HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Who would you rather face, Washington or Buffalo?

View Poll Results: I want the Rangers to face:
Buffalo Sabres 47 29.94%
Washington Capitals 110 70.06%
Voters: 157. You may not vote on this poll

Old
03-31-2012, 12:59 AM
IBleedNYRBlue

vCash: 500
Washington.

Rather face them than a team who has a goaltender who when hot, is nearly unstoppable.

IBleedNYRBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2012, 01:17 AM
The Lone Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowblindNYR View Post
What's Backstrom's status?
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRFAN218 View Post
His return is imminent and could come as soon as tomorrow.
Just as important a question would be the status of Vokoun. He's expected to miss the remainder of the regular season, and if his groin injury is still nagging him come playoff time, that could be HUGE. Ovechkin, Semin, and Backstrom could be firing on all cylinders, but it could easily go down the drain if the Crapitals have no reliable goaltending.

Voting for Washington.

The Lone Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2012, 01:22 AM
Callahan Auto
Rational Police

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRFAN218 View Post
I'd love to play Florida. Panthers, Sens, Sabres, and Caps are who I want in that order.
Came here to post this.

Callahan Auto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2012, 02:17 AM
mahonistan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Lone Ranger View Post
Just as important a question would be the status of Vokoun. He's expected to miss the remainder of the regular season, and if his groin injury is still nagging him come playoff time, that could be HUGE. Ovechkin, Semin, and Backstrom could be firing on all cylinders, but it could easily go down the drain if the Crapitals have no reliable goaltending.

Voting for Washington.
no way backstrom is in hockey shape.

mahonistan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2012, 03:20 AM
SnowblindNYR

With Backstrom I might change my mind to Buffalo. It's unbelievable that NJ might have the easier matchup at 6 than us at 1. So many underachieving teams this year (SJ and LA in the west too) that if they sneak into the playoffs, they can at the very least give a high seed a scare.

SnowblindNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2012, 06:06 AM
Jackson Ranger

I would rather face Florida. Between Buff and Wash, I'll take Buff.

Jackson Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2012, 06:30 AM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Ill take the team with the weaker goaltender 10 times out of 10.

Don't want to face a goaltender like Miller to start the playoffs.

SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2012, 07:24 AM
donpaulo
Capt Barry Beck

I voted Washington but I don't think they make the playoffs

that would leave Buffalo or Ottawa

and with the current situation in net over in Canada's capital I would prefer NY to face the Senators. With Ottawa its about locking Karlsson down and limiting Spezza's chances, especially on the powerplay.

donpaulo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2012, 11:38 AM
js10

it is this time of year when teams in the first places in conference are asking this question.. long time for Rangers to have that privilege.. anyway, I was thinking about that I figured it would be Florida Panthers if Backstrom is back with Capitals.

js10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2012, 11:42 AM
Vitto79

whoever but I would not mind revenge on Washington...their G stink , Rangers will take them this time

Buffalo would be a little revenge too.............Ottawa just because my buddy at work is a fan and I have said all yr the Rangers are better than he thinks, I think first overall is proving that thus far

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2012, 02:06 PM
ThisYearsModel

Time for revenge against Washington. I want no part of Ryan Miller.

ThisYearsModel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2012, 03:09 PM
Fataldogg

Its official, with Backstroms return I officially would rather have the Sabres. All Ovechkin needs is one of the best centers in the NHL returning to inject another level of quality to his game.

Fataldogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2012, 03:18 PM
Jabroni
The People's Champ

Washington.

We can take them.

Jabroni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2012, 03:35 PM
blue425

This is from the "Mike Green, what happened" thread. Not my post.
--
It's a perfect example when you draft entirely for skill and nothing for character, which is just as flawed as doing the same thing in reverse. You need to balance out your team with great people as well as great talents. Too many Capitals players play for the name on the back and when they run into trouble, they have nobody to dig deep and get them out. They break incredibly easy as a team. They've done some great work on the bottom line signing some really quality hockey people, but when your stars are all self-obsessed stat mongers you're not going to win forever.

I have never seen a team systematically quit on themselves the way this Capitals team has. Literally nobody on that team takes responsibility for where they are right now. They need to start moving these guys out to teams where they'll get a dose of reality and get set straight. I think that's why picking up a guy like Fedorov when they did was so very crucial because there wasn't a guy in that room that didn't respect him and play up to his level of compete, which was insanely high towards the end of his career.

