HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > San Jose Sharks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Worcester Sharks / San Francisco Bulls Summer 2012 News/notes

Closed Thread

Old
03-30-2012, 10:23 PM
Speed

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 210 View Post
I'd love to hear you explain this.

Old
03-31-2012, 12:34 AM
colman

Quote:
I'd love to hear you explain this.
Rosters were frozen Feb27 keep sharing the love for this player

Old
03-31-2012, 12:48 AM
WoostahShaahks

Quote:
According to the WorSharks Marcou is not skating, nor is he even close. He is not expected to be available for the remainder of the season.
I also asked a source pretty close to Marcou and also got a "no and not even close"... I think Marcou is a great guy and would love to see him healthy and contributing to the team, just not sure where you are coming up with these falsities.

Last edited by WoostahShaahks: 03-31-2012 at 07:57 AM.
Old
03-31-2012, 07:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by colman View Post
Rosters were frozen Feb27 keep sharing the love for this player
No, they weren't. What was released (and not even on that day ) was the Clear Day roster, which is nominally the players that are eligible to play the remainder of the season. Here is the WorSharks list:

http://www.sharksahl.com/Story.asp?story_id=3033

Now, you will note on that page the section called "Players in Residence but not on the Clear Day list", which contains four names. Two of those players, Jack Combs and Tony Lucia, have played in most of the games since then because players on the Clear Day roster can be replaced because of "injury, recall or suspension".

If you look through this thread you'll find at least one instance where I said that the sniffles and hang nails count as injuries. For all intents and purposes the Clear Day roster is meaningless.

Now if you are implying that Marcou isn't eligible because he missed the same roster deadline that Wingles was missed, you're wrong again. That deadline is specifically for players coming from the NHL roster to be eligible for the AHL playoffs. Marcou, because he hasn't been pronounced fit to play since the beginning of training camps, hasn't been officially assigned to any roster yet so he's not bound by that rule. And in any case, even if he were (and I'm 100% certain he isn't because that's one of the things I asked back at the end of February when that deadline passed) he is still eligible to play in the remainder of the regular season as that's just the playoff roster deadline.

And going one step further, none of this has anything at all to do with this post:

Quote:
Nice guys injured thats what you have to say .From what we here he is ready to go so 210 thats for your thoughts
He's not ready to go. And according to the WorSharks he isn't even close to being ready to go.

So you can spin and dodge your comment any way you'd like, but the crux of the matter is he's not coming back this season. And he's an RFA at the end of the season, so it's probably safe to say he won't be qualified and his Sharks career is over.

Old
03-31-2012, 09:14 AM
hockeyball

Imagine if the SJ Sharks do not make the playoffs and Worcester does and we can't send Wingels down... 210 would be super pleased.

Old
03-31-2012, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyball View Post
Imagine if the SJ Sharks do not make the playoffs and Worcester does and we can't send Wingels down... 210 would be super pleased.
There would be riots at the DCU center. And I'm not joking.

Although the odds of us even making the playoffs are long now (we go from controlling our own destiny to almost no chance in one game--go figure)...they lose tonight vs Manchester it's all over except for the math.

Old
03-31-2012, 09:27 AM

I also want to make one thing clear (which I think everyone knows but it's worth repeating)...our disgust is purely at hockey operations in San Jose. The front office folks here in Worcester are top notch people, and in my book second to none.

Old
03-31-2012, 10:26 AM
colman

Quote:
No, they weren't. What was released (and not even on that day ) was the Clear Day roster, which is nominally the players that are eligible to play the remainder of the season. Here is the WorSharks list:

Now, you will note on that page the section called "Players in Residence but not on the Clear Day list", which contains four names. Two of those players, Jack Combs and Tony Lucia, have played in most of the games since then because players on the Clear Day roster can be replaced because of "injury, recall or suspension".

If you look through this thread you'll find at least one instance where I said that the sniffles and hang nails count as injuries. For all intents and purposes the Clear Day roster is meaningless.

Now if you are implying that Marcou isn't eligible because he missed the same roster deadline that Wingles was missed, you're wrong again. That deadline is specifically for players coming from the NHL roster to be eligible for the AHL playoffs. Marcou, because he hasn't been pronounced fit to play since the beginning of training camps, hasn't been officially assigned to any roster yet so he's not bound by that rule. And in any case, even if he were (and I'm 100% certain he isn't because that's one of the things I asked back at the end of February when that deadline passed) he is still eligible to play in the remainder of the regular season as that's just the playoff roster deadline.

And going one step further, none of this has anything at all to do with this post:

He's not ready to go. And according to the WorSharks he isn't even close to being ready to go.

