HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

When Dion Jumped Brayden

Old
03-31-2012, 03:38 AM
MorriPage

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LetzgoEggo View Post
Obviously it's pure speculation, but could it cause the team to collapse if true?
How would we even be able to tell the difference?

MorriPage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2012, 06:59 AM
Darylman

Whatever the demerits of the author and the article itself I think we can all agree SOMETHING has happened in the dressing room.

There is clearly SOMETHING wrong. What that is, we can only speculate.

Darylman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2012, 07:01 AM
birddog*

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyD View Post
I know nobody listens to Greg Brady anymore, but I tuned in briefly this morning as I was driving to work and heard him discuss this crazy theory.

He said reliable sources have told him that the Leafs have dressing room problems and Brady thinks this is the reason for the collapse. I know this has been discussed on here before.

Brady thinks the root cause of it all is a feud between Dion Phaneuf and Luke Schenn. The crazy part is he said it was obvious that this feud was the reason Phaneuf jumped Brayden Schenn last night!

Brady then said it was time Leafs fans 'connected the dots' and that he is certain Phaneuf and Schenn won't be on the same team next year.

What do you guys think?

From afar, it seems Ron Wilson and Schenn didnt get along. Phaneuf was probably loyal to Wilson as the coach made him captain. Its rumoured Aulie was traded because of a rift with Phaneuf. Schenn and Aulie are the same age and from Sakatchewan, seems natural they'd be buds.

This might seem like a soap opera. But it might also be an important riddle that needs to be solved before the Leafs can figure out how they turn the ship around. It would almost be encouraging if a solvable dressing room feud was what caused the collapse.

Here is the link where Brady makes the allegations. I know its hard to listen to the guy for longer than 10 mins, fortunately he pretty much starts into it at the beginning and gets more into it for about 10 mins. Then I had to turn him off.

http://pmd.fan590.com/podcasts/brady...am-hour%29.mp3
Connect the dots? Phaneuf jumps Schenn = rift between Luke and Dion. Seems 100% accurate to me.

birddog* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2012, 07:02 AM
dubey
Cookie Powered

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyD View Post
I know nobody listens to Greg Brady anymore, but I tuned in briefly this morning as I was driving to work and heard him discuss this crazy theory.

He said reliable sources have told him that the Leafs have dressing room problems and Brady thinks this is the reason for the collapse. I know this has been discussed on here before.

Brady thinks the root cause of it all is a feud between Dion Phaneuf and Luke Schenn. The crazy part is he said it was obvious that this feud was the reason Phaneuf jumped Brayden Schenn last night!

Brady then said it was time Leafs fans 'connected the dots' and that he is certain Phaneuf and Schenn won't be on the same team next year.

What do you guys think?

From afar, it seems Ron Wilson and Schenn didnt get along. Phaneuf was probably loyal to Wilson as the coach made him captain. Its rumoured Aulie was traded because of a rift with Phaneuf. Schenn and Aulie are the same age and from Sakatchewan, seems natural they'd be buds.

This might seem like a soap opera. But it might also be an important riddle that needs to be solved before the Leafs can figure out how they turn the ship around. It would almost be encouraging if a solvable dressing room feud was what caused the collapse.

Here is the link where Brady makes the allegations. I know its hard to listen to the guy for longer than 10 mins, fortunately he pretty much starts into it at the beginning and gets more into it for about 10 mins. Then I had to turn him off.

http://pmd.fan590.com/podcasts/brady...am-hour%29.mp3
Probably one of the dumber things I'll read today and the day is just getting started!

Good reason no one listens to Brady

dubey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2012, 07:07 AM
NiL8r87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darylman View Post
Whatever the demerits of the author and the article itself I think we can all agree SOMETHING has happened in the dressing room.

There is clearly SOMETHING wrong. What that is, we can only speculate.
They won 5 of their last 25 games. Show me a team that wouldn't have issues after something like that.