Basically, Mike Green is a punk that has nobody on the team to tell him to focus more on his training than living it up. There is no accountability because unfortunately, their captain hasn't embraced the concept of being a hockey player 12 months of the year either. No other captain in the league would put up with the pathetic efforts of Green and Semin on most nights but Ovechkin can't implicate them without indirectly implicating himself so nothing is done. Coaches fall on their sword for this team.
--

Caps for all the reasons above.

blue425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2012, 03:38 PM
Nostaalgic

would there ever be as crazy of a situation where we would purposely lose to the Caps (pending we had locked the #1 spot) just so we could play Florida in the first round?

Nostaalgic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2012, 05:17 PM
Kane One
HFB Partner

vCash: 1850
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nostaalgic View Post
would there ever be as crazy of a situation where we would purposely lose to the Caps (pending we had locked the #1 spot) just so we could play Florida in the first round?
I'm pretty sure there's been crazier things. I'm pretty sure a long time ago, Chicago and the Rangers were battling for the #4 playoff spot and the tiebreaker was goal differential. So in their last games they both had (not against each other), they both started the game with their goalies pulled.

03-31-2012, 05:21 PM
we want cup
Ants in the Pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nostaalgic View Post
Torts would never throw a game.

RANGERS =
we want cup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2012, 05:27 PM
The Lone Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue425 View Post
This is from the "Mike Green, what happened" thread. Not my post.
--
It's a perfect example when you draft entirely for skill and nothing for character, which is just as flawed as doing the same thing in reverse. You need to balance out your team with great people as well as great talents. Too many Capitals players play for the name on the back and when they run into trouble, they have nobody to dig deep and get them out. They break incredibly easy as a team. They've done some great work on the bottom line signing some really quality hockey people, but when your stars are all self-obsessed stat mongers you're not going to win forever.

I have never seen a team systematically quit on themselves the way this Capitals team has. Literally nobody on that team takes responsibility for where they are right now. They need to start moving these guys out to teams where they'll get a dose of reality and get set straight. I think that's why picking up a guy like Fedorov when they did was so very crucial because there wasn't a guy in that room that didn't respect him and play up to his level of compete, which was insanely high towards the end of his career.

Basically, Mike Green is a punk that has nobody on the team to tell him to focus more on his training than living it up. There is no accountability because unfortunately, their captain hasn't embraced the concept of being a hockey player 12 months of the year either. No other captain in the league would put up with the pathetic efforts of Green and Semin on most nights but Ovechkin can't implicate them without indirectly implicating himself so nothing is done. Coaches fall on their sword for this team.
Sorta makes you appreciate the refreshing, team-first attitude that all the Ranger players have, and it starts from the top. There's a reason why Torts banished Avery to CT, while keeping someone like Mitchell. There's zero tolerance for overblown egos and head cases in Tort's locker room.

And of course, there's the two captains: Ovi and Callahan. When it comes to heart, dedication, and leadership by example, there's no really no comparison between the two. The results in the standings speaks for itself.

The Lone Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2012, 05:57 PM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

Given the choice I'd pick the Caps. Just to avoid Ryan Miller. I know that means we face AO, but given the choice Id rather not face Miller

03-31-2012, 07:11 PM
bmw2004

We'll beat either one of them. Washington in 4. Buffalo in 6.

bmw2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2012, 07:14 PM
Krampus
Call me Nils

vCash: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaneone View Post
I'm pretty sure there's been crazier things. I'm pretty sure a long time ago, Chicago and the Rangers were battling for the #4 playoff spot and the tiebreaker was goal differential. So in their last games they both had (not against each other), they both started the game with their goalies pulled.
As another poster said, you couldn't pay some of our guys a billion dollars to throw a game, starting with the coach.

But daaaaam, that hilarious

Krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2012, 09:20 PM
Miamipuck
Al Swearengen

Washington AINEC.

Backstrom coming back doesn't change a thing. He was f-ing terrible last year against the Rangers. Come playoff time the Swedish word for invisible is Backstrom.

I can't believe people that watched last years playoffs think he will make a difference. Actually, come to think of it, they probably didn't.

Miamipuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2012, 10:23 PM
Cake or Death

vCash:
I just watched the Caps game. The Caps are fighting for a spot, yet they play with almost no heart and zero sense of urgency. We get Washington in round 1 and the Rangers will be headed to round two very well rested.

Old
03-31-2012, 10:30 PM
GregSirico
PUCK LUCK

Washington, a hot Miller would not be easy.

GregSirico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2012, 11:23 PM
None Four One

Tampa fan coming in peace & with good vibes.

I agree with the poll results here, and I hope you catch Washington in the first round and get your revenge with a much deserved sweep.

Still love Feds, Brad, and Torts, and a lot of Rangers fans seemed to support the 'ning after the Rangers were eliminated last year, so best of luck to you!

None Four One is offline   Reply With Quote