Slovak National Team- The start over again edition

Old
03-30-2012, 11:21 AM
Harv
R.I.P. Pavol.

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krotak View Post
Peter Budaj won't join the NT for the WC in Finland/Sweden. No doubt Budaj is a great person, but he chose a bad team to play for. Unfortunately they think in Montréal Canadiens, Carey Price is the new Patrick Roy . 13 games is really a small number.
http://www.hokej.sk/reprezentacia/cl...pocestuje.htm?

So it's time for Hudáček and Hamerlík (maybe Laco). It will be high pressure on them, but it's a chance to show up. Show must go on .
Typical Montreal.

Ride their golden boy to last place and let the Euro rot on the bench.

Harv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2012, 04:50 AM
alko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harv View Post
Typical Montreal.

Ride their golden boy to last place and let the Euro rot on the bench.
But Budaj isn't any-more the saviour as he was in Colorado in his best season. His performance is also only a mediocre.

alko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2012, 06:04 AM
Tatanik

Send a message via MSN to Tatanik
So the boys lost 2-1 in a shootout to Russia last night in a shootout. Looked a pretty decent performance. Juraj Mikus continued his brilliant form for the NT with Slovakia's only goal. Laco played really well in goal as well.

Tatanik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2012, 08:26 PM
Harv
R.I.P. Pavol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatanik View Post
So the boys lost 2-1 in a shootout to Russia last night in a shootout. Looked a pretty decent performance. Juraj Mikus continued his brilliant form for the NT with Slovakia's only goal. Laco played really well in goal as well.
Considering the amount of depth the Russians have, I'll take that result.

Old
04-14-2012, 08:40 PM
Tatanik

Quote:
Considering the amount of depth the Russians have, I'll take that result.
They lost 3-2 tonight in regulation. Two goals by Bartovic after the Russians went 3-0 up. Hamerlik played in goal this time.

Old
04-22-2012, 11:16 AM
Harv
R.I.P. Pavol.

Tomas Tatar ‏ @Trto90
I am leaving today to WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP.soo excited. Cheer for SLOVAKS! #hockeyheart

Old
04-22-2012, 03:11 PM
zorz

Quote:
Tomas Tatar ‏ @Trto90
I am leaving today to WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP.soo excited. Cheer for SLOVAKS! #hockeyheart

I haven't seen Tatar since 2010 WC where he was quite good. Will be interesting to see what he can do now for sure.

zorz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2012, 04:31 PM
Harv
R.I.P. Pavol.

I'm glad he's going. If anything it's experience.

He needs to start going so when 2014 comes around he's on the big team. I hope the other young guys can do the same.

Old
04-24-2012, 02:46 PM
Harv
R.I.P. Pavol.

Good sign..

Tomas Tatar ‏ @Trto90
so much fun in national team. #loveit

Old
04-24-2012, 03:20 PM
slovakiasnextone

Quote:
Good sign..

Tomas Tatar ‏ @Trto90
so much fun in national team. #loveit
Not really, it´s always "so much fun" with the Slovak NT.....it has yet to translate on ice....maybe because there´s way too much fun...

slovakiasnextone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 02:31 AM
begbeee

Yeah, in the last few years it always reminds me more barbecue party of old friends rather than teamwork on certain goal.

We could easily be the funniest team (in every sense of the word) in B division with such work-ethic.

begbeee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2012, 04:35 AM
slovakiasnextone

If anyone´s intesrested that jerseys from SVK-NOR game (originally they were supposed to be worn in the SVK-CZE game earlier in April, but the Czech team forgot to pack their red jerseys, so they have a SVK-CZE patch sewed on them) that were created for the indution of Demitra into the Slovak hockey hall of fame are available to be auctioned here if anyone´s interested. Profits will go for Slovak youth hockey. I think this is the 3rd sets of NT jerseys to be auctioned for this purpose this season (Deutschland Cup jerseys were sold for 5860 euro and the ones from NT vs. Dukla Trenčín game for 6199 euro, the highest price was ofc payed for Pálffy´s jersey - 802 euro). Šatan´s from this game might come close though, already at 505 Euro.

Old
05-03-2012, 06:20 PM
zorz

could somebody try to predict Slovak olympic team for 2014? (let's pretend they already made it)

Old
05-03-2012, 09:34 PM
DrPabloRamirez

Quote:
Originally Posted by zorz View Post
could somebody try to predict Slovak olympic team for 2014? (let's pretend they already made it)
Halak, Budaj

Chara - Visnovsky
Meszaros - Sekera
Baranka - Jurcina
(Granak)

Hossa - Kopecky - Gaborik
Tatar - Mikus - Panik
Jurco - Bliznak - Zaborsky
Bartovic - Handzus - Radivojevic
(Kytnar)

But this is only my wishlist, players like Marcel Hossa, Ruzicka, Cibak, Surovy, Nagy, Bartecko or Kudroc will be there sure, because they are indispensable for unknown reasons. Maybe Zednik as friend on the phone too.