So you can spin and dodge your comment any way you'd like, but the crux of the matter is he's not coming back this season. And he's an RFA at the end of the season, so it's probably safe to say he won't be qualified and his Sharks career is over.
Its nice to know that you think you are running the Sharks you are right on him not being assigned to a roster but did you ever think they might have agreed on a plan for his return.My main subject is that he has recovered and it is nice to know that you no he will not be re signed by the Sharks if that was so they could of just sent him home already instead of rehabing him there in Wor. Also I just love how this gets you going

Old
03-31-2012, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Its nice to know that you think you are running the Sharks you are right on him not being assigned to a roster but did you ever think they might have agreed on a plan for his return.My main subject is that he has recovered and it is nice to know that you no he will not be re signed by the Sharks if that was so they could of just sent him home already instead of rehabing him there in Wor. Also I just love how this gets you going
I'll just let your post stand on its own for a rebuttal.

Old
03-31-2012, 10:36 AM
colman

Quote:

Its nice to know that you think you are running the Sharks you are right on him not being assigned to a roster but did you ever think they might have agreed on a plan for his return.My main subject is that he has recoverd and it is nice to know that you no he will not be re signed by the Sharks if that was so they could of just sent him home already instead of rehabing him there in Wor. Also I just love how this gets you going

Old
03-31-2012, 01:14 PM
Speed

Quote:
Its nice to know that you think you are running the Sharks you are right on him not being assigned to a roster but did you ever think they might have agreed on a plan for his return.My main subject is that he has recoverd and it is nice to know that you no he will not be re signed by the Sharks if that was so they could of just sent him home already instead of rehabing him there in Wor. Also I just love how this gets you going
If he's recovered and ready to go like you said then there's zero reason why he shouldn't be playing. None.

210 doesn't have to run the Sharks to know the rules - that there's a roster spot for him right now if he is able. You did not understand that obviously, and I've never seen anyone burn rubber going in reverse like you are on this.

Old
03-31-2012, 02:18 PM
colman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed View Post
If he's recovered and ready to go like you said then there's zero reason why he shouldn't be playing. None.

210 doesn't have to run the Sharks to know the rules - that there's a roster spot for him right now if he is able. You did not understand that obviously, and I've never seen anyone burn rubber going in reverse like you are on this.

Lets let it go and let Marcou get back on the ice when ever it is .This is not fair to him. So ENOUGH:

Old
03-31-2012, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Lets let it go and let Marcou get back on the ice when ever it is .This is not fair to him. So ENOUGH:
And yet you keep replying...

Old
03-31-2012, 03:40 PM
Speed

Quote:
What's not fair to him is you sying he's ready when he's not. Every single time you post about him, you're proven to be off-base and you always end it with "let's let it go" or "let's see". Why don't you just admit you're wrong, don't know what's going on and apologize?

Old
03-31-2012, 04:48 PM
Lebanezer

Tennyson in Worcester yet?

Old
03-31-2012, 08:12 PM
Speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebanezer View Post
Tennyson in Worcester yet?
Not yet - I think next week. We have a game Sunday but I don't expect him, next game is Wednesday. We have our Booster Club Awards Banquet Tuesday, so we might meet him then.

Old
03-31-2012, 08:57 PM

I kind of thinking they may not send him here now...nothing at all to back that up except for watching the team lose and their body language recently.

Old
03-31-2012, 09:02 PM
Kitten Mittons

What about Nieto? What's his story?

Old
03-31-2012, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitten Mittons View Post
What about Nieto? What's his story?
Unless he turns pro he can't play for Worcester.

Old
03-31-2012, 09:12 PM
Kitten Mittons

Why hasn't he yet?

Old
03-31-2012, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitten Mittons View Post
Why hasn't he yet?
That's a good question that no one around here knows the answer to...and I asked yesterday if anything was going on in that department and the "I don't know" I got was a real "I don't know" as opposed to one that's dodging the question.

Old
04-01-2012, 05:51 PM
LadyStanley
Elasmobranchology-go

http://theahl.com/ahl-announces-suspension-p176883

Pelech suspended 2 games

Old
04-01-2012, 05:58 PM
KirbyDots

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyStanley View Post

They gave him an extra game for being terrifying.

Old
04-02-2012, 01:27 PM

Matt Tennyson was signed to an ATO

Old
04-02-2012, 02:43 PM

Nick Petrecki has been named the #WorSharks AHL Man of the Year. He is one of 30 finalists for the AHL's 2011-12 Yanick Dupré Memorial Award

Closed Thread