HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

#78 KINGS @ OILERS, 3/30/12 = Thoughts & Tidbits ... WE WIN! and move into 3rd

Old
03-31-2012, 01:18 AM
yankeeking

vCash: 500
with as much confidence quick is playing with does he start tomoorow/later to day

yankeeking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2012, 01:22 AM
KopitarFAN
Reno Sucks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeeking View Post
with as much confidence quick is playing with does he start tomoorow/later to day
I'd say no, Johnny B should be able to handle the Wild.

KopitarFAN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2012, 01:22 AM
Cruel11
Son, just don't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeeking View Post
I think he will. These are must win games, also Quick didn't face a lot of shots so he'll most probably get the start.

Have no problem with playing Bernier though.

Cruel11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2012, 01:24 AM
DocWest
2012 & 2014 Champs

Bernier should face the Wild. Give Quick a rest and then let him loose on the Oilers again.

DocWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2012, 01:26 AM
Cruel11
Son, just don't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocWest View Post
Bernier should face the Wild. Give Quick a rest and then let him loose on the Oilers again.
Yup, but knowing Sutter he'll go with Quick.

Cruel11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2012, 01:27 AM
yankeeking

probably start JB and anything soft quicker is back in

Old
03-31-2012, 01:30 AM
outofrange

I think the lack of posts are due to the fact that it's Friday night and we live in LA, lol.

I'm out partying but still ****ing pumped about this win. Now grab the two points tomorrow!

outofrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2012, 01:35 AM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Was out with the lady tonight but caught the first Kings and Oilers goals but monitored the game through my iPhone. Quite pleased with the end result, but like Quick said in his post game comments, there's business to pick up in less than 24 hours and they have to keep this level of play up against Minnesota. Tomorrow will likely be Bernier's last start of the season.

For those who watched, how useless was Brad Richardson?

Ziggy Stardust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2012, 01:37 AM
damacles1156

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
Was out with the lady tonight but caught the first Kings and Oilers goals but monitored the game through my iPhone. Quite pleased with the end result, but like Quick said in his post game comments, there's business to pick up in less than 24 hours and they have to keep this level of play up against Minnesota. Tomorrow will likely be Bernier's last start of the season.

For those who watched, how useless was Brad Richardson?
Richardson was awful, The highlight of his night was almost getting Symth to drop the gloves.

I think Richardson's NHL career is over with the Kings.
At this point I could see the Kings actually give Parse one more chance over Richardson.

damacles1156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2012, 01:39 AM
Live in the Now
Administrator
HFBoards

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoreZeGoals View Post
The lack of posts is really kinda pathetic. We are currently leading the division after two straight fantastic road games!!
We won so comfortably that I decided to go out

That was the most dominating performance of the season. Richardson was...Richardson. Had a little tiff with Smyth, I didn't see what happened. Past stating that I'm glad we don't have Smyth anymore (everyone who has ever read my posts over the last year and a half would know that), there's not much more to say other than that this game defined dominant win. It's the best we've seen the team play as a cohesive unit in a long time.

King was a great callup and should be a fixture on the top two lines for years unless a mega player comes on board to push him down to the third. I love his work ethic, drive, and he has skill too. He does Penner's job better than Penner ever has with the Kings.

Live in the Now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2012, 01:41 AM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakingsdrummer View Post
2 stinkin' pages here after a huge win to put us atop the division?
Quote:
The lack of posts is really kinda pathetic. We are currently leading the division after two straight fantastic road games!!
You guys are actually surpirsed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by outofrange View Post
I think the lack of posts are due to the fact that it's Friday night and we live in LA, lol.

I'm out partying but still ****ing pumped about this win. Now grab the two points tomorrow!
NO, it has to do with the fact there's little to complain about. If we had lost 4-1, there'd be 150+ posts about DL being fired and us missing the playoffs.

kingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2012, 01:43 AM
yankeeking

it seems everyone else has continued to improve except him, this could have been anygame ,except playoffs last year, in his career love his hustle and heart but this is a results driven league and he just doesn't produce

Old
03-31-2012, 01:47 AM
yankeeking

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan View Post
You guys are actually surpirsed?

NO, it has to do with the fact there's little to complain about. If we had lost 4-1, there'd be 150+ posts about DL being fired and us missing the playoffs.
dude enjoy the win, complaining about low posts every win gets old too......you know the drill in life its more fun to commiserate with others when we are miserable, most do not need help be happy by themselves, at least until they need glasses

Old
03-31-2012, 01:51 AM
TwoForRoughing
Let's do it again!

As much as Quick wasn't tested tonight, I really hope J.B. starts tomorrow. He was fantastic against the Wild the last time out.

TwoForRoughing is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2012, 01:58 AM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Quote:
Originally Posted by damacles1156 View Post
Richardson was awful, The highlight of his night was almost getting Symth to drop the gloves.

I think Richardson's NHL career is over with the Kings.
At this point I could see the Kings actually give Parse one more chance over Richardson.
I think they let Parse walk since he is a UFA who can never stay healthy, and they either buy out or just give away Richardson for scraps/future considerations. He's useless to them.

