HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Notices

Do you start Emery tomorrow?

Old
03-30-2012, 11:59 PM
IU Hawks fan
They call me 'IU'

vCash: 772
Do you start Emery tomorrow?

You have your playoff starter set, Crawford.

Do you give Emery a game in Nashville and let him play Sunday? It's a game you can afford to lose (almost want to) and Minnesota should be a win at home which will allow CC to keep his confidence up. Whereas a drubbing in Nashville against Crow could raise questions among the fanbase once again on whether Crawford should be the playoff starter. Q can avoid some unneeded pressure by avoiding this route. And if you start Emery, you avoid him going over 2 weeks without getting into a game going into the playoffs, provided he isn't on the schedule for any of the last 3 (if 6th is wrapped up, you almost expect him to play in Detroit in the last game.)

However, you only have 2 more games after this, meaning he'll only be playing 3 games in either 11 or 12 days, depending on when they start the playoffs. Do you play him and hope he stays hot?

IU Hawks fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2012, 12:04 AM
Cullksinikers
Peaking Too Early

vCash: 500
Start Crawford. You don't take chances. Yes, it's really unlikely that we don't make the playoffs even without getting a point, but you go with Crawford. You try to get as many points as possible down the stretch. I don't think we will end up being the fifth seed even if we play damn well these next four games. You want to ride into the playoffs with confidence. Now, if there's no seeding implications, you start Emery.

Cullksinikers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2012, 12:18 AM
UsernameWasTaken
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cullksinikers View Post
Start Crawford. You don't take chances. Yes, it's really unlikely that we don't make the playoffs even without getting a point, but you go with Crawford. You try to get as many points as possible down the stretch. I don't think we will end up being the fifth seed even if we play damn well these next four games. You want to ride into the playoffs with confidence. Now, if there's no seeding implications, you start Emery.
qft.

"non playoffs" seems implausible..but still, LA pulled out a win tonight and we have those "9 games from hell" on the score card.

It's very convenient to think about "down the stretch"...but let's worry about "the stretch" when we're sure we're going to be on the stretch...and we can't take anything for granted at all right now.

UsernameWasTaken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2012, 05:41 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

tbh

I don't think we see Emery on the ice as a Hawk again

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2012, 08:57 AM
BobbyJet

I know some of the teams that are vying for a playoff berth, play each other in the final few games left ... and I can't be bothered doing all of the permutations but according to this guy (who seems very thorough by his charts) Hawks are mathematically in the playoffs already:

http://www.sportsclubstats.com/NHL/W...l/Chicago.html

If true, I agree with the OP. Go with Emery tonight in a tough go and then with CC tomorrow night.

BobbyJet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2012, 10:25 AM
BBH
34|38|61|10|13

Send a message via Skype™ to BBH
IMO I go with CC against Nashville then start Emery against Minny. Crow gets the last deaux starts.

BBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2012, 10:31 AM
LandofLincoln

I think Crawford has solidified himself as the playoff goalie. When the Hawks officially clinch then we may see Emery get a game or the last two games if Crawford wants a rest.

I think Emery deserves a game. Emery tonight against Nashville sounds ok with me.

LandofLincoln is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2012, 10:39 AM
LandofLincoln

The most noticable turn around in Crawford's game is Johnny Oduya the Hawks whole defense got better. Emery most likely would be a benefactor as well.

You don't take chances by starting Emery? Look Crawford was horrible against Nashville last time so Emery playing or Crawford it is all fine. If we can't pick up 2 points against Minnesota in 2 games then we don't belong in the playoffs.

Even if we lose out we still will get in most likely. I do agree you can't take chances and that is why I expect Crawford to be in the net. He is the #1 and this late in the season if a coach didn't go with their #1 I think people scratch their heads and wonder...

LandofLincoln is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2012, 10:41 AM
InsaneBlackhawksFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba88 View Post
tbh

I don't think we see Emery on the ice as a Hawk again

Very confident in Crawford I see. Me, I think we might see Emery in again tonight. The Predators are the Minnesota Twins of hockey and Bridgestone Arena is the Metrodome (Obviously I am talking about the Twins when they were good).

Let's hope all that scoring against the Wings yesterday tired the Preds out.

InsaneBlackhawksFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2012, 10:49 AM
IU Hawks fan
They call me 'IU'

vCash: 772
Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneBlackhawksFan View Post
Very confident in Crawford I see. Me, I think we might see Emery in again tonight. The Predators are the Minnesota Twins of hockey and Bridgestone Arena is the Metrodome (Obviously I am talking about the Twins when they were good).
Except the Preds are a class organization by all accounts.

IU Hawks fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2012, 01:05 PM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneBlackhawksFan View Post

Let's hope all that scoring against the Wings yesterday tired the Preds out.
right now, Crawford is our only chance to win anything. Bowman hopefully goes after a guy like Vokoun and not a backup at best like Emery is

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote