HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Notices

Reminder: The NHL is all about making money.

Old
03-30-2012, 09:37 PM
SabresBillsBuffalo

vCash: 500
I can't bring myself to think we can go 4-0 and Washington will lose a game. I don't see it happening...

SabresBillsBuffalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2012, 09:37 PM
Kyndig86

U:
Miller sucked **** against the Penguins as usual.
Refs ****ed us as usual. (specially of late, tryin to fix who gets in huh?)
Missed opportunities.
Sabres record without Ehrhoff

Kyndig86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2012, 09:38 PM
SabresBillsBuffalo

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabresandcanucks View Post
I like Tropp but there needs to be a better scoring winger on that line....Leino?
Gerbe needs some hardcore get better drugs

Old
03-30-2012, 09:38 PM
Timbo Slice
Tank Nation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabres57 View Post
I liked when the Sabres finally got out of their own end midway through the third and then Orpik knocked the Pittsburgh net off and got away with it.
Orpik didn't even try to hide it, either

Timbo Slice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2012, 09:39 PM
gallagt01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weird Fish View Post
It's time for the leadership on this team to step up.
Leadership has stepped up during this stretch. I don't think anyone can say (or imply) that they haven't.

Pominville has been great. Stafford has been great. Roy has played some solid defensive hockey (I'm sure I'll take heat for this one). Vanek has been mediocre but he's starting to produce.

The leaders on the team have come forth during the stretch. New leaders have stepped forward. One loss shouldn't negate that.

gallagt01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2012, 09:39 PM
minuteater
does not cohmpeet

Did the refs play a part? Yeah.
Did missed opportunities play a part? Yes.
Is the league out to get us? No.

minuteater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2012, 09:41 PM
gallagt01

I think the bad ice really neutralized Ennis' game. He had a tough night - that whole line did. Foligno was fighting it all game.

Hodgson made some nice plays but overall he could have been better. I love the confidence Ruff has shown in him.

Last edited by vcv: 03-30-2012 at 09:54 PM.
Old
littletonhockeycoach

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOHNBOY View Post
Can't blame the refs, in fact its my fault they lost. I failed to watch the "just win baby" youtube.. and yes tomorrow I will watch it at some point before 7pm eastern standard time..

littletonhockeycoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
SabresBillsBuffalo

I'm honestly depressed

Old
sabresfan129103

Crosby just abuses Miller. At this point it's just comical. Sid is totally in his head.

sabresfan129103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2012, 09:42 PM
Montag DP
Sabres fan in...

The thing I hate about the officiating is that it just doesn't make any sense the way they call games. You have to be consistent throughout the game, otherwise it puts one of the teams at a disadvantage. What I'm really getting at is how they put away the whistles in the third period.

Let's think about this. During the third period, generally the team that's behind is going to spend more time in the offensive zone pressuring the play. The leading team is more likely to commit penalties. If you put away the whistles just for the third period, you are biasing the game against the team that is trying to tie it.

Montag DP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2012, 09:45 PM
Skelley

wayy too many missed opportunities right in front of the net, gotta bury those... especially against brent johnson.

that being said the reffing was terrible, but they had their chances, that lost point against the avs is hurtin a lot more right about now... and yes i know you could say that about the other however many points this team has blown this year.

Hey, no one said it was gonna be easy, especially against the pens, you won your last 5 before tonite, you can win the next 4, time for the leaders on this team to step up

Skelley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2012, 09:47 PM
ZZamboni
Puttin' on the Foil

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabresfan129103 View Post
Crosby just abuses Miller. At this point it's just comical. Sid is totally in his head.
Crosby is in the heads of 28 other starting goalies too. Let's be honest here. No MSNBC allowed.

ZZamboni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2012, 09:49 PM
Royisgone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montag DP View Post
The thing I hate about the officiating is that it just doesn't make any sense the way they call games. You have to be consistent throughout the game, otherwise it puts one of the teams at a disadvantage. What I'm really getting at is how they put away the whistles in the third period.

Let's think about this. During the third period, generally the team that's behind is going to spend more time in the offensive zone pressuring the play. The leading team is more likely to commit penalties. If you put away the whistles just for the third period, you are biasing the game against the team that is trying to tie it.
Which is part of the reason why almost all teams in the league, every year, have unbelievable win percentages when leading going into the 3rd.

The officiating in the NHL is BY FAR the worst among major league sports in N. America. Always has been.

That's not why we lost tonight. Our PP is garbage anyway.

We got beaten by a much better team.

And something no one on here is talking about tonight is just how much we missed Ehrhoff tonight.

That guy is a horse; he gets a ton of minutes, is a great, fast skater, and is reasonably big. In fact, if there was 1 skater (non goalie) I would protect with a magic wand and make "injury proof" for a playoff run it would be him.