His spot has already been filled with the likes of King and Nolan coming through, and with more holes opening up front with the pending departure of Penner and possibly Stoll and Fraser, I could see the Kings giving a good look to other players like Loktionov, Cliche, Moller, Holloway, Kozun, what have you.

I'm imagining that we won't see any lineup changes for tomorrow. Westgarth is useless against Minnesota. Then again, he is pretty useless against anyone in today's NHL. I consider him another expendable part, but somehow those types seem to get rewarded with extensions from Lombardi (see Zeiler and Drewiske).

Old
03-31-2012, 01:58 AM
Live in the Now
Administrator
HFBoards

vCash: 50
Not to make this into an "I thought" topic, but I really thought the Kings should have traded Richardson after his playoff performance last year, based on my opinion that it wasn't really that good. Even when he's buzzing on the forecheck his hockey IQ is really lacking in the defensive zone and that just doesn't hack it for a 4th liner in the league these days. And now that he's not playing a strong forechecking game I think he's headed straight out of the league either to Europe or Manchester this summer, I'd be surprised if we could find a taker via trade.

Live in the Now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2012, 02:07 AM
ScoreZeGoals
Back on Cloud 9

Richardson was downright awful. There is no reason whatsoever he should be playing on the first line. We really need to find a way to dump him after this season. I'm also not too thrilled about the thought of Greene being on this team for two more years.

I really enjoyed Fraser's game tonight. He had the entire Oiler's roster chirping/pissed at him and you could tell it was effecting some of them.

ScoreZeGoals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2012, 02:10 AM
King Richards
Dry Island II

I'm saddened by Richardson's fall from grace. I think maybe a change of scenery could do him some good. I think maybe we could unload him to an East team that plays a more open system for a 3rd rounder or something.

King Richards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2012, 02:13 AM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Maybe Dean can sucker Brian Burke to take Brad Richardson off his hands.

Watching the replay of the game on FSW, the Mike Richards backhand shot was a thing of beauty. I think Richards has earned himself a new nickname: Shorty.

Old
03-31-2012, 02:21 AM
damacles1156

Quote:
Richardson was downright awful. There is no reason whatsoever he should be playing on the first line. We really need to find a way to dump him after this season. I'm also not too thrilled about the thought of Greene being on this team for two more years.

I really enjoyed Fraser's game tonight. He had the entire Oiler's roster chirping/pissed at him and you could tell it was effecting some of them.
I don't understand the hate for Matt Greene, Mike Richards and Drew have more PM than Greene(so does Fraser).

His style of play is going to net some PM, He is what he is.

Matt Greene is also only two points behind Penner and Four points Behind......SToll.

Matt Greene is probably having his best season in his career. He is the perfect Four to Sixth D man.

Greene has over 200 hits and 100 blocks....

Last edited by damacles1156: 03-31-2012 at 02:28 AM.
damacles1156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2012, 02:26 AM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

I don't have a problem with Greene sticking around, he provides net presence in front of Quick and does a good enough job protecting the crease. The minor penalties he commits can be infuriating, but he does provide a physical presence that the Kings need on the blueline. He's also one of the top leaders on the PK and the best shot blocker on the team. Can't give that up unless they have someone who can replace all of the things Greene does and performs just as well (if not better). Right now they don't have that, so no need to move him.

Guys like Richardson and Penner and Westgarth on the other hand, all expendable.

Old
03-31-2012, 02:28 AM
King Richards
Dry Island II

Greene's not going anywhere. If you think Kings management and staff has a problem with his play you're sorely mistaken. He does a LOT of things for this team.

Edit: also, this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by damacles1156 View Post
Matt Greene is probably having his best season in his career. He is the perfect Four to Sixth D man.

Greene has over 200 hits and 100 blocks....

Last edited by King Richards: 03-31-2012 at 02:35 AM.
King Richards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2012, 02:35 AM
Moses Doughty
LA's offense offends

Really happy with the game except for Richardson, thank the lord Sutter eventually put King in that spot

Moses Doughty is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2012, 02:39 AM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

*Fourth overall in hits among all defensemen and second on the Kings in hits (behind Dustin Brown).

*Second on the Kings behind only Willie Mitchell in shorthanded ice time.

*Third most blocks on the Kings with 105.

Greene's an integral part of a defensive unit that is the 2nd best in the NHL. He's rather undervalued around here and it is a shame how often his name is brought up as an expendable part. This isn't Jarret Stoll we're talking about.

Old
03-31-2012, 02:46 AM
KingsKnight
Reclaimed the Crown

Great effort all around. Our tenacity/pressure is making the other teams look bad. I'm not sure what Sutter is telling these guys before the games, but it's working. Tomorrow will be a test of our energy reserves, although Sutter did a good job of spreading it out as the game wore on and we had the big lead. That should help. Keep it going boys, let's lock up that 3rd spot!

KingsKnight is offline   Reply With Quote