DrPabloRamirez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2012, 04:01 AM
Tatanik

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrPabloRamirez View Post
But this is only my wishlist, players like Marcel Hossa, Ruzicka, Cibak, Surovy, Nagy, Bartecko or Kudroc will be there sure, because they are indispensable for unknown reasons. Maybe Zednik as friend on the phone too.
Well Ruzicka and Cibak were cut from the NT for the Worlds, so I can't see how they would make the Olympics... I pray to god that they don't play for the NT agani.

Old
05-07-2012, 08:19 AM
fredrikstad

vCash: 512
Quote:
I've just looked at Juraj Mikuš of Spartak Moscow EP profile and I wanted to ask how did he put together that crazy 08/09 season? And what happened to him after that, he looks nowhere near that form right now.
My 2 cents are that The Slovakian league is nowhere near the AHL and the KHL in quality.

fredrikstad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2012, 09:37 AM
begbeee

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredrikstad View Post
My 2 cents are that The Slovakian league is nowhere near the AHL and the KHL in quality.
...and playing with Palffy on a line helps a lil'bit too

begbeee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2012, 04:36 AM
elMatador

Quote:
G
Halak
Laco
Janus

D
Chara - Granak
Meszaros - Visnovsky
Sekera - Mikus
Marincin/Gernat

F
Kopecky - Libor Hudacek- Hossa
Hrivik– Handzus- Gaborik
Tatar - Viedensky - Panik
Tvrdon - Mikus - Jurco
Satan/Radivojevic

elMatador is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2012, 07:30 AM
NewHopeForEveryone

Quote:
Originally Posted by elMatador View Post
G
Halak
Laco
Janus

D
Chara - Granak
Meszaros - Visnovsky
Sekera - Mikus
Marincin/Gernat

F
Kopecky - Libor Hudacek- Hossa
Hrivik– Handzus- Gaborik
Tatar - Viedensky - Panik
Tvrdon - Mikus - Jurco
Satan/Radivojevic

please...dont embarrass yourself...Visnovsky retired from NT...Mikus both in D and O? Tvrdon? Libor Hudacek as center? Hrivik? i believe that you just throw first names you saw somewhere and made this line-up...yes we rejuvenated our team this yeat but i dont believe that we will send so young team to the Sochi...we are not Canada

G
Halak, Laco and third someone who will have great season

D
Chara - Granak
Meszaros - Jurcina
Sekera - Kudroc
(Baranka as 7th)

O
Kopecky - Handzus(?) - Hossa (Old Hawks line with Shark at centre)
Radivojevic - Surovy - Gaborik
Tatar - Mikus - Bartovic (Slovak airlines)
Jurco - Bliznak - Hudacek
(Satan(?), Panik, Viedensky)

? - too old maybe but when they will be productive than why not
Panik, Viedensky, Jurco - i want to see them in WCH in 2013 if they fit in the team...anyway its up to Vujtek

Last edited by NewHopeForEveryone: 05-22-2012 at 07:40 AM.
NewHopeForEveryone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2012, 09:12 AM
elMatador

Quote:
Originally Posted by SvkInNHL View Post

please...dont embarrass yourself...Visnovsky retired from NT...Mikus both in D and O? Tvrdon? Libor Hudacek as center? Hrivik? i believe that you just throw first names you saw somewhere and made this line-up...yes we rejuvenated our team this yeat but i dont believe that we will send so young team to the Sochi...we are not Canada
Visnovsky is the same case as Pallfy who retired from WCH in 2007-8 but went to Vancouver.
My gut feeling is Soci could be Lubo´s farewell with Olympics.

Juraj Mikus has played 3 seasons in AHL, currently in conference finals with Marlies.

Slovakia down the middle has no clear no 1 center. Handzus is too old and too slow for that job, lets face it. Viedensky has no enough experience, Mikus is not good enough for 1st line and Kopecky is better utilized at the wing. Surovy is 3rd liner who overachieved along Satan and Hudacek.
L. Hudaces is listed as RW/C. To me he seem as a guy who has the balls and with right development in 2 years might be the guy for 1st line.
Hrivik has had great play off in AHL this spring and by 2014 will have full AHL season under his belt. He is strong along the boards, fast and got very good shot.
Jurco; Tvrdon same as Hrivik plus they will get proper development from Detroit in GR. Miles ahead of soft euros i.e Zaborsky.

Jurcina, Kudroc, Sersen are pylons.
Baranka , Starosta, Vydareny are soft euros, just not good enough. Soci will be played on Euro size ice rink. Team will need mobile defence with some wheels aka Pietroangelo, McDonagh, Karlsson.

Last edited by elMatador: 05-22-2012 at 09:35 AM.
elMatador is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2012, 09:45 AM
slovakiasnextone

I think it got kinda lost in all the celebration and stuff but Vujtek did mention in an interview on TV yesterday something aliong the lines of "now we can build a new team for Sochi."

As for Višňovský, while he did retire, he did actually look like he was pretty sorry that he wasn´t there this year when he saw what was accomplished in Helsinki when he was in Markíza´s studio yesterday.