NiL8r87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2012, 07:09 AM
dubey
Cookie Powered

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesseV87 View Post
They won 5 of their last 25 games. Show me a team that wouldn't have issues after something like that.
SOMETHING something something something

There must be SOMETHING

There must be

something

Old
03-31-2012, 07:15 AM
Igy
HFBoards Sponsor

If this is true, Dion can **** right off.

Igy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2012, 07:25 AM
Confucius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baba Ganoush View Post
if that did happen, and Phaneuf and Schenn weren't on the same team next season, i hope Schenn is the one who remains a Leaf.

and yes....i know the chances of Phaneuf being traded this offseason are 0%.

Phaneuf has only gotten worse since his first few seasons in Calgary, while Schenn will continue to grow. it's funny how most fans agree the Leafs lack grit more than anything...yet Schenn (the guy who leads the league in hits) is usually the first name thrown out in our trade proposal threads.
Absolutely, trade Phaneuf

Confucius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2012, 08:17 AM
Doug Gilmour
Leafer Since '95

Quote:
Originally Posted by birddog View Post
Connect the dots? Phaneuf jumps Schenn = rift between Luke and Dion. Seems 100% accurate to me.
It's not rocket science. I didn't see this incident in question, but if this is true then Schenn got what was coming to him. Luke needs to see that, but he still has to protect his brother. Phaneuf is the capitan of the team and is responsible for standing up for the team and representing. I can't teach my brothers everything in life because somethings come the hard way and there is no way around it. Same applies for Luke and Brayden.

But this has shades of his Calgary days written all of it.

Last edited by Doug Gilmour: 03-31-2012 at 08:23 AM.
Doug Gilmour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2012, 08:20 AM
BLONG7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boogeymane View Post
Phanuef had problems in Calgary did he not?
Bingo...

BLONG7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2012, 08:23 AM
MarcWagz

phaneuf seems like a problem player, I dont know if its worth having him around

I was excited to have a captain, but you have to earn the right to be a captain

MarcWagz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2012, 08:28 AM
StarBurns RIP
No Agenda

Brady has been going on about a rift between Phaneuf and "a young player" for while. Now he's saying it explicitly. If this history of dressing room problems are true (hear that I'm not saying it's true), normally you keep the better player. However again if this history is true (as with the rumored issues with Versteeg and Stalberg) you don't keep accommodating the source of the friction.

Could Phaneuf be Toronto's Dan Cloutier? Burke's fatal flaw in Vancouver.

StarBurns RIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2012, 08:37 AM
Bob Loblawbrovsky
Fleury Border Patrol

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4evaBlue View Post
Are you buds with every kid who played the same sport as you did in the same province? There's nothing "natural" about it.
I dunno man I'm friends with EVERY 22 year old in Ontario.

Bob Loblawbrovsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2012, 08:41 AM
Wendelstache

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarBurns View Post
Brady has been going on about a rift between Phaneuf and "a young player" for while. Now he's saying it explicitly. If this history of dressing room problems are true (hear that I'm not saying it's true), normally you keep the better player. However again if this history is true (as with the rumored issues with Versteeg and Stalberg) you don't keep accommodating the source of the friction.

Could Phaneuf be Toronto's Dan Cloutier? Burke's fatal flaw in Vancouver.
No, their names are James Reimer and Jonas Gustavsson.

Wendelstache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2012, 08:43 AM
therealkoho
Gary says it's A-OK

Quote:
Originally Posted by binop7 View Post
Most of your posts I don't agree with, but this one absolutely. Here's some stats from this season

Dion Phaneuf
TOR D
GP 78
Hits 207 (This stat is quite good for him)
Blocks 122 (Quite good as well)
Missed Shots 88 (This is horrendous)
Giveaways 73(Horrible as well, Gardiner has 72 which is not good either)
Shooting percentage 5.2%

Just watching the games you can see Dion handles the puck way too much and plays way too many minutes.
the most misunderstood stat in hockey and just as ridiculous as the +/- stat in measuring a players worth

If a player clears a puck out of the zone to relieve pressure and an opposing player chases it down it results in a T/O and the player who chases it down gets a T/A

Dmen who play lots of minutes are generally going to have high T/O #'s, while we all want to see the completed pass getting out of the zone sometimes the open man just isn't there or there's no lane

therealkoho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2012, 08:52 AM
Mansfield
possession obsession

Yeah, for all phaneuf's supposed problems with Iggy they've seemed like BFF's every time they've been seen together.

