moved and they only have Fios. My MSGHD has a black bar on the top and bottom of the screen, Cablevision I was able to have full screen. Anybody else have this problem?
Sounds like it's letterboxed, probably a cable box or TV setup issue, are you watching the HD channel?

charlie460 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2012, 09:14 PM
Carl Hagelins Flow
Flow Status: AMAZING

Anyone else really effin sick and tired of the Knicks getting priority on the main MSG channel when they're a garbage, barely .500 team, going nowhere...

Meanwhile the Rangers get **tch status on MSG+ or worse still MSG2 (weird channels McGee) when they're 1st in the NHL and have been a dominant force all season and headed straight to the playoffs...

I'll be furious if the Knicks still get priority on MSG when the playoffs begin for us but I for one am tired of our team being put below that craptastic NBA team.

Carl Hagelins Flow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2012, 09:24 PM
NCRanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbfour View Post
Thanks, Jersey Girl... I had sort of decided that was the case, but your reply confirms it for me (you should be receiving your kickback check from DTV shortly )

Will be thinking of you when I'm watching the Blueshirts in HD from my floating pool chair in February...
Actually, you'll even get the Rangers in HD if they happen to be bumped all the way down to MSG2.

Tonight, the game was on NHL Network, but for the first time in history, NHL Network picked up the MSG feed.

NCRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2012, 09:30 PM
charlie460
Stone Age Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRfan89 View Post
Anyone else really effin sick and tired of the Knicks getting priority on the main MSG channel when they're a garbage, barely .500 team, going nowhere...

Meanwhile the Rangers get **tch status on MSG+ or worse still MSG2 (weird channels McGee) when they're 1st in the NHL and have been a dominant force all season and headed straight to the playoffs...

I'll be furious if the Knicks still get priority on MSG when the playoffs begin for us but I for one am tired of our team being put below that craptastic NBA team.
I don't really mind. It doesn't matter how good the teams are, basketball gets better ratings and it is what it is. It's the fault of the providers for not picking up the alternate channels in HD. I get all games regardless of channel in HD on DirecTV in Florida. Cablevision and FiOS also carry all of the alternate channels in HD.

Old
03-31-2012, 12:19 AM
ImIdaho
Choo-Choo-Choose me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie460 View Post
Cablevision and FiOS also carry all of the alternate channels in HD.
Fios doesn't carry MSG+2 in HD. Although, that wouldn't be needed: Why do they show the same game on two channels (MSG and MSG2)? I noticed that the second one on MSG2 is broadcast in Spanish.

But that is a really poor excuse to show the same game on two channels. Is setting the audio to SAP so much of a burden?

ImIdaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2012, 01:39 AM
charlie460
Stone Age Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImIdaho View Post
Fios doesn't carry MSG+2 in HD. Although, that wouldn't be needed: Why do they show the same game on two channels (MSG and MSG2)? I noticed that the second one on MSG2 is broadcast in Spanish.

But that is a really poor excuse to show the same game on two channels. Is setting the audio to SAP so much of a burden?
That's a new thing this year, they selected a few Knicks games to produce fully spanish broadcasts. The reason they use a completely different channel rather than just SAP is it's a different broadcast altogether -- everything is spanish, even on screen graphics.

They only do this when the Rangers aren't on (or are able to be on MSG+)

Old
03-31-2012, 01:46 AM
ImIdaho
Choo-Choo-Choose me!

Quote:
That's a new thing this year, they selected a few Knicks games to produce fully spanish broadcasts. The reason they use a completely different channel rather than just SAP is it's a different broadcast altogether -- everything is spanish, even on screen graphics.

They only do this when the Rangers aren't on (or are able to be on MSG+)
So we could be potentially looking at, in the near future:

MSG HD;
MSG (En Espanol) HD;
MSG 2 HD;
MSG+ HD;
MSG+2 HD ?

ImIdaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2012, 04:22 AM
truebluegoalie

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCRanger View Post

Tonight, the game was on NHL Network, but for the first time in history, NHL Network picked up the MSG feed.
And it was crap. They don't show interviews but still pipe in the audio, and use their own graphics to overlay the broadcast's feed's graphics. If the broadcast is showing stats the NHL network will show their own stats that have nothing to do with what the announcers are saying.

Makes em look like a second rate operation. Oh and while I am on my soapbox I'd like to ***** a bit about the blackout rules. I get blacking out the Nothing But Crosby networks, although I think that still sucks when I pay for gamecenter, but black out the NHL network games too? ugh. There is a reason I get gamecenter online, it is because I work odd hours, I had to get up at 3 this morning so I missed last night's game and would usually watch it online at work the next morning, but it is blacked out for 48 hours, that is ridiculous. They should just black out the home/away feed and put the NBC/NHLN feed on gamecast instead for those of us that have paid for it.

/end rant.

truebluegoalie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2012, 10:59 AM
broadwayblue

Quote:
I don't really mind. It doesn't matter how good the teams are, basketball gets better ratings and it is what it is. It's the fault of the providers for not picking up the alternate channels in HD. I get all games regardless of channel in HD on DirecTV in Florida. Cablevision and FiOS also carry all of the alternate channels in HD.
That's why I'm working my butt off to get my building pre-wired for FiOS before next season. Finally got the engineering installation detail...now I just need to get the work going. Should be enough time to get everything up and running by training camp. Enough's enough TWC. Pathetic that it's 2012 and people can't see their Rangers on MSG2 in HD. I'm out.

broadwayblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2012, 11:04 AM
pavelich

Some fans filed a lawsuit regarding blackouts of in market games!

http://www.thestar.com/sports/hockey...oadcast-access

pavelich is offline   Reply With Quote