When he is on he makes this team "go" in many ways.

Royisgone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2012, 09:49 PM
HarryNealesGarden
Big Daddy Ted

It's really too bad that even when we were bankrupt we couldn't suck enough to get a player like Malkin. We'll never be bad enough to have a superstar.

Need to win your last four. No questions. And even then I still don't think they'll get in, because I doubt Washington is going to lose at this point. They have points in 10 of 13.

HarryNealesGarden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2012, 09:50 PM
Weird Fish

Send a message via AIM to Weird Fish
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evgeni Giroux View Post
When will people realize that they lost to a teams who s 3rd line center is Jordan Staal, the best team in the league arguably, who needed to win, and are flat out better than us
Not sure why you quoted me to say that, but ok.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loods View Post
Leadership has stepped up during this stretch. I don't think anyone can say (or imply) that they haven't.

Pominville has been great. Stafford has been great. Roy has played some solid defensive hockey (I'm sure I'll take heat for this one). Vanek has been mediocre but he's starting to produce.

The leaders on the team have come forth during the stretch. New leaders have stepped forward. One loss shouldn't negate that.
I wouldn't necessarily disagree with you here, but a lot of that was absent tonight. Tonight's game looked much more like a game in December to me than a game from our 5 game winning streak. The compete level was low which led to lots of individual efforts trying to overcompensate. Our leaders need to step up and get the team to bear back down in the defensive end of the ice.

Weird Fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2012, 09:51 PM
sabresfan129103

1 loss and people are jumping ship? Washington isn't gonna win out. I still think they're gonna make it.

sabresfan129103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2012, 09:52 PM
Kyndig86

Quote:
Thing that pisses me off is how soft Crosby's goal was. You would expect that maybe from Enroth and his bad 5 hole but Miller? wtf

Kyndig86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2012, 09:52 PM
Montag DP
Sabres fan in...

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryNealesGarden View Post
It's really too bad that even when we were bankrupt we couldn't suck enough to get a player like Malkin. We'll never be bad enough to have a superstar.

Need to win your last four. No questions. And even then I still don't think they'll get in, because I doubt Washington is going to lose at this point. They have points in 10 of 13.
If they get 1 OTL and we win out we're in. That said, my expectations are also dropping.

I'm even having these thoughts about how if they don't get in, maybe they'll replace Ruff, as unrealistic as that may be.

Old
03-30-2012, 09:55 PM
Zip15

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by SabresBillsBuffalo View Post
I can't bring myself to think we can go 4-0 and Washington will lose a game. I don't see it happening...
Put down the NHL '09, and step away from the ledge. The Caps are not a good team. There's a reason they're fighting for a playoff spot with a team that was in 15th two months ago.

Quote:
Or he's just the best hockey player in the universe. Do you really think with how quickly that play happened Miller had time to process "OMGZ, that's Cros..." SCORE!

Zip15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2012, 09:55 PM
gallagt01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weird Fish View Post
Not sure why you quoted me to say that, but ok.

I wouldn't necessarily disagree with you here, but a lot of that was absent tonight. Tonight's game looked much more like a game in December to me than a game from our 5 game winning streak. The compete level was low which led to lots of individual efforts trying to overcompensate. Our leaders need to step up and get the team to bear back down in the defensive end of the ice.
I agree that it was absent tonight. I thought your post ("It's time for the leaders on this team to step up") implied that they haven't stepped up.

I don't think they were necessarily outworked tonight. I just think they ran into a much more talented club.

Old
03-30-2012, 09:56 PM
Royisgone

We are definitely in deep doo doo, but I have zero faith in Washington's ability to win out. I don't care what their recent record is. That team is just not that good.

It doesn't help that they will play the Rangers when the Rangers are in "rest everybody for the playoffs" mode, but the Caps could easily lose a pair of games here.

They might lose to Montreal! That's how this league works some times.

Royisgone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2012, 09:57 PM
Montag DP
Sabres fan in...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zip15 View Post
Put down the NHL '09, and step away from the ledge. The Caps are not a good team. There's a reason they're fighting for a playoff spot with a team that was in 15th two months ago.
On the flip side, if we miss the playoffs people will be saying there's a reason why we were in 15th two months ago.

Old
03-30-2012, 09:58 PM
HockeyH3aven
#Flynnsanity

3rd regulation loss in last 21 games.

Jump off bridge.

#lifeofasabresfan

HockeyH3aven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2012, 09:58 PM
SabresBillsBuffalo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zip15 View Post

Or he's just the best hockey player in the universe. Do you really think with how quickly that play happened Miller had time to process "OMGZ, that's Cros..." SCORE!
Depression