Anything's possible, but I don't buy it.

Mansfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2012, 08:54 AM
Gert B Frobe

Every time I watch the Leafs Phaneuf does something stupid. If VanRiemsdyk didn't get hurt this season Luke Schenn would be a Flyer and Burke would look even more like the total moron he is. Schenn is a solid, young stay at home guy on a very bad team. When he goes to a good team we will all see how good he is.

And of course there are locker room issues. The team has tanked and the captain is hated throughout the league. Who makes a dick like Phaneuf captain? The captain should be a player who is respected by his teammates and opponents alike - that guy is captain because he's the most talented and one of highest paid players on the team. And Burke won't trade him because that would be an admission of stupidity. Although they got him and Aulie for White Stajan Hagman and Mayers who haven't done crap in Calgary.

Gert B Frobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2012, 08:55 AM
dubey
Cookie Powered

Quote:
You guys are like the fans of the National Enquirer -- you believe anything. It's sad, really sad.
A Leafs tabloid magazine would make a ton of money if it was sold on HFboards

Old
03-31-2012, 08:56 AM
Brewsky
King Of The Ice Mugs

Send a message via ICQ to Brewsky Send a message via AIM to Brewsky Send a message via MSN to Brewsky Send a message via Yahoo to Brewsky Send a message via Skype™ to Brewsky
If anything it should've been Luke that jumped his own brother and ask him what the **** he's doing before he tells Mama Schenn on him

Brewsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2012, 08:58 AM
MorriPage

Luke should have done to Brayden what Eric Staal did to his brother Mark. That would have sent the proper message.

MorriPage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2012, 09:14 AM
Simcoe23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendelstache View Post
that was pretty lame of phaneuf.
he poosed out on Hartnell, then try to rough up a 20 year old kid, then look like a total bish when simmonds talked him down.

he should go join the sedins sisters, what a disgrace to the uniform.
Agreed. Turns my stomach that he wears the C on my team. I hate that stupid scowl on his face- does he actually think he's intimidating anyone? Guys on the other bench are laughing at him. Probably guys on his bench too.

Simcoe23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2012, 09:15 AM
birddog*

Is Brayden Schenn off limits because he has a brother on the team? Kudos to Phaneuf for showing some emotion.

birddog* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2012, 09:18 AM
dubey
Cookie Powered

Quote:
Is Brayden Schenn off limits because he has a brother on the team? Kudos to Phaneuf for showing some emotion.
Clearly. If Phaneuf posted on HFboards he would know that.

I'm not a Phaneuf homer or anything, the guy needs to make his presence felt at all times, not just once in a while. But the people incessantly taking shots at him are hilarious to read.

Old
03-31-2012, 09:19 AM
Wendelstache

Quote:
if you want to show emotion, show it when it matters, go fight/rough up Hartnell or Simmonds when it counted, not some 20 year old kid when the score is 7-1.

Wendelstache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2012, 09:21 AM
Niedermayor

u kidding me! are u serious believing Luke will

be better and better? I don't look at that direction. Turn over again, again, and again. 1 on 1 lose again, again, again. I think tons of young guns forward can beat him 1 on 1, he is not the future C of leafs for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baba Ganoush View Post
if that did happen, and Phaneuf and Schenn weren't on the same team next season, i hope Schenn is the one who remains a Leaf.

and yes....i know the chances of Phaneuf being traded this offseason are 0%.

Phaneuf has only gotten worse since his first few seasons in Calgary, while Schenn will continue to grow. it's funny how most fans agree the Leafs lack grit more than anything...yet Schenn (the guy who leads the league in hits) is usually the first name thrown out in our trade proposal threads.

Niedermayor is offline   Reply With Quote