Old
05-22-2012, 10:33 AM
NewHopeForEveryone

Quote:
Originally Posted by slovakiasnextone View Post
I think it got kinda lost in all the celebration and stuff but Vujtek did mention in an interview on TV yesterday something aliong the lines of "now we can build a new team for Sochi."
somehow i dont believe that Vujtek will give chance to players that declined invitations this year...we will see 70% of this team in Sochi too...

as of mobile defenseman...we played tight defensive style in which you need this "pylons" to clear the zone...so Jurcina, Kudroc, Chara are locks in Sochi...Granak got A on his chest this year so i believe that he will be there too...Sekera player helluva tournament so count with him too...

Marincin and Gernat are playing in juniors...still promising but without experience...

now offense...
Hrivik...his name i heard 1st time when i read that he was called to train with NYR...nice accomplishment but same as Marincin and Gernat
Handzus...if you think his speed is major problem then ok...get him fast wingers and problem solved...he will feed them with nice passes...Tatar and Bartovic as our version of TGV and we are done...one great line...then if we have free mikus then let him be center between Hossa and Kopecky...they have enough experience to pull him with them

Kopecky - Mikus - Hossa
Tatar - Handzus - Bartovic
Satan will be somewhere there too cos i believe it will be his last great tournament
Panik maybe instead of Bartovic
Viedensky maybe instead of Bliznak
lets see who will be better that year

and last thing...if Visnovsky really seemed sorry that he wasnt there then it was only for one reason...he wanted to thank Demitra the same way Kopecky and Chara did...but we will see...if this was impuls for him to knock his motor up and continue in production as he has last year then why not...still love him for his character

Old
05-22-2012, 10:55 AM
slovakiasnextone

I think Marinčin and Jurčo have the biggest chance from the kids still playing juniors as they are expected to be in the AHL next season. I believe Pánik will be there 100%, he already has WC experience, was with the team pre-WC last year (and has looked good both in 10 and 11) and would have been there this year if Norfolk was not in the play-offs. From Jurčo and Marinčin I guess Marinčin is the slightly likelier choice, because otherwise the deffense will be almost as old as our offense in 10´.

Old
05-22-2012, 11:00 AM
zorz

Quote:
Originally Posted by SvkInNHL View Post
somehow i dont believe that Vujtek will give chance to players that declined invitations this year...we will see 70% of this team in Sochi too...

as of mobile defenseman...we played tight defensive style in which you need this "pylons" to clear the zone...so Jurcina, Kudroc, Chara are locks in Sochi...Granak got A on his chest this year so i believe that he will be there too...Sekera player helluva tournament so count with him too...

Marincin and Gernat are playing in juniors...still promising but without experience...

now offense...
Hrivik...his name i heard 1st time when i read that he was called to train with NYR...nice accomplishment but same as Marincin and Gernat
Handzus...if you think his speed is major problem then ok...get him fast wingers and problem solved...he will feed them with nice passes...Tatar and Bartovic as our version of TGV and we are done...one great line...then if we have free mikus then let him be center between Hossa and Kopecky...they have enough experience to pull him with them

Kopecky - Mikus - Hossa
Tatar - Handzus - Bartovic

Satan will be somewhere there too cos i believe it will be his last great tournament
Panik maybe instead of Bartovic
Viedensky maybe instead of Bliznak
lets see who will be better that year

and last thing...if Visnovsky really seemed sorry that he wasnt there then it was only for one reason...he wanted to thank Demitra the same way Kopecky and Chara did...but we will see...if this was impuls for him to knock his motor up and continue in production as he has last year then why not...still love him for his character
from what I've seen in this thread and this WC, I'd switch Handzus x Mikus, Tatar x Radivojevic. Tatar seems to be legit offensive threat, he should be better for that role on top 6 in 2 years I think. Mikus is ok, but I'm not sure if he's this good. I haven't seen all games though, more like 3-4.

Old
05-22-2012, 11:14 AM
NewHopeForEveryone

Quote:
from what I've seen in this thread and this WC, I'd switch Handzus x Mikus, Tatar x Radivojevic. Tatar seems to be legit offensive threat, he should be better for that role on top 6 in 2 years I think. Mikus is ok, but I'm not sure if he's this good. I haven't seen all games though, more like 3-4.
i had him there but for reasons above i threw him to the 3rd line...
anyway if we forget on LW and RW then we can get Hossa and Gaborik on one line as they were playing on All Stars game in NHL where they were amazing

Gaborik - Handzus - Hossa
Radivojevic - Surovy - Kopecky
Tatar - Mikus - Bartovic (Hudacek)
Jurco - Bliznak - Panik

also if i remember right then Kopecky was in Chicago as Center with Hossa on RW so first line can br
Gaborik - Kopecky - Hossa

and then

Radivojevic - Handzus - Bartovic
Tatar - Mikus - Hudacek
Jurco - Bliznak - Panik

and dont know what to do with Satan, Nagy, Bartecko or Zednik

Last edited by NewHopeForEveryone: 05-22-2012 at 11:33